PDA

View Full Version : "banned" feedback?

Sasquatch
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm not suggesting a banned members' forum. But I am asking...if we get banned, who do we ask about it? When I was banned, after I found out who banned me and that person didn't answer my PMs, I started a thread here, in the Feedback forum. That helped me, because I found out why I was banned, and got to "plead my case" because I thought it was unjust--and though I didn't completely "win", I still made my point, and others saw it, and many agreed. But that thread was closed, along with the comment that every other "I'm banned" thread in Feedback will be closed. Why? In cases like mine--where somebody doesn't know why they're banned, or somebody thinks that they were banned unfairly--why not let them have a thread about it, so they can find out some things, or so that everybody else can find out why they think they got an unfair ban? And if not here, why not make somewhere else for it? Not necessarily a "banned members forum", but a "banning-related questions forum"?

Psychotic
05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
It would be nice to know why some of our favourite members were banned, and it would be useful for those members too, if they didn't know. Faris_the_guy didn't know why he was banned for a long time, for example, and it really irritated him. The staff themselves didn't even tell him, I had to upon discovering why. Oh, and I still don't know what it was that caused the awesome ff babe to be banned.

Leeza
05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Sasquatch: Whenever a member is banned from EoEO or EotW, they receive a PM explaining why they were banned and the length of time that the ban will be for. Of course, we are only human and sometimes for some reason this PMing might not take place. In your case, you were right in doing what you did by PMing the Mod that banned you to find out the reasoning. Because of this Mod's weird mailing system, he did not recieve your PMs. This one Mod not receiving/answering your PMs should not have prevented you from PMing one of the many other Admin/Mods on this forum who also could have answered you question. A forum for members to discuss their bannings is rather pointless, in my opinion, unless they just want someone's shoulder to cry on.

The Staff here do the best job they can do with the time they have to devote to this place and having to sit through a rehash of every ban that takes place by every member of this site would be ridiculous, in my opinion. If a member needs information on his ban or to plead his case, he should speak/plead it to Staff.

Psy: ftg knew exactly what he was being banned for and I have no idea what your <i>discovery</i> was or where you got it from, but I'm sure that's it's more than likely not the reason.

And yes, I am closing this thread just as all the others have been closed. If another mod wishes to reopen it for further discussion, they are welcome to do so.

If any member wishes to discuss their banning, please PM a Staff member. If one does not respond, PM another. If you need to cry on someone's shoulder because you think we're still not being fair, PM a friend.

Del Murder
05-17-2005, 01:38 AM
If any member wishes to discuss their banning, please PM a Staff member. If one does not respond, PM another. If you need to cry on someone's shoulder because you think we're still not being fair, PM a friend.
I know this is closed because the question has been answered, but I just want to emphasize this point. Also, if a person has a permanent ban from the forums, they are welcome to contact a staff member via email or im if they wish to discuss it. If someone has a question regarding another member's ban, they are welcome to ask a staff member, via pm, as well.