PDA

View Full Version : >> Thoughts on Threads of Fate..

black orb
05-15-2005, 06:58 AM
>>> Im playing this game now, and I dont know what to really think about it, its like a game for little childrens and the plot seems quite simple, but it is fun to play and the game have really nice graphics and music...

For some reason I felt like playing Mystic Quest again.
BTW, Im one of those weird persons who really liked Mystic Quest.

So anybody else got any thoughts on this game?, besides: "its crap and the worst game ever"

My name is...something..?
05-15-2005, 07:06 AM
I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't the best game ever and the story wasn't that great, but it was fun and that's all that mattered.

Mercen-X
05-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't the best game ever and the story wasn't that great, but it was fun and that's all that mattered.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2005, 02:04 PM
I like the comedic touches to the plot, the brightly-colored art design, and the big-eyed expressive character designs. I haven't gotten too far into it, though, and I haven't played it in a long time. I really should get on that.

Stranger
06-05-2005, 12:18 AM
thread of fate was great

BG-57
06-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Never played Threads of Fate, but I like Mystic Quest too. :D

Sepho
06-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I'm another Mystic Quest fan.

Threads of Fate is just another title in the huge list of Square PS1 games that I eventually want to purchase and play. I hear mostly good things about it, and my current generation games just aren't doing it for me anymore. I need some SNES/PS1-era magic, I think.

Are these comedic touches I hear mentioned akin to Musashi-style jokes, or is it just standard anime stuff?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-06-2005, 01:53 AM
What's the difference?

Necronopticous
06-06-2005, 02:05 AM
I really enjoyed Threads of Fate and I think it was a nice break from the traditional Square games all abound at the time when it came out; not to say a break was needed among such fine titles.

I got obsessed with this game the first time I played it on the Squaresoft 2000 Collector's CD vol. 3 and bought it shortly after. Although I enjoyed the game I still haven't beaten it with both characters and I don't think I ever had quite as much fun as I did the first time I played that damn demo. I wouldn't go so far to say it was as enjoyable as Brave Fencer Musashi, and I wouldn't say it was quite as funny as Brave Fencer Musashi but that's not to say it wasn't an enjoyable and funny game. It does seem to have an innocent and childish theme although some of the segments of the game were too difficult for me to say it was a kid's game.

If you haven't played Threads of Fate I would suggest giving it a try, assuming you can still manage to get your hands on a copy. If you have played it, which character did you play? Both? Which did you like better?

I played through Mint's story because she was cute and a total asshole. Plus I like weapons that are in the shape of a circle.

WarZidane
06-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I liked Threads of Fate, it had a fun gameplay, though the story wasn't all that, no. :p
And i played through the male character's story, and about half of Mint's story. (Forgot the name of the male character.)

Jessweeee♪
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
hmm...i love this game...too bad the topic died.

This is my favorite game. This and FFVIII. I thought Rues story is weird...
Also i think that calling someone "(expletive) bastard" isn't an E rating. you'd think they'd get on the game for violence too.

Tama2
08-01-2005, 06:48 PM
That game was pretty fun.

Mirage
08-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I played through one of the storylines, but I can't remember which :P. IT was fun, and the graphics were good for a Playstation game.

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2005, 11:57 PM
after i beat it with both characters the first time I went crazy and beat it 50 times with each character...I wouldn't play any other games until i got some new ones.

I have never been so addicted to any other RPG

DMKA
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
By far the worst Square game I ever played. I think it took me all of 5 hours to complete with both characters. It was just terrible.

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
yes it was waaaay to easy and too short. but i liked it