PDA

View Full Version : Not realy sure how to title this

TasteyPies
05-16-2005, 09:05 PM
The post counts next to threads and the posts in the threads are really screwy for me. Some posts just don’t show up and I have to refresh all the time. Like it will say "Werecanary's corner of silly linguistic questions | 9" Even though I really know that 11 people posted there. Then I click on the thread and only 9 posts show up again. I click refresh and bam there are 11 posts now. It's really weird.

Its as if the server resets and reloads allot. Like the boards have memory lapses. Super strange.

Edit: Also, thread titles will be next ot the forum areas "General" and World events" and the like that are nowhere to be seen after you click into those areas. They seem to dissapear untill I hit refresh again.

Is anyone else experiancing this? Its making the boards a real bioch to navigate.

MecaKane
05-16-2005, 09:26 PM
That's just your cache being crazy, I think, happens to me on LJ a lot.
Lower the size, or have "Check for newer versions of stored pages:" "Every visit to the page" selected. In the internet properties.
Dunno how to fix it in firefox, hense my having it happen to me a lot. Just clear your cache and it'll be good for awhile, I guess.

Samuraid
05-16-2005, 11:45 PM
In Firefox, browse to "about:config" and check the browser.cache.check_doc_frequency line. I think it defaults to 3, and if you set it to 1 firefox will always fetch the latest page.

Yamaneko
05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
While you're there accept more than 3 connections at a time too. :D

theundeadhero
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Did you change the time on your computers clock? I did that once and had the same problems.

TasteyPies
05-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Gave it some time and it sorted itself out :rolleyes2