PDA

View Full Version : Farewell sweet Southampton

tomamar04
05-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Southampton - Premiership - 1992-2005 R.I.P

You've had some laughs (Southampton 6-2 Man United), you've had some tears (an hour ago when you got relegated), you've flirted with Europe (Premiership 2003, FA Cup 2003), you've flirted with relegation (Practically every year except 2003), you've had greats (Le Tissier), and some not so great (Ali Dia). But now we say farewell. A 2-1 defeat to Manchester United has sent you back where you belong, to where Brighton, Plymouth, and Cardiff City make their trade...The Championship.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say...WE HOPE YOU NEVER COME BACK!

Skogs
05-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I was sorry to see Crystal Palace go. Not so much for Southhampton, though.

I hope Charlton get relegated next season. They're such Premiership non-entities.

NM
05-16-2005, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't agree with that. Southampton are a decent club. They've been in the top flight for over 25 years so you can hardly say their going back where they belong.

Doc Sark
05-16-2005, 04:51 PM
They might not be going back where they belong, but they're certainly going where they belong.

I loathe Southampton, not as much as I loathe Man Utd, but nearly as much. They are a useless club, that nearly get relegated practically every season. Their chairman is a joke, and the manager is the master of mediocrity, don't even get me started on some of the wastes of oxygen that populate that pitch. Bye bye Southampton, may there be more relegation battles for you ahead.

tomamar04
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
For some reason I've always prefered Portsmouth to Southampton. I think Palace and Norwich have got a better chance of getting promoted striaght back than Southampton.

Skogs
05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Provided Ian Dowie and Andy Johnson don't get poached by any of the bigger clubs...