PDA

View Full Version : North American release date confirmed to also be on Sept 14th.

Loony BoB
05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/12/news_6124327.html

Looks like Gamespot is the only place to notice this magazine's information so far, but if it's true, then you'll be seeing FFVII:AC on the same date as those in Japan. If I get any further sites backing up this claim, I'll let you know. And if so, hooray?

EDIT: Slashdot (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/13/0445257&from=rss) are backing Gamespot to be giving solid information. Hooray indeed.

EDIT: IGN (http://psp.ign.com/articles/612/612434p1.html) confirms it.

Vyk
05-13-2005, 09:43 AM
About time. Well... this thread will now explode (with posts). (Or later... whenever everyone wakes up and lopes over to their computers and loads up EoFF)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2005, 09:53 AM
I figured they'd pull a simultaneous release. Good stuff.

Loony BoB
05-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that just leaves us Europeans and Antipodeans and the like waiting for news on the PAL format.

Shoden
05-13-2005, 04:06 PM
omg! so thats what they were doing all this time wow i'll just get an imported copy

Flying Mullet
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Commence creaming your pants fanboys.

Destai
05-13-2005, 04:34 PM
*creams*

Shoden
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
thanks for the permission mullet

*creams himself better than Destai* oh god ive been waiting donkeys for it and this is great! i know what i want for my bday then Uk 28/11 Us 11/28 with all that money i may get (they better cough it up for my sake) ill order a copy online

Flying Mullet
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I have a feeling that it will fail miserably.

Not that the movie won't be good, but because fans have had 7+ years to imagine what happened after the game I don't think that the movie can live up to all of these expectations.

Chibi Angel
05-13-2005, 09:21 PM
I really don't have any expectations about what happened after the game so it's not gonna bohter me any I can't wait to see it.

ZuZu
05-13-2005, 09:35 PM
It's about time! My friend afraids that I will explode before the movie comes out. *Too exited* :excited:

KoShiatar
05-13-2005, 09:39 PM
[starts playing FFVII like mad]
edited because of those stupid brackets...

Vyk
05-13-2005, 09:44 PM
A lot of people interpretted the ending as the end of the world. Or rather the end of humanity (or just humans). So those people's perception should have a clean slate now that they know they were wrong. I really don't know how they got that impression anyway. The lifestream and/or holy was summoned/used specifically to protect mankind. It was attempting to do just that. I could understand Midgar getting wrecked. But with the Red XIII epilogue they showed at least some life made it. Red was on the ship with everyone else. So naturally they had to survive with him >_> But this is kinda off topic. Sorry

Big D
05-14-2005, 12:11 AM
:hyper: Well, this certainly is pleasant news.
I'll be hoping for a PAL release at the same time, or as near as possible to the same time. Right before my 22nd birthday, too!

Necronopticous
05-14-2005, 12:15 AM
I need a fresh pair of boxers.

eestlinc
05-14-2005, 01:51 AM
hopefully I can get it on netflix or something.

Raven Nox
05-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Wow. Awesome. I wasn't excepting them to do that. Well, whatever, as long as I don't have to wait longer then I need to! I wonder when they'll release the english voice actor list, I wanna know wohs playing them really bad... I normally watch english dubs, so yeah, it's important to me. I'll definitly watch the japanese though! :spin: I'm a girl, so I'm not creaming anything.

Rostum
05-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Hopefully PAL get a special edition too. I will buy that.

Mercen-X
05-14-2005, 07:28 AM
A lot of people interpretted the ending as the end of the world. Or rather the end of humanity (or just humans). So those people's perception should have a clean slate now that they know they were wrong. I really don't know how they got that impression anyway.
The epilogue is supposed to take place 50-500 years after the events of FF7. The movie is only 2 years later. A lot could happen in 50 years, let alone if it was 500.

Big D
05-14-2005, 07:31 AM
The epilogue is supposed to take place 50-500 years after the events of FF7. The movie is only 2 years later. A lot could happen in 50 years, let alone if it was 500.It's definitely 500, not 50. Says so on the screen. And it's not "500 years in Red XIII time" either, it's just 500 plain old years:cool:

BackRoomKid
05-14-2005, 07:31 AM
i think i'll celebrate this weekend...yea, sleep in and wait for the realease...lol

Vyk
05-14-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm not saying the world doesn't eventually end o.O; Just that FF7's ending wasn't armageddon. Or else AC wouldn't even happen.

Armisael
05-14-2005, 12:23 PM
^_^!

amratis
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
*dies of happiness, falls over, the end*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 02:37 PM
The lifestream and/or holy was summoned/used specifically to protect mankind. It was attempting to do just that.No, Holy's purpose was to protect the Planet, not mankind, and Bugenhagen explicitly stated that if Holy decided that mankind was a threat to the Planet, it would do away with it. So, it was natural for people to suspect that Holy did just that at the end of the game.

Sephiroths Clone
05-14-2005, 05:21 PM
:hyper: Oh man i cant believe it. I cant wait til September 14 now. so excited. :love:

Shoden
05-14-2005, 05:58 PM
im saving up already! thank god for foreign Shipping!

Croyles
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I wish PAL wasnt always friggin last!

The lifestream and/or holy was summoned/used specifically to protect mankind. It was attempting to do just that.No, Holy's purpose was to protect the Planet, not mankind, and Bugenhagen explicitly stated that if Holy decided that mankind was a threat to the Planet, it would do away with it. So, it was natural for people to suspect that Holy did just that at the end of the game.

Yeah exactly. Also, the star-scar syndrome or Geostigma in FF7:AC is apparently the lifestreams/holys work because even though midgar is destroyed, humans are still messing up the planet. Or so i read from a few different sources. Something along those lines anyway.

Anyway, were straying off subject here.

Big D
05-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Planet Scar could just be a side-effect of the Lifestream being depleted during the battle against Meteor. Life diminishes when the Lifestream is taken away, as shown by the barren wasteland surrounding Midgar and the damaged, monstrous animals which increased when Mako became widespread. But that's probably a discussion for another thread, since this one is dedicated to jubilation at the news of AC finally getting a release date after years of dithering.

XxSephirothxX
05-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Yayness. Now I don't have to wait an entire year to get my hands on it. I just hope it doesn't suck.

Sefie1999AD
05-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Yes, but I think Lifestream's purpose was to not only help Holy destroy the Meteor but also to make sure Holy won't kill humanity. After all, Aeris was in the Lifestream, and so were many humans. Which brings another explanation: humans were a part of the Lifestream and a part of the Planet, while Jenova wasn't, so with that logic, Lifestream should only destroy things not born from the Planet, such as Jenova.

A simultaneous release is good to hear, but that news doesn't really have too much impact for us Europeans since there's nothing said about the PAL release, though I'm not surprised about that, really. But since an English release is in about 4 months, has it been announced yet if Square will do an English dubbing and who's going to be voice acting the characters? I'm fine with the original Japanese version and subtitles (I'll use subtitles anyway since it won't be dubbed in Finnish anyway. :p), though many people would like an English version as well.

Squall of SeeD
05-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Sephiroth1999AD, there's actually news now that Europe should receive the film on both DVD and UMD by the end of the year:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59067

Shoden
05-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Humankind is part of the planet Holy was meant to protect the planet itself not spawn of the planet but Holy wasnt strong enough so Meteor Breached then came lifestream which destroyed Holy and meteor

Holy became corrupted and gave way

Squall of SeeD
05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Humankind is part of the planet Holy was meant to protect the planet itself not spawn of the planet but Holy wasnt strong enough so Meteor Breached then came lifestream which destroyed Holy and meteor

Holy became corrupted and gave way

Holy's color did change and it did open, yes, but the Lifestream converged beneath where Holy had been breached. That flash of light that is subsequently witnessed is the color of Holy and it emenates from the center of Holy (where Meteor was passing through). That would suggest that the Lifestream added more power to Holy and allowed it to negate Meteor.

Shoden
05-15-2005, 08:20 PM
yes thats another theory but i would have thought it pushed holy aside and killed both meteor and Holy, it may seem obvious but the ammount of Hypothesisis on this are so great with many sounding true only Square Enix know

YukiKiro
05-15-2005, 11:19 PM
wait a second, it was saposed to be reliesed in march. why the huge back up for both the american and japanese (and other countries) versions? that the hell is the hold up?

Big D
05-16-2005, 01:21 AM
wait a second, it was saposed to be reliesed in march. why the huge back up for both the american and japanese (and other countries) versions? that the hell is the hold up?That was one of the old 'estimated release dates', the kind that is heavily subject to change. Estimates often prove to be wrong. March was never confirmed as the definite release date.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2005, 06:23 AM
This is certainly good news. While FFVII isn't my favorite, it's a rather good game and I'll have to put some money aside for this. The animation looks stupendous, and I'm interested to see how it plays out. I hope they have the subtitle option.

Camanche
05-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Finally. I hope that this does not change.

amratis
05-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Do you think a new thread should be made for the news about it being released in Europe by the end of 2005? I would make it but I'm not sure if anyone would post in it. xD

Riddle Master
05-17-2005, 04:58 AM
I cannot wait to bask in the scrumtralescent glory that shall be this film.

DMKA
05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm going to die waiting for that date to arrive.

Kage
05-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Good, better late than never. Inspite of all the info leaks and rampant presumptions, I've had un-answered questions for about the last 8 years. Hopefully this will prove enlightening...

Big D
05-19-2005, 04:15 AM
News just in: (http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/article/116790)

AC is getting released in the US shortly after the September 14 Japanese release, not simultaneously as reported earlier.

Also, it seems that the PSP UMD release is going to be sometime later still, since a date has not yet been confirmed for that format.

BackRoomKid
05-19-2005, 06:33 AM
EDIT:
nevermind..looks like this is true...this is from www.square-enix.com

LOS ANGELES, California –May 15, 2005– Square Enix, Inc. (Square Enix) the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the release date of the highly-anticipated, feature-length CG film, FINAL FANTASY(R) VII ADVENT CHILDREN(TM)(ADVENT CHILDREN). ADVENT CHILDREN will be released on September 14, 2005, in Japan, followed closely by a North American release.

but never found anything about a SPECIFIC date but seeing how a lot of official sites are confirming these dates...i doubt it'll be a long wait.

ANOTHER EDIT!!!
ok...looks like the september release date is a definete...the official english site says 117 days...in september something....don't feel like doing math

Chibi Angel
05-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I love the timer thing they've got going on the website 116 days 12 hours 2 minutes and 2 seconds and counting.

Shoden
05-19-2005, 06:31 PM
lol its going to be a huge wait when it finally comes out we should have a partay

Dking'squeen
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
OMG HOLY ZEN!!!!!! AND YAY!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!*About to go and find something to drink*

JAS4Yeshua
05-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Forgive my skepticism here, but it does say that it will be released in the US "shortly after" September 14. Shortly can be a VERY subjective term. All I can say is I do hope it is out before the Christmas season. I would love to get my hands on it this year.

Shoden
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
i thought 14th September was definate

Chibi Angel
05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
It is deffinate. If you go to the American official Ac website they have a timer going counting down the exact days/hours/minutes/seconds till the release. I'd say that's pretty deffinate.

JAS4Yeshua
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Gamespot Article (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/preview_6124972.html)

According to the article, the release date was posted as September 14, but Square-Enix is still in negotiations with Sony for the release outside of Japan, but should be close to the September 14th date.

-N-
05-21-2005, 06:08 AM
This is gonna turn out like the hotly anticipated sequel to The Matrix: unnecessary.

But I guess I'll be a big fanboy and get all excited about it anyways. :)

fadingdreams
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know if they have set a release date for Australia?

BackRoomKid
06-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Australia will probably get it after Europe gets it (and I believe Europe is getting it early 2006) so for sure it's a 2006 release for Australia

do the Aussie's have PSP's yet?

Big D
06-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Europe's supposed to get it "definitely before the end of the year", according to E3 news...

fadingdreams
06-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah we have psp's here in aust, im thinking about getting one soon