PDA

View Full Version : SONY has a crush. (PS3 info)

Alice
05-15-2005, 11:45 PM
As you guys know, Sony has been workin on the ps3 for some time now. New rumors have spread (interestingly 2 days after predictions of mine) that SONY's PS3 will have iPod compatibilty and will make use of iTunes so people can play their music directly from the ps3 (hence why they would inclue such a HUGE file system... <-- most people thought they were just adding it in for hype :P)

Obviously Sony has been trying to avoid microsoft at all costs in the production of the PS3 and there has been very much conglameration between (MY TWO FAVORITE COMPANIES) Sony and Apple. Not only has Apple been looking for game designers, but Sony has used Apple for several things such as Blu-Ray production, and also Sony has asked for help on creating the PS3 OS from Apple in some parts...

Other rumors include Apple including the ability to burn Blu-Ray, and Sony being the first NON-apple company to be creating a computer for Apple's OS...

more info can be found at my blog, kochirakoso

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Do you have any confirmation on this or is it just rumor?

Alice
05-16-2005, 12:06 AM
All of that above is fact besides what is originally labeled as a rumor (the ipod compatibility and such) but it really does leave alot of room for speculation and its very logical since Sony does NOT want to work with their major gaming competitors, Microsoft, Apple and Sony only complete in few sections of the market (music included) but an alliance between the two with the PS3 could very well lead to a PS3 win over the Xbox 360...

it is a logical and smart move hence the mention

Erdrick Holmes
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
PS3 will still suck.

Alice
05-16-2005, 01:09 AM
PS3 will still suck. dont need to be so negative...

You really dont have anything to base that off of, because even stat and spec wise the PS3 is about 3 times as powerful... which will suck is a bit more obvious when u look at facts besides biased views

XxSephirothxX
05-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Joel doesn't like Sony because they aren't big supporters of 2D graphics. Hence the hatred.

Alice
05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Heres a pretty solid link to back things up: http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/5771/

enjoy that like toast ;)

Cloud No.9
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM
no no no no no. it will not happen.

why? because sony has it's own rivals to the i-pod why would it support that over it's own product? it has it's own i-tunes style thing with connect and it's own file format in atrac. sony will not support apple when they are the competition.

ZeZipster
05-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Meet ., he is your friend. He ends sentences as well as my confusion.

Samuraid
05-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Why speculate? The official specifications should be out at Eł this coming weekend?

Xalioniaf
05-17-2005, 03:02 AM
I'd much rather have a pure mp3 player rather than just an iTunes player. Since iTunes seem like a monopoly to me, since you have to pay per song, when in places like napster you just pay a monthly fee. We'll just have to see...TOMMOROW!

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Just the sight of the controller on the PS3 made me feel like puking. I'm getting carpal tunnel just looking at it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/foodfetish/playstation-3-bpad1.jpg

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Sony explicitly said the design of the console and the controller are still subject to change, and considering all the negative feedback the controller is getting, it probably will change.

YukiKiro
05-17-2005, 06:26 AM
PS3 will still suck.
i think we have an Xbox/game cube fan boy here. besides that, the PSP so far has revolutionized handheld gaming. from what i'm hearing so far, PS3 will do just about that for the console world. its missing some of the internet interactive options the 360 has, yet then again, there's no yearly fees either to play games online.sony has its hands full, but there's nothing saying it can't dish out one hell of a system that can rock anyone's world; i'm looking forward to seeing what this bad boy can really do.

as far as the controller goes i think it needs very little tweaking at all, if any. the controller is extremely comfortable and to be truely perfect may need but a trigger or an extra button somewhere.

black orb
05-17-2005, 06:32 AM
>>> WTF, that controller look like a boomerang.. :D
The people of Sony finally have gone mad...

Alice
05-17-2005, 07:52 AM
i like that pic.. but i dont know if thats what it IS going to look like..

itunes is not just a music store, its the most revolutionary music player out there and will soon support video playback... >.< soo yah get ur knowledge levels up on that.

as far as the competition thing goes, Sony doesnt really make alot of money off of their "connect", but im thinking it wont JUST be itunes, but they may offer iTunes compatibility... and your right, we will know all about it at e3...

And i hope they stick with their design, its hott

*edit* just got my own comfirmation about the unveiling, so that is hwat itll look like.. >.< I havent been on all day soo yah im behind.. :P

Samuraid
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Real PS3 Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3
From Eł developers conference posted on Wikipedia.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Put it in the main PS3 thread. This thread is about how Sony has a crush on Apple or whatever nonsense.

Mookies
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Next we have...sony un alienware
I want sony alienware.

I aggreee with cloud no.9

The Shoeless Hobo
05-17-2005, 11:31 AM
>>> WTF, that controller look like a boomerang.. :D
The people of Sony finally have gone mad...

Or maybe they're Australian? :p