PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears FMV confusion (spoilers)

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm replaying this game and I noticed something. I don't know if I'm missing something, but there is that FMV where it shows Fei's past. You see little kid Fei sitting in a desert all by himself, crying. Some bald men walk past him and he chases them saying "Wait, don't leave me here. Wait." The he sits down and a woman with a cross around her neck looks at him saying "You must be loney here".

What is up with this FMV? I don't understand it. I'm guessing that woman is the Elly who knew Lacan (the founder of the Nissan religion). Can somebody clearify this for me?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't remember that one too well. I think one of the guys in cloaks was Khan going to do his job at Shevat and the lady with the cross was Karen, but again, I dunno.

Vyk
05-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Lakan knew Sophia. She only looked like Elly. And I think that memory was more of a dream from the interpretaion I made when I first played. And I think the woman was Miang. Though it might have been Karen already posessed by Miang. But I'm pretty sure that cross necklace was always there to somehow singal the darker parts of people and/or their personalities. And Miang and Id were Karen and Fei's darker sides. Granted Miang posessed people and wasn't merely an alternate personality. But really I'm sure you can interpret the whole thing as you wish. During my second play through I got the impression they purposely made the plot "too" deep and confusing to completely understand so that a lot would be open to interpretation. Or it was just bad dubbing that turned out that way. Either way I think it's great. Considering it's religious under/overtones it's a lot like the Bible in that manner. Interpretation.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Elehayym--Elly--was the name of the original, back in the era of Abel, so it's acceptable as a general term. Referring to Sophia as "the Elly who knew Lacan" is appropriate enough.

Vyk
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Ah, the originals were only showed like briefly. I didn't think their names were mentioned. Sophia and Lakan were the ones they focused on most for some reason

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I think somebody needs to translate the Perfect Works Xenogears book to english. I bet I'd find out more in that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd say prettymuch all of Perfect Works--all the worthwhile parts, and at least a couple of the non-worthwhile parts, like which fragrance is associated with some of the male cast--has been translated at one point or another.

edczxcvbnm
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
www.the-ethos.org ...not sure if they are back yet but they are working on that and Xenosaga ODM.

As for the scene, I can't remember it all that well anymore at all.

DocFrance
05-13-2005, 11:11 PM
That scene is supposed to be an ultra-huge 10,000 year flashback to right after the crash of the Eldridge. The little boy, Abel - technically not Fei - is all alone on an alien planet. The people walking by him are the Gazel Ministry - I counted them, and there are 12. Then Elly, the -Anti-Type- approaches him as the recreation of his mother.

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Doc just cleared it up for me. Thanks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Ah. I would have known if I'd remembered that there were that many guys in cloaks. I only remembered there being like two or three.

Vyk
05-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, the avatars were waaay similar x_x; I didn't realize there was a ton of them until pretty far into the game. But why would Elly be his mother in that generation? I thought they always ended up about the same age. And most likely always ended up in love.

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm guessing that woman was the Miang that came out of the Eldridge after it crashed, and was shown in the begining FMV of the game itself.

I really wanna play this game now.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting this, but you know that large computer orb that had those weird looking bald guys on the screens, they apperently put their lives in Data form and put themselves in it to stay alive for years. Are those the Gazel Ministry dudes?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes. The huge computer orb is called the SOL 9000, and it's housed in the Ezekiel, that big black "fishbowl-shaped thing."

DocFrance
05-14-2005, 06:04 PM
When the Deus system crashed on the planet, it ordered Kadmony to create Miang Hawwa, the -Mother-, who would lead the way to recreating the body of Deus. Miang bore Cain and the Gazel Ministry. The Gazel would would be the progenitors of the new human race, and Cain would be their leader.

However, the Wave Entity, trapped inside the Zohar Modifier, saw an opportunity to prevent the rebirth of Deus and to escape its prison when it came in conact with Abel. For whatever reason, the Wave Entity created Elehayym, the -Anti-Type- in the image of Abel's mother, who he longed for. The Wave Entity also imbued Abel with the infinite power of the Zohar, so that together, Abel and Elehayym would be able to stop Deus from being reborn and release the Wave Entity.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 06:20 PM
The Mother that Kadamony created wasn't just Miang. It split into Miang and Elehayym after giving birth to Cain and the Gazel Ministry.

Destai
05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh I fucking hate Europe.

CloudDragon
05-16-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah, It was under my impression that the boy was actually Abel, the cloaked men were the Gazel Ministry, and the woman resembling Elly was the original Mother bending over to tend to Abel.

Erdrick Holmes
05-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Wow, I got the image of Elly bending over in my head now. Thanks.