PDA

View Full Version : The Dragonlance Thread (Probably riddled with spoilers)

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I've been thinking, especially with the crap Raistlin gets, that the Dragonlance series just doesn't get enough love on these forums. This is here to correct that.

The Dragonlance series is still one of my favorite book series (although I was bitterly disappointed with how they ended the War of the Souls series, more on that later depending on how the conversation goes), and I've always enjoyed it immensely.

So, let's start with the Dragonlance Chronicles. What about the books did you like/dislike, what characters do you like, etc. etc.. This is a discussion on the books, so anything goes.

Shlup
05-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Dragonlance is my favorite book series, and Raistlin is my favorite character. Though, really, I like all the characters. The only complaints I have is that Raistlin and Crysania didn't have hot steamy sex all over the mystical woods. :o

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I found the interactions between Raistlin and Crysania to be rather interesting, Raistlin's struggle between his own ambitions and the possibility of something else in his life that he's never experienced before. He's always been a rather introspective character, which makes it much easier to get inside his head and see what exactly is going on in there.

JAS4Yeshua
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
If you like comics, In August, Devil's Due is coming out with a comic book adaptation of Dragonlance Chronicles. Personally, I can't wait to read it. :D

Shlup
05-20-2005, 07:59 AM
The Chronicles? 'Cause I have the old Dragonlance comics (which suck), and I know they've come out or are coming out with Legend of Huma comics. I haven't heard of Chronicles comics though.

JAS4Yeshua
05-20-2005, 05:15 PM
It was just announced Wednesday in their August Solicitations. Part 1 of 8 comes out in August.

Old Dragonlance Comics? Are you talking about the ones DC did back from 89-91 (I believe). That, along with the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons comic that was released at the same time was what got me interested in comics.