Chris
05-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Let's get it all out - which consol (of recent times) is the best:

- Playststion 2
- XboX
- Nintendo Gamecube

Which consol is the best?
Which consol has the best games?
Which consol has the widest range of games?

Dr.K
05-15-2005, 12:37 PM
This was by no means easy. I really wanted to go for PS2, especially with the backwards compatability (well, for games anyway :rolleyes2) but Gamecube just clinches it for me personally. Easier to transport as well.

KuRt
05-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Maybe easier than the normal version of ps2 but i have the thin model :D

Well, ps2 i think-.

Chris
05-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Gamecube does it for me, because: without Nintendo, no Zelda!!!!!!!! :banme

Monol
05-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Gamecube does it for me, because: without Nintendo, no Zelda!!!!!!!! :banme

The horror!! *loves zelda*

Widest amount of games? That goes to Ps2...its gotta little bit of everything

My favorite would be gamecube though...for every original product they have the makers go all out with the most crucial detail...its amazing

Most popular right now is *shudders* X box though...*sigh*

Chris
05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Gamecube definitely wins the originality test. :love:

*Throws a Pikmin*

Dreddz
05-15-2005, 01:20 PM
PS2 all the way

Meat Puppet
05-15-2005, 01:34 PM
other

Chris
05-15-2005, 01:36 PM
other
Careful or I'll kill you with my Pikmin. >=O

Destai
05-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Which consol is the best? The one with the best games.
Which consol has the best games? Playstation 2
Which consol has the widest range of games? Playstation 2
Which consol is the best?X Box : p

omnitarian
05-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Hooray for Gamecube. :p

KuRt
05-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Now this "showdown" isnīt complete. it misses: Nes, SNes, Dreamcast, PS etc..

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Which consol is the best? Dreamcast
Which consol has the best games? Dreamcast
Which consol has the widest range of games? Dreamcast
Which consol is the best? Dreamcast

Chris
05-15-2005, 04:16 PM
...guys I said of recent times. :mad:

KuRt
05-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh come on! dreamcast IS recent times! itīs only 6 years old!

Xalioniaf
05-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, this is kind of hard. In fact, I won't vote. I'll just provide some opinions and facts. First off, the Gamecube could indeed have had the best graphics out of all three, as it devotes itself mostly to gaming. But, using those midget disks is kinda a bummer on the graphics. The X-Box has the best graphics now, since it has a harddrive to kinda handle some of it. Also, you can save on the harddrive, and get mods for it to turn your X-Box into a media center. And, the PS2...well, if you have a fat one with a hard drive, I think you can get mods as well. ANd not just a region-decoder crap. SO, there's what I think are advantages to the systems. I have a PS2 and a Gamecube, since I like to play online with my PS2, and play some awesome first-party games on the Gamecube.

Del Murder
05-15-2005, 05:45 PM
I was once Nintendo loyal but Square turned me to the dark side. Actually, Microsoft is probably the dark side, so Square turned me to the neutral side.

Dreddz
05-15-2005, 06:39 PM
To me it all boils down to the games.
Graphics dont really matter
And PS2 definatly have the best choice

Erdrick Holmes
05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Then more recent. XBopx, because they're the lesser evil of Sony Vs Microsoft.

Gnostic Yevon
05-15-2005, 07:51 PM

Overall, ps2. While xbox has better graphics, it has fewer good games.

Which consol has the best games?
PS2 has a greater variety of games good games, largely due to simply having more developers on board. Ps2 has Rachet & Clank, JAk & Daxter, Suikoden, FF, and GTA. None of those would be hands down better any other game ever made, but taken as a whole I can get 4-5 excellent ps2 games at any time.

Xbox has a few games that have been extremely good -- Ninja Gaiden, Halo (1 & 2), and a few others along those lines. There aren't a lot of them, but those few there are close to perfection (KOTOR, Halo (1&2), Splinter Cell, etc).

Eveen though the "great games" of Xbox are marginally better than the games available on ps2, I'd give the catagory to the ps2, because there are simply more great games for ps2 than for xbox.

Which consol has the widest range of games?

Well including the backward compatability, this definately goes to the ps2. You can play any game from ps1 with the ps2, plus all the great stuff on ps2.

Graphically, I'd give a slight nod to xbox. The games look far better on the xbox, especially ports.

Most Original Lineup

I have to give a bit of credit to Game Cube for having more original concepts for their games. Donkey Kong platformers controled by bongo drums is original. Pikmin is pretty original. Wario Ware is about as original as they come.

Deaths_Hand
05-15-2005, 11:59 PM
i had so many problems with my ps2, i sold it and bought an xbox, havent had any problems with it, so i voted for xbox. Ive never played a GC so i had nothing to base a vote for that on.