PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 revealed

Pages : [1] 2

The Shoeless Hobo
05-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Okay, we've got our first communique and it's a whopper. According to our sources, the next Sony console will be called the Playstation 3. Not only that, we can now confirm that it will be out in the Spring of 2006. Wait! There's more. The PS3, as it will be known, will use Blu-Ray discs for its storage medium. The discs can hold 16 times as much as DV..

Hang on a moment, that information only seems to have been part of a carrier signal. Our techs have just decoded this:

The PS3's much vaunted Cell processor will run at 3.2GHz. While this sounds a similar speed to the 360's CPU, the Cell chip will actually be able to carry out a lot more operations per second. To Microsoft's 1.25 teraflops Sony counters with 2.18 teraflops of number-crushing power. With a teraflop being one trillion floating operations per second, that's a considerable difference in processing ability. The Cell chip will have access to 512KB of Level 2 cache, a standard amount for PC processors. The PS3 will have 256 MB of XDR main RAM which will run at a blindingly fast 3.2 GHz with a bandwidth of 25.6 GB per second. Running along side this will be a further 256MB of dedicated video RAM, which will clock at 700MHz, maxing out at a transfer rate of 24.4GB per second. Unlike the Xbox's shared memory Sony has decided to split the memory into two. This will have a number of benefits as far as reducing bottlenecks is concerned and should allow for some very fast data transfers. Although taking into consideration the sheer amount of data that hi-definition images with all the attendant buffing and polishing gamers will expect from the next generation the amount of space the PS3 has to play around with initially seems somewhat underwhelming. We are also able to peel back more of the secrecy that has surrounded the graphics chip that will push all those pretty colours and shapes onto your TV screen. The Nvidia-built Reality Synthesiser will run at 550MHz and will be capable of 128 bit pixel perfection. It will be capable of handling 1.8 teraflops. On top of that it will output to HDTV devices at resolutions of 1080. It's not surprising to learn that such power will require a lot of transistors, 300 million of them to be precise, which will initially be fabricated at 90nm. With an acronym that looks like this - RSX - the GPU driving the PS3 is apparently as powerful as two 6800s Ultras. For sound the console will pump things out in 5.1 channels and will be able to decode both DTS and LPCM. It looks like the CPU will handle all the sound duties as there's no mention of a dedicated sound chip in the tech specs, which you can find lower on down.

The Playstation 3 won't be a slouch when it comes to peripherals either. Featuring the ability to connect up to seven Bluetooth controllers as standard and boasting a total of 6 USB2 ports, the PS3 is geared up to utilise and talk to all sorts of different gadgets. The PS3 will naturally be able to use Memory Sticks, as will it be able to read Compact Flash and SD cards through appropriate slots. It looks like the PS3 is going to have more slots in it than Vegas, as it will also come with an SP/DIF optical audio connector, two HDMI ports for viewing pleasures and three gigabyte Ethernet ports. Even more intriguing is the support for a removable 2.5" hard disk drive. Whether or not this drive will ship with the console or be available as an extra is unknown. No doubt the Bluetooth will allow connection to all kinds of other gadgets. The PS3 will also be WiFi capable, so connection with PSP and other wireless devices is a given. It appears that Sony is emulating Microsoft in focusing more on the consoles possibilities as an entertainment hub. The PS3 will be happy handling such things as digital photo viewing, digital audio and video playback, (no word on streaming) video chat using an as yet un-revealed camera and internet access. Hopefully a Bluetooth keyboard will ship as an extra for the PS3, as the thought of trying to post in forums with a controller is not a pleasing prospect.

Using language that is shockingly similar to the unfounded hope surrounding the PS2, Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced the new console as a "Super computer for computer entertainment." Looking at those specs it's easy enough to let him have his moment of glory, but we should remain cautious about how easy it will be to tap all this power. So far Sony haven't let slip any indication at the price of the PS3, but whatever it winds up costing consumers the PS3 is sure to be an expensive piece of hardware to manufacture. Looking at the power of just the GPU alone it looks like Sony will be taking a massive loss on each piece of PS3 hardware sold. The two 6800 cards that the RSX is supposed to be on a par with would cost in the region of $1000 at retail. While the GPU itself appears to be little more than a 6800 running at extremely high clock speeds, the graphics chip alone is going to be worth a lot of money. Until more is known about the internal architecture of the PS3 it would be wise to try and keep our enthusiasm under control, yet it seems at this point in time that the PS3 is going to be a machine to reckon with, even without the marketing hype.

We've intercepted another batch of data, this time totally unencrypted. The Playstation 3 will be fully compatible with PS2 games and will be able to read all PS2 discs. However, it looks like compatibility with the first generation of Playstations is no longer possible. A number of developers have already tied themselves into working with Sony in making the new generation of games. GTA 4 has been confirmed as a launch title, an announcement that is sure to please gamers and stockholders alike. A partial list of other games under development was found by a dazed combatant that wandered into our listening post in search of some ear-plugs and a raspberry ice-cream..

Tekken - Namco
Killzone - Guerilla
Vision Gran Turismo - Polyphony Digital
Formula One - Sony Liverpool
Untitled Old West Game - Rockstar
Oh-Ni - Koei
Mobile Suit Gundam - Bandai
Devil May Cry 4 - Capcom
Super Gory Wolfenstein Style FPS - Insomniac (that one will be almost finished then)
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Konami
PYEdentify Voice Recognition Game - SCEA
Fifth Phantom Saga - Sega
Heavenly Sword - Sony
Warhawk - Incognito
Killing Day - Ubisoft
Motor Storm - Evolution
Our technical team will no doubt win an award for gallantry once the night is over as they've managed to capture a selection of images that show the world for the first time what the PS3 is going to look like. With curves that evoke a bygone era of technical beauty while retaining a forward thrusting 'air of importance' that demands to be acknowledged, the PS3 marks a clear departure from the rather utilitarian look of the PS2. The controller is a radical departure from the iconic Dual-Shock pad that has seen Sony solidly through two generations. If the PS3 looks like something that wouldn't appear out of place in Battlestar Galactica then the new controller would fit right in on the set of Barberalla. A devilishly bold style is complemented by a button layout that seems in proportion with the current controllers. Looking at the joypad it's hard to allow for trigger style controllers, unless they curve around much flusher against the base of the pad. Hopefully this will not be an admission that carries through onto the final product that will be hitting the shelves sometime next year. In fact, with a Spring release touted there could be around a year to wait before it comes out. There's every chance that the PS3 which will cause a stampede in 2006 may look somewhat different to the one we are seeing at a press conference in 2005.

PLAYSTATION 3 Specifications:

CPU Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)
Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB 2.5GB/s (write) +
2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance 2 TFLOPS
Storage HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP(r))
Network (over IP)
AV Output Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI HDMI out x 2
Analog AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio DIGITAL OUT
(OPTICAL) x 1
Disc media CD PlayStation(r) CD-ROM
* read only PlayStation(r)2 CD-ROM
CD-DA CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,
CD-RW
SACD SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD
DualDisc DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc
(DVD side)
DVD PlayStation(r)2 DVD-ROM
PLAYSTATION(r)3 DVD-ROM DVD-Video DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc PLAYSTATION(r)3 BD-ROM
BD-Video BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/16/technology/personaltech/e3_sony/ps3.jpg

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/TechNews/TechInvestor/2005/05/16/z051638A.jpg

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
That controller is just rediculous.I'm getting tendonidus just looking at it.

Raven Nox
05-17-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm not reading all that... can someone retell it in less detail? Just the gist? And... will the american ps3 be able to play japanese games, or I'm I gonna have to buy a mod chip for my ps2 and ps3?

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Looks good, I hope it sees a good deal of RPGs.

It's just the regular PS2 controller with slightly elongated tips and a somewhat more curved, sleeker design. Much better than that Xbox monstrosity.

My name is...something..?
05-17-2005, 07:03 AM
And... will the american ps3 be able to play japanese games, or I'm I gonna have to buy a mod chip for my ps2 and ps3?
Jeez, you're really into playing japanese games.

But it's unconfirmed. Chances are you'll still have to get a chip though.
That controller looks really misleading, if you catch my drift... :p

black orb
05-17-2005, 07:06 AM
>>> Whoa, isnt that too much for just a game console??
I bet I could even run photoshop on that thing.

Samuraid
05-17-2005, 10:19 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3
From E³ developers conference posted on Wikipedia.

Jack
05-17-2005, 10:19 AM
That controller... those hand grips are a bit long.
I mean, they may slip and like stab me if I lean forward.

However, like the PS2, it just looks like a box. Ableit, a grey box.

Rinen
05-17-2005, 12:09 PM
I've been waiting for this moment ever since Square shown the PSX in 03. I want one of those. Hopefully the PS3 will be grand. I wouldn't mind having one just to say I do have one. Maybe with the coming of PS3, they'll bring some of that technology and work on the PSX again, possibly for a re-release in Japan and a release outside of Japan.

Dreddz
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Looks great !
Gonna be way better than the Xbox
Now all Sony has to do is get Nintendo out of the way

Yamaneko
05-17-2005, 07:44 PM
If I were to guess how much it was going to cost at release, I would say between $300 and $400. Since it's obviously being designed for an adult audience, Sony knows that they will have the money to spend on their machine.

It looks awesome. I was checking out some trailers over at GameSpot. Killzone 2... wow... just wow. I'm really happy Sony has decided to make it backwards compatible all the way back to the PSX.

As for the financial burden that will be placed on Sony for selling the system for less than what it's worth, Sony is going to count on selling millions upon millions of these things to make a profit. I have a feeling they will. Well, less than a year. I can't wait!

DJZen
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I bet it's gonna be more like $500, possibly even more.

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
http://www.landofsunshine.net/shiftless/pft/0551.gif

Edit by Kishi: Tables, Joel.

Maxico
05-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Some of the technology demonstrations here are just amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/playstation3hardware/media.html

Especially the second to last one (the one with virtual Alfred Molina)

Rye
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
I like it already, it's shiny.

Erdrick Holmes
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
You can cover a turd in diamond dust, it's still a turd.

Maxico
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
OK, you've successfuly established the fact that you dislike Sony and the playstation Joel. You've also successfuly established that the opposite of a fanboy is just as annoying as the real thing.

ZeZipster
05-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Uhm... DVD RW?

JaytodaP
05-17-2005, 09:06 PM
I didnt get a word Shoeless Hobo said but lets see..........
get it now for $499.99!!! This increadible deal wont last long! Hmmmmmm. I might get it when my dad hits the lottery a few times while getting no birthday or christmas presents at the same time. i'll be looking forward to it!

XxSephirothxX
05-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I bet Sony will be willing to take a bit of a loss on the price of the PS3 because they'll be able to usher in the use of BluRay DVDs. That way they can make millions selling movies and make up the loss they make on the hardware. And Killzone 2 looks absolutely incredible. It's like playing a really good CG movie. I'd love to get one at launch, but right now there isn't a killer app that makes me want the system. Hardware wise, though, it's extremely impressive. I just hope it has the same online type of service (player profiles, etc.) that Xbox/Xbox 360 does/will have.

Old Manus
05-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I've had it for months but gotten bored of it.

Shoden
05-17-2005, 09:29 PM
all but the joypad are Great

CloudDragon
05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
It was under my impression when I read a few articles on it was that it WILL be backwards compatible with PS1 games.

Dreddz
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
You can cover a turd in diamond dust, it's still a turd.

Oh boy am I gonna enjoy Sony wiping Xbox off the Floor

TasteyPies
05-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Looks wicked expensive, no thank you.

Sounds like a $500+ piece of equipment.

Yamaneko
05-17-2005, 11:05 PM
It was under my impression when I read a few articles on it was that it WILL be backwards compatible with PS1 games.
It is.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-17-2005, 11:30 PM
If it's fully backwards compatible you can always trade in the PS2 to help defray the costs. Or the Xbox. After all, that oversized coaster can probably trade in for a good amount of cash.

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
WOW... XD I'm watching this on G4 right now! Sony has out done themselves! Even the graphics demo alone is amazing! Its almost like a Disney 3D movie! and its all real time! It would take my computer 5 days to prerender most of this stuff... and I have a good computer. XD
This is just the tip of the ice burg! It looks like FFX movies, cept its all playable graphics!!!!!

There is a LOT of features in the PS3 that Xbox really should have had. XD

Alice
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Since it will come in 3 different colors itll be nice to match it to your tv and what not, im going to get it in white to match imacs :)

(Black White and Silver)

Im gonna guess around 400$ really, the price wars is where its at now and could very well decide their fate! What Sony needs to do now is release it asap, cuz timing and pricing, is everything.

Raven Nox
05-18-2005, 12:44 AM

Yes.... yes I am... they should just have it could out pre-modded! Stupid American bussiness people only want Americans to use American things... grrr...

WOW... XD I'm watching this on G4 right now!

Ha ha! Me to! I loved the duckies!

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 01:13 AM
my question... will Sony learn from their mistake and include antilasing as one of the features? (or whatever its called XD)

Of course that may be an old idea now... so whatever... they better have filters or something.... Iono.

MecaKane
05-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Yes, Tidus Andronicus, they're going to have good graphics this time.

Yes.... yes I am... they should just have it could out pre-modded! Stupid American bussiness people only want Americans to use American things... grrr...

I think that's probably so people don't rush out and get the Japanese one at release, because if it could play american games anyway it'd screw up the american profits. But look at the brightside, if you're dead set on playing Japanese games, you can import a Japanese one and have that modded after the american one comes out. :eek:

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 04:10 AM
well, i knew that XD I was just thinking about if they'll do something about jaggy edges... though I am sure they will. XD

XxSephirothxX
05-18-2005, 04:13 AM
If you've seen any of the trailers, I don't think you can honestly worry about graphics. Killzone 2 looks absolutely incredible, but it's very, very hard to believe it's completely in-game.

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 04:40 AM
yea, lol I dont know if it is in game! but I want to beleive! lol

I would say that the explosions in that trailer DID match the graphics demos they showed at E3, so it would seem like they are legit graphics.

It appears that Sony is emulating Microsoft in focusing more on the consoles possibilities as an entertainment hub.

Actually, Sony's been planning that for their PS3 for a lot longer than Microsoft has been planning Xbox 360... so it would appear that MS is trying to emulate... xD

Raven Nox
05-18-2005, 04:51 AM
I think that's probably so people don't rush out and get the Japanese one at release, because if it could play american games anyway it'd screw up the american profits. But look at the brightside, if you're dead set on playing Japanese games, you can import a Japanese one and have that modded after the american one comes out. :eek:

Oh, I know WHY they do it, it's just annoying is all. I'll probably just get an American ps3 and mod it, a Japanese one will cost so much more then an American one, as Japanese prices are VERY high compared to over here. I wish they'd at least have games come with japanese options, they may have to add an extra disc to the releases, but it'd be nice. Or they could just release an english and then after awhile release a japanese version, it would sell, and the people not willing to wait for the japanese with subtitles would buy the english, it works out for everyone! (I wish...) I'm still modding my ps3 though.

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 04:55 AM
yea, lol I dont know if it is in game! but I want to beleive! lol

I would say that the explosions in that trailer DID match the graphics demos they showed at E3, so it would seem like they are legit graphics.

It appears that Sony is emulating Microsoft in focusing more on the consoles possibilities as an entertainment hub.

Actually, Sony's been planning that for their PS3 for a lot longer than Microsoft has been planning Xbox 360... so it would appear that MS is trying to emulate... xD

Actually, Xbox took the first steps toward a media center idea. Xbox 360 expanded upon those, and Sony implemented them as well.

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 05:03 AM
meh, I remember a long time ago hearing about PS3, WAY before I ever heard anything about the next xbox... Xbox 1 isn't much of a media center if you ask me...

but whatever... I'm just trying to remember

btw, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3 has more info than I ever needed. XD thanks for posting it here! lol

Oh yea! Has anyone else seen the tec demo of the PS3's voice and video recognition? They actually had characters in game respond to when you are in the eyetoything's vision, and then you can talk to them, and it seems extreamly intellegent!
Its almost like the next step to that japanese N.U.D.E. game! ^_^;

Maxico
05-18-2005, 07:16 AM
I don't think that Killzone is pre-rendered. If you look carefuly there are some cases of pop-up and the lagging sound.

DMKA
05-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Wow. I'm buying one as soon as FFXIII comes out.

Old Manus
05-18-2005, 07:45 AM
The bes time to sell your PS2 would be now as you will get peanuts for it once PS3 comes out.

DMKA
05-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Yeah...cause having a PS2 will be pointless with the backwards compatability.

But eh, I'll keep mine because I'm just ghey like that. :D

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Backward compatibility is great. :D

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 08:27 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/e3/2005/games/

Check this out if you have some time:
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748484.html

Eyedentify!
Its a new EyeToy game for the PS3 that will have voice recognition, and face recognition! Watch the video! ^_^
Sounds neat! and from what the video shows, it will be pretty smart as far as voice input commands will go. lol It even shows the player laughing with the characters, so I'm not sure how it works, but cool! XD
I really want this one!

**ShadowZone**
05-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Me thinks you can get it in 3 different colours
http://media.ign.com/thumb/112/1121277/e3-2005-ps3-official-20050516050620223_thumb.jpg
I think I will get the silver one though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html

Alice
05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
For those of us smart enuf, i traded my Ps2 in for the MINIps2, which will have a higher resale value, probably not very much, but an extra 15$ could make a difference in my case.

I always wonder though, what happens with all the old game machines, i hope people dont throw them away... :( There probably a huge landfill full of old ps1s and nintendos and segas... Id like to see some tradebacks for recycling!

Ofcourse i still have my ps1 and my ps2... i dont know if ill be selling them, u never know when ur going to need one. >.<

What I wonder is, will the ps3 be compatible with ffxi? i hope it is, i cant play it on my minips2 bcuz of a lack of hd, but if they actually let u play it on the ps3 ill start playing it, i do know that they r putting it on the xbox 360 now...

Destai
05-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Me thinks you can get it in 3 different colours
http://media.ign.com/thumb/112/1121277/e3-2005-ps3-official-20050516050620223 thumb.jpg
I think I will get the silver one though.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.htmlI like the white over the silver. isnt the text on the PS3 exactly like the font on the front of Spider man 2?

Alice
05-18-2005, 06:06 PM
yah whites pretty kick ass, but then again, if i didnt have corresponding hardware to match... it would kinda be dum cuz itd be so random. White matches the "mac" "apple" look, silver matches alot of tvs out there, and black matches most other sony products (the PSP) so there r logical reasons for each "color"

KuRt
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
SImply horrifying

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
I want the black PS3! XD

hmmm, I wonder how many people will be sucked into a PS3 reality cause of that Eyedentify game. XD

omnitarian
05-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Sony officials peg PS3 price at $465. :eek:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html

KoShiatar
05-18-2005, 08:38 PM
That's a lot of money but less than I expected. I might well want to buy it if it stands up to expectations. But only time will show.

Destai
05-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Check out the colours for the revelation/revoloution. I like the lime green, Its funky :p

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 12:09 AM
So appearantly everyone at E3 is saying that the PS3 will be backwards compatable to NOT ONLY PS2 games! It WILL (thank you god, or maybe I should thank Sony) It will play PS1 games as well!!

Thats what I was hoping for! ^__^/ I'm so glad Sony made this a feature! Which means we can dump our PS2s without worrying about not being able to play those PS1 games we love!

Alice
05-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Check out the colours for the revelation/revoloution. I like the lime green, Its funky
whats that got to do with ps3?

Fuzakeru
05-19-2005, 02:23 AM
So appearantly everyone at E3 is saying that the PS3 will be backwards compatable to NOT ONLY PS2 games! It WILL (thank you god, or maybe I should thank Sony) It will play PS1 games as well!!

Thats what I was hoping for! ^__^/ I'm so glad Sony made this a feature! Which means we can dump our PS2s without worrying about not being able to play those PS1 games we love!

Yes! I was just telling Luff-kun this. We can dump our PS2 to help pay for the PS3 ( -worries about the price!- ).
I think the controller looks a little odd but I have a feeling it'll fit very nice in the palm of your hands. Don't knock it until you try it. ^_^-

SNOOZER
05-19-2005, 03:19 AM
http://ff11-photo.gamers-online.net/joyfulyy/img/19901_1.jpg

That is the ugliest phone I have ever seen! ..... Huh? That's the PS3 controller? What the F---!?!

Yeah seriously though, that controller is ugly.

XxSephirothxX
05-19-2005, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it doesn't appear to be especially functional. I think they should have kept it more like the DualShock, but maybe but the analog stick in place of the D-Pad, so that the two sticks are on different axises.

Excelsior
05-19-2005, 03:48 AM
yeah, that controller can go to hell and die.

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 03:53 AM
whatever... I like the controller! x3
I think it will feel like the Dreamcast felt to hold, but thats just me. XD

I soooo want this. XD http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748484.html

DMKA
05-19-2005, 04:03 AM
I don't see a problem with the control...it's the exact same thing, just shaped a tad different.

I'm wondering though, with how these new graphics look...what will become of Japanese hentai/dating sim games. o___o

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 04:43 AM
It just means that those kind of games will look more like real Anime! or like that movie Appleseed!
http://www.appleseedthemovie.com/

3D anime will look like that on the PS3! ^_^

Destai
05-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Doesnt the text on the PS3 look like the text on the front of Spiderman 2?

Alice
05-19-2005, 05:18 PM
lol good noticing Destai, but anything as better than where they decided to put the XBOX 360's name....

I like the asthetics for the PS3 more than any other the others.

Destai
05-19-2005, 06:10 PM
This is scandelous omfg Xbox 4eva!!1

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
LMAO hahaha! it is the same font! XD

Look at the Ns and the Ys and Ts XD All the same!

Alice
05-19-2005, 11:33 PM
they r both owned by Sony so its logical... I guess... not too scandelous

Destai
05-19-2005, 11:43 PM
they r both owned by Sony so its logical... I guess... not too scandelousIm kidding :D
I'l never go over to the dork side that is microsoft

Alice
05-20-2005, 04:35 AM
oh thank you destai u scared me... I almost wanted to cry >.<

KuRt
05-20-2005, 12:09 PM
I just came up with the most horrifying question ever.. WHAT IF THE PS2 CONTROLLER WON´T WORK ON PS3?!
I mean, that controller SUCKS! if it doesn´t work, i won´t buy it. simple.

"Satyricon"
05-20-2005, 02:31 PM
ps3: 7x3.2GHZ(x box360 have 3x3.2GHZ), a graphic card twice as good as 2 Geforce 6800 ultra cards,2,5 hardisc entrence, backwards compatability, runs at 2.18 teraflops(x box360 runs at 1.15),DVD,u can record tv programs, load up ur psp in it, use psp as a remote controll for it,.. and some other stuff i cant remember

anyway i dont care what console is the best....i will buy ps3 only because of the games. the first tgames that will be released is mgs4,tekken6,devil may cry 4 and killzone 2

Destai
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
I just came up with the most horrifying question ever.. WHAT IF THE PS2 CONTROLLER WON´T WORK ON PS3?!
I mean, that controller SUCKS! if it doesn´t work, i won´t buy it. simple.Its a controller, its curved. Get over it :rolleyes2

Tidus Andronicus
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
yea, I'm pretty sure the PS2 controller wont work on the PS3, cause the PS3 doesn't appear to have the right slots on it. lol

Alice
05-20-2005, 09:25 PM
hm... i question... what about my ddr pad!?

Tidus Andronicus
05-20-2005, 09:41 PM
hmmm, I'm not sure about that... =/

I'm gonna see if I can get some extra large pics of the PS3 from a press site... I might be able to look closer to see if there are PS2 controller ports. But I didn't remember seeing them...

Added: Yea, I checked, and it doens't look like PS3 will support old controllers... =/
http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=image_gallery&album=37

specs:
http://www.ps3portal.com/?page=ps3_tech_specs
then compare them to Xbox 360 >=3
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm
If you know what all that means, then its easy to tell the PS3 is more powerful... LOL and it seems like Microsoft powered up a few things that didn't need it. XD Microsoft seems to list a lot of useless stuff, and then doesn't list the features that are not as impressive. LOL Silly MS, we know you too well for that to work on us!

Vaprice
05-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Gah that controller just looks so ghetto.....AZN.....style~~~ boo ya! xD I like how it looks, I like the specs as well.

Croyles
05-20-2005, 10:24 PM
nintendo and microsoft! your time has ended! muhahahahahahahahaha

KentaRawr!
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
The PS3 seems great so far! ^_^ But how will you reach the Analog Sticks on that Controller?

Croyles
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah it doesnt look too comfortable

black orb
05-20-2005, 11:46 PM
>>> What the smurf :mad2:.. Bastards!!. Screw you sony I`ll keep playing my PS1 games and maybe buy your cursed PS3 in 2010... :mad2: :mad2:

Croyles
05-20-2005, 11:50 PM
what did you expect for a machine thats more powerful than most computers??
thats cheaper than what the PS2 started out as, which was 300pounds which is something like $547

plus the price will obviously drop dramatically and fast, as it always does with consoles

black orb
05-20-2005, 11:55 PM
>>> And thats why I never bought a PS2 too, Just now Im planning to buy one..

Tidus Andronicus
05-21-2005, 12:41 AM
I think thats a decent price lol! and the 360 will probably be the same price. LOL

Don't dis the controller until you get a change to test it for your self... Sony knows what is comfortable... and they wouldn't make one that wasn't. lol That wouldn't be very smart of them, specially if they wanted sell more.xD
Who knows, it might be VERY comfortable... we'll have to wait and see.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-21-2005, 02:45 AM
can u play ps2 games and ps1 games in there??????????
and isnt the control with ppl with big hands??????

nik0tine
05-21-2005, 02:58 AM
The ps2 started out between 200 and 250 dollars. I have never seen a system that costs more than 250 dollars (not counting computers, of course). I certainly hope I don't have to pay four hundred some odd dollars for this thing. I don't want it THAT bad.

ShunNakamura
05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Well I believe it was mentioned but that thing, if I tried to make a computer wiht anything near those specs, has a heck of alot more then 400$ in it. That is prolly a steal considering what is in it.

Of course 400$ is far more then what gaming systems in the past were... these things are becoming more and more like computers each generation.

Excelsior
05-21-2005, 04:36 AM
nintendo and microsoft! your time has ended! muhahahahahahahahaha

yeah... uhm... :rolleyes2

anyway, i dont care if destai tells me to get over that controller, it looks like its gonna be hella gay. and uncomfortable. hopefully, the'll reissue it like they did with those crappy xbox piece of crap.

Tidus Andronicus
05-21-2005, 05:04 AM
lol, Like I said, I think it might be comfortable! ^_^; But if they aren't, I'm sure there will be plenty of third party controllers for us.

hmmm, wasn't PS2 $300 when it first came out? thats what I remember paying... meh

MecaKane
05-21-2005, 05:32 AM
PSX and Saturn were $500, canadian but the exchange rate couldn't have been 50%, when they first came out.

Alice
05-21-2005, 06:04 AM
anyway, i dont care if destai tells me to get over that controller, it looks like its gonna be hella gay. and uncomfortable. hopefully, the'll reissue it like they did with those crappy xbox piece of crap.

i didnt know controllers could like other controllers.... ill be sure to keep it away from my controllers, so that i dont see my controllers being homosexual.. COME ON: if your going to have a reason to dislike something try having actual fact and logic behind u...

ps2 was 299.99$ when it first came out in the US, i dont know internationally though. Im expecting the new one to be 399.99$, which is really 400... its a pretty logical price if you ask me.

Excelsior
05-21-2005, 06:57 AM
uhm...my reasoning for not liking the controller was that it looks like its going to be really uncomfortable. i mean, since i havent held it yet, i dont know, but i think the fact that it looks awkward to hold counts as reason enough. and i was not calling the controller homosexual, i was calling it gay. as in, the insult gay, not the common term for a person who is attracted to members of the same sex.

and i put that it looks uncomfortable in my post! so what are you talking about!?

Alice
05-21-2005, 07:50 AM
*rolls eyes* cuz when u say stupid stuff like: "it looks gay" u completely discredit urself for not properly using the word... lets not argue, im just telling you to be a bit more "factual" when ur talking besides using stupid biased terms... :P u could have made ur point just as simply by saying it look uncomfortable...

Dreddz
05-21-2005, 09:57 AM
calling sumin 'gay' is, and if im not mistaken, is the same as calling it
homosexual.
Quite offensive really to be using those terms for a controller.
Anyway...................Will the PS3 have any problems that the PS2 had like for instance the disc read error.
Has Sony noticed and said anything about it ?

MecaKane
05-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Nope, they said whatever problems the disk reader of PS2 had will be put right into the PS3.
Infact! In order to keep costs down they're going to use the lenses from all the defective PS2s they had sent it and put them right into the PS3s.

"Will the graphics be bad on the PS3, too?" "Will the PS3 have disk read errors, too?"
Really, I'm waiting for someone to ask if the first Final Fantasy on this will be as good/bad as FFVII or FFX.

Alice
05-22-2005, 05:04 AM
Nope, they said whatever problems the disk reader of PS2 had will be put right into the PS3.
Infact! In order to keep costs down they're going to use the lenses from all the defective PS2s they had sent it and put them right into the PS3s.

I highly doubt that... whered u get this info?

Really, I'm waiting for someone to ask if the first Final Fantasy on this will be as good/bad as FFVII or FFX.

Since the games for ff r not up to Sony and up to square i dont see a point in posting a question like this as far as gameplay/story and the real essense of a game goes, though it is logical to question the graphics i suppose, though it shouold be obvious that the games graphics will only get better

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2005, 06:19 AM
>>> What the smurf :mad2:.. Bastards!!. Screw you sony I`ll keep playing my PS1 games and maybe buy your cursed PS3 in 2010... :mad2: :mad2:

Wait until after the first Christmas it's out to buy one. We got ours for around US$125 because we waited.

Dreddz
05-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I cant wait !
I bought the PS2 the day after it came out.
Im worried, that ill be broke at the time. I had so much trouble getting the PS2 and was left in dept

Tidus Andronicus
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
For anyone that read that article on IGN that made the 360 out to be more powerfull, don't worry, it was just some bs MS put out to confuse.lol

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=909102863&topic=21114947&page=0
Read ArchangelMorph posts there, he has a complete analysis of Microsoft's lies!

"They are all based of mis-information or MS's own convenient estimations."
It gives a good description of what the numbers mean, and which ones MS just conveniently changes.

Hope that helps. lol If anything just don't bother with that IGN article in the first place... many other side by side comparisons are out there, and are a lot better! And they all show that PS3 has more power than the 360. ^_~

Samuraid
05-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Some of the stuff the author of that post said was true, but some of it was very biased toward the PS3. Try checking some other forums (ones that contain a higher percentage of Xbox fans) and you will see that others can evaluate the specs and show that the guy on gamespot was "wrong" on some accounts.

Is any standard forum user who provides an analysis possibly wrong or biased in some cases? (whether they be an Xbox, PS3, or Revolution fan) Absolutely.

Unbiased comparisons rarely (if ever) exist because everyone is at least slightly biased toward his or her favorite game system. Be careful when trying to refute a biased report with another biased report.

Frantt
05-29-2005, 01:55 AM
When i first saw it i thot it was some sort of "Toy" :mad:

Jakkko
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey the console in england is coming out in 2006 and the price tag £170-£200!!!!!!!!!!
I thought it was CHEEP wen i saw it,
The revolution said about £70-100
Xbox 360 said £100+

Tidus Andronicus
05-30-2005, 05:27 PM
If thats true, I'll have a heart attack!

I'd love for PS3 to be below $400 anything below 400 would make me happy!
lol

black orb
05-31-2005, 03:37 AM
>>> I would pay $400 only if they have this model.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/pS3.jpg

Croyles
05-31-2005, 03:46 AM
lol!! Yeah i could imagine that if no fans were included in the console that it could be rated as number one grill of all time. :D

KentaRawr!
06-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Mmm!! Sandwhiches...

What if the Controller is smaller than it looks? It should be easier to hold if it is small. But if they make it too small, then it will be hard to hold. o_O

Croyles
06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
What if the controller is actually a black hole to another dimension where ps3s live hunting dvds and gathering memory cards?

KentaRawr!
06-03-2005, 05:37 PM
On the other hand, what if the controller is smaller than it looks? o_O

Croyles
06-03-2005, 06:09 PM
well that would be good :thumb:

Battousai62
06-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Wow its amazing to see all the people that simply hate Microsoft and the Xbox 360. I love the FF series just as much as I do the Halo series. I am glad to see that the Xbox will have some good RPG's comin. With that fact I must say I am more excited about the Xbox 360 than I am the PS3. Whats up with the PS3's controllers-hideous.

Tidus Andronicus
06-06-2005, 10:52 PM
lol, as of now, all we know is that Square will release FFXI on 360 which will be old by 360 standards, and its not really that good of a game anyway...
That doesn't mean any other RPGs will be on 360... oh, Square might make an RPG for 360... but they said that FF will still be on Sony's system.
Besides that, I don't know of any other RPGs planned for 360... =/ And I still expect more quality RPGs from the PS3 than 360. :p

And stop ripping on the controller... its not that bad, and its still concept... more than likely they will be changing it, and I hope they show us the new design soon... so people will stop whining over it.

Battousai62
06-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Youre probably right TA. My xbox friends hate the fact that i used the s controller on xbox, i just told them it felt more like the playstation controller.

Matth
06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Tidus>>The new firm of Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mist Walker)will release two games on 360 : Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. It may be RPGs ! :)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-12-2005, 01:38 PM
It warms my heart that we're already seeing "WIN A FREE PS3!!!!" banner ads.

Battousai62
06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
So what do you guys think about the next-gen consoles now that Sony has stated that they wont be including a HDD and Nintendo stating they wont support High Definition. Seems to me that Microsoft is starting to pull ahead.

Tidus Andronicus
06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm still gonna buy a PS3 and I'll buy a HDD with it! XD
The HDD isn't a nessisary thing... its not even really needed for going online... and it costs more to put one in as default in the system... Since Sony chooses not to put one in by default, people that don't need it, don't have to pay for it now. lol Besides, if they put say, a 20GB HDD in the PS3 by default, then we are paying for something that we might not want, if we would rather have a bigger harddrive. Which is why Kutaragi said “no matter how much [capacity] we put in it, it won’t be enough.” Because some gammers would rather have a bigger one! lol

There is also take about running multiple OSs on the HDD, and being able to use that OS as you would on a PC! Which means PS3 will take us out of the gamming zone, and into the all-purpose entertainment/computer zone. lol And thats a major feature that the 360 won't be doing much in. The 360 won't be capable of half of what the PS3 will do! Not just talking out of box either, the possiblilities for add-ons and such are huge!

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000833046205/

And If I get a Nintendo, it will be for all the old games that I can download! ^__^/

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-13-2005, 07:52 PM
No one cares about stupid High Definition.

Battousai62
06-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Ya right with no hard drive standard that means that developers wont be making the games to take adavntage of that feature. This is going to hurt the PS3. I am not just a M$ fanboy but i believe Xbox has the advantage. Booyah

Samuraid
06-14-2005, 12:09 AM

"No one" being defined as people who haven't seen how good it is. :p Once you see something in pure HD, you can't go back. :D

Battousai62
06-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Ya man I have a high def TV and its awesome! Though mine is only a 27 incher it is still really nice, and therfore a huge factor in what consoles I do and do not buy!

Tidus Andronicus
06-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Not having a HDD included will make the PS3 cheaper at launch, which is a good thing. lol
Plus it also means that Sony can sell different versions of the HDD, maybe different sizes, or styles, or different things already in them. lol
I think it's a good choice on Sony's part.

And why would it stop developers from using the hard drive?? Thats like saying developers wont develope games for memory cards, cause no memory cards come with the console...
I think developers should just slap a "Uses Harddrive" label on the back of the games, just like the "memory card" label and the "1 or 2 player" label.
Doesn't mean you need the HDD to play, just that its a good option.
Why make people pay for a HDD when some might not use it. lol

Samuraid
06-15-2005, 01:20 AM
As long as certain games do not require the harddrive exclusively. If games exclusively required the harddrive, and the harddrive did not come standard, Sony and other game developers would be shooting themselves in the feet. Having games rely 100% on an optional peripheral is bad marketing and often results (as it has so many times in the past) in reduced sales.

Excelsior
06-15-2005, 04:12 AM

i know, seriously. saying the xbox 360 is pulling ahead of the PS3 and the Revolution because it supports High Definition is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard. no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either. the games are and have always been the only thing that matters. that being said, halo sucks.

Yew-Yevon
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
i know, seriously. saying the xbox 360 is pulling ahead of the PS3 and the Revolution because it supports High Definition is one of the most retarded things ive ever heard. no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either. the games are and have always been the only thing that matters. that being said, halo sucks. look...im a big time sony fan, and i think halo is highly over raited but its the best game the system has...i'v played halo2 and its fun on 2 player maches, but i agree that there are lost of better games. so lets cut xbox some slack...we dont want them to feel like their in the stone age.

Samuraid
06-16-2005, 12:56 AM
no one cares about your damn 5.1 surround crap, or your high definition either.

By 'no one' you mean yourself and a few others. Again, once you see HD or hear good 5.1, you realize what you are missing. :cool:

Battousai62
06-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Riiigghhtt? I built my whole room around my Xbox, so you can say whatever you want. And besides the FF series Halo is one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I am a huge sony fan but i believe that microsoft is just doing a better job.

KentaRawr!
06-17-2005, 06:43 PM
o_O I personally don't think that Surround Sound or High Definition is very important in a Video Game. But, I would assume that it is a very nice feature. ^_^

Battousai62
06-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Indeed!

Excelsior
06-18-2005, 07:28 AM
o_O I personally don't think that Surround Sound or High Definition is very important in a Video Game. But, I would assume that it is a very nice feature. ^_^

exactly. thats my point. sure its nice, but saying "O WOW TEH XBOX IS THE BEST CONSOLE BECAUSE OF 5.1 AND HIGH DEFINITION" is just flat out dumb, especially since the 360 isnt looking to impressive in terms of, well, anything else.

Battousai62
06-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Well that why teh xbox got my money. Theres nothing like the sound of rockets exploding behind you, and being able to snipe people from long distances simply beacuse you can see them better.

KentaRawr!
06-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I suppose you have your opinion. But, I still think that High Definition isn't all that important.

Battousai62
06-18-2005, 04:22 PM
No not to a fundamental gamist its prob not. But they are cool enough for me to drop teh money on a high def tv and surrond sound sysytem,(and i am a poor college student). Just wait till you guys see a FF CG in high def and surround sound. Especially when teh PS3 comes out, that is something I am looking forward too.
Besides what the point of the next gen consoles being super computers if your tv cant take full advantage of it?

KentaRawr!
06-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, I have never seen a High Definition TV, So I can't really say much.

Little Miss Awesome
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
It looks like a breadbin! I'm still going to buy one though :D

Battousai62
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Ya man you can't Really appreciate great graphics till youve seen them on an HDTV. It rocks.

Tidus Andronicus
06-21-2005, 07:27 AM
"Kutaragi also stated that he prepared three PS3 mock-ups for E3 in silver, white, and black. He settled on the silver one, after gathering a consensus from a variety of different developers and distributors."
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/20/news_6127799.html

awwww, crap... does that mean that we wont be able to buy the cool shinny black one?!?!? T_T
I still hope they release all the colors... Black was more popular than the silver... and if Gamecube can have multiple case colors... why can't PS3?

QUICKLY! Everyone! Send letters and emails to Sony if you want a color other than Silver! Or even send them if you think people should get the choice, like with gamecube... Let Sony know that it is good for more sales if they give us color choice!!

Battousai62
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Ya man I like black it rocks.

GoodCharlie2003
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh my god the playstation looks awsome!!! i can't wait to play it.

Excelsior
06-22-2005, 04:37 AM
ROFL LOL double post

Lady Selphie
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
hey guys I think this website (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27.html#C52) is nice :)

kikimm
06-27-2005, 08:10 PM
QUICKLY! Everyone! Send letters and emails to Sony if you want a color other than Silver! Or even send them if you think people should get the choice, like with gamecube... Let Sony know that it is good for more sales if they give us color choice!!

xD If only that was true. But even if the stupid thing was pink with purple polka dots or something, I'd still pay whatever the price is to get it, and I doubt that I'm the only one. Too bad, too. Although I domn't mind silver one bit.

:D

thinking of names is hard
06-29-2005, 06:28 PM
You can get black, silver or white i think. But pink with purple dots sounds nice...

kikimm
06-30-2005, 09:11 PM
And I've proved my point. :cool:

:D

KentaRawr!
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Teel please. Or Blue.

Anaconda
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Actually people whom own pretty awesome home theaters such as myself (not trying to brag) do care about high definition and 5.1 surround sound. I have a 65 inch Toshiba Widescreen and have played x-box games in 720p and it looks pretty damn good at that resolution. At 1080i or p that would be a bit better as well. Just another way to appeal to the people. If you don't have a high def tv or surround sound welll so be it its all what you like. But this is definitely a feature that I find lovely. :) Yes the games do matter quite a bit but features also are an additive to people whom find other things in systems enjoyable with partnering equipment. I sure wouldn't say not to it. Even if Xbox360 says they are better cause they have high def isnt even a legitimate arguement...PS3 will have 1080p support for just about all of its games which does push it up a notch. But 1080p tvs arent very abundant yet just a few models out there. It's supposed to be bit better than 1080i which they then use all scan lines instead of every odd/even or whatever.

But if you don't care about high def then you can disregard the whole thing. :) But some people do like it.

Battousai62
07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Thank you Anaconda!

Excelsior
07-07-2005, 04:26 PM
i guess. but it doesnt really matter, cuz PS3 has high definition, and its gonna kick Xbox 360s ass all over the place.

DJZen
07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
HD and Surround support are nice little features, it's definitely a good idea to include them, but it won't make or break a console. HDTV and Surround sound systems are still not universally owned so the segment that is able to use it doesn't make up all of the market. It's pretty silly to argue about it though since ultimately what makes or breaks a system is the games that are released for it. PS3 will have Final Fantasy, thus I conject that it will sell well. Even if turning it on causes it to explode and spray lethal bits of shrapnel everywhere, people will still want it.

Raistlin
07-13-2005, 07:44 PM
You people who actually give a damn about HDD are silly. That's like basing a game on graphics.

Excelsior
07-14-2005, 04:22 AM
You people who actually give a damn about HDD are silly. That's like basing a game on graphics.

jesus tapdancing christ i actually agree with raistlin for once. :p

Anaconda
07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes I agree that it wont make or break the system but it is definitely a great feature for those of us who do possess HD and also to those who don't since in the future more than likely they will pick up on HD sets. But how far in the future? It's hard to tell if they're going to really make everything HD...but it definitely won't happen in the next year or two as far as major broadcasting. HD content such as the new formats (HD-DVD and Blu-ray) will also be an additive to get people interested in HDTV units as the age progresses thus for consoles it would be nice to have the feature. Well we already know that Sony is going to allow 1080p HD in the games so it is now pointless to even argue about it.

I'll say it again it won't break or make the console as a whole. But it could more or less help the console a tad bit for when the future of 1080p sets arrive as well as when people get more into the HD era. The games and content is where it lies and thats what my main concern is. An increase in resolution also definitely helps whether it is on a gaming pc or what we will be having soon....a higher resolution capable console. :) But I do hear that the framerates might suffer due to the increased resolution of high def. Don't know if its true or if it will be noticable. Hmm but now that I think this a little further forth. The only way it would break it is that the feature is in the system resulting in a greater cost of the system to produce and thus price out for the public. It could also make it in a way but probably not as strong as the point of breaking it in that it will introduce people to the new format in that it is also a player (i believe) of blu-ray discs. Being that if whomever wins the format wars of HD movies here soon that could also substitute for a Blu-Ray (DVD HD whatever player). But the prices for the players themselves will already be in the range of the PS3 I believe. This will be a pretty desent subsitute for a player since it will have the ability that other players will have basically. Might want to correct me there. People do buy ps2's for their dvd functionality as well other than games. I've seen it before and they only use it as a dvd player and use it when the grandkids come over.

Bah. :) It will be a fantastic system regardless. I'll buy both. :love:

DJZen
08-03-2005, 09:13 PM
People buy PS2s just for the DVD function? That's like buying a computer just for the CD player.

Anaconda
08-04-2005, 03:05 PM
You didn't read my full statement. People use to buy the ps2 for the dvd player and to use when the kids are around to play games. :)

XxSephirothxX
08-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Actually, one reason the Playstation 2 did so well in Japan was that there weren't many (if any) low priced DVD players out there at the time of its launch. It's quite conceivable that some people bought it just for the DVD player, though much less likely in the US.

rubah
08-22-2005, 04:03 AM
I didn't buy a dvd player because I had the playstation.

My parents did, but it's relegated to another room.

FluroChoco
09-18-2005, 04:48 AM
YAY i love being australian

exchange rates gone so much in our favour recently :)

50 000 YEN is ~US$476

but is ~$615 AUS :) This is good because ps2 release price was AU$750. Means its gone down tons :D. What is ps3 : ps2 release price ratio in america? In aus its 1 : 0.82

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Sony's Blu-Ray technology allpws ps3 to burn dvds:D

Samuraid
11-23-2005, 03:59 AM
According to current information, the PS3 will not burn DVDs. Simply because an A/V device has a blue laser doesn't automatically make it able to write discs.

However, seeing that Blu-ray is a new standard, just the fact the PS3 it plays blue laser discs means a lot. Not to mention that it also plays MP3, DVD, all blu-ray formats, and SACD. I'm not into consoles that much personally, but the PS3 media support alone makes me interested in getting one in the future.

krissy
11-23-2005, 04:29 AM
wow it plays ps1 games
thumbs up

ISRviper
11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
If Sony wanted.. they could put all the PS1 games on 10 blu-ray cd's and release them with the ps3.

Markus. D
12-15-2005, 05:14 AM
mmmm, i will pay whoever much cash just to play DMC4

dynek
01-09-2006, 08:33 PM
what i can say... ps3 is just great i hope that ps3 console beat xbox360...

Samuraid
01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
If Sony wanted.. they could put all the PS1 games on 10 blu-ray cd's and release them with the ps3.
It would take a lot more than 10. Keep in mind that 1 Blu-ray disc holds roughly 75 CD-ROM discs.

It will be interesting to see which system is the most power efficient. Xbox 360 already draws over 160W continuously, hence the huge power supply.

Yew-Yevon
01-10-2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.games-digest.com/2005/09/ps3_to_get_keyb.html

what do you think this will effect?

krissy
02-12-2006, 05:59 AM
porn sites mostly

Samuraid
02-15-2006, 06:39 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=819

Playstation 3 HDD will be an accessory.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Lame.

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Mircosoft made the HDD an accessory but now they have started to announce HDD required games. I don't think a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty 20 gig hard drive is that much to ask. It really shouldn't be adding that much to the price anymore. It is just bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to me now.

Sir_Auron
02-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah.. < Coughs > The PS 3 Looks Great N all That Stuff. But Have You Seen The State Of The Joy Pads... FRICKIN HELL FIRE, NO WAY.. They Remind Me Of A Certain Other Thing.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Really? This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything bad about them.

Sir_Auron
02-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Oh, Well, It looks Like.. A D.I.L.D.O < Excuse My French > Not That, Thats A Bad Thing, Right?

PATRIHE2001
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I'M NOT BUYING PLAYSTATION 3 , I'M WAITING FOR PLAYSTATION 24 IN THE YEAR 3000

PATRIHE2001
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=819

Playstation 3 HDD will be an accessory.

YES UNTIL IT BECOMES A NECESITY

KentaRawr!
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
People buy PS2s just for the DVD function? That's like buying a computer just for the CD player.

I thought it would be cool to have a CD player with a monitor, okay!?

Dreddz
03-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Delayed till November, awwwww man. A worldwide release is pretty cool though.
Sony have snubbed us though, people who thought that the PS3 will be region free are wrong. They are making it there priority to not let this crime continue.Meaning, It'll be harder for me to import. grrrrrrrrrrr

FF1337Cloud
03-16-2006, 05:14 AM
reserve while u can. cuz ppl like me mass buy like 4 and sell at triple price on ebay :D

Dreddz
03-25-2006, 11:30 PM
The PS3 is region free
There has to be a God, or is it just Karma kicking in ?

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I am not getting one.

From IGN.com

here is the link: gear.ign.com/articles/700/700258p1.html

Sony Slips PS3 Price
French VP drops the big news.
by Gerry Block

April 5, 2006 - The word is out. Yesterday, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe George Fornay let the PS3's European price slip. According to Fornay, the PS3 will cost between 499 and 599 euros. That translates to between $613 and $736 for us in the States.

Sony has been saying that the PS3 will be expensive for months now, and Fornay followed up his blunder by insisting that these price points are a quality deal for a Blu-ray player. Nevertheless, all previous attempts at selling videogame consoles at this price point have been rather dramatic failures, even when the systems incorporated 'new' multimedia features.

There may be some hope for lower price points in America. The European market generally gets screwed in consumer electronics, like the $299 iPod selling in Europe for 299…euros. That's a huge difference. Will we see the PS3 launch in the States at $499? Let's hope so, or else we'll be looking at the 360 to carry the industry for the next 5 years.

Sony has recently stated that Fornay was making completely personal statements and speculation, and that the announcement is in no way official. On the other hand, they said the very same thing after Sir Howard Stringer, President of Sony, let slip to Variety, of all places, that the PS3 would be delayed until this fall. It would seem that Sony executives need a refresher course in minding their tongues when speaking to the press.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
April 5, 2006 - The word is out. Yesterday, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe George Fornay let the PS3's European price slip. According to Fornay, the PS3 will cost between 499 and 599 euros. That translates to between $613 and $736 for us in the States.
[/QUOTE]
........613-736? freek tht

-Red XIII-
04-06-2006, 10:04 PM
how much will it cost...

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Read 2 posts ahead.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
ummmm u meen back, dude

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
The posts on top of his.

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Thats not the definite price by the way. Sony has even said they havent mentioned a cost yet. Thats a guess. I reckon we'll see it not as expensive as people state.
I reckon.......$ 499 in US, and £ 400 here in the UK. Everywhere else doesnt matter.
But think about it this way, when they claimed that the PSP would go for $ 400, well, we all know it didnt.
Oh, and people dont seem to realise why its going to be expensive. The Blue-Ray functions will make the machine so damn good you wont believe it.
Seeing as the PS3 will be a Blu-Ray player as well as a console. Its going to be a bargin that you are getting the two in one. I mean, do you lot know much Blu-Ray players go for ?
Answer : Alot

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/
Just look at the prices of these machines.
Even if the PS3 was $ 1000. It would still be a bargin for what your getting.

Also, you Americans should consider yourself lucky, the real victims are us in the EU who have to pay more for these machines than you lot do.

KoShiatar
04-08-2006, 10:11 PM
It costs way too much. Why would I want to spend all that money when I could have a new computer with it? I hope the price goes down by a lot eventually, or else no PS3 for me.

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I cant believe no one is getting excited over the fact that the PS3 will be region free. The only console out of the big three that will have no region lockings.
Eat dust Nintendo, PS3 is going to storm the Industry.

KoShiatar
04-08-2006, 10:45 PM
So is it official? Is it totally region free? Nobody cleared this up, so far i only heard rumors.

Dreddz
04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Better believe it
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

Fithos
04-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Im just curous, why would it really matter if it played blue-ray discs. I mean ya they can hold a lot of memory, but the only use i can think of for that much money would be like... storing your entire hard drive on. so why would it be usefull for a system that may not ever use the full potential. im not saying sony is wrong, im just wondering what they are going to do with ble-ray discs that they cant do with normal discs. maybe they have some really good ideas on what to use it on and i just havent herd them yet, but it really seems to me like their is going to be all this extra money spent on something that will rarely be used to its full potential. if someone could enlighten me, please do so.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
no load times or something ring a bell

Fithos
04-09-2006, 11:55 PM
ummm.... not really, i seem to remember hearing that the load times are longer on blue-ray.

Dreddz
04-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Blu-Ray supports true HD, so you get better everything than a normal DVD. And there storage capacity is huge compared to normal DVDs.

Samuraid
04-10-2006, 12:55 AM
There are still load times. Blu-ray disc read speed is between 36Mbps and 72 Mbps (4.5MBps to 9MBps) which is equivalent to about an 8x DVD-ROM drive running at full speed. For comparison, the PS2's DVD-ROM drive runs about 1x - 2x on average.

(Note: This is based on current Blu-ray technical information. The actual disc speed may be different when the console releases.)

Kyros
04-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Has anyone else heard that Sony officially stated the ps3 will be $750 bucks?! wtf *tards out* My friends have been going crazy over this >.<

Samuraid
04-12-2006, 06:40 AM
They cannot hope to sell at that price and win the console war. I would guess that the launch price will be considerably less. The $500 range seems fair enough, given that the PS3 will play Blu-ray discs, which alone is a moderately expensive feature.

Maxico
04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Has anyone else heard that Sony officially stated the ps3 will be $750 bucks?! wtf *tards out* My friends have been going crazy over this >.<

No, because as far as I'm aware they havn't.

George Fornays (who works for SCEE) said what many believed to be confirmation of the price. But that turned out to be a mistranslation (http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/07/sony-says-georges-fornays-499-to-599-euros-a-mistranslation/).

Kyros
04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
It's still retarded they haven't even released a price yet -_-; Sony makes a habit of underpricing some of its stuff to sell more then makes up for it in other areas. They can afford this easy cuz it's such a big company

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd say the max price would be £500. Though I doubt that, it'll probably be the usual £300.

a nirvana fan
04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
It will be a lot more than 300 pound, mark my words. Its the PS3! Predicted to be 10xs better than Xbox 360 and Revolution, so Im guessing its going to be about 450 - 550 pounds.

Maxico
04-16-2006, 01:36 PM
It will be a lot more than 300 pound, mark my words. Its the PS3! Predicted to be 10xs better than Xbox 360 and Revolution, so Im guessing its going to be about 450 - 550 pounds.

No and no.

It will probably be on par with the Xbox 360 and be priced competitivly at around £300 in the UK, even if it's at a loss. Just like every other console Sony has released.

Ballistix Man
04-16-2006, 02:10 PM
No and no.

It will probably be on par with the Xbox 360 and be priced competitivly at around £300 in the UK, even if it's at a loss. Just like every other console Sony has released.
No its will be atleast 400-500 bucks

Maxico
04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
No its will be atleast 400-500 bucks

And your source/reasoning for that claim is?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I'd say the max price would be £500. Though I doubt that, it'll probably be the usual £300.
max 500? i wish

Ballistix Man
04-20-2006, 01:38 AM
The technology and services this will ahve are way too big for them to sell this for anything lower than 400 dollars.

Maxico
04-20-2006, 01:50 AM
But Sony have classically sold their consoles at a loss. Meaning that it costs them more to actually make the console than they sell it for.

The idea is that they get that money back selling licensing to developers.

Sony did this with the PS1 and PS2 and SCEI is one of the two highest earning deivisions of the Sony corporation.

It will be priced competitivly.

DeathKnight
04-20-2006, 02:12 AM
$550-$600:tonberry: I'll get it no matter what *smiles* the more it costs, the more chances I have of getting one:D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2006, 02:15 AM
y?

Ballistix Man
04-20-2006, 02:28 AM
Honestly they are at a loss at 500 dollars.

Raistlin
04-20-2006, 02:51 AM
It doesn't matter, since they'll take whatever loss they need to in order to price the PS3 competitively. They will take a $300+ hit per unit sold.

Samuraid
04-20-2006, 05:50 AM
If it means selling more and making a lot of money back from licensing fees for all the games released on the console, Sony will most certainly take the initial loss.

Just about every game console manufacturer takes a loss initially when releasing a console.

ljkkjlcm9
04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Just about every game console manufacturer takes a loss initially when releasing a console.

Not Nintendo.....

THE JACKEL

Old Manus
04-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Who cares about the price, nobody is going to be able to get hold of one before the price drops anyway.

Kyri
04-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure if someone asked before, but I don't really feel like reading ALL the posts. I was wondering if you can plug your ps2 controller in the ps3. Not because I don't like the ps3 controller but because I want to know if I can still uses my DDR Dancemat on the ps3. I don't want to trade my ps2 and not be able to play DDR.

Dreddz
04-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Hmmm, probably. The PS2 can use PSX controllers.

Ballistix Man
04-20-2006, 11:41 PM
New info. Dunno if its been posted yet. PS3 will feature 60 GB Harddrive and a service to download PS1 games. This will be the same service planned to be used on the PSP.

Yew-Yevon
04-21-2006, 06:00 AM
I still want to see a side by side comparison of MS & Sonys chip sets in action (this constant debate about graphics gets realy anoying so I just want to try and clear it now.)

DeathKnight
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
New info. Dunno if its been posted yet. PS3 will feature 60 GB Harddrive and a service to download PS1 games. This will be the same service planned to be used on the PSP.

Old news! but I'm HAPPY! that the HDD drive will come with ALL PlayStation3's and not SOME or Separate.

I'm not sure if someone asked before, but I don't really feel like reading ALL the posts. I was wondering if you can plug your ps2 controller in the ps3. Not because I don't like the ps3 controller but because I want to know if I can still uses my DDR Dancemat on the ps3. I don't want to trade my ps2 and not be able to play DDR.

PlayStation3's controller will have the same buttons as PlayStation2's controller, so you don't HAVE to use PlayStation2's controllers. And no, the PS3 WILL NOT have controller ports which means that you can't plug PS2 controllers.:tonberry: :tonberry: :tonberry:

Who cares about the price, nobody is going to be able to get hold of one before the price drops anyway.

I AM! *grins*:D

y?

The less people who can buy thet PS3, the more chances of PS3 NOT being sold out everywhere. So it gives me a chance to buy one:D :up: But I better be careful to get home SAFELY! lol

You should know by now that you don't post twice in a row, much less four times. Don't do it again.

~Void

Mirage
04-21-2006, 05:40 PM
They'll never sell it to a price that can't compete with the XB360.

DeathKnight
04-22-2006, 04:18 AM
They'll never sell it to a price that can't compete with the XB360.

360's barely doing well, I mean it's not like it can compete with SONY and Nintendo. 360 is the death of Microsoft(video games) and its crappy systems.

MecaKane
04-22-2006, 04:27 AM
That's what excitable nerds said about Xbox, several years ago.

DeathKnight
04-22-2006, 04:40 AM
That's what excitable nerds said about Xbox, several years ago.

Yeah....but this time it's different. Microsoft CANNOT Pwn SONY and Nintendo is bringing back the classics, new controller, and ONLINE PLAY! Microsoft is going DOWN:D :up:

Samuraid
04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
On the contrary, while I don't specifically support any of the console manufacturers in particular, Microsoft has their game figured out better this time around.

NeoCracker
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
With the exception of the systems completely crashing to the point you can't play them, some systems that even if they are set up straight it won't read the disks. True new systems usually have a few bugs to work out, but the 360 got to the point it was a joke.

Samuraid
04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately stuff like that happens. :( Similar hardware design flaws affected the PS2 as well for the first model iterations.

Nintendo seems to have faired the best with hardware reliability and durability out of the 3 main console developers.

Dreddz
04-22-2006, 10:58 AM
The 360 is only half of what MS were trying to achieve. I expect in the next year the 360 could do so much more than what we expected, it could easily rival the PS3 or Rev.

DeathKnight
04-22-2006, 11:34 PM
On the contrary, while I don't specifically support any of the console manufacturers in particular, Microsoft has their game figured out better this time around.

How???? *looks around* Halo???........what else???? Halo?....what? what else? Halo...is the only thing we remember and know 'bout Microsoft.

The 360 is only half of what MS were trying to achieve. I expect in the next year the 360 could do so much more than what we expected, it could easily rival the PS3 or Rev.

Not really, if you think 'bout it, XBOX survived because of its graphcis Now with PS3 having better graphics it won't survive AT ALL! and Let's not talk 'bout Nintendo(brining the classics back, Online Play, Zelda, Mario, and all of that). Microsoft has no chance.

Samuraid
04-23-2006, 12:34 AM
How???? *looks around* Halo???........what else???? Halo?....what? what else? Halo...is the only thing we remember and know 'bout Microsoft.
I'm not referring simply to games. When I said "their game", it referred to their strategy and objectives, their gameplan (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=game%20plan), if you will.

When Xbox first released, it did have the most powerful hardware, but developer support was slow, Xbox Live was nearly nothing, and Microsoft spent a lot of money on expensive hardware licensing and advertizing to get their first console off the ground.

This time around, they not only have a rich developer base already in place and a more efficient hardware supply line, but also an Xbox Live network with multi million subscribers already in place as well as a well-known name (even amoung people who prefer other consoles).

I'm not stating any opinions here, these are just simple facts. Starting a console for the first time takes a lot more resources than continuing a console lineup on an existing basis. Thus, Xbox360 has a better chance of surpassing the Xbox and a better chance of strongly contending in the console market.

Ballistix Man
04-23-2006, 05:11 AM
I'm goin off word of mouf. But from what Ive heard PS3 is harder to develop for than the 360.

Mirage
04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, it took only two months getting the Unreal Engine 3 up and running on the PS3 development kit, so I dunno.
Source: http://games.kikizo.com/news/200512/083.asp (watch the video named "Unreal Demo Realtime")

Samuraid
04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
From what I've heard, it's not as hard as some reports made it out to be. Besides, this time Sony has utilized a number of well-known software libraries in their software development kit, which should give game developers a more familiar basis for writing software.

DeathKnight
04-23-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm not referring simply to games. When I said "their game", it referred to their strategy and objectives, their gameplan (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=game%20plan), if you will.

When Xbox first released, it did have the most powerful hardware, but developer support was slow, Xbox Live was nearly nothing, and Microsoft spent a lot of money on expensive hardware licensing and advertizing to get their first console off the ground.

This time around, they not only have a rich developer base already in place and a more efficient hardware supply line, but also an Xbox Live network with multi million subscribers already in place as well as a well-known name (even amoung people who prefer other consoles).

I'm not stating any opinions here, these are just simple facts. Starting a console for the first time takes a lot more resources than continuing a console lineup on an existing basis. Thus, Xbox360 has a better chance of surpassing the Xbox and a better chance of strongly contending in the console market.

Facts which were twisted.

We all KNOW XBOX is the next Dreamcast (Microsoft's going on the same path Sega went on):tonberry: C'mon, just because they survived the 1st time means NOTHING.

And you say they have a strong developer base???? pfttt, with which games? just because they have SquareEnix, Capcom, etc. doesn't mean anything, in the end, they won't get FFXIII or Devil May Cry:chuckle:

So no, Microsoft MAY survive this 2nd time around, but just barely hanging on, by the 3rd time, they'll loose all appeal:tonberry:

Dreddz
04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Xbox still has a strong fanbase. What, they might not get Devil May Cry or FFXIII, but they will get Halo 4, Shenmue III, PG4 etc
So software isnt a problem. The 360 is going down the right path this time. Its the first next gen console. And the reason why it isnt selling amazingly is due to its price. But by the time the PS3 comes out, the price will drop. And then comparing it to the PS3's price. It will seem like the obvious choice to go for.

Im not an Xbox owner. And dont have any plans on getting one. But I do think the 360 could turn into a success. And so what if it fails, MS wont quit with all the money they have.

DeathKnight
04-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Xbox still has a strong fanbase. What, they might not get Devil May Cry or FFXIII, but they will get Halo 4, Shenmue III, PG4 etc
So software isnt a problem. The 360 is going down the right path this time. Its the first next gen console. And the reason why it isnt selling amazingly is due to its price. But by the time the PS3 comes out, the price will drop. And then comparing it to the PS3's price. It will seem like the obvious choice to go for.

Im not an Xbox owner. And dont have any plans on getting one. But I do think the 360 could turn into a success. And so what if it fails, MS wont quit with all the money they have.

They'll quit when they stop getting support from developers.

Funny, I used to hear "Dreamcast will do well because it's the first 128bit system and Sega's an appealing company and it has a BIG FANBASE" Man it just sounds so SIMILAR to what you just said:D ANYWAY, 360 will NEVER dominate SONY, and Revolution being the cheapest one leaves 360 out there wondering in the air. It's easy my friend:

Think 'bout it, who the hell really cares 'bout Halo?(which is the only CRAP Microsfot has going for them) and Shenmue??? pfffttt it was BARELY noticeable on XBOX, PG4???? don't know that game.

Now you think 'bout Final Fantasy! and Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo, God Of War, Metal Gear Solid, Dragon Quest now those are games people want.

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Well a lot of people love Halo, it was one of the Largest Games on the consols, so yes, many people cared about Halo. They had quite a few other huge title games also, such as KOTR 1 and 2, Morrowind, and a few others I can't think of right now. In addition this time around they are getting support from Square with FF XI added to their games, also other companies from japan are gaining more interest and releasing 360 games now, so as far as games go the number the 360 will have will most likely go up in value. And to say people won't care about a 360 isn't right, look how much people wanted them during the holiday season, people were paying over a thousand dollars for them off ebay. So this system is definately a desired one which a much better standing than some like Sega HAd.

MecaKane
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Grow up guy, Xbox 360 is going to be inferrior to PS3 yes. But it's not going anywhere.

Dreddz
04-23-2006, 09:36 PM
They'll quit when they stop getting support from developers.

Funny, I used to hear "Dreamcast will do well because it's the first 128bit system and Sega's an appealing company and it has a BIG FANBASE" Man it just sounds so SIMILAR to what you just said:D ANYWAY, 360 will NEVER dominate SONY, and Revolution being the cheapest one leaves 360 out there wondering in the air. It's easy my friend:

Think 'bout it, who the hell really cares 'bout Halo?(which is the only CRAP Microsfot has going for them) and Shenmue??? pfffttt it was BARELY noticeable on XBOX, PG4???? don't know that game.

Now you think 'bout Final Fantasy! and Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo, God Of War, Metal Gear Solid, Dragon Quest now those are games people want.
Well, my guess is that you dont own an Xbox. So you have never played any of those games I mentioned. So you cant say there none noticable games, cause in the Xbox world, there massive. PG4 is Project Gothem 4 by the way. And they are getting lots of decent games. Oblivian being the recent hit.
Im not saying that the 360 is going to be the best, I still reckon Nintendo will beat the 360. and the PS3 beat both of them, its just you cant say the 360 isnt getting any games and is getting no intrest as it most definately is. The 360 is an American console, so it will take time for Japanese developers to give the console more attention.

Oh, and one more thing. Dreamcast > GC, Xbox, PS2

Samuraid
04-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Facts which were twisted.

We all KNOW XBOX is the next Dreamcast (Microsoft's going on the same path Sega went on):tonberry: C'mon, just because they survived the 1st time means NOTHING.

And you say they have a strong developer base???? pfttt, with which games? just because they have SquareEnix, Capcom, etc. doesn't mean anything, in the end, they won't get FFXIII or Devil May Cry:chuckle:

So no, Microsoft MAY survive this 2nd time around, but just barely hanging on, by the 3rd time, they'll loose all appeal:tonberry:
In what ways are the facts twisted?

We all KNOW XBOX...
No we don't all know. That is simply a statement of your opinion. There's a big difference between opinion and fact. I stated facts, simple unbiased facts. I honestly couldn't care less if any of the consoles lived or died.

And you say they have a strong developer base???? pfttt, with which games?
They do in fact:
http://developers.teamxbox.com/
I'm not sure where you are getting these ideas. :greenie:

The truth of everything is, you could be right. The Xbox360 (or its successor) could fail, but regardless, it doesn't behoove you to bash it without doing any research. You have yet to state any compelling and accurate evidence for it failing.

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 06:05 AM
In what ways are the facts twisted?

No we don't all know. That is simply a statement of your opinion. There's a big difference between opinion and fact. I stated facts, simple unbiased facts. I honestly couldn't care less if any of the consoles lived or died.

They do in fact:
http://developers.teamxbox.com/
I'm not sure where you are getting these ideas. :greenie:

The truth of everything is, you could be right. The Xbox360 (or its successor) could fail, but regardless, it doesn't behoove you to bash it without doing any research. You have yet to state any compelling and accurate evidence for it failing.

Man, I don't know how you can HONESTLY say I haven't stated accurate evidence for it failing, you can either read my posts again or just watch how BADLY it's gonna do in 2007:) . Those are my last words or sentences or whatever.

Ballistix Man
04-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Man, I don't know how you can HONESTLY say I haven't stated accurate evidence for it failing, you can either read my posts again or just watch how BADLY it's gonna do in 2007:) . Those are my last words or sentences or whatever.
You posted evidence for one of your claims that isnt the bias you continually tell people there opinion is made of? Alert the freakin media.

Samuraid
04-24-2006, 06:22 AM
I just reread your posts, and basically all you used as 'evidence' was a list of specific games you obviously don't like, which you assumed that no one else likes either simply because you don't like them. Reasoning in that manner really doesn't prove anything besides establishing your personal opinion.

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I just reread your posts, and basically all you used as 'evidence' was a list of specific games you obviously don't like, which you assumed that no one else likes either simply because you don't like them. Reasoning in that manner really doesn't prove anything besides establishing your personal opinion.

Well I DID bring up Microsoft similarities with Sega and how huge of games they both have/had.

Pretty much everything Microsoft's doing resembles what Sega did with its systems. I mean, not everything. But you'll see, in 2007, it'll all be clear. I'm not stating facts, I know that, but I've seen how it all goes, and it won't look pretty for Microsoft in the long run.

MecaKane
04-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes, we've all seen that ytmnd.

But really, Microsoft hasn't been acting like sega for the most part. Perhaps if sega hadn't blown so much money on 32x/sega CD/Saturn, it not only would've had a better market presence but a lot more money to cope with the losses of of Dreamcast. Sega came to Dreamcast from Saturn, Microsoft came to the 360 from the huge hit of the original Xbox.

Mirage
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Even if they do walk the same path as Sega, they have a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of money, so they can pull it through anyway.
-edit-
OH NO THE SCARY CURSE-WORD. HURRY, REPLACE IT WITH THE SKULLS OF DEAD HUMANS!

Ballistix Man
04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Gates said in an interview if this system fails he will make another

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Gates said in an interview if this system fails he will make another

That bastard!:irked:

Agent Proto
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM
The difference between Sega and Microsoft is that Sega actually makes good games. And since when was this a thread about Microsoft?

Dreddz
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I see nothing wrong with Gates making more consoles. Why should we care, were not being forced to buy them.

dirkdirden
05-05-2006, 04:41 AM
XBOX more like SUXBOX hahahahah

ok that wasn't funny.

Sony and Microsoft will both be around for a very long time regardless of there success in the console war. Becuase they many other profitable products they can take money from to recover from there losses, unlike sega, and the soon to be dead Nintindo.

DeathKnight
05-05-2006, 05:02 PM
XBOX more like SUXBOX hahahahah

ok that wasn't funny.

Sony and Microsoft will both be around for a very long time regardless of there success in the console war. Becuase they many other profitable products they can take money from to recover from there losses, unlike sega, and the soon to be dead Nintindo.

Nitendo will NEVER be gone. Microsoft doing so BADLY in Japan makes me believe that Microsoft's the one who will end up "dead."

*points to DS sales* :chuckle:
Soon, Wii will be selling in the same way.

pfft! Nitendo gone, give ma a break.

The old days were awesome, when SONY and Nintendo went at it. It was magical

Metal Gear VS Zelda

Mario VS Crash

ect.

Dreddz
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Nintendo wont be gone, but dont get the impression they will rule the market like they once did. Due to the massive popularity of the PS2, its likely, no, common sense that the PS3 will rule the market again.
Nintendo are more likely to die than MS and Sony because

1. Gaming consoles are the only things they make.

2. They arent kings of gaming anymore, look at sales, they got beaten my MS, and pwned by Sony.

DeathKnight
05-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Nintendo wont be gone, but dont get the impression they will rule the market like they once did. Due to the massive popularity of the PS2, its likely, no, common sense that the PS3 will rule the market again.
Nintendo are more likely to die than MS and Sony because

1. Gaming consoles are the only things they make.

2. They arent kings of gaming anymore, look at sales, they got beaten my MS, and pwned by Sony.

In the United States. *points to Japan* and it's a BIG difference.

My friend, think 'bout it, Zelda: Wind Waker wasn't great, Mario Sunshine wasn't great, but they still managed to do very well.

You THINK that games like Halo and War games will beat Metroid, Zelda, Super Smah Brox., Mario Kart, etc???????????????? and now that they have their online connectivity service (Wi-Fi)????

You must be joking:chuckle:

Just you wait and see, with Wii's cheap price tag, great games, great control, and online connectivity (wireless) There's NO way in HELL Nintendo will loose to Microsoft. They may NOT beat SONY, but Microsoft won't get in their way anymore.

It'll be like the PlayStation-N64 days, but even better:tonberry: