View Full Version : Some items I really need o_o

Alexander
05-17-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm looking for:

Whisper
Adamantine/Orichalcon
Power Generator
Hero/Holy War. Not Trial.

Two of those items are from Adamantoise. The thing is, I only fought one Adamantoise in my whole FFVIII player carreer. o___o Therefore I NEVER have White Wind, and I need to card mod Sacred's Card to have Adamantines. Where the hell I can find Adamantoises besides Long Horn Island (they almost never appear there)?

The Power Generator. Aw. Is there some way to get is besides Laguna's thing and mugging Blitz to death? -_-

And Hro/Holy War. I don't own Pocketstation. I don't own Gameshark. I don't have Gilgamesh/Laguna's cards.What can I do? T_T

nik0tine
05-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Okay, you can find Adamantoise at the beach near dollet. They show up semi often there.

There is no other way that I know of to get a power generator, unfortuantely.

You can get a hero by mugging Seifer in every single battle that you fight him (except for one or twi times, when you can mug a holy war from him.) You can also refine cards into heros (I think) and you can refine the gilgamesh card into ten holy wars.

Also you can refine a bunch of hero trials into heros. Heros can then be refined into holy war trials, which can then be refined into holy wars. That's alot of effort though.

Squall of SeeD
05-17-2005, 03:06 AM
The Adamantoises show up all the time on a beach south of the Kashkabald Desert (where you first get control of the Ragnarok, and where you can reacquire it on Disc 4).

tranvanhieu
05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Mug from Adamantoise(Long horn island) to get whisper,defeat them without Mug to get Adamantine(high LV) or Orichalcol(Low LV)
Fight Blitz(Centra) and sometimes you receive Power Generator (the ratio is about 5%-8%)
There is no way to get Hero and other invisible items except from some boss battles ,refining cards and Chocobo world

rubah
05-19-2005, 12:20 AM
You could probably get all of those except Power Generator through Angelo Search. Especially holy war and heroes.

Alexander
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM
You could probably get all of those except Power Generator through Angelo Search. Especially holy war and heroes.

Is there a way to make Angelo Search happen more often? -_-

rubah
05-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes.

Go to esthar. Equip at least one person with pain/bio and confuse with Magic ability. Use rinoa in your party.

Fight around until you get to a turtapod. Use bio/pain on it and wait for it to curl up and hide (unless you're weak enough where you can still hit them and not have them die)

When it curls up, cast confuse. It'll start spinning around like crazy.

Either leave your ps2 on for several hours, or go to gamefaqs.com and consult the EXCELLENT guide there. It's rather fun, and if you get lost, you can just let the controller sit and eventually angelo will show up again.

crazybayman
05-20-2005, 06:32 PM
From my experiences, the best place to find adamantoises is on the southeastern beach of Longhorn Island, closest to the mainland. I found an adamantoise battle rate of anywhere from 1 in 5 to 1 in 7.

rubah
05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
That's because that's more or less the only place you find adamantoise. Unless they're in ulti's castle.