PDA

View Full Version : Do not doubt my power!

Mercen-X
05-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I want to make a fighting game that features all of the MOST beloved and powerful beings. Yes, beloved. If I said "most powerful CREATED," then we'd have to include every crappy warrior any three-year-old would come up with.
Also included are the most powerful team-ups I could imagine, indicated by slashes (the team-ups are only those that are necessary to compare to the others).

EDIT - I'm moving the list.

Vyk
05-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Completely different kinds of power.... X-men. As awesome as they might be, for example, wouldn't stand much of a chance against DBGT characters that can blow up planets with a simple misplaced SNEEZE. Phoenix would be the only contender from that universe. And this is just an example. But it's very unbalanced.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-16-2005, 04:13 AM
The power ratings of some of these are incredibly unbalanced.

A few things to include:

Xenogears: Grahf, Id
Xenosaga: chaos
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: Laharl

Most of the bosses from the Final Fantasy series.

I don't think this thing is going to fly, personally. The power levels are just too divergent.

Mercen-X
06-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Wow. Almost a month. I could have sworn I'd responded to this.

You guys haven't played Tekken 5 have you? Jinpachi's power level (and almost Devil Jin) are totally one-sided. Your victories are left to chance even in Easy Mode.

There are many characters throughout fighting game history that seem so weak that they shouldn't even be in the game. Yet, a skilled combatant using a weaker character could at the least make his opponent sweat. That is a victory in itself.

I'm willing to bet real money that if Goku went evil and fused with Vegeta and was fighting Robin, Robin could take him down.

Besides, it takes a lot of work and build-up for the DB characters to destroy worlds, in the mean time, they'd be getting kicked around.

Also, Void, I haven't played Xenogears 'cause I'm a flake (jk) I agree about chaos but I'm not adding Laharl. 'Cause then I'd have to add Ash from Phantom Brave. Besides, he's my fave of the NI anyway.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Ash is good, but he's not as powerful as Laharl can be. At the very least add Prinny Baal.

Oh yes, Albedo too. Probably Rubedo and Nigredo as well. I say chaos because he's Jesus.

Jinpachi is powerful, but the very fact that he's defeatable by a normal character like, oh, say, Panda, makes it much less so.

If you want to put in any characters from the Dragon Ball universe, don't bother making the game. The Dragon Ball characters are so ridiculously powerful they can't even be HURT by the other characters.

Also, don't bother with the .hack characters since the characters are just bits of data in an internet game.

Raven Nox
06-14-2005, 08:26 AM
If you're using Star Ocean... don't use fast, he's FAST not powerful! There's a differnece! I'm not saying use Albel though, even if I'm a fangirl, it's just, if you're going you power, it's not Fayt, maybe Cliff or something.

Not a bad list, really. :roll:

My name is...something..?
06-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I think he's talking about Fate's "special abilities" storywise, sis.
Not the one's he uses in combat.
You know the ones I'm talking about. ;)

Mercen-X
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
That's correct.

Ash is good, but he's not as powerful as Laharl can be. At the very least add Prinny Baal.

If you want to put in any characters from the Dragon Ball universe, don't bother making the game. The Dragon Ball characters are so ridiculously powerful they can't even be HURT by the other characters.

Also, don't bother with the .hack characters since the characters are just bits of data in an internet game.
1: I'd rather add a whole squad of Prinny's than Laharl. I hate that dweeb.

2: Your imagination is truly dead.

Zante
06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Some I can think of are Diablo and Gandalf.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-14-2005, 07:59 PM
1: I'd rather add a whole squad of Prinny's than Laharl. I hate that dweeb.

2: Your imagination is truly dead.

It doesn't matter if you hate him or not, he can be EXTREMELY powerful. I thought you wanted to make a game of all of the great characters, that includes characters you don't necessarily like.

As far as my imagination being dead, I beg to differ. The .Hack//Sign world allows for a very set progression of leveling, the strongest out of those would be Helba followed by Kite only because he has the Twilight Bracelet. Helba is hacked, and if there were a way to bring her character into the world to fight she MIGHT be able to do something. Kite... probably not. Balmung is just a normal character as far as his battle perameters are concerned, so he doesn't really deserve to be on the over powered list.

And I'm going to reiterate that the DB gang is simply too strong. They whole anime is rather silly to begin with, and the amount of power they gave the characters on it is just ridiculous. The DB character are probably, by far, the strongest characters ever created. There's just no real contest.

Erdrick Holmes
06-14-2005, 08:50 PM
How can you have a fighting game but NOT add Bison?

Mercen-X
06-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Who? :rolleyes2

Fine. Yes Void, you're right. This isn't SUPPOSED to be about whom I like.

I guess these aspirations are unrealistic as in each respective reality for every single anime, game, or movie (of the thousands), whose theme be space or magic, there is always someone who is the MOST powerful in the universe.

In order to make this game real, I'd have to section it to tiny bits and also . . . I'd need to recruit 1000 geeks to educate me on the most powerful beings list which is evergrowing.

I was considering all day yesterday just why I was including DB (as I was thinking about whom I like and I don't really like DB, save for Trunks and Pan).

You know though, I've already begun work on constructing fighting techniques for the R.O.D girls, Robin/Raven, and other combination fighters.

The whole innovation behind my game isn't the MPB's. It's a, what I believe to be, unique fighting experience in which half of the playable characters are combination fighters with multiple units.
For example: You could press a certain button combo when playing as the R.O.D. girls and depending on the attacks involved, you'd change who was present in battle. The same goes for Robin/Raven. Even while Robin is in battle, Raven can still form a shadow shield to protect him from a certain attack because they're a team.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Where is He-Man?

It's a pretty good idea, but we can all pull up ideas of super-powerful beings, and eventually the game would have around 5,000pi characters.

Beings like X'chll'at-aa.

I do like your ideas for the teaming up thing though, that sounds pretty interesting. And we could certainly do with more crossovers from things.

Erdrick Holmes
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
... BISON.
The main villain from the Street Fighter series, the best video game villain ever?

Zante
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
One thing about the DBZ characters, I find them slightly owerated: Although they can blow up whole planets etc, it mostly involves one or more of them diing. Come to think of it, every few episodes or so one of them dies. :)
Another thing is that even as strong as they are, they get beaten up by new enemies regulary, having to train or learn some new flashy beam attack to be able to beat them. I think it wouldnt be that hard to include them and still keep it balanced.

Dreddz
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
... BISON.
The main villain from the Street Fighter series, the best video game villain ever?
Not realli

Have Faust from Guilty Gear X2 and ill be happy

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2005, 09:02 PM
bison rocks but you forgot akuma from streetfighter EX3 the game.WTF is DBZ.

Psychotic
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Pokémon - Ash Ketchum.

Phil
06-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Did anybody mention the Prince of Persia?
That'd be awesome.
They should also add Sonic and Shadow from the Sonic series. Oh and defenately Knuckles. In fact, scrap sonic and shadow. Just Knuckles.... yeah... that'd be cool.

Here's some more characters for you to add

-Himura Kenshin

-Sanosuke

-Saito

-Aoshi Shinomori

Those would all be awesome charachters to use. Unfortunately I'm afraid that all of them except sano would be too much alike. Sano could be a fist fighter and pull out the zanbato but Himura, Saito, and Aoshi are all just swordfighters.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Himura Kenshin, Shinomori Aoshi, and Hajime Saito, and, if you were going to include them, also Seta Soujiro and Makoto Shishio all use different sword styles. Kenshin's style is heavily based on the battojutsu, the quick-draw technique, Aoshi's is a speedy style that combines martial arts prowess and two blades. Saito's is heavily reliant on the Gatotsu thrust attack and variations thereof, Soujiro's is mainly based on speed, and Shishio, as far as I can tell, is based on fire attacks. Be that as it may, Rurouni Kenshin is a series that's primarily realistic, with some superstitions and allowing people to do things that aren't really possible. However, it wouldn't stand up to most of the other beings, they're just too weak to compete with the others.

Bison's relatively powerful, but he doesn't compare to some of the other characters in terms of strength.

If you want to make this game, I say you make it like Marvel vs. Capcom or Smash Bros., where all the characters are immediately set on an even playing field regardless of power levels. For example, Samus's suit could easily beat just about any enemy, but on Smash Bros., she's on par with all the other characters. Same goes for characters like Akuma and Bison in Marvel vs. Capcom, they have some nice moves, but they can still be beaten.

Jowy
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Two that come to mind are Luca Blight from Genso Suikoden II, who after getting a metric ton of arrows flung at him, a merciless beating from eighteen soldiers, and a final blow from the hero, met his end, and Zophar from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, who's an extremely overpowered boss with the ability to deal extreme amounts of damage in short amounts of time without making any effort to stop an onslaught.

Mercen-X
06-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Pokémon - Ash Ketchum.
Wow Psy, a rare moment when you make me DLH or DLP. :love:

The most troublesome aspect of creating this game would be the licensing. Each installment would need 100s upon 100s of licensing deals before this spectacularly stellar game could see the light of day.

My original thought about the power levels was the heavily diverse realities. Just because Goku is the most powerful superior being in his reality doesn't mean that he can easily trounce the most powerful being of another. They're are all from separate realities and thus, true dominance cannot be claimed by any until they are scrounged up and slapped into a single reality and placed under the control of a gamefreak.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Zatoichi would be cool.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a part of a game, or make a character in a game, playable despite their blindness. I mean, you shouldn't actually be able to see them. But how else could one play?

Maybe we could use the vibrations now common in controllers... and sound... hrm. Meh, random musings.

Haschel from LoD. He's like, the best fist fighter ever. Plus, he hits on Meru and Rose. Awesome man.

And you know who I just realized would be awesome? The Great King Of All Cosmos (Katamari Damacy). You could dazzle opponents with your vinyl voice, throw The Prince out, hit them with your guitar, all sorts of stuff!

Polnareff
06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
... BISON.
Not realli

Have Faust from Guilty Gear X2 and ill be happy

Um, yes, really ;)

Bison is especially powerful in Street Fighter Alpha 3, since he gets all that power from the Psycho Drive.

Faust isn't a very powerful character from GG. The most powerful characters from that game are Sol, That Man, Justice, Dizzy, and a couple others I'm forgetting. But Justice would definitely be up there, I mean, she can take an opponent to outer space in no time flat, as well as shoot big, powerful lasers.

Mercen-X
06-18-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm being serious now: Who the hell is Zatoichi?

About the Great King of All Cosmos . . . no. . . No. No. No.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-18-2005, 07:31 AM
If the King of All Cosmos is not in the game, I will send a mob to your house with pitchforks.

And Zatoichi is the legendary blind swordsman, but he's not a game character, to the best of my knowledge.

Mercen-X
06-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Anime? Movie?
The characters don't all come from games.

Send your petty mob of pitchfork-wielding pig farmers, I have grenades . . . and a gat . . . and a flamethrower . . . and telekinesis.

EDIT - Who is Saito?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-18-2005, 08:25 AM
I believe Zatoichi is said to have really existed, but I'm not sure. There are live-action movies out on him.

Hajime Saito is modeled after the real-life person who existed as a high-ranked member of the Shinsengumi. He appears in the anime Rurouni Kenshin, and uses an attack called the "Left-handed Gatotsu", a left-handed thrust that can be used in any number of ways.