PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone in thinking FFX stunk?

OneBorneofaDragon
05-13-2005, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine once told me that he didn't like the final fantasy series because he hated having to play the game just to see the amazing animation sequences...

I understood his arguement but felt that he hadn't played enough FF to make that judgement... as we FF fanatics know there is so much more to this series than the animation... I cant remember how many times I've played IV and VI all the way through... or how much time I spent playing the VII mini-games or VIII's triple triad...

But Final Fantasy X just plan sucked... So many times in that game I was just holding the controller and watching the animation sequences... which held not interest to me... the story was not at all engaging...

It was FFX and Metal Gear Solid 2 (another lame game) that made me realize that I had no interest in console gaming any longer... the AI was to easy to fool... Since giving my PS2 to a friend for a large bag of green I have been playing online player versus player games exclusively... first star wars galaxies and now guild wars... I haven't had a chance to play XI the online game but from what I understand there isn't any real pvp in that game... and with XII on the horizon I really cant say what I am going to do...

The Final Fantasy series has afforded me years of gaming pleasure... but FFX really made me tune out... that game blew... I want to keep on living in a fantastic world full of dragoons and chocobos but I want to PLAY in this world rather than watch it...

Am I the only one that feels this way?
(I posted this in the General FF forums but I reposted here to see what the fans of FFX think)
:mog: :mog:

Gwelenguchenkus
05-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I used to dislike FFX, but it wasn't for te same arguement.

FFX is definitely not my favorite, but it's not bad. It's not like it lacked anything the rest of the series had.

Linear? yes, FFX is linear, but so is the entire FF series. The commonly phrased 'yellow brick road' that you follow in FFX kind of makes you feel trapped on a linear path, though.

Lacking minigames? Not really. I do agree that I dislike a majority of FFX's minigames, but there were a lot of them, and some were challenging. Most were not accessable until the very end of the game, though, which is a big no-no.

Too much emphasis on plot, not enough gameplay? Don't give me that one... it's not any different than say.. Final Fantasy VII. Gasp. Shock. Awe. After a long dungeon of fighting, you see a bunch of cutscenes and then move onto another dungeon. How is that any different from the rest of the series? Do you actually 'hate' this game BECAUSE it has cutscenes? If there was none, there wouldn't be a plot.

I used to think the plot was too simple, and lacked depth. I think a little differently now... There is some supurb character developement, and revealing of Yevon's true nature, among many other things that were very interesting.

>>

AS FOR THE BATTLES, HOWEVER, this is my main qualm with FFX. It is way. Too. Easy.

You get in a fight. You see a flan, a bird, a dog, and a rock-shelled creature. The flan has sparks flying out of it. It's weak against thunder. Pull out lulu to kill flan. Pull out wakka to kill bird. Pull out tidus to kill dog. Pull out auron to kill rock-shell. One hit kill, for every single monster. That is how a majority of battles play out. All of the 'hard' monsters usually boil down to hitting them with dark attack, and then doing as much damage before doing it again.

But then again, even battles in FF7 were painfully easy. I remember easily wiping out enemies without even the most BASIC strategies which even FFX has! Final Fantasies aren't known for their battle difficulty.

All in all, FFX is still a great game, I guess. I really dislike the art-style that Nomura uses in this installment, however. And a lot of the physics of this game drive me insane. It's so unrealistic it hurts.

I found FFX to be a pretty decent game, with some very irritating aspects that I dislike, involving the battles, often annoying minigames (Oh what fun it is to dodge 200 lightning bolts for a half an hour! WHAT IDIOT THOUGHT OF THIS MINIGAME, I'LL KILL THEM... ahem)., and some really bad voice acting mixed in with some good voice acting... uhh

FFX is okay. I hate it. I love it. But it's really not that bad. I guess.

Wuggly Blight
05-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I hate the 10 series, it reaks like a open sewer and brings shame upon final fantasy, however most people on the 10 forums are die hard fans and thus you wont get a even view.

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 04:33 PM
OMG! IS U DISIN FFX!!!11 I NOW WERE U LIVE ND ILL TAKE U DOWN!!!11

YukiKiro
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
in the ever changing world of FF things ... well, change. square rearanges things and pulls out this, adds a bit of that, does an extreme makeover FF edition and gives us a new game.FFX is plot based, its not really an adventure game like the other FF's you're reffering to. I am sorry to hear you feel that way about FFX for personnaly i think that the game is pure genius. i also believe that square has really got something with the sphere grid and should try different variations of it in future FF's. but we are all different and you're entitled to your oppinion, no matter how offencive it may be percieved by someone else. i too play online player to player games (games like SOCOM II and Killzone and what not), but i still find myself going back and playing FFX every so often.

FF freak
05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
X was what got me started in FF.

JaytodaP
05-13-2005, 08:13 PM
FFX SUCKED. It couldnt suck anymore than it already does. Mario Party is even better than that. The characters acted like idiots, and the voices didnt suit them. I dont know how many times I said "Put your arm back in your Freaking shirt(auron) before I....I......I.. turn you into bacon"
So now I say to myself "Why the hell did I spend 6.72 renting X-2" That game was no challenge at all. The ending could not suck any more. Also, I cant stand geeks(no offense to anyone) who say "Ohhhhh, look at how real they look. So beautifully rendered. They even talk! Yuna is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*huff puff wheeze* hottttttttttttttttt" I hate that!
so my response " Get a REAL girl......"
Their response "You're just jealous because they can render better than you!"
Me: "Oh really? Ask me how much I care"
Man I hate that!

Skytiger92
05-13-2005, 09:45 PM
X-2 got me started on FF. I didn't know about X until after I played X-2 about 3 times, only to the point where I beat the spider. (couldn't save, wasn't my game or my ps2:S) I love the FFX series though.

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
FFX SUCKED. It couldnt suck anymore than it already does. Mario Party is even better than that. The characters acted like idiots, and the voices didnt suit them. I dont know how many times I said "Put your arm back in your Freaking shirt(auron) before I....I......I.. turn you into bacon"
So now I say to myself "Why the hell did I spend 6.72 renting X-2" That game was no challenge at all. The ending could not suck any more. Also, I cant stand geeks(no offense to anyone) who say "Ohhhhh, look at how real they look. So beautifully rendered. They even talk! Yuna is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*huff puff wheeze* hottttttttttttttttt" I hate that!
so my response " Get a REAL girl......"
Their response "You're just jealous because they can render better than you!"
Me: "Oh really? Ask me how much I care"
Man I hate that!

That's a pretty stupid statement. For instance, all the characters could be voiced by the guy who did Tidus. Then it would be worse. It could be in Atari graphics. That'd be worse. Need I continue? Bashing a game without a genuine argument just makes you look stupid.

And I didn't especially like Final Fantasy X. I'd say it was simlpy an average RPG. I disliked the story, especially the religious aspect, among other things. It wasn't terrible, by any means, however.

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
FFX-2 is the bad one. It was filth in more ways than one.

Destai
05-13-2005, 10:35 PM
I loved X. I didnt like X-2.

jennifer
05-14-2005, 01:38 AM
X was what got me started in FF.

X got me into FF too

rubah
05-14-2005, 04:08 AM
I liked ffx. It was a spiffy step up from ff5. Of course the 'jagged stab-worthy pixels' it delivers vis the ps2 is distracting, but so was the compression noise in the fmvs of the ps1 games (especially 8xD) and the low color amounts in the nes and snes games (except 6. man, those graphics blew my mind:D)

Sure the battles get old when you fight the same monsters in the same way everytime, but there's an easy remedy for that^_^

Change it up. See how many hits it takes lulu to destroy an armored fiend. See if you can get consistant overkills. When you get Rikku/kimarhi to steal, try and steal the rare items (especially from those little slasher mantis things in macalania, they've got like megapotions:D)

You get as much out of it as you put in, as in many cases.

I thought the story was rather good, and while they might not have waited until the end (although when you do the sidequests it's not really the end anymore) before telling all that stuff about yevon and such, it was definitely a nice twist that takes a couple of playthroughs to get a grasp onxD

I really don't get the argument people bring up all the time about 'ON NOES! There's no world map!!11'

I don't like all the ones that have worldmaps any better for having them. The fun and usefulness of the camera angles in ff7 to see if emerald weapon is coming for you, and trying to walk straight in ff8 doesn't make up for HOW FRIGGIN' LOST I get on world maps.
(I thought it was spiffy how you could get to Bevelle from Macalania the first time I played ffx, because I really paid no attention to where I was goingxD You can blame the little red arrow, but at least I had an idea where I was going. Which really fits into the theme, because everyone in your party knows exactly what you're doing, but you don't:P so it's fitting in that way)

There's worse ways to spend my 300+ hours, I'm sure.

disapointedchild
05-14-2005, 04:38 AM
There's worse ways to spend my 300+ hours, I'm sure.
Yeah, like doing drugs.

FFX, was really good in my opinion. Yes there was a change that needed getting used to, but really isn't that what all ff's do, they change, and shape, and mostly turn out good.

Change doesnt mean bad. I guess you would like these games to still be played on the nes, (or family com), rather have little pixals fighting. Have materia over and over again.

Come on change is going to happen, and you need to give it a fair chance.
Change was made if FFX, but there were really good ones.

Just my :twocents:

TurkSlayer
05-14-2005, 05:03 AM
I like FFX. Better than VIII, and MUCH better than V. But there were certained things I didn't like about it. The easy battle system mention earlier (of course, it was better than VIII where the only way your getting through the game is with GFs) Some of the characters were pretty annoying. And some parts of the story could be fixed.

As for X-2, I still haven't gotten very far because I stopped playing a long time ago. Still, I'm going to beat it just I can say I did. But its not great.

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2005, 05:04 AM
I liked it, and I for one liked the religious aspect of the game, how they began to question things and had to face that something they'd always believed was so messed up, and how tradition wasn't always the best thing.

So nya :)

DMKA
05-14-2005, 06:39 AM
FFX is my second favorite. The game is just brilliant.

First we've got a story of a star athelete, loving life in a big city. He's a star attraction in his home town, which says alot because this is anything but a town...it's THE city, Zanarkand. While he's following in his father's footsteps, he holds alot of pent up resentment toward him, and as far as he knows, is dead after missing for years.

One day out of the blue, this giant thing , called sin by Auron, someone he happened to know through his daddy, comes and tears up his city while he's starring in his event...blitzball. In the middle of the destruction, he's whisked away into a completely different world where he knows no one and nothing about the way of life, and is taken for a freak/victim of Sin's toxin every time he mentions his home, his stardom, or his lack of knowledge of the religion that everyone blindly follows. He meets a guy who's so friendly to him, yet is so ruled by his faith to the point that if he really knew him, there could be a degree of hatred.

Fast forward, meets a girl, who ends up being the daughter of a famous man, as he is a son of a famous man, but for very different reasons. He story ends up being so...crazily twisted and unexpected, as does Tidus'. And then, in the end, Tidus was...well...something less than what we thought he was.

Of course, that's just a few aspects. The game had great music, very human characters, very true to life aspects (especially the whole religion/cultural prejudice bit), beautiful graphics, great music, and some of the most emotionally moving scenes in any game ever. No game ever managed to make me cry before FFX.

It's a brilliant game...perhaps not the best FF ever, but I definitely think it's one of the finest games ever made in a story telling and artistic aspect, and in the way it reflects life so unccanily. The only reason people seem to dislike it is because they lack maturity, they're a tad too dense to see the game for what it is, they pay no attention to the story and just want to fight, or the fact that it's not FF7.

Though the last one is the number 1 reason, I believe.

ChippyP7
05-14-2005, 06:40 AM
As mentioned before is that another Final Fantasy had a religious aspect to it. Which turned out, too much explantion of the Yevon and the people believing it. Then yet a very slow development towards the truth. Even though that Square-Enix mostly has to have something related to religious beliefs in a game. It's annoying to me as a non-believer. All in all this was a great game, story develoment was in a low score.

Story: 6/10 - Lack of character development and yet religious aspects.
Gameplay: 8/10 - Basic and creative for a beginners; No ATB; interesting lot of sidequests.
Music: 9/10 - Nobuo Uematsu did a great job with the pieces and arrangement fitting perfectly in environments.
Graphics: 10/10 - Not sketchy at all, very stylish and smooth.
Overall: 8.2/10

redxiiii
05-14-2005, 08:42 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I still love FF
but FFX definatly turned me off a little
the new change is no where near as good as other FF's
They lost the world map for god sake

OneBorneofaDragon
05-16-2005, 06:58 AM
and no chocobos?!! I swear they were smoking crack when they made this lousy ass game...

(yes I am aware of the Chocobo Knights but where is MY beautifully rendered ffx golden chicken!!)

EDIT: Use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Angelz*and*Emoz
05-16-2005, 10:50 AM
X was what got me started in FF.same here that game is awesome! sorry you feel that way though :( :D

Gwelenguchenkus
05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
(yes I am aware of the Chocobo Knights but where is MY beautifully rendered ffx golden chicken!!)

What are you talking about? You can rent and ride chocobos, and theres several minigames where you have to ride on chocobo-back.

Old Manus
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM

What are you talking about? You can rent and ride chocobos, and theres several minigames where you have to ride on chocobo-back.

YEA OMG GET UR FCATS STRATE!!!!!!11

Gwelenguchenkus
05-16-2005, 10:45 PM

YEA OMG GET UR FCATS STRATE!!!!!!11

Totally.

DMKA
05-17-2005, 01:48 AM
FFX had chocobos...perhaps you were playing a different game?

TurkSlayer
05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
No, because he mentioned the Chocobo Knights, and thats the only game with them to my knowledge. I have no idea how you could possibly miss seeing the chocobos. There was even a boss called Chocobo Eater who has a chocobo in his hand when you see him.

Sunny Rabbiera
05-17-2005, 05:42 AM
FFX is one of my faves, fourth on my list under FF VI, VII and IX
it was very bold step to introduce things like predjudice and religion into the gaming as other FF's really didnt have that.
the sphere grid is perhaps the most interesting way of leveling up in the game, and you could follow the paths of your other characters.
I know some hate it but I really do like FF X

BackRoomKid
05-17-2005, 06:14 AM
you're not alone, you're just isolated with a few other buddies from the ffX clique

btw: X is one of my favs next to VIII, VII, & VI

BlackRibon
05-19-2005, 01:20 AM
ffX is not the best ff but it's a great game indeed.
besides it has my favorite ff character auron.

crazybayman
05-20-2005, 04:49 PM
It's a brilliant game...perhaps not the best FF ever, but I definitely think it's one of the finest games ever made in a story telling and artistic aspect, and in the way it reflects life so unccanily. The only reason people seem to dislike it is because they lack maturity, they're a tad too dense to see the game for what it is, they pay no attention to the story and just want to fight, or the fact that it's not FF7.

Though the last one is the number 1 reason, I believe.
I couldn't agree more.

Someone mentioned that the story was too dragged out. I thought they executed it perfectly, leading you through all Wakka's and the Maesters' ranting on about the teachings and atonement, only to find out that their religion was a big sham, and in fact just a way of letting Sin repeat itself.

Fabulous game, from every angle. Gameplay was great, and I personally loved the battle system. Yeah it was easy, but if you want a challenge, you just go to the battle arena.

Story was great, characters were great, battle system was great, music was great, character development was great.......blah, blah... :blahblah: :thumb:

FFX-2 however stunk to the highest degree. :shoot: :down:

FiragaBreak
05-20-2005, 06:58 PM
The only part that I think stunk was when Tidus had to be sent by Yuna.

DMKA
05-20-2005, 07:27 PM
[/SPOILER]! :D

Jess
05-21-2005, 10:19 PM
The game is just brilliant.

I agree, I've played nearly all of the FF's and this one comes close to being my favourite. I loved the story, the music, the characters were so unique, the graphics, the ending (even if it was sad), the game in general. The only thing that I disliked on the game was the sphere-grid, because I prefer the FFVII way of levelling up. Other than that I completely loved the game, personally I think it is one of the best FF's ever.

I agree here, too. I got as far as the concert on the thunder plains and just thought, "fuck this." And gave up the game. It is now gathering dust in my closet, I would sell it, but one day I plan on seeing how bad the rest of the game is. I don't really think a sequel to the game was really required, and if they had to go ahead and make another one, they could of atleast done a better job of it. :( I could of done better myself.

squareSOFT
05-22-2005, 04:28 AM

I agree here, too. I got as far as the concert on the thunder plains and just thought, "smurf this." And gave up the game. It is now gathering dust in my closet, I would sell it, but one day I plan on seeing how bad the rest of the game is. I don't really think a sequel to the game was really required, and if they had to go ahead and make another one, they could of atleast done a better job of it. :( I could of done better myself.[/QUOTE]

X-2 could have been tolerable as a stand-alone. But as an incredibly anticipated sequel to one of the greatest games ever made, it simply did not come anywhere near filling the shoes of X or any of the previous ff's.

Crop
05-22-2005, 10:30 AM

OMG, I HAVENT GOT TO THAT PART YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 SPOILER????????????????

vg_freddy
05-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, I Loved FFX is the one that i like the most, after that VII, the story was so great, all the fear about Sin, the Teachings, the maesters, all of them against our group, i just love that game, also, great battle sistem, FFX-2 I liked it too! I mean it's not one of my favorites but i liked it, the story was actually pretty simple, but i don't think it was a mistake.

Seraf
05-23-2005, 12:57 AM
If you think that MGS sucks then your're not a gamer. Get out of my presence now as you're not worth.

FiragaBreak
05-23-2005, 06:16 PM

OMG, I HAVENT GOT TO THAT PART YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 SPOILER????????????????

I qam sorry that I spoiled the ending for the people who haven;t beaten the game. Please for give me :cry: .

Croyles
05-24-2005, 01:34 AM
hmmm strange ffx was one of my favourite and i thought the battles were hard, one of the hardes in fact. i thought 7, 8 and 9 had really easy battles. FFX actually had to make me think instead of just hack and slash with the occasional magic/summon. i especially loved fighting the dark aeons. i loved the plot, and yes it was linear, but so was every other ff game its just that they made you think it wasnt. they always gave you choices for answering question etc but they never really had any direct affect towards the game, instead minor ones such as being able to decide who you were going to date in the gold saucer (ff7). that might be different in games prior to ff7, i dont know, although i have finished ff5 and 6.

i thought the story was one of the most complex and interesting after ff7.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
05-25-2005, 01:51 AM
I do admit, the battle system was a bit too...well basic, It just meant remembering what character to use for what enemy, and then using that over and over.

Big D
05-25-2005, 11:05 PM
*Deletes posts*

Super Tidus, stop abusing other members or you will be banned from this forum.

I greatly enjoyed FFX. The world was original and well-developed; so were plenty of the characters. The battle system had some creative innovations. The addition of voice actors was a bold move, too. Most of the cast did a great job, in my opinion. In short, FFX retained the series' renowned quality, but also tried plenty of new ideas. If anything is going to kill the FF series, it's a lack of creativity. In spite of the adverse reaction from old-school fans who can't stand change, they went ahead with tweaks and alterations, instead of just recycling the old formula.

As for X-2... I felt it was a fine game. If people were expecting another 90-hour epic RPG with a cast of a dozen new playable characters, then I'd say they were asking to be disappointed. It was made clear that the game was going to be an action RPG and a follow-up story to FFX - not a totally new and just-as-huge adventure. It's more of a continuation of Yuna's personal story and journey. Accordingly, it doesn't follow the traditional RPG format. It's more like a series of extra chapters to FFX. X-2 provided a glimpse at Spira in the post-Sin era, and a welcome revisit to characters and places from the original game. It was interesting to see just how the people and cultures had changed. Not to mention the added details about the Zanarkand-Bevelle war, and about the workings of spirit energy and the like.
When you know that a game is going to continue a story that already exists, you should also know that it's never going to feel as new and fresh as the story it continues.

...Having said all of that, I do understand why some people don't like FFX or X-2.

Krag Koopa
05-27-2005, 06:11 AM
X-2 also got me started on the regular path of FF games......(VI,VII, ETC.) since I played only FFTA, and FFCC only so thats why I got FFX and I loved it so I told my friends and persuaded them into buying it.....so I love FFX and I definitely didnt think it blew.......

Tidus1456
05-28-2005, 03:39 PM
FFX was and is FANTASTIC who care's about graphic's the story was fantastic I'm not guna say there were never time's when I thought "this coulda been better" because I did but not as much as I did playin the other FF game's like FFVII in shinra mansion and drivin around the wolrd map in a little red buggy thing was just plain boring and FFVIII the fight's were dull but the story was good all game's have that thing u dont like about them but u ignore um because overall u know that the game more then make's up for it in other place's (in FFX I found the trials to get the aeon's just plain dull) there r few game's that "suck" as sum people put it and many people refuse to play game's that require sum kind of emotion to enjoy FFX was a great game with few fault's in my oppinion this was the best they have ever produced.

Croyles
05-28-2005, 03:51 PM
running....out....of....breath!!!!!!! please.....use.....punctuation! :D

Tidus1456
05-28-2005, 06:54 PM
you read out loud lol if u read it without talking u wouldn't be running out of breath lol

Old Manus
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah lol.

Croyles
05-28-2005, 07:10 PM
ok so i ran out of brain breath

Tidus1456
05-28-2005, 08:06 PM
brain breath lol erm good luck with that lol try taking deep breath's when ur out of breath like this guy :eek: lol

Croyles
05-28-2005, 08:10 PM
:D

Old Manus
05-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Using lol instead of full stops seems to work well lol

Tidus1456
05-29-2005, 12:46 AM
lmao yep it does lol I love the sig :P (faces work to lol)

Tai-Ti
05-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Now that Croyles should have his breath back, i wanna say that the graphics and the fact you could hear the characters talking, mixxed with the great story, made it just that bit better to me, cause they looked more like real ppl, and sounded like real ppl, u almost like, got 2 no em better, or sumfink like that. Also, X-2, as charlies-angels-ish as it was, wasnt the BIGGEST let down. had sum good movies 4 me 2 record :D

Lon611
05-29-2005, 06:35 PM
i used to think ffx was my favorite. thats because ffvii really didn't hit the spot for me until lately. but now, im officially one of those "FFVII OMG KICKS ASS" nerds :D

despite ffvii being my fav rite now, ffx is still in close second. i mean, it provided u with a storyline that was very interesting, as if watching a movie. in terms of entertainment, what else could u want?no, it wasn't one of those sci-fi, big explosions, lots of fighting storylines, but instead one of those "emotional rollercoasters". the battle system had a great learning curve, because i think square new that ffx would draw a larger crowd, so they had to make it complicatedly-simple. (?)lol :rolleyes2

and i do agree, that ffx was/is probably the most emotional game out there. you can bring in ffvii to the equation, but ffvii at times gets away from the emotional aspect.

yet, ffvii set the standard so high for video games that i think ppl are both unfair and unwillingly to give ffx a chance.

overall, i dont feel like repeating things i agreed with in other ppl's posts, so il keep it simple.

is ffx the best ff?
...almost :cool:

*iloveme06*
05-29-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't know. . . FFX was THE first final fantasy game I had ever played. So, when I did finally give it a chance-I thought it was really cool! It has a lot twists and turns in the story, but it was easy for me to follow, and I really loved it.

Then, I played the sequel, and it reminded me of charlie's angels. . . but, I stilled liked it. Though, I still don't understand what the whole story was about. First, she's looking for her lost love, then suddenly Shuyin and Lenne appear, and after that-I just kinda got confused.

Anyway, I'd have to say that FFX was pretty good-even if I haven't played the others, it made me want to. And yeah, I kind of burnt myself out on it, but I always come back to it.

Tidus1456
05-30-2005, 04:33 AM
FFX was the third FF I ever played my first was FFVIII and I have alway's rememberd how good I thought it was,untill that point in time I had never played a game like it I was used to playing game's were u just run around with a big gun and shoot people and thats it .Then I played FFVII wich I thought was great and then FFX for me it was just mind blowing everything was great about it and still is,I wish they had just made a movie of that lol, I have completed the game about 3 time's from start to finish and have just started again I am at the point were yuna get's kidnapped and were u first play blitzball :) (I never beat the dark magus sister's or anima though :()

Tai-Ti
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Ive never fully completted FFX, im not that paitient. 10 and 10-2 are the only FF games ive fully played. I started 9, and the disk stuffed up...grrrr.... i started 6, and my brother accidentaly deleted my game, and ive just been to lazy to start again and all. From what i got to see of 9, i really loved, and i wish the disk didn't crash. But 10 is still my running fave, i just think the battle system is better, gives you time to stratagise and think. All in all, ive played the game threw twice, once gettin anima and magus sisters, the other, just adverage play, both times were kool :)

Seraf
06-06-2005, 05:56 AM
A friend of mine once told me that he didn't like the final fantasy series because he hated having to play the game just to see the amazing animation sequences...

I understood his arguement but felt that he hadn't played enough FF to make that judgement... as we FF fanatics know there is so much more to this series than the animation... I cant remember how many times I've played IV and VI all the way through... or how much time I spent playing the VII mini-games or VIII's triple triad...

But Final Fantasy X just plan sucked... So many times in that game I was just holding the controller and watching the animation sequences... which held not interest to me... the story was not at all engaging...

It was FFX and Metal Gear Solid 2 (another lame game) that made me realize that I had no interest in console gaming any longer... the AI was to easy to fool... Since giving my PS2 to a friend for a large bag of green I have been playing online player versus player games exclusively... first star wars galaxies and now guild wars... I haven't had a chance to play XI the online game but from what I understand there isn't any real pvp in that game... and with XII on the horizon I really cant say what I am going to do...

The Final Fantasy series has afforded me years of gaming pleasure... but FFX really made me tune out... that game blew... I want to keep on living in a fantastic world full of dragoons and chocobos but I want to PLAY in this world rather than watch it...

(I posted this in the General FF forums but I reposted here to see what the fans of FFX think)

Reasons your wrong in that post.

1. You can't spell.
2. The cut scenes were awesome and always held my attention.
3. I couldn't wait for the next cut scene in the game.
4. If you want a game without cut scenes go get a NES console and play those games.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
06-23-2005, 09:04 AM
4. If you want a game without cut scenes go get a NES console and play those games.

heh heh heh, Didn't they have cutscenes, Then again, When I think 'cutscene', I think any mandatory talking :P

Wuggly Blight
06-23-2005, 12:19 PM

Reasons your wrong in that post.

1. You can't spell.
2. The cut scenes were awesome and always held my attention.
3. I couldn't wait for the next cut scene in the game.

Reasons your wrong in that post

2. Just because you like the fmv doesnt make if a law and fact that it is good. a person can still dislike it and be correct
3. Good for you, same as above.

NotQuiteNecessary
06-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Ahem....this game was alright. It did things the other games have done, and it either did them a lot better or a lot worse.

Graphics: Nothing special, when you consider other RPGs with better graphics came out the same year as this (in Japan) and looked better(HACKXENOSAGAHACK). Nothing great, nothing terrible. It just didn't blow my mind like other games in the series have. Score: 7

Sound: Sound effects work well, and the music is like(in my opinion) all of the other music in FF games. One or two mind-blowing songs(IE One Winged Angel, Liberi Fatali, Suteki Da Ne) show up, but the rest is standard fare. Voice acting was a mixed bag. Rikku, Lulu, and Auron were perfect, but Tidus came off as a whiner, Yuna put all the wrong emphasis on the wrong words, Wakka sounded stoned and Seymour sounded like a cross between Winnie the Pooh and Michael Jackson. Kimahri just didn't talk. Score: 8

Gameplay: I loved the sphere grid, but the battles themselves were too turn-based for my taste. I liked the lack of overworld map(unlike most people). I loved some of the mini games (Aeon Battles come to mind), but some of them were annoying(Chocobo Racing). Score: 7

Story: While not the most original, many of the recurring themes worked extremely well. Score: 8

Characters: Interesting, or at least most of them were. Character development goes on in droves... but Tidus is a wanker so I can't give it full marks. Score: 9

Big D
06-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Characters: Interesting, or at least most of them were. Character development goes on in droves... but Tidus is a wanker so I can't give it full marks. Score: 9But then... you could argue that 'flawed heroes' are more realistic, since not everybody has a perfect personality in real life. Tidus also needs to be considered in light of his circumstances - namely, being flung from his home in the middle of its destruction, and winding up in a hostile and alien environment where everyone thinks he's a weirdo.

NotQuiteNecessary
06-24-2005, 01:26 AM
You could, but like Namco with Baten Kaitos, Square took the 'flawed hero' thing too far. Namco wanted to make a badass out of Kalas and he turned out to be just...an ass. They wanted to have Tidus be a little immature, but instead made him unbearably whiny.

Big D
06-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Good point... but I'd suggest that Tidus' "whininess" adds to the gravity of his eventual decision to selflessly fight for Spira, even when he knows what the cost will be to himself.

NotQuiteNecessary
06-24-2005, 03:53 AM
That just seemed out of character to me.

cloudrox619
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
you ask if your the only one who doesn't like ff10? I think you are...