PDA

View Full Version : I have lost all faith in public transport

Brian The Pink Shark
05-15-2005, 06:10 PM
For the third time i have lost faith i buses

1st time it was becase a bus drove right past the bus stop i was at at 9 pm

2nd time it was because a bus driver wouldnt acept a ten pound note and so i had to walk 5 miles home.

but this time is probably the worst, I was at the bus station with some friends and we were just about to go home, we were saying goodbye to some other friends and just 2 steps from the bus the bus driver just decided that it would be a good time to leave. I am now really angry and fed up with public transport full stop.

So what do you think about public transport, to you like it or do you hate it? :choc:

Jojee
05-15-2005, 06:12 PM
I have to use public transport to get anywhere when I'm schoolin', cos' I don't have a car and it's a college campus. Mostly I walk, actually... ^_^ But if I want to go to the mall or something, it's the bus!

And meh, #1 happened to me before too. I was right at the bus stop waiting and the bus came and then drove right past me ._. So mad! No making jokes about how I was probably too short so the driver didn't see me! :p

Croyles
05-15-2005, 06:15 PM
the EXACT same things happen to me here in bristol, UK, and frankly, ITS GOD DAMN ANNOYING!!! bus drivers are always grumpy and arrogant, god damn bus drivers, they just wish they were taxi drivers.

Xander
05-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I hate buses..they never come on time or the drivers are crap or something. At least around here. And they don't come that often. I was so glad when I could drive myself places.

T-MaN
05-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Yea, bus drivers tend to be annoying. One time, this bus that I was waiting for took over an hour to get here when it was supposed to come every 5 minutes. When I asked the driver why it took so long for him to get here, he responded by saying, " To better accomodate the needs of those who use buses for transport." That really ticked me off. I mean, the only way you bus drivers can accomodate our needs is to be on frigin' time! Why bother doing anything else?Btw, the bus didn't have anything new or special, so what the heck were those drivers doing to be an hour late?

Jojee
05-15-2005, 06:23 PM
He probably mistook you for a kid or a bug or something.

EDIT: And you're short. Oh go stuff it up Psy's arse :p

Mostly the buses in Madison are really reliable ^^ Here, when I come back home during the summer, there are like no buses =| Seriously. There's supposed to be a bus system, somewhere...? Where?

Although not all bus drivers are crap, some are really nice. ^^ There was this realllyyy fine one MMMmmmMMM that I saw one time and I kept staring at him through the mirror, I don't think he saw... ;) That made me happy. Seeing smexy people makes me happy <3

smittenkitten
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
hehe typical Squinn hehe yeah my bro told me what you done to him when you thought it would be nice to walk home than get a bus 10 miles home HAHAHAHA wel done my bro neede the exercise anyway hehe me i hate traviling cause i get sick on a bus i like train's planes though hehe they're fun..xXx....

Strider
05-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes, but have you ever had to walk across Paris because the public transportation decided to close on you?

rubah
05-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Public transport is just about nil here:P
unless you count school busses, which are more like publicly private.

Yamaneko
05-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I live in LA, public transportation is essentially nonexistent here.

Old Manus
05-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Blame Two Jags Prescott.

Jess
05-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't like Public transport, but I still use it to get to places far away. Public transport is really bad over here in the UK. Escpecially the tubes. :mad2:

Blackmageboi
05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
i gave up with it ages ago i bike everywhere now!

Boosk
05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I hate blooming buses! Always late and full of smelly old people! Bah.

Kagga the bus hater

Chris
05-15-2005, 11:02 PM
I have my own limosine. xD

TasteyPies
05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
I ride the bus every day with friends. We always have fun.

crono_logical
05-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Public transport in London is great, both the tube and buses :D Easy to travel long distances for very little, especially if you get a travelcard (buses become free then). :p

2nd time it was because a bus driver wouldnt acept a ten pound note and so i had to walk 5 miles home.

but this time is probably the worst, I was at the bus station with some friends and we were just about to go home, we were saying goodbye to some other friends and just 2 steps from the bus the bus driver just decided that it would be a good time to leave. I am now really angry and fed up with public transport full stop.

So what do you think about public transport, to you like it or do you hate it? :choc:In all three cases, it's your fault :D 1 - You should always signal if you want a bus in case they don't see you. Especially if you're at a request bus stop which means you have to signal to tell them to stop. 2 - I wouldn't expect him to, considering the amount of change he'd have to give you since tickets cost only a fraction of that. Even a fiver might be excessive unless you're getting a day ticket or something. 3 - Your fault for either not making it obvious you wanted that particular bus, or for delaying him too much :p

Rye
05-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I don't like public transport. :/

Shimka
05-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Public Transportation is crap, I hate it, it's either never on time or just plain sucks, but I like Charter buses ( is that considered public? :confused: ) and some air lines. Though overall I'm just glad I have people who are willing to drive me wherever I need to go :p

Shlup
05-16-2005, 12:46 AM
*pokes BoB*

We don't like trains.

Croyles
05-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Public transport in London is great, both the tube and buses :D Easy to travel long distances for very little, especially if you get a travelcard (buses become free then). :p

So what do you think about public transport, to you like it or do you hate it? :choc:In all three cases, it's your fault :D 1 - You should always signal if you want a bus in case they don't see you. Especially if you're at a request bus stop which means you have to signal to tell them to stop. 2 - I wouldn't expect him to, considering the amount of change he'd have to give you since tickets cost only a fraction of that. Even a fiver might be excessive unless you're getting a day ticket or something. 3 - Your fault for either not making it obvious you wanted that particular bus, or for delaying him too much :p

Who said he didnt signal for the bus? I dotn think its his fault. Buses are SUPPOSED to have enough change for at LEAST a tenner. Not making it obvious he wanted that particular bus? Yes only if the bus driver is mentally deranged. they often do these things purposely to irritate you.

The tubes are horrible in London! Prices are ok but the actual tubes and the system is crap. seriously. London Underground has got the most cases of breakdowns, smurf ups etc etc out of any Underground Train systems in the world (there arent that many, i know, but still).

EDIT: Wow, F*C* now changes to SMURF, how cool.

Ashi
05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Hm... I don't know anything about public transport around here. I mean, I see buses but I don't know where all the stops are. Never see those. The buses always look overcrowded, also, not something I want to try with the humidity around here.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
actually i did signal for the bus the bus driver was just being a bastard, after the second time i checked the law and they have to let you on no matter how mush money you've ( so long as you can a fford the ticket) and as for the third time i was yelling at my friends to get on the bus and was just about to walk on to it at the time, so clo_out you are most definetly wrong :choc:

Rostum
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
I catch the train to the city, and catch trams around.

Trams are never on time, but at least it's tolerable and I never late for most things.

I still hate the train - maybe I just hate sitting with people I dont know for an hour. =P