PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Styles

My name is...something..?
05-17-2005, 07:45 AM
When you play a new Final Fantasy game how do you move through the game?

Do you train as little as possible to get more of a challenge?
Or do you train a lot so that when you get to a boss, you decimate it easily?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-17-2005, 08:48 AM
I go at a moderate pace, but I don't tend to level up a lot on purpose.

I just like to 'see everything'. So that means fighting several battles in some areas to see all the different types of encounters, search every nook and cranny, and in the end I end up at a pretty good level.

I usually leave the 'challenge' runs until my second playthroughs.

DJZen
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
I try to match the pace of the game. In other words, if I'm suddenly struggling through fights, I level up more, then I go back to just cruising through the plot.

Behold the Void
05-18-2005, 04:24 AM
I never run from a random encounter and I try to go out of my way to get all the treasures, which usually means that I don't need to spend time leveling up.

Captain Maxx Power
05-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Explore, destroy, progress. Rinse and repeat until END.

MoonZapdos
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
When you play a new Final Fantasy game how do you move through the game?

Do you train as little as possible to get more of a challenge?
Or do you train a lot so that when you get to a boss, you decimate it easily?

Second option ;)

vg_freddy
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
i just try to see all the place, have all abilities, enjoy the entire game, so when you get to a boss, i usually have the enough level to destroy him :D

rubah
05-19-2005, 03:57 AM
I try to do most things the first time through, which includes being strong so you can do everything.

Del Murder
05-21-2005, 05:33 PM
FF games are not too hard so I don't really 'train' that much. The regular battles you fight trying to get from A to B are usually enough.

I try to make sure I do every quest and get every item.

PearlRose
05-21-2005, 06:35 PM
I hate leveling up, so all I really do is just enough to get by. If I reach a part of the game that's a bit of a challenge, then I run from less random encounters so that way I'll be in better shape next time.

I do most of my leveling up about mid-way through the game, right before I take on most of the sidequests in a particular game. A midgame lull of sorts, I guess.

Craig
05-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I tend to move through the game a bit rushed, so my character levels aren't up to scratch. Then when I get near the end of the game I level up a little more to keep me strong enough for the upcoming events.

squareSOFT
05-21-2005, 09:38 PM
After too many encounters I usually start to get a little annoyed, so I generally level up just enough to get by

Dreddz
05-21-2005, 10:31 PM
I level on purpose
So i dont have much trouble doing bosses.
plain and simple

Snap Jumper
05-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I try to do just enough to avoid the Game Over screen, basically leveling up enough without wasting a lot of time on it. The exception is 6. I just keep going forward until they die, because even if they do, you are just sent back to the last place you saved, but keep any levels or experience gained, so they might be stronger when you try again.

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2005, 06:03 AM
I go through them very, very quickly the first time around. I think my record for "beating" one is FFIV in under 24 hours, but I was also just barely around level 50 when I did it.

-N-
05-22-2005, 06:13 AM
I tend to rush through games the first time for the plot, and end up sorely underleveled during the final few fights. Then I play through it again, get everything, and absolutely crush the game. The exceptions to the rule are usually NES games - I don't play those more than once.

Rase
05-22-2005, 06:46 AM
I just go through the game, fighting anything that fights me. Very rarely does this not work for me.

Xander
05-22-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't really "train" but I level quite a lot because it can be fun to get certains abilities or skills early on, and it often helps and just makes things a little easier (not that they're that hard anyway but y'know).

Destai
05-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I tend to start off the game determined to level up as much as possible but eventually I just dont care and move through it at my own pace.

Cruise Control
05-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Level lots and lots and lots, I leveled so much in ten, that yuna and auron were doing the same amount of damage before i reached bevelle.

Yuffie514
05-22-2005, 11:11 PM
i love training because i have a great big battle spirit. if i don't train, i'll be weak and poor like my brother's characters.

Slade
05-23-2005, 07:01 AM
I basically go the same pase as the game. Its alot more fun and challenging. I dont understand these people who level to 100 or really high at the begginning of the game.....how boring

Alexander
05-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I level up just the amount I need.
I make SURE to learn the best abilites/magics/etc available.
I rely A LOT on magic. I despise physical attacks, they are boring.
I try to make combos with materia/junction/abilities/etc and such.
I summon A FREAKING LOT. Even in FFVIII. They are cool and cause -the- damage, aside of FFVIII.
I use even the dumbest abilities and magics, if I can make something useful with them. Slow, for example. A LOT of bosses are immune to Slow, so I always cast Slow. Another example: In FFIX, almost everyone thinks Zidane's abilities are trash. Actually, I use them all, aside of Lucky Seven. This one is really useless.

I am strategy and skill. Basically. XD