PDA

View Full Version : Jobs (Spoilers)

coyotescott
05-16-2005, 01:25 AM
Minor plot and jobs spoilers.

This is my frist time playing FFV and I'm just about to head to Galuf's world. I'm playing a ROM and, for the most part, it seems to use the original names as opposed to the translations (i.e. Bartz defaulted at Butz in the beginning of the game.) Now, I'm a bit confused about the jobs. I've compared what I have to the list of jobs here on the site and it just doesn't seem right. I'm uncertain on which jobs are which on some cases.

I've gotten Knight, Monk, Thief, Lancer (Dragoon in my game), Ninja, Samuari, Berserker, Sorcerer (Mystic Knight), White Mage, Black Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Chemist, Geomancer, Bard, and Dancer.

Now, I've also got Hunter and Mediator. The Hunter sprite matches the Trainer sprite so I assumed it was the same job, but I read here on the forums that the Mediator and the Trainer were the same thing. The Mediator sprite doesn't match any sprite listed here on EoFF. I thought maybe it was the Mime job because its the only one left but...those sprites don't match either. So what ARE these jobs?

I'd appreciate any information as this has me a bit frustrated.

eestlinc
05-16-2005, 01:30 AM
The FFV guide has an error. The sprites shown for the Trainer/Mediator are actually the Hunter sprites. Notice that Hunter is missing from the list of jobs, and the Trainer/Mediator sprites are also missing. The hunter uses bows and gets the skill !XFight.

coyotescott
05-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Alright, well that makes sense then!

Thanks for your help.