PDA

View Full Version : Neon Genesis Evangelion 2

Pauten
05-16-2005, 10:35 PM
I recently got this game on import from Play-Asia (http://www.playasia.com) for the PS2.
Has anyone heard of this game?
Its a typicaly japanese game that I doubt will ever see the light of day in the west.
The main premise is you take the role of Shinji Ikari in his day to day life for the core of the game, making sure he's fed and happy while interacting with the other characters and environments from the anime. Kinda of like a cyber pet although i dont think you can abuse him enough to make him die...we all felt like killing the little brat at some point during the series right?

Then every few days or so an angel will attack. This is where the game shifts to battle mode that starts out as a 2d top down perspective grid of Tokyo-3.
This is where you will manouver your EVA until you run into the Angel. Aoba/Ibuki will keep you informed of its co-ordinates via intercom. Then when you meet the Angel the game goes into sort of turn based combat. Quickly select your actions and the action shifts to a fully 3d animated battle scene of the last turn. All in all these segments look very nice too.
After beating shinji's senerio you unlock further ones, so far i have mangaed to unlock Asuka, Rei and Misato's senerios. Giving the game a little more longevity.
Graphicly the game is great Whith faithfully recreated environments and nicely detailed character models, they could have used a little cel-shading though.
A warning the game is heavy on japanese spoken and text so be aware that you must have some basic skill in the language to get anywhere with this game.
An interesting feature it seems to have incorperated is to go beyond the T.V series and reveal a few more secrets, I wont spoil any of them though you'll have to do your own reserch on that one. ^_^
The game also has multipul ending that appear depending on what you do and how you act. I also believe there is a way to save Kawrou at the end as well.

All in all once for the fans I believe.
8/10

Enjoy the screenshots! :)

XxSephirothxX
05-16-2005, 11:12 PM
If it's half as good as the show, I wish I could play it.

Mo-Nercy
05-16-2005, 11:20 PM
The main premise is you take the role of Shinji Ikari in his day to day life for the core of the game, making sure he's fed and happy while interacting with the other characters and environments from the anime.
Heh..Make Shinji happy. It must be the hardest game in the world. The only game where you can't win.

Pauten
05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, keeping him happy enough to stop Unit 01 from falling silent mid battle. Which is a pain although its good on those random occasions when it goes berzerk instead.

oceanfr
10-22-2005, 04:18 AM
played some of it at my cous, its not bad

kikimm
10-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Whoa there, please don't revive old topics. :D Just start a new one.