PDA

View Full Version : PS3 game play footage

YukiKiro
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
this has got to be the most gorgeous game play i've ever seen. the attatched url will take you to gamespot, where a trailer of the Killzone 2 gameplay can be seen. i have never seen anything so beautiful. this is better than cinema quality on PSX and close to cinema quality from PS2. you have to watch it, i absolutaly screamed in giddy delight.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html?gcst=killzone2_ot_ps3_051605.asx

Maxico
05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Theres been quite a bit of controvosy over this. Some say that it is pre-rendered (which would be stupid of guerrila to do when billing this as a technical demo) But Im not sure. There are some instanced of Pop-up, stuttering animation and some poor effects that wouldnt be there in a pre-rendered video.

ZeZipster
05-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Yep.. that looks like a cutscene to me.

Tidus Andronicus
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Its a movie scene, thats obvious... BUT that doesn't mean its prerendered!

With what the PS3 should be capable of, I would expect nothing less than this quality out of the next gen! Take a look at the Xbox 360 graphics, those are in game, and this looks perfectly beleivable to be in game graphics compared to that. I base this on my beleive that the PS3 will be better than the Xbox 360.

Only with more info will we be able to see if this is truely what the PS3 can do... And if it isn't in game footage... then I feel sorry for Sony.

I truely expect nothing below these graphics. lol

On another note... you can NEVER trust screenshots from Sony or Microsoft, cause they photoshop them to make they look better. Granted, it doens't help much... but its missleading and should be considered cheating. XD

Destai
05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Remember the graphics for the Playstation demo of FFVI? That was Square showing what the PS was capable of and they werent overwhelmingly impressive compared to FFVII or VIII but they were certainly a decent sample of what was to come much like these.

Dreddz
05-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I want it to actual in game scenes.
But it looks so good, im just not sure.
But wouldnt be surprised if it was in game graphics as Sony are pulling out all the stops due to the PS2 being the weakest (graphics wise) machine.
Im disappointed in the Xbox graphics. There so cocky that there console was the best, which it clearly is not

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
It looks like a bunch of cutscene segues interspersed with FPS gameplay. It's certainly possible that the gameplay looks that good. We're talking about a 1.8 TFLOP nVidia GPU.

YukiKiro
05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
not really, the PS3 will have 2 (yes 2) G Force 4 processors in it. making it not only incredibly fast but also adds smooth as silk gameplay.

Holy_Aeris
05-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Ooooo, try this link out-

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1683

if only it was true.........

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
not really, the PS3 will have 2 (yes 2) G Force 4 processors in it. making it not only incredibly fast but also adds smooth as silk gameplay.

Look at the official specifications: ;)

GPU

Custom "RSX" design co-developed by Nvidia and Sony:

* Clocked at 550 MHz
* 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
* Full high definition output (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
* Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Necronopticous
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
That video makes me happy and proud to be a human being.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Remember the graphics for the Playstation demo of FFVI? That was Square showing what the PS was capable of and they werent overwhelmingly impressive compared to FFVII or VIII but they were certainly a decent sample of what was to come much like these.That was a Nintendo 64 demo, not PlayStation.

Vyk
05-18-2005, 10:42 PM
That's deffinitely in-game type graphics. They could do a lot better if they were just rendering a scene like that. Dunno if it's just my perception of scenes. But especially the way smoke billowed tipped me off. It's amazing, but if they were doing CG it'd work completely different.

Optium
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I am praying to God that those are actual ingame graphics. If so I'm going
to start saving my money right now.

.opt

Destai
05-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Did you see the remake of VII's opening? I dont know about Aeris but Im sure that Cloud was ingame graphics.

YukiKiro
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
none of it was prerendered according to the people at e3, but this is a topic of discussion for a different thread. gamespot, as of right now, has no reason to believe that these aren't in game graphics, there by enforcing the fact that this may actually be in game graphical footage of killzone 2. its just so beautiful, i keep watching it over and over and i'm still amazed.

DMKA
05-19-2005, 03:57 AM
It looks like ingame to me.

krissy
05-19-2005, 05:05 AM
guys
it's digital camera footage duh

Samuraid
05-19-2005, 05:50 AM
its just so beautiful, i keep watching it over and over and i'm still amazed.

Ah, so that's why the video in ffdownloads.com has 3200 hits over the past 2 days on that demo video. ;)

Dr.K
05-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I wasn't completely convinced that the movie was a representation of in-game graphics. Then I looked at the screenshots for Killzone 2, like this (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/screens.html?page=3) one, and pretty much reinstated my faith in humanity. (I assumed this was an in-game shot due to the gun at the bottom of the screen)

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Wow... I dont generally like war games... but if thats really how it looks in game, I will so buy it! XD

I really hope all the PS3 games have graphics that good! ^_^/

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/135/928377_20050516_screen001.jpg

Destai
05-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Whos gonna be able to afford these games?

Shoden
05-19-2005, 10:15 PM
good point the console itself will probably be more expensive than buying Manchester united!

Tidus Andronicus
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Well, Sony said something about PS3 being 50000yen in Japan... which is about 465 in the states...

and Xbox is also estimated the same, whether its worth that or not, M$ will charge that just cause they can... so I'd say no higher than $500 for either console... Although the games better not be more than $60... hell I hate the $50 price tag on current games as it is...

I'm willing to pay the $500 for the PS3 (not the xbox XD) Cause it will also be a BlueRay player and so much more lol.
Though the games better be decently priced. lol

On another note: Sony just anounced, once again, that all the graphics in Kill Zone 2 footage they've shown are indeed playable in-game graphics! ^_^/ *is so excited*