PDA

View Full Version : dark flan

Maya
05-16-2005, 01:47 PM
How to beat dark flan? Is there any good ways to beat it easily because it seems to be immune to everything?

Legendary Caladbolg
05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I hated him so much. Probably the easiest way to kill him is to summon Anima and use her "pain" attack. Also Dark Flan is immune to all physical attacks but can be hurt by magicial attacks.

Shalashaska
05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
How to beat dark flan? Is there any good ways to beat it easily because it seems to be immune to everything?

If you're talking about Dark Flan simply armor break it. If you're talking about Jumbo Flan (the one in the monster arena) then using Anima's Pain or doublecasting Ultima with all 3 party members is the best way to go.

I hated him so much. Probably the easiest way to kill him is to summon Anima and use her "pain" attack. Also Dark Flan is immune to all physical attacks but can be hurt by magicial attacks.

I assume you're talking about Jumbo Flan since that's the only flan that is immune to physical attacks. However, it absorbs all elemental magic attacks and Dark Flan halves all damage done by elemental magic.

CardsOfTheHeart
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Here's how I always beat him (with Celestial Weapons equipped, of course):

1. Hastega
2. Reflect on one character
3. Slow on Reflected character- will reflect on Jumbo Flan; can't cast directly on Jumbo Flan 'cause it has Auto-Reflect
4. Doublecast Ultima
5. Copycat
6. Repeat 5 as many times as needed

It works for me every time.

Legendary Caladbolg
05-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Oops I read it wrong. I thought she meant Jumbo Flan.

rubah
05-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Um. Ultima penetrates reflect guys.

Don't cast it on yourself, reflected or not. it will NOT reflect.

Shalashaska
05-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Who said anything about reflecting Ultima? You cast reflect on a character so that you can reflect Slow since Jumbo Flan is not immune to it. Alternatively you can just throw a Silver Hourglass.

rubah
05-21-2005, 02:50 AM
Heh, I guess I missed where cardsoftheheart said 'slow'

my bad.

Maya
05-21-2005, 07:01 AM
I ment that big dark flan in the Zanarkand ruins. Is it Jumbo flan? Well, that is the one that I canīt beat.

rubah
05-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Oh, no, that's just the dark flan:)

Use armor break on him and you should be fine.

bigbri2k5
05-23-2005, 10:17 AM
use armour break and attack with auron or use zombie attack and throw a phoenix bown on it

Tai-Ti
05-29-2005, 08:55 AM
I disslike Dark Flans, i didn't know how 2 beat em @ 1st, but i learnt :D i didn't know it was vunrable to zombie, thats handy to know, but armor break is the only thing i need really.