PDA

View Full Version : Battle Hunter

Xalioniaf
05-15-2005, 03:21 AM
This game...is awesome. It's a late PS1 game(released in 2001, methinks). It is a tactical rpg similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, except that instead of confusing stats you only have five. You also have cards. These cards give you attack, defense, or movement bonuses, or may let you lay traps on the field. Battles are initiated in attacker-then-defender thingy, kinda like Fire Emblem. The story is that the humans are building a city above the ruins of the old earth before some war that lasted a long time. They need some stuff from the old cities, and need people called "Battle Hunters" to go retrieve them. You don't recieve any experience. Just a crapload of money. You use the money to level up and heal yourself. You heal yourself because if you die, then you get warped to a different part of the map and get your maximum hp halved. I think that this is where I got my love for Red Mages. There's a character that you can be that looks like a red mage. And, it has multitap support. Or, you can pass around one or two controllers amoung 4 people. So, that's it. I don't wanna type too much, since my computer will shut down then. So...

Rundown:
Name: Battle Hunter
System: PS1
Type: Tactical Card Battle RPG?
Players: 1-4 Multitap
Online?: Uhh...no?