PDA

View Full Version : Shadow WISHES he was as mysterious as Siegfried...

OneBorneofaDragon
05-15-2005, 07:09 AM
:mog: :mog: So whats the story with Siegfried anyway? You run into him and his imitator a few times in the game... but there never really is that much of a resolution concerning him...

In that aspect he has a great deal in common with Gogo... interesting character but seemingly without much to do with the story... Which is very suspicious as the FF series is usual very focused on wrapping up loose ends...

LOTS of loose ends in FFVI... Supposedly more scenes are in the game concerning Clyde aka Shadow than the five tavern dream sequences... and Shadow confirms that Relm is his daughter in the ending... but has anyone ever seen any more of Siegfried?

TheAbominatrix
05-15-2005, 07:15 AM
There are only five dreams for Shadow. There's enough evidence linking Shadow to Relm in them, the Momento Ring, and the actions of Interceptor. He never actually confirms it, however.

As for the rest, I dunno. I'm sure Kishi does, he'll answer once he's done... eh, I wont say it.

OneBorneofaDragon
05-15-2005, 08:27 AM
:mog: :mog: Shadow does confirm Relms his daughter... If he is in your party right before the fight with Kefka when Kefka asks what is worth living for he says 'the love of a daughter' or something to that effect...

TheAbominatrix
05-15-2005, 08:37 AM
No, he says "I know what friendship is... and family." that doesnt confirm that Relm is his daughter in the least.

OneBorneofaDragon
05-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh come on... what family you think he is talking about? Mama's Family?
:mog: :mog:

TheAbominatrix
05-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Confirmation is saying "Relm is my daughter." or "I am Relm's father." His words allude to it, they do not confirm it.

theundeadhero
05-15-2005, 12:41 PM
If your saying Sigfried is Gogo than no, there isn't a chance. There isn't much on the story of Sigfried because he's supposed to be mysterious and legendary. There is a 6th dream sequence if you leave Shadow to die at the floating continent. After finding Relm in the WOR she will have a dream. It's only possible to see 5 in each playthrough though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Shadow has five dreams. Relm has one.

Siegfried is the result of an unfinished subplot. He was supposed to be the successor to FFV's Gilgamesh by filling in the game's "villain you fight many times but turns out to be not so bad after all" role, but the developers just didn't go through with it and ended up putting Orthros in that position instead. This is why Orthros and Siegfried seem to know each other.

Gogo, however, is supposed to be a mystery. Not a mystery with clues pointing towards a solution, either--just a mystery for mystery's sake.

Ultima Shadow
05-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Siegfried is Umaros mother. :freak:

Armisael
05-15-2005, 07:05 PM
I was reading this.. http://www.square-x.com/news/128
Quite interesting!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-15-2005, 10:33 PM
That page is overflowing with misinformation.

Dignified Pauper
05-15-2005, 10:36 PM
The real siegfried trains white tigers at the collisseum

TheAbominatrix
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Ah, yes, the old 'hidden scene' bs. Not true. That game has been hacked six ways to Sunday, there is no hidden scene viewable with only Setzer and Gogo.

It would be neat if Gogo was Daryl, but the only evidence pointing to that direction is that Daryl's wreck was found 'in a distant land' and her body was never recovered.

nik0tine
05-16-2005, 05:30 AM
The real siegfried trains white tigers at the collisseum

eestlinc
05-16-2005, 05:39 AM
he exists to give you the very rare and very valuable tintinabar!

theundeadhero
05-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Very rare, but not unique. You can get one at the Empire during the meeting.

Sasquatch
05-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Or in Mobliz, by sending packages and letters for the wounded soldier.

Riddle Master
05-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Who was Sigfried again? It's been so long since I've played VI.

TheAbominatrix
05-17-2005, 04:50 AM
This guy. You continually run into him throughout the game.

Shadow_Wolf 6354
05-17-2005, 05:10 AM
whos this shadow bloke?

:shoot:

TheAbominatrix
05-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Play the game.

abrojtm
05-17-2005, 05:35 AM
OMG ?!!? GOGO is dARayl?! wtf?!!!!!

ADLAI!!!!!!!!!!!(one)

Classic Axe
05-17-2005, 07:40 AM
I spent so many hours trying to figure out the Siegried mystery. That was before I figured out that sometimes programmers just leave stuff out. I found that out the hard way; endlessly searching for Schala in CT.
Siegried is a humorous character. I remember the first time I played. 'Out of nowhere' characters and stuff like that was one of the defining features of 6. It still bugged me when you couldn't figure out his backstory (or what was in those chests he plundered). Someone else is pretending to be me....don't be fooled.