PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy tech demo for PlayStation 3

Sephex
05-17-2005, 05:24 AM
This is tech demo. Repeat: TECH DEMO! This doesn't mean they are remaking FFVII for the PS3. They are just showing off what the PS3 can do. Prepare to be blown away.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/media.html?gcst=2stream_ps3ff7demo_e305.asx

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Hahaha awesome. They should totally do it.

Sephex
05-17-2005, 05:39 AM
I know! By the way, could you edit my title? I spelled "Play" wrong. Thanks!

abrojtm
05-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Even though it's just a quick demo, it's still pretty impressive. I'd buy it.

TheAbominatrix
05-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Wow, that looks really beautiful. Yay for the PS3.

BackRoomKid
05-17-2005, 05:56 AM
that was so awesome...yet, what's funny is that out of ALL the titles you could remake as a tech demo...they chose FF7

TheAbominatrix
05-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Common sense really. Show the one which will generate the most attention.

Vyk
05-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Totally. Anyone able to download that? Maybe I should join up... >_>; GS seems to be getting quite a few nifty exclusives.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-17-2005, 08:00 AM
There's a difference between getting an exclusive and just getting something before everyone else does.

Vyk
05-17-2005, 08:06 AM
True. But they keep putting their logo on crap x_x;

My name is...something..?
05-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Wow. That looked good. I'd totally buy that. *sigh*
Oh well.
Pretty graphics...*gets distracted*

Seal Evil
05-17-2005, 11:24 AM
They should totally do it.
OMG, I know. It looks effin' amazing.

Perducci
05-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I just watched that. Six times.

I wish they would have just made a Remake instead of all these Prequals/Sequals.

ISRviper
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
FF7 is the best choice for making a tech demo, because it is probably the best selling game for the playstation and it was also one of the games that didn't look the best... but they made it look better than any game that was released till now.

Dreddz
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Looking at it makes me want to run to my room and hud my copy of FF7
It looks great.
But is there going to be a remake.
I say there should be one myself
And after my Second Disc snapping I'd gladly buy the full price for this game.
Go on Square !

Maxico
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Wow, that part towards the end was a surpirise for what I thought was just the intro in real time. Pretty Impressive.

Sepho
05-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I watched it during fourth hour today (because hardware is boring, boring, boring), and I thought it was pretty neat watching a recreation of the opening, but I would have rather it seemed more "gameplay-like" when Cloud jumps off the train, instead of appearing more like a cutscene. I can't explain it.

I'm not complaining, though. It looked pretty nifty.

DJZen
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
The only unfortunate thing about this is that we all know the games won't look nearly that good. Tech demos can be spiffy, but it's rare that subsequently released games look as good. You don't have to worry about things like size limits of the media when you've making something that's 30 seconds long, or having too many sprites on screen when everything that happens is up to people who have their eyes on what the hardware is doing.

I have to say though, the chance to see Heidegger in all his splendor at that level of detail...

Okay, suddenly I'm for a remake of FFVII.

Dreddz
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
I wish they would have just made a Remake instead of all these Prequals/Sequals.

Me 2

amratis
05-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Amazing trailer, I love it. Man, VII so needs to be remade like this.

Dking'squeen
05-18-2005, 12:59 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clears throat* Okay, now that I'm done...OMG!!!OMFG!!! That looks totally friggin awesome!! I want the PS3 now >.<

Raven Nox
05-18-2005, 01:09 AM
lol, that's the point of a tech demo Dking'squeen, they want to make you buy it. But yeah... the actual games probably won't look that pretty, at least without having each game span about 2 or more discs, they CAN make a game like that on 1, but it would be short, 'cause it takes a lot of memory.

I only thing that annoyed me about the video was that they avoided Aeris' face, when you can she her face in the actual game. I understand why, but it was still kinda annoying, as I really wanna see her face! XD

The ps3 looks so much better then the X-box 360 to me. But, maybe that's just me not liking mircosoft... or maybe I just think the 360 games don't look as fun as they actually look...

Squall of SeeD
05-18-2005, 01:18 AM
FF7 is the best choice for making a tech demo, because it is probably the best selling game for the playstation and it was also one of the games that didn't look the best... but they made it look better than any game that was released till now.

It was chosen because it's receiving the most attention right now (as Final Fantasy VI was in 1995 when it was used for a Nintendo 64 Tech Demo, and as Final Fantasy VIII was in 2000 when it was used for a PS2 Tech Demo).

As far as it being one of the Final Fantasies that didn't look the best... I'm afraid I don't follow. Looking at any of those that came before it -- with the possible exception of Final Fantasy VI, as its 2D graphics were superb -- it looked worlds better.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
from what it looks like to me, the PS3 is just as powerful as the XBOX 360. I looked at their specs, and most of them are... the same.

That tech demo was pretty awesome. It looked like the movie coming out.. only game form. I read that the processor in the PS3/XBOX 360 is more powerful than anything out today in PCs.

Check out rpgamer.com, they have specs for both systems and everything. :D

krissy
05-18-2005, 03:11 AM
liked everything until cloud showed up
what was up with his eyes
shooting up pure acid on that train or what

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 04:36 AM
from what it looks like to me, the PS3 is just as powerful as the XBOX 360. I looked at their specs, and most of them are... the same.

That tech demo was pretty awesome. It looked like the movie coming out.. only game form. I read that the processor in the PS3/XBOX 360 is more powerful than anything out today in PCs.

Check out rpgamer.com, they have specs for both systems and everything. :D

The PS3 is more powerful in floating point operations and the graphics processor is faster than the one in the Xbox 360.

By the way, is that a pre-rendered FMV or is that game engine?

UltimateSpamGrover
05-18-2005, 04:48 AM
That looks real good, I'm impressed.

Rase
05-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Looks nice. Wish all the games would actually look like that.

sandman85
05-18-2005, 05:58 AM
The video was cool and all, but if we're talking ps3 the graphics seemed something out of a ps2

Kawaii Ryûkishi
05-18-2005, 06:04 AM
Those are real-time graphics, not FMV. That's the whole point.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-18-2005, 06:10 AM
The video was cool and all, but if we're talking ps3 the graphics seemed something out of a ps2

Uh.. Maybe out of a PS2 FMV, but the PS2 doesn't have the capacity to do something that amazing.

I don't even see the NEED for FMVs on the PS3 if the graphics are going to look that good!

ShiggtyLuffLuff
05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
I think I squeeled like a little girl when I watched this and read that they MIGHT redo VII. Just a hint at it is enough to make me wanna pre order a PS3. :love:

ISRviper
05-18-2005, 06:36 AM
I think with the PS3 all the games will look that good because they are putting some powerful /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif into it. Did you guys see the Killzone PS3 trailer???? that game looks amazing, and if that is what it will look like than I'm sure the PS3 will be much better than the Xbox 360.

vg_freddy
05-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Wow, that was cool!!! I mean they're realtime!!!!! Not FMV or CGI'S Just reaaal tiiimee :eek: soo cool!!! THe Ps3 is gonna be so cool! so bad it's not an actual game =[ hope they reconcider, gotta go to play FFVII agaaain!

Squall of SeeD
05-18-2005, 07:56 AM
I think I squeeled like a little girl when I watched this and read that they MIGHT redo VII. Just a hint at it is enough to make me wanna pre order a PS3. :love:

Square-Enix President Yoichi Wada stated immediately after the presentation that this was only a tech demo and that they currently have no plans to remake VII.

Raven Nox
05-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I don't even see the NEED for FMVs on the PS3 if the graphics are going to look that good!

So it's easier to make AMVs, duh! It's take forever to rip them if it was all just real-time!

But then there's more footage, 'cause you can pretty much take any part of the game and put it in and it would look good. I mean, the real time ps3 graphics are a tad better the ps2 FMVs, that's pretty damn good!

Chocobo the chosen one
05-18-2005, 08:24 AM
that did'nt look real time to me. But if the killzone 2 trailer actualy looked like that on the e3o5 then that might be real time.

ISRviper
05-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Killzone looked very real time to me and it was amazing.... there will be a point in gaming where you won't be able to tell the differance between gaming and FMV's, and I think Sony made a very huge leap towards that. Even Heavenly Sword looks amazing, just like in chinese movies where you see 1-2 people fighting off huge armies.

**ShadowZone**
05-18-2005, 08:55 AM
I downloaded this yesterday I thought it was so kool. They should definitely do a remake with PS3 graphics.

DMKA
05-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Too bad I'm on 56k and there's no way to download it...I stream it and all I see is what looks like an ultra-pixelated version of the FFVII opening FMV. :(

EDIT: Holy crap I downloaded it and watched it...that's amazing that it was in-game graphics.

That would be so awesome if they did do it...but eh, I'm not expecting them to.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Square-Enix President Yoichi Wada stated immediately after the presentation that this was only a tech demo and that they currently have no plans to remake VII.

It is never going to happen, folks. Not any time soon, and 99% likely, never.

DMKA
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
It is never going to happen, folks. Not any time soon, and 99% likely, never.
That's exactly what everyone said when the "rumor" of FFX-2 began, and when the "rumor" of Advent Children started...and would you believe it?

I know they aren't remaking it, but you aren't one to say it will NEVER happen.

Jess
05-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I just watched that. Six times.

Me too. :(

EDIT: I showed my mum and she said even she would play the game if it looked that good. :laugh:

Vyk
05-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Real-time? No wonder everyone's crapping bricks. It's amazing that they can do models that look better than renders. But it's confusing since they used a scene that was previously rendered. So I agree they should have used more gameplay-esque type footage. Just to clear the confusion. But what an awesome way to open a game. The cut-scenes would integrate even more seemlessly into gameplay because they'd be done with in-game models...

Certainly fix the problem I felt in FFX where the in-game models looked good enough for me, but they just HAD to use that rendered crap and make the characters look completely different x_x; Took me out of the game bigtime. Won't be an issue now...

DMKA
05-18-2005, 03:42 PM
If this is how future FFs will look, what will become of FMVs? o_o

vg_freddy
05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah that's true, maybe there are not going to be any FMV's on the games, or... they'll look better (hope they're staying just like all the FF we've played) :S I'm soo confused!!!

Vyk
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Well it's inevitable. It's only a matter of time before Shrek and it's ilk can be done in real-time. FMVs were just the best way to get those results before. Realistically they're a hassle. In the future, why use them? They're hard to code, and so is a game engine. But the game has to have an engine. And if it looks as good as FMV I'd say just use it. Like a lot of other people I "usually" prefer in-game modeled cut-scenes over pre-rendered anyway. Keeps you from being pulled out of the game.

Rinoa Heartilly
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
It was chosen because it's receiving the most attention right now (as Final Fantasy VI was in 1995 when it was used for a Nintendo 64 Tech Demo, and as Final Fantasy VIII was in 2000 when it was used for a PS2 Tech Demo).

*agrees*

But it is stunning! Other than rewatching it again and again, i find myself wishing for an FF7 remake. And while they're at it I'd love a ff8 remake^^, or one of FF6 ^^ heck, remake madness if I could choose. I fear SE won't not be so inclined to oblige though^^' pity...Ah well, we'll keep hoping.

Where quality is concerned, the ps2 tech demo did not push the machine to its limits. Not at all when looking at the FFX graphics. Or those of FFXII for that matter. So I assume that things will be even looking better once SE gets the hang of the new thing. (I just hope they don't leave the ps, as I would *hate* to get an Xbox... :p )

I still prefer FMV over ingame graphs though...One of the reasons, being the AMV -one stated above, but mostly I just love them^^

On a side note; Gullwing I find your sig very pretty ^^
DMKA, yours is scary though ^^"

Croyles
05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
man i cant believe they wont remake it! everyone hassle square to remake it!!! it would be sooooo good!

The True seeD
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Due to the fact that everybody is freakin out, that vid. was pretty damn good. Sadly, I'm running on 56k and can't really watch it :mad2:. So, I plan to sneak into the computer lab tomorrow in school, and watch it in there. (Or I could just do it before school, and not have to sneak...) But anyway...I gotta see it!

JAS4Yeshua
05-20-2005, 06:27 AM
I have to say that the video was absolutely amazing. I'd love to get the PS3, but don't think I will until they start releasing Final Fantasy games on it. Of course they did say that they would, but with FFXII still to be released it might be a while before we see anything.

As to a remake of FFVII? It would be nice to see in the advanced graphics of the PS3, but I personally don't see a need for it. I'd rather see something new than a remake of something old.

Destai
05-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Oh I love that trailer. Its beautiful. Its a big fat burn too FFVII fanboys everywhere. If theyd only remake it.

KoShiatar
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
I suppose there really is no project for remaking FF VII right now.
But maybe, if Advent Children goes really really really well...who knows...requests are so many after all...

velvet.fireball
05-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Although square-enix seem pretty resolved not the remake FFVII I think it is a very big mistake since remaking that game is a veritable goldmine for that company.

However, I don't think we should give up hope just yet. If you recall once of the tech demos for the gamecube was the Link and Ganon fight scene and look what's happening now! They are bringing out a new legend of zelda game with graphics exactly the same.

If there is enough demand they should have enough sense to make it.

But as it has been said if the compilation goes as well as square-enix hopes perhaps they will consider it.

ISRviper
05-20-2005, 10:31 PM
There is a huge differance between making another game with different story but the same graphics, and making a remake of a game with just different graphics.

I was thinking how funny and cool it would look when Cloud is rideing on barrets arm when the plate is collapsing, and when Cloud gets to dressup as a girl (all those extra items you can take to make cloud look better don't seem like a bad idea with new graphics).

Croyles
05-20-2005, 10:46 PM
There is a huge differance between making another game with different story but the same graphics, and making a remake of a game with just different graphics.

ehmm who are you responding too?

Chocobo the chosen one
05-25-2005, 01:36 AM
they may make it but square would have to be done with all the other games they are going to make. Very doughtful though

TasteyPies
05-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Totally. Anyone able to download that?

And send me a copy? I'm having some trouble watching it.

KoShiatar
05-25-2005, 09:27 PM
I finally was able to download it from gamestpot.com.

Lion
05-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Ok... so first things first... that was just great. Something seemed weird about Cloud's face though (could just be me though). Anyway, the admins at EoFF weere right, just keep sending emails to Square(Soft). As far as it goes for me, they're still squaresoft, and if we take a look at they're games, you can see that some things arent' what they seem to be at first glance. I don't think square would actually risk getting started with a remake of FFVII, even if it was the greatest video game ever made. Maybe they just made this tech demo to see how everyone would react to the idea of a possible remake. I know square had most of it's games made primary on the ps but beyond the presentation to exploit the full powers of the ps 3 console, i think there's something underneath this "presentation", something we have not yet begun to see and that's gonna send us flying high. I don't know, maybe we should just expect the unexpected.

Croyles
05-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree with Lion. A lot of big companies, especially clever ones like SE (or Squaresoft if you like, personally i havnt really noticed any great differences in the quality of games they have released after merging with Enix, apart from the obvious financial gain wich has resulted in numerous amounts of projects, just as good as old ones, undergoing at the same time), have something hidden up their sleeves.

Fire_Emblem776
05-25-2005, 11:23 PM
they will remake it whene?
how many petitions will it takw to do this?
They have how many spin off of this classic?
and thye are not gona remake it? WHy not?
I would love to see Cloud as a gitrl.. hehe.
so now games look like fmvs.... HMm how is it possoble technoligy gets better? I was shoked at the intro to 8, and X. Now this?
ah the chilld whrn i saw Ares in the Midgar Slum.. PLease rekat it square!!1

Lord Magician
05-25-2005, 11:43 PM
They will remake it. They are all lie. They are building up the suspense. When PS3 come out, Microsoft will take out Halo 3! But after halo 3 lost most of it's popularity, BAM! Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 3! You will see it in commercials everywhere! Microsoft will burn in hell! :D

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 12:27 AM
They are not remaking it. Think of it this way. When the next gen systems were announced (PSX days), Square made a tech demo of FFVI in Nintendo 64 graphics. However, FFVI has never had a full graphical remake, it's only been ported and given a few FMVs. When the PS2 was announced, Square did a tech demo of a scene from FFVIII, however, FFVIII has not been remade.

Petitions are useless, so dont even bother. Square knows what the current demand is, and if they ever remake it, it'll be because of that.

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 12:32 AM
*yawn*

Lord Magician
05-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Well this is different. Final fantasy 6 and 8 suck. Final Fantasy VII is way different from any other final fantasy game! Final fantasy 10 and higher already have good graphics, but they will make a remake of the best one. And that would be final fantasy 7, thank you. :rolleyes2

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Good way to look past the end of your nose. Just because you worship VII does not make it different or special or the best. They arent going to remake it. Get over it.

abrojtm
05-26-2005, 02:41 AM
I figure they'll remake it in 6 years or so (like WSC did FFI-FFII).

Wilhelm III
05-26-2005, 05:15 AM
Why? Why could they not just remake it? I have watched it a hundred times since they showed it on E3.

05-26-2005, 07:04 AM
They could but they won't.
Listen to The Abominatrix people, he knows what he's talking about.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 07:29 AM
She :<3:

Redfield
05-26-2005, 09:06 AM
I've seen it Aerith looked way cool... and cloud too^^ cn't wait to see if they really do remake it

05-26-2005, 09:16 AM
She :<3:
Lol!! Why did I put he??
I knew you were a she....
Lol, I must not have been thinking.
Sorry about that.

Ravenmorghane
05-26-2005, 09:18 AM
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Good way to look past the end of your nose. Just because you worship VII does not make it different or special or the best. They arent going to remake it. Get over it.

Ok worshipping is a bit of an exagguration there, but the game is VERY popular as we all know. Square would make a mint if they remade it, perhaps changed a few details and added extra bits just to make it a bit refreshing (but they cant take out the dressing up as a woman bit!!!).
Anyways all we can do is speculate and hope and keep sending emails, I know I'd buy it if they did it even tho I have the original version, and unless you work for that sector in Sqaure then how do you know what they've got planned? You just dont!

Thats my thoughts at least. I hope they've broadened some perspectives here.

Lion
05-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah it's a bit double-faced. Who knows, maybe we'll actually see a FF VII - 2 even though i highlly doubt it, but then again, who knows. How many times hasn't Square shocked us ? Remember X-2 or Advent Children. As we can see, Square's Final Fantasy universe seems to be revolving somewhere around FF VII (Dirge Of Cerberus, Before Crisis, not to mention Advent Children), so even if they don't remake the game, i think the PS 3 console is going to have a FF title pretty soon, and it'll rock.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM

Ok worshipping is a bit of an exagguration there, but the game is VERY popular as we all know. Square would make a mint if they remade it, perhaps changed a few details and added extra bits just to make it a bit refreshing (but they cant take out the dressing up as a woman bit!!!).
Anyways all we can do is speculate and hope and keep sending emails, I know I'd buy it if they did it even tho I have the original version, and unless you work for that sector in Sqaure then how do you know what they've got planned? You just dont!

Thats my thoughts at least. I hope they've broadened some perspectives here.

I'm certainly not saying it's a bad game. It's a very popular game, but it isnt because of its sheer superority to VI and VIII, as Magician said, that is going to get Square to break their streak. They make tech demos of existing games all the time, and they've outright stated they wont be remaking any games that can still be played on current systems, and as PS2 and PS3 is backwards compatible, we probably wont see a remake of VII for quite some time. Maybe we will, maybe we wont, but the tech demo is NOT some kind of hidden hint from Square, as proven, again, by the tech demos of VI and VIII, which have yet to have graphical remakes.

So it's not really double-faced at all.

Square's FF business is not revolving around the compilation for VII, as they're currently finishing up XII and working on XIII, which of course will be on the PS3.

Lion
05-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Ok, i just pointed out a possible scenary. Pardon me for asking but, do you actually think the staff at Square are just stupid brainless zobies all following the same pattern ? Of course you're right about FF VI and FF VIII, but that was a different story. I for one, didn't say anything about a remake (although I'd probablly enjoy one), i just wanted to add (if it wasn't clear enough already) that it's not everyday Square comes out with a tech demo to an 8 year old game and then just closes the door they opened with this tech demo.

EDIT: Use the edit button next time. -Murder

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
You've completly missed my point. What I am saying, and what I have been saying, is that just because they're making a tech demo, it doesnt mean they're remaking the game. And, as I said they've announced multiple times they arent releasing anything that can still be played on the current systems. It is NOT rare for a company to do a trailer of an existing game for no reason other than to show off a new system's capablities. ALL I have been saying is that, because there's a tech demo, it doesnt mean they're remaking the game. I'll continue to repeat it until all of you stop jumping on me everytime I do.

And do notice that I wasnt directly responding to you, Lion, with the comments about the remake. See that text I quoted? I quoted it because I was responding to that person. My only comments to you directly was the final part

So it's not really double-faced at all.

Square's FF business is not revolving around the compilation for VII, as they're currently finishing up XII and working on XIII, which of course will be on the PS3.

Ravenmorghane
05-26-2005, 02:25 PM
the thing I'm most worried about is the whole PS3 thing because we all know that ANY future games post ff11 are going to be PS3, remake or otherwise, and it means buying yet ANOTHER console to play them! I am, however, really looking forward to the advent children thing. It totally proves the spontinaety and vision of the Square corperation. It started off only as a 20 minute demo but evolved into something amazing from what I've seen.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but that's how it's always been, with FF especially. There are three numbered FF games per system; I, II, III on NES, IV, V, VI on SNES, VII, VIII, IX, on PSX, X, XI, XII on PS2.

It's a pain having to buy new systems, I agree. I'm already strapped for cash as is!

Ravenmorghane
05-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Being a student (not for long though!!) I'm really poor most of the time and I haven't really bought any PS games in a while. Although I REALLy would like to see a remake, it could be metaphorically akin to the Aeris argument; sometimes things are better off dead and staying buried so we can appreciate them a little more. It might wear off the novelty too, I was personally very fond of the old style anime scenes because they looked more like the manga drawings.

Del Murder
05-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Lol!! Why did I put he??
I knew you were a she....
Lol, I must not have been thinking.
Sorry about that.
Hey that was almost a haiku.

It was ok. Seeing a three page thread set me up for something a little more exciting.

Lord Magician
05-31-2005, 11:39 PM
They did not made it so far, I know I am right. But they will make it in the next 3 years or more. They just have to do a lot of work and think how to make the graphics different and better, put vocies on every single character!! It will take a mirical to make. But sooner or later, they WILL MAKE IT! :mad:

BackRoomKid
05-31-2005, 11:53 PM
I sense denial here

SomethingBig
06-01-2005, 12:08 AM
But they will make it in the next 3 years or more. They just have to do a lot of work and think how to make the graphics different and better, put vocies on every single character!!
It'll probably be made as soon as Sony stops making backwards compatible consoles.

I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing people jump to the OMFG FFIVI REEMAYK conclusion as soon as something FFVII is released. Advent Children was the worst. But alas! I have hope for you fanboys and fangirls! Square has finally released new info on the increasing FFVII craze. It has spoilers, so please don't mind the spoiler tag.

FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. FFVII WILL NOT BE REMADE AS LONG AS THE NEWEST PLAYSTATION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. STOP. WITH. THE. FFVII. REMAKE. NONSENSE.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 12:20 AM
somethingbig, if you need to, go punch a pillow or something, but i dont think theres anything wrong with us posting in here in hopes for a ffvii remake so stop. and why would they not release it if the ps3 is backwards compatible? doesnt make any sense. have you got a url on this so called "new released info"?

SomethingBig
06-01-2005, 12:42 AM
First off, I'm allowed to voice my being annoyed at fanboys constantly begging for a remake, as it is my opinion. Second, Square doesn't want to release a variation of a game whose original copy is still playable on a current system. It just doesn't make sense. Third, when AC was announced, the entire int@rweb was pummeled with, "OMFG IS SKQARE MAYKIN TEH FFIVI REMAYK?!" so in order to stop this nonsense, Square, during a press conference, specifically stated that they would not being making a remake until Sony stops making backwards-compatible consoles.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 12:50 AM
*cheers SomethingBig on*

Croyles
06-01-2005, 12:57 AM
firstly, yes your allowed to voice your opinion, but you clearly did more than that. secondly, why doesnt that make sense? the reason why people would want to have a remake is because it would have better graphics, dialogue, maybe voice actors etc, so why would it matter if the original version could be played on the same console?
thirdly, they did not specifically state that there will be no ff7 reamke. they stated that "we have no intention of remaking ff7", that does not rule out the possibility that it could be created in the future, seeing as how most of the other people who had originally worked on ff7 SPECIFICALLY stated that they would LIKE to work on such a project.

voice your opinion? as i said before, you clearly did more than that, and you know it.

I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing people jump to the OMFG FFIVI REEMAYK conclusion as soon as something FFVII is released. Advent Children was the worst. But alas! I have hope for you fanboys and fangirls! Square has finally released new info on the increasing FFVII craze. It has spoilers, so please don't mind the spoiler tag.
that was your opinion, the rest was not. im not trying to be an a**hole, im just saying you shouldnt tell people off because their hoping for a remake.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Why does it matter? Because Square said they arent remaking any games that can be played on current systems. FFVII can be played on the PS3, because it's backwards compatible. That's why it matters.

I'd like to see proof of your claims about people wanting to work on the project, though really it doesnt matter. What matters is if Square is willing to dedicate as much time as it takes to make a brand new game from scratch (with story and characters already done, of course), especially when they've said that they wont be remaking any games that can be played still.

SomethingBig
06-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Exactly, Square has better things to do than make a game that still exists and that can still be played. You have to realize that, even though this is very hard to believe, Square has a very successful series on their hands. If FFVII were to be remade, almost no changes would be done to it, save for graphics and voice acting; they'd be wasting millions on just this project, when they could be creating something fresh.

Tell me this, if you had bought a new car a year before and at this present date, it works perfectly and looks good as new, would you buy yet another new car, just for the heck of it? No, because there's no point. The old car works fine. It still does its job. It still looks nice. This is the same mentality Square has. FFVII is still playable and people still enjoy it. I have a friend who makes it a tradition to play it every summer.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
yeah i do see your point on that. i myself wasnt necessarily hoping for it to be released on the ps3, but released nonetheless in the future, like you said they will probably do, but i was just wondering what your reason was behind as you didnt mention it the first time.

as for proof that people from SE DO want to make the game (whether on the ps3 or later not know), here it is:

IGN Reporter: "Are the rumors true about FFVII-2?"
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/617/617474p1.html

Yoshinori Kitase: "A sequel to FFVII?" -laughs-
"In truth, there are many who'd like to make such a game, Nomura, who's working on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, included. Many of the Square staff participated in the development of FFVII, and the memories are strong. Additionally, expressing the world of FFVII using today's technology would certainly be interesting -laughs-." "However, FFVII still has many fans, We couldn't make a bad product. -laughs-"

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 01:17 AM
That's a sequel, not a remake. And they did so.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 01:19 AM
unless im mistaken, i thougth that interview was from this years E3, so they couldnt be talking about anything thats already being created.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Why would they be asking if the rumors were true when Square has confirmed it with Advent Children? That doesnt make sense to me. Regardless, notice they're talking specifically about sequels.

I also cannot find the text you quoted in that link.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 01:30 AM
yes sorry i was looking for the link from another forum, but i cant find the text either. ill look for it nonetheless somewhere else.

confirmed it with advent children? advent children is not exactly a ffvii-2, its a movie, not a game and is there not a remake NOR really a ff7 sequel (yes ac does take place later on and is a continuation of the ff7 story, but its still not a game). however, as it turns out, E3 2005 and this link have been mistakingly intertwined in several hundred (exaggerating, if you must know) websites, so yes, you are right. *goes off in a grump and has a ciggarette* :D

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 01:36 AM
It is, however, the equivilant. That quote was most likely taken from after X-2 was released, when everyone was wondering if any other games would recieve the same treatment. VII was the most likely candidate because it actually had an open ending, other games were all wrapped up quite neatly. AC is indeed not neccesarily an X-2 equivilant, but it is a sequel, and I dont see why people would be asking, currently, "will there be a VII-2?", when we have AC, DoC, BC, and CC.

Yeah, websites get kooky. I'll see if I can find the quote myself, in context, and we'll see what they mean and when it's from.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 01:42 AM
ok cool thanks. yeah also, what could have been an idea for FFVII-2 back then could have LEAD to AC very easily.

Squall of SeeD
06-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Here's the link:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/376/376879p1.html

I bookmarked that ages ago.

Anyway, it's from November of 2002. While Kitase did say that there were some folks interested in the idea, including Nomura, it should be noted that Nomura himself expressed the difficulty of such a project, as it would require remaking the thing from the ground up, and he said this in May of 2003:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6026421.html

Anyway, it should also be noted that it was nearly a full year after the interview with Kitase that Square-Enix announced Advent Children's existance. Game or not, Final Fantasy VII has its sequel with Advent Children.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
AHEM AHEM AHEM

I found the tech demo on gamefaqs, and I thought it was really cool. Wow, so those graphics utulise the game engine, huh? Wow. *Decides to get the PS3* btw, whoever complained about Aeris's face, hey, I thought they made her look sexy.

(About the remake, they should only remake it if the PS3 has even poorer backward compatibility than the PS2 did. Oh, btw, they did remake FFVI after the tech demo (FFA), but I don't think that's evidence to support that they will rerelease FFVII anytime soon. I think as soon as the backward compatibility goes away, they'll release another anthology FFVII, VIII, IX.

(Actually, I would like it if they rereleased their PSX games and have a deal where you replace your old ones that you may have scratched and miss playing them b/c you can't find the games anymore at stores. I want them to do that with Xenogears and FFVIII at least. I can't finish disc1 :( . Also, there are probably a bunch of people who want another FFVII.)

Squall of SeeD
06-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh, btw, they did remake FFVI after the tech demo (FFA), but I don't think that's evidence to support that they will rerelease FFVII anytime soon.

That's not a remake. That's a port. All they did was make the game playable on the PlayStation and added in a couple of FMVs, one before the game started, and one after it was beaten.

Destai
06-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Considering the ammount of sequels and prequels and a compliation dedicated to it I dont think a VII remake is unlikely or at least a re release.

Lord Magician
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Sony is acting like childs. If they wont make a remake, then microsoft XBOX 360 will work with square enix and make one. Then PS3 is screwed. :D lol.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
yeah i would so try and buy an xbox 360 if that was true. that would be the second console company they betrayed ^^ i remember being so annoyed when capcom decided to ditch sony and release two resident evil titles exclusive to the gamecube.

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 10:47 PM
It's not Sony. It's Square. Its their decision, and their deal.

And yes, FFVI was ported, not remade. A remake is a full graphical deal, like the remake of Wild ARMs that will be released soon. A port is the game with the same graphics (and usually a few extras) made playable on current systems. IV and Chrono Trigger were ports.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
i was talking about capcom not releasing titles on the playstation, it had nothing to do with square

EDIT: or are you talking to someone else? :confused:

TheAbominatrix
06-01-2005, 10:57 PM
I was talking to Magician. Sorry, I shoulda quoted :<3:

Croyles
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
ahh i see.
anyway, i guess theres no point in figuring out whether there will be a remake and better to just wait and see, after all, wouldnt it be a nice surprise?

P.S Abominatrix, your sig is depressing. :tongue:

Lord Magician
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Forget it. It may never happen. Too much work. :(

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Your too pessimistic.

It may very well happen, seeing as originally Square said there was no chance in hell, and now they're giving teasers.

Squall of SeeD
06-03-2005, 03:57 PM
It may very well happen, seeing as originally Square said there was no chance in hell, and now they're giving teasers.

A teaser would be not exactly letting on what they had in mind. Here, Youich Wada, Square-Enix's President, plainly stated that they have no plans for a remake. For that matter, a year or two ago, they said they wouldn't remake it so long as the original was playable on the current system. That's still in effect.

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Yup, the whole point was to show how much the PS3 is capable of.

Fonzie
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, it would be nice of square to ethier say its not comin' out for PS3 or it is, because these debates are driving me crazy :p .

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
You know they wont tell us those things. Advent Children was supposed to come how long ago? No details about it, etc...

But it would be nice ot have a definate answer.

Squall of SeeD
06-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Well, it would be nice of square to ethier say its not comin' out for PS3 or it is, because these debates are driving me crazy :p .

They did say it... right after the presentation of the Tech Demo. Square-Enix's President, Youichi Wada, immediately said they have no plans for a remake. I mentioned this before actually. o.O

His exact words were as follows:

"Please note that what we have seen is merely a sample and we currently have no plans of releasing a remake of Final Fantasy VII."

The debate was over before it began.

You know they wont tell us those things. Advent Children was supposed to come how long ago? No details about it, etc...

They've stated that Advent Children will be released simultaneously in the United States and Japan on September 13/14 of this year.

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 08:34 PM
They've stated that Advent Children will be released simultaneously in the United States and Japan on September 13/14 of this year.

Yup, over a year after it was originally supposed to be a released.

KoShiatar
06-03-2005, 09:57 PM
You know, originally it was 20 minutes long, so delays are welcome as long as they helped it grow into a fully developed story.

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 11:44 PM
The only debate here exists on the side of the people who refuse to acknowledge that Square has said multiple times that they wont be remaking FFVII. Its not about a bleak outlook on our parts.

Croyles
06-04-2005, 01:30 AM
but there are also those who are hoping for an FF7 remake SOME time in the future, doesnt have to be on the ps3 (and it wont be), like me.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Just b/c you want something to happen doesn't mean it will, and I think that general saying applies here.

TheAbominatrix
06-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Who said I wouldnt like a remake? I certainly would. But that doesnt mean its going to happen. As they say, wish in one hand, spit in the other. I'd like to see a remake, but that doesnt mean that when Square makes a tech demo and explicitly states there wont be a remake that I'm going to argue with everyone about it.

Croyles
06-04-2005, 01:58 PM
EDIT: I deleted this post because i couldnt be arsed to deal with this anymore. but Weimer, no one said anything about a remake having to be done just because they are hoping for it, and as it looks, nor did anyone really think that way.

Fire_Emblem776
06-06-2005, 03:57 AM
the demo just killed our hopes even now i am playing a new file in my emulator. And *sigh* so many things i never got....
damb you square!!
so in a few more years when (dare i say it) ps games no longer work..... :cry:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, that's what I heard. PSX's and PS2's were designed to have limited lifespans (probably b/c of the laser, as my PSX's laser what was died) so as to sell more units. This is unlike my NES and Super NES, which still work to this day. My N64 I recently found out doesn't work, probably b/c I hadn't played it in like 7 years.

Lord Magician
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
The bottom line is, that it's not going to happen, so keep dreaming. Think about it for a moment. How long will it take to make EVERY SINGLE scene in the game in to perfect graphics. How will the world map look, will you still be small, and the biggest problem of alll, how would they put voices for all the things in the game they say!!!!! It will take over 15 years to make!!!! So better stick to the original FF7, FF7:DC, and FF7:AC.

THE NERVE OF MAKING A DEMO AND THEN KILLING IT BY SAYING THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!! IF SO, THEY SHOULD OF NOT MADE THE DEMO AT FIRST!!!!! NOW THEY WILL BE FORCED TO MAKE A REMAKE THE WAY THEY WERE FORCED TO MAKE THE MOVIE!!!!

The end of my little anger speech. :mad:

§håd0w
06-08-2005, 07:59 PM
You're starting to contradict yourself buddy. Pick a side.

Lord Magician
06-08-2005, 08:07 PM
The answer is simple.......BOTH!!! :mad:

§håd0w
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
So you want it to be made, but in the same sense don't want it made?

If that's the case, I can see your reasoning behind and would somewhat agree with you but for different reasons.

Lord Magician
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
OK! OK! I have found a easy way to say it.

I want it to be re-made! But I know that it's not going to be re-made. So I gave up almost all my hopes. :mad:

§håd0w
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Accepted the truth you have.

Lord Magician
06-09-2005, 02:18 AM
No, my decision stands. I meant what I meant. :mad:

You can't play mind tricks with me. No Human can. :mad:

§håd0w
06-09-2005, 02:34 AM
I am a God.

Mind your tongue knave

Lord Magician
06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
.....WTF? Anyway...the point is, FF7 will not be remade but I wish it would be made. But the future has not been written yet. So we cannot be so sure yet. It may happen. :mad:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-09-2005, 06:08 PM
LM, are you two different people? As soon as you say "but," all of a sudden it's like you are arguing with yourself.

I think it's pretty definite (unless they lie) that they aren't remaking it right now. If they do remake it, it would require PS's with backward compatibility to become virtually extinct, or people from Square have to be replaced. Like Youichi Wada. New president who wants FFVII to be remade yields possibility. But both of these things coming to reality might be a really long time. Not that I want these things to happen. I think Square is fine the way it is, if it just made a game like Kingdom Hearts. I miss Yasunori Mitsuda, though.

Lord Magician
06-09-2005, 06:48 PM
LM, are you two different people? As soon as you say "but," all of a sudden it's like you are arguing with yourself.

I am more than two minds in one body. You are half right. :mad:

Croyles
06-09-2005, 07:39 PM
not to mention that people do change their minds, but yes, everyone is right to an extent and wrong to an extent, same goes for me.....*sees a paradox developing and goes crazy*

General-Beatrix
07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
My reply is a little bit late but Final Fantasy VII will eventually be remade into the next-generation gaming console. But, it might be a long before Square decides to do it because they already have things on their hands. But, eventually every Final Fantasy that Square made will be remade no matter who many times it had been remaded because people want video games to look even more and more realistic.

XxSephirothxX
07-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Put away the kleenex, people; I've got it on very, very good authority that the company is indeed bringing a visually updated version of FFVII to PS3.
Interesting, to say the least.

Shoden
07-17-2005, 08:04 PM
looks good hope it goes ahead

link to FFVIII tech demo plz?

Archangel10
07-21-2005, 06:51 AM
There making it. they use the movies and spin offs to set a make us remember the game and gain as much attention and anticipation for it before they release it. There is no way they would recreate the first fmv of the game without creating the game. besides thats not the extent of the PS3'S power have any of you seen the tekken images

TheAbominatrix
07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah you're right, they're totally making it, despite saying point blank that they arent.

And yes, you're right, there's no way they'd recreate an FMV of any game without remaking it, despite having already done so with VI and VIII.

Squall of SeeD
07-21-2005, 10:53 PM
There making it. they use the movies and spin offs to set a make us remember the game and gain as much attention and anticipation for it before they release it. There is no way they would recreate the first fmv of the game without creating the game. besides thats not the extent of the PS3'S power have any of you seen the tekken images

I swore I responded to this last night... oh well, I guess I forgot to hit "Submit Reply."

1) You have no evidence that it is being remade.

2) They recreated the ballroom scene from Final Fantasy VIII for the PS2, but it was merely a Tech Demo as this was, and Final Fantasy VIII has not been remade.

3) Yoshinori Kitase has already stated that the Tech Demo was a rush-job. They had about one month and a half to put together a demo from the PS3's hardware after they received it.

In any event, I fail to see what your point here was as "They weren't even trying" hardly suggests "Remake City!" In any event, like I said, they received the hardware with only a short amount of time to go.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-22-2005, 04:22 AM
Hey do you have a link to the ff8 tech demo? I haven't seen it before.

fantasyjunkie
07-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Man, my hopes were up for a FF7 remake. *sighs* :(

Fonzie
07-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Yes, that's what I heard. PSX's and PS2's were designed to have limited lifespans (probably b/c of the laser, as my PSX's laser what was died) so as to sell more units. This is unlike my NES and Super NES, which still work to this day. My N64 I recently found out doesn't work, probably b/c I hadn't played it in like 7 years.

Dude i fixed my Ps2 and psx by self and they now work fine. I'll tell you how to fix it just pm me. The laser took 10 min. to repair.

Duncan
07-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I liked the tech demo, and as a tech demo it was fine. However, I would not like the whole game remade like that. Why? It lost it's style, I loved they way that Could was modelled in KH, and in my opinion, that is how he should look if they were to remake the game. It's they way that he was supposed to look when FFVII was originally done (go look at all the manual art if you've forgotten). I don't see the need to change it so that he, Tifa, Barrett, etc. all look like regular ppl (to certain extent), we all know square's has the ability to do wonderfull graphics and make ppl look really good but to do that to the characters in the game just seems to me to be a disservice to the original.

Kami
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM
i read this in a game magazine at the houston airport on wednesday... at first i was like.. "wait.. ff7 remake? noo.... couldn't be!" but we had to go soon and i didn't have any cash on me so i didn't get to read the rest of the article.. love the graphics though. i'm planning on buying me a ps3!!

Shoden
07-31-2005, 10:49 PM
they should remake FF7 instead of all these friggin sequels Crisis core and Before crisis have no point what so ever AC and DOC i can understand but after DOC it should be it

square enix would make a hell of alot more money by remaking it

fantasyjunkie
08-01-2005, 12:00 AM
they should remake FF7 instead of all these friggin sequels Crisis core and Before crisis have no point what so ever AC and DOC i can understand but after DOC it should be it

square enix would make a hell of alot more money by remaking it
yeah they would, I bet the vast majority of people that bought and played FF7 would buy that remake.

DancingOnigiri
08-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Did somebody post on this yet or...?

There's actually been some discussion that Squeenix will invest some time into a remake.
AdventChildren.net (http://www.adventchildren.net/)
Scroll down to "More Hints at PS3 FFVII Remake."

Since Squeenix has noticed "feverishly positive" :exdee: fan responses, Gamespot.com said it really "wasn't a matter of if but when." They're not going to be working on it for some time, but the chances of it happening have increased exponentially. :D :D :D

How about a giant YAY!!!!!

Squall of SeeD
08-02-2005, 12:12 AM
What I find a little suspicious about that article (view it here (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/31/news_6130109.html)) is that the author doesn't clarify who the key statement came from:

As a result, provided fan reaction continues to be feverishly positive over the demo, and the very notion of a FFVII remake is certainly something Square Enix would bear in mind when planning future projects.

It's quite a different story if this is a conclusion that the author of the article has come to based on the conversation Gamespot had with the Square-Enix representatives from what it would be if it's something that they actually said.

Shoden
08-02-2005, 01:38 AM
i think it would be better for the sake of FF, FF7, and Square enix if FF7 is remade no more poxy sequels/prequels

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh, well, in that case, I hope they do remake it. I'll buy it no matter what. If it looks like Xenosaga (99% watching movies for hours, 1% gaming) and it's really long, I'll buy it. I'll buy it even if it's just a re-release, just in case my other copy stops working.

They have to let you rename characters, though. I'll still buy it if you can't, though.

EDIT: That's a good point, SoS. I see what you mean. Did it come from the Square rep or themselves?

Anaconda
08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I'll buy a copy for sure.

Mercen-X
08-02-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm gonna make the damn thing.

Kami
08-02-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm gonna make the damn thing.
hahahaha right... i wish they would hurry up and make it though... and shouldn't they know that sequels are a bad thing?? Bad square enix! bad! *pokes them with a stick*

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 08:11 PM
They know that, no matter what they do, fans will not be happy. If it'd been a remake instead of Advent Children, people'd be like "remakes are bad! We shoulda had sequels like stupid FFX!"

UWAOOOOU
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
They know that, no matter what they do, fans will not be happy. If it'd been a remake instead of Advent Children, people'd be like "remakes are bad! We shoulda had sequels like stupid FFX!"I think majority people who played VII are happy with the ammount of sequels and prequels. AC in particular. Sorry if I missed something since I havent been keeping track of the thread.

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Actually the majority of the people who've been vocal (not in this thread, in pretty much all the threads since AC was announced) on the subject have bitched about how Square has sold out, and how they only want our money, and all that. Search back through the AC and DoC forums to get an idea of it.

UWAOOOOU
08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Actually the majority of the people who've been vocal (not in this thread, in pretty much all the threads since AC was announced) on the subject have bitched about how Square has sold out, and how they only want our money, and all that. Search back through the AC and DoC forums to get an idea of it.I can remember alot more OMG I WANT THIS SO BADLY and I AM SOOO GETTING THE SPECIAL EDDITION posts than the occasional rant about how Enix ruined Square or Square is milking VII. I think those type of posts just stick out more.

TheAbominatrix
08-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Make your own judgement on the issue, but I've seen far more bitching, especially as more of the compilation is announced. Everytime a new game is out, more people bitch.

However, that is not the point. My point remains that Square knows that, no matter what they do, the fans will bitch about it. They'll still buy it, but they'll bitch regardless. If they get remakes, they want sequels. If they get sequels, they want remakes. That's how it works. They'll buy them all, but they'll bitch all the while.

Mercen-X
08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
It's always been my opinion that fans who bitch about the franchises they love because they think they've been ruined with sequels or remakes, those people aren't real fans to begin and should just shut the hell up.

Of course, it's different with George Lucas. He totally butchered the Star Wars experience that all fans were meant to enjoy. He's just a screw-up in his old age. Of course, he'll probably just blame it all on some dumb intern, but we know the truth.

I'd be fine whether or not they made a remake or a 50th sequel. If they don't make the remake though, I'm definitely going to make it myself when I'm rich enough. I'll also assassinate all the people who were foolish enough to doubt my power.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
08-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Just to make it clear, don't worry; I'm not one who is bitching. If the gamespot article is true, and there is possibility of there being a remake, then cool. I'll buy it. If not, hey, all the sequels and prequels are enough. I say, "Hey Square! These look so cool! Why didn't you do this sooner???" I'm a little perturbed about things like, FFVII BC being released on some cell phone only sold in Japan, but I say "Oh well." There are two movies and two games we still will have easier access to in the states, so let's be happy; remake or no remake. Oh, and Square has a 20 year history of releasing really good games (although, we'll see with the movies), so I wouldn't worry about the games stinking.

TheAbominatrix
08-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Well said, both of you.

silentenigma
08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Square knows that, no matter what they do, the fans will bitch about it.
Thats what loyal fans are all about.

Mercen-X
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Never heard that one before.

FFX_fanatiq
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
WE DONT NEED FAIRY TELL ENDINGS DAMNIT