PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game and Why.

Sploddess
05-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Whats your favorite game and why?

DMKA
05-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Final Fantasy VII because it's Final Fantasy VII.

Behold the Void
05-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Xenogears because of the story, Final Fantasy Tactics because of the gameplay and the story, Zone of the Enders 2: the Second Runner because of the gameplay and the (incredibly short :cry: ) story.

rubah
05-14-2005, 02:18 AM
hmm, so many ways to answer that question.

I am fond of ff8 the VIDEO game,
I am fond of ERS the CARD game,
I am fond of CARPET WORM, the run around like an idiot game.

Jebus
05-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Suikoden II because of the story and the characters. Plus it's just a well crafted RPG overall.

Rase
05-14-2005, 02:36 AM
At the moment, Super Metroid.

black orb
05-14-2005, 02:39 AM
>>> FF1 because it was my first RPG..

Sepho
05-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Super Metroid, because it's so damn fun.

HybridFan
05-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I have bought San Andreas off my mate, I have never played a GTA game before but wow what a quality game. You can do practically anything in it. You have to eat and you can date girlfriends and the map is massive. I'm surprised how they fit it on one DVD. I do like any Final Fantasy game as well but not X-2 as there are no summons :cry:

Xander
05-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Toejam and Earl II: Panic on Funkotron because it's unique, original, fun, it has mini games, no bosses (woot) but can be challenging towards the end, has an interesting story, cool characters, a nice sidequest, secret areas, and very replayable.

Chris
05-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Final Fantasy VII (for the reasons DMKA pointed out). :D
Streets of Rage 2 (Do I really need to say why?).

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 02:08 PM
FF7 because its the best

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. The charracters kicked ass, the story was extreamly well crafted, best video game soundtrack I ever heard in my life, and the gameplay was just perfect.

Close second would probably be Phantasy Star IV or Xenogears.

Destai
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Final fantasy VII because it wa smy first Final Fantasy and RPG.

Shoeberto
05-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll make this "games" because it's hard for me to choose one.

Zelda: A Link to the Past - c'mon now, this shouldn't need explaining.
Half-Life 2 - Great story, gameplay, graphics, and atmosphere. Blows me away anytime I play it.
Xenogears - Wonderful gameplay and a story that draws you in.
Final Fantasy 7 - my first FF, never really got over it.
Counter-Strike - My addiction.

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. The charracters kicked ass, the story was extreamly well crafted, best video game soundtrack I ever heard in my life, and the gameplay was just perfect.

oh yer
This game is one of my fav games as well
Everythings so great about it
Except for the soundtrack

Pure Strife
05-14-2005, 06:54 PM

And Resident Evil 4, because it's all I hoped for and more <3

GooeyToast
05-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Well, for me choosing a favorite is just like choosing what to wear in the morning: you're never really sure.

But, some of my favs are:

FF7 (the first TRUE rpg i ever beat, and cause it's unrivaled)

FF6/FF9 (I can't pick a favorite between the two, but both have outstanding music, characters, and enviornments)

Chrono Trigger (just about the most fun i've had with an rpg)

Castlevania SOTN (incredible music (and i mean INCREDIBLE), sweet main character, amazing enviornments, super-tight controls, awesome manuevers, and just an overall INCREDIBLY ADDICTIVE game)

KuRt
05-14-2005, 08:48 PM
World of Warcraft sharing the first place with minish cap.

They both just rule. WoW ownzz all MMORPGs and minish cap all GBA games.

Erdrick Holmes
05-14-2005, 08:56 PM
We need more people to play Xenogears. I guarantee some of you'd change your answer.

Odaisé Gaelach
05-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Wip3out.

Because of the beauty of the courses. The feeling of handling the racers like immersing your fingertips in mercury. Rushing around the bends to the sound of the sparkling Xpander Edit and the rest of the soundtrack. The sheer exhiliration of flying off the ramp at P-Mar Project and pulling the controls back just right to float like a leaf down again onto the track...

Old Manus
05-14-2005, 09:33 PM
At the moment, Star Wars: Battlefront. I just really go for this kind of game, because the old you-are-sent-on-a-one-man-mission-and-are-basically-invincible standby gets annoying. There is a real sense of teamwork and you really get to feel how it is like being one of the average grunts (which admittedly kicks ass). It is all gameplay, to hell with cutting edge graphics (though the graphics are sensational), and there is none of the "Take-the-grenade-out-of-the-bag-pull-the-clip BS.

Also, come on, It's friggin Star Wars.

Lord Chainsaw
05-14-2005, 09:43 PM
My favorite game as of the moment is Final Fantasy VII. The plot isn't the greatest out there, the characters aren't the most fleshed out, but it is a preference of mine for the type of story displayed by this game.

Not to be confused with the best game I've ever played, which is probably Actraiser.

Amarant Odinson
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
The Legacy of Kain Series. This series has one of the best stories, the music is perfect for a game of this type and the voice acting is incredible.

ffx_freak12
05-15-2005, 05:46 PM
ffx becuase it had a kool story and battle system

kikimm
05-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I can't choose between Final Fantasy VIII and Drakengard. I think it's sort of funny that they're both not very "popular" games. Anyways.

FFVIII, because of the story and the characters. I know some people believe that the characters, besides Squall and Rinoa, weren't fleshed-out, or well-done at all, but I would have to disagree. I love the characters (specifically Zell, Irvine, Squall, Seifer, and Rinoa) and for that to be possible, you have to know them. The story is also beautiful, with the first disc being genius. I love it. :)

And Drakengard I love for exactly the same reasons. The story is so original, disturbing, and dark---everything I look for in the perfect game. It's so engaging. The music is excellent as well, and I could use the same words I used for the story to describe it. The characters are also wonderful, and some of my favorite. Ever.

And there's a short, but good explanation.

:D

XxSephirothxX
05-15-2005, 09:37 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, because it is, in my mind, the greatest videogame ever made. Ever.

Mercen-X
05-15-2005, 10:24 PM
The first RPG I ever played (that I knew was an RPG) was Crystalis. I wish I could still play, but I don't have a system for it.

MJN SEIFER
05-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Final Fantasy - Because the story's are excelent
Pokemon - Because it's a popular thing show, cards etc
Ham Ham Haertbreak - Because it's about my favorite show that I have liked since I was FIVE!

That's all I can thik of now

DMKA
05-16-2005, 11:54 AM

And Resident Evil 4, because it's all I hoped for and more <3
Ditto. :love:

Project G
05-16-2005, 12:14 PM
An online game called Franks Adventure. It's great

Sploddess
05-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I'd have to say my favorites would be.

PAC-MAN: It was the best addictive Atari game ever. I know I'm old well my mum's old and rubbed off on me lol.

Sims 2: Because its a cool game but also because they have cheesey little name like "Woohoo".

Final Fantasy: The whole series because it's just awesome.

Halo and Halo 2: Thanks to my bf, and the fact that it was the first FPS that I ever played an loved.

An beat up on Trev: It counts I made it one day when I was bored and frustrated with my brother thats what I get for having a 1 yr old around the house. It's a very cute lil game too amazingly.