PDA

View Full Version : Which new console are you most interested righ tnow?

Lionx
05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Currently i am most interested in what Nintendo is up to. From the intial looks of it, i really like it o_o I mean backwards compatible to the stone age of gaming..i think thats like..the best ever. I also like its sleek design over the Xbox360s and well i never got a good look at the PS3s so i cant say much about that. The new hardware amazes me, however i would like to see more than just that. They havent releasted everything yet so more tibits for me later o_o

The no HDD part kinda makes me feel its not good at being online however i hope that is not the case, as well as controllers. I really wish SNES controllers would come back as i feel it was one of the best(damn sony for jacking it rofl).

Next to that PS3 obviously because well its Sony, they bought their way to the top, and hence must have good titles sooner or later(none interest me atm besides maybe FFXII). Then Xbox interests me mildly with free Xbox Live however i havent really known whats up with it beside that the premium feature which you have to pay to play online or something along that....eehh...not much else besides FFXI is also going on Xbox and i have to see more newbs...yay O_o.

So which console currently you have the most interest in? Would you end up getting all 3 regardless? Why?

DMKA
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, I'm interested in consoles for their games, not how big the casing is, or what shade of silver and green it is, or how many control slots it has, or where the memory card goes, or if I have the option of sitting it on it's side or not, or that it can make me doughnuts and cherry coke while playing random 80's showtunes. I'm interested in consoles for the GAMES (omg what a concept!?!?!?!!)...

That being said, it's kind of hard to get interested in any of them yet, considering we know little to nothing of games (since most likely, none have been developed yet). The only one I can say has caught my attention now is the Nintendo Revolution, because I read that it will allow players to download and play classic games from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras. Now THAT is gonna be awesome. <3

Lionx
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Well of course games but you can sorta guess what things are going to be like with certain specs like a HDD or something like that. o_o but yes games.

The Shoeless Hobo
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll be getting all three. Nintendo first, Xbox second and PS3 last. I'll be buying a new TV soon to support them... :p

Chris
05-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm a big Nintendo fan. :love:

Glendon
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I am looking forward to more information on the Nintendo Revolution. They finally seem to be going in the right direction, although very little info is known at the moment.

MoonZapdos
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Playstation 3! OH YEAH BABY, I'M READY FOR FF7 PS3 VERSION!

Lionx
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Um just to let you know..theres no current plans or any indication for anything FFVII at the moment besides the movie..so i dont know where you got that idea.

Old Manus
05-18-2005, 03:53 PM
PS3. Because Nintendo suck ass, and Microsoft suck ass.

omnitarian
05-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm a Nintendo slave. :-/

If I had to pick across party lines... well... there's some PS3 things I'd like to know, such as whether or not the controllers feel as bad as they look, and how much it will cost.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Nintendo because I still have some vestiges of hope that they'll make some games other than Super Smash Bros. that I love.

Playstation 3 because they have the rest of the games that I want to play.

Dreddz
05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
PS3 all the way
Heehee seems Xbox 360 has no votes
*laughs in Joels face*

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 06:49 PM
PS3 and Xbox 360.

ZuZu
05-18-2005, 06:54 PM
PS3!! and new FF7 to it! After these I will be poor bastard, but who cares :love:

Sepho
05-18-2005, 08:41 PM
At this stage, as a gamer, clearly I'm interested on any developments from all three manufacturers. I'd just have to say I'm more interested in the Revolution than I am the other two.

Fuzakeru
05-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Both of the leading systems ( Revolution hasn't shown me enough to give me any good idea of what postion I'm at with it - I'm excited though! Lots of mystery! ) are both incredible. I personally think it's too soon for any new systems ( don't have the money!!! >_< WTF! ). However, this is the difference . . .

The games for the PS3 got me so giddy and excited!!! OMFG! I squealed at the sight of KillZone and Tekken and and and . . . wow.

360 did show off DoA. I drooled. <3 However, it wasn't that much of a leap from XBox. Nothing I saw got me excited. What good is the power if you don't have the product to back it up? o.O

My personal opinion though.

XxSephirothxX
05-19-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm looking forward to the PS3 the most, solely for Killzone 2 and Heavenly Sword, both of which look absolutely amazing--assuming, of course, the graphics are indeed in-game as Sony says. And as I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, I'll probably get a Revolution just for Smash Bros and Zelda, whenever they decide to release another one. Twilight Princess should tide me over for a while. I'm still curious as to whether Nintendo is offering only old first-party games, or all the games for their old systems. The latter doesn't seem possible, as they'd surely owe money to the third-party developers that made said games, but if it's possible that'd be pretty awesome.

Alice
05-19-2005, 07:29 AM
In my dream world I would like to get all 3, they each have something to offer. When it comes down to it, for me it will be the Revolution and the PS3 though.

Revolution will certainly offer many new things, and compatibility between the micro and the rev will only make me happier, not to mention any other gbs of sorts... The ps3 is the XBOX dominatrix, so i have to pick the stronger one. With the PS3 I will be able to fulfill all my FF needs and suck, as well as have fun with the EYETOY and the PSP compatibility.

I can totally see FFCC2 coming out for both systems now that they both have handhelds, which would rock my socks quite hard.

Now all i have to do is rob a bank so i can buy all this neat stuff ^_^

Craig
05-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I chose all 3, but it's probably the Nintendo, like many others I choose consoles for the gameplay, and if I can download or whatever, games from all of their past consoles, I should be in heaven. Next is the PS3 I think I read in another post that it's the most powerful of all 3 which is obviously a plus, and Sony never fail to deliver tons of great games to their consoles so it should be a treat.

Last is the Xbox. I don't even know why I ticked the box, I might end up getting this along with the other 2 simply because I have the 3 current consoles at the moment. But I don't really know much about it and I'm more interested in the other 2.

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
LOL I'm happy to see Nintendo Revolution beating Xbox 360 in this poll! XD
Course that might just be cause its still an unknown. lol

PS3 all the way!

(online games are good, but I still greatly prefer Solo games, and I want a system that will have a lot of solo games... and good graphics! ...Not just good graphics, GREAT graphics! and PS3 seems to be delivering that! =P)

The next DOA game on Xbox 360 really doesn't impress me much... just seems like normal Xbox graphics and DOA has got pretty repetitive as it is, no real reason to make any more of them.
Plus Microsoft seems too full of them selfs to see that PS3 is better, and act like "OMG we will have DOA4 exclusively on Xbox 360! Look at teh b00bies!" >_>

I see either 2 things happening... either Microsoft will wait until the PS3 release date, and release Halo 3 then, as if to get more sales... OR Microsoft will recall their release date of the Xbox 360 so they can improve it a little... Though thats not likely, I wouldn't put it past them.

Destai
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Playstation 3 which Id buy first and Revolution second the same order I bought them now (PS2 and GC)

Tidus Andronicus
05-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Yea, same here. PS3 first, then Rev if I have enough money. I'll never get the next xbox... just cause microsoft is teh evil.

Though, I'm really hoping Nintendo has something more up their sleaves... Cause they need something really inovative if they want to beat the others. Being able to download old games is cool, but not enough...
Give us more Nintendo!

ChaosCalibur
05-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Unless SE makes a Star Ocean game for the PS3 Launch (Highly unlikely) I will be geting a revolution.
*Goes off chating: SSB,SSB,SSB!*

Xander
05-19-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm still interested in the Gamecube since I only got one a couple of months ago, and there's a lot I still want to play on that. So I'm not too bothered about the new consoles right now. I'll probably be interested when I've played everything I want to on the GC, and at a time when the new consoles have been out ages. xD I'm in no hurry for new consoles.

Yew-Yevon
05-19-2005, 11:15 PM
my PS2 is 4 yrs old and I'm still enjoying its grait graphics. So if PS3 is anything like i'v herd or seen, them my sights are totaly set.

Destai
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
i should mention though I wont buy any of them until games I really want to play have been released for them. I didnt buy a PS2 until FFX was out.

KentaRawr!
05-20-2005, 12:33 AM
The Revolution is the one I am most interested in, but it is only because they haven't said very much about it. Being able to download old Nintendo games is pretty cool though. And being Backwards-Compatible with Gamecube games is nice too. But I hope that the games released for the Revolution are games that interest me.

The Playstation 3 looks like it will be a very powerful system. But, the games they showed at E3 didn't interest me much.

I wasn't too impressed with the X-Box 360. I never was a big fan of the X-Box. o.o

Shoeberto
05-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Am I the only person still exhausted from the last console war? I can't even feign interest in all of the specs of the new consoles. As a rule of thumb, I roll with the big N. If I follow anything, it'll be them.

Samuraid
05-20-2005, 03:47 AM
I generally stick with computers...I have not bought any console (except for a gameboy a long time ago) to this date.

I do like to watch the new consoles develop though. :)

Tidus Andronicus
05-20-2005, 04:01 AM
lol Up until this week, my computer was better than any console... My computer is pretty top of the line. 3.2 P4, 1GB Ram, 9800 ATI with 256mb, and a lot of other nice things... it is pretty darn good... but now, these new consoles can do stuff my computer can only dream about. XD

The features and stats on the PS3 are very impressive. And from what I've seen, the PS3 is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360, in some ways. lol
PS3 is certainly a lot better than my computer. lol So of course, I am drawn to its power! >=3

crashNUMBERS
06-02-2005, 12:40 PM
All of them right now...

Zeldy
06-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Nintendo! Nintendo! Nintendo!
I luuurve Nintendo

Markus. D
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
i really 2 want a ps3, because it has devil may cry 4 on it.

but i want a xbox 360 because it will have the new ff on it aswell as oblivion.

Project G
06-09-2005, 02:10 PM
None at the moment, I'm interested in getting a new GBA

Tidus Andronicus
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
i really 2 want a ps3, because it has devil may cry 4 on it.
but i want a xbox 360 because it will have the new ff on it aswell as oblivion.

Don't worry Tsukasa, the Final Fantasy's will still be on PS3! ^_^/
SquareEnix is just releasing FF11 and some unnamed RPG on 360... They still plan to release FF games on Sony systems. ^_^

ljkkjlcm9
06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm definitely getting the Revolution first. Everyone is wondering whether or not Nintendo will be able to come out with something innovative for it, and I have no doubt they will. Honestly think about it, all the new innovations were by Nintendo, as far back as I can remember....

THE JACKEL

Black Mage
06-09-2005, 06:38 PM
The Big N.

Now you're playing with POWER.

YukiKiro
06-09-2005, 06:39 PM
PS3, no contest.

Dignified Pauper
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't Nintendo Revolution will sell because emulation of all the old systems is so common in the gaming world. It won't be recieved as well.

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 05:53 PM
PS3 since it has Final Fantasy. I have to buy what I want, my parents wont do it for me. So I'm not rich and have to buy it myself. So I can only afford one.

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 08:51 PM
It's a Playstation Nation!

YukiKiro
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't Nintendo Revolution will sell because emulation of all the old systems is so common in the gaming world. It won't be recieved as well.
yeah but that's illeagal. so if you want to do it the right way they're offering.

Battousai62
06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Sony and Nintendo are already dropping nice features. Ill be getting an Xbox 360 First then PS3.

Tidus Andronicus
06-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Besides the HDD, what has Sony dropped from the PS3?? O_o Honestly, I think dropping the HDD was a good idea... I just hope the optional one will be available at release. lol

Battousai62
06-16-2005, 02:46 AM
The absence of a hardrive will hurt Sony a little I think, but probably not that much. If it doesnt come standard then game designers wont design the game to fully take advantage of the HDD. Thats all im saying. But trust me I will still be getting a PS3 with tons of extra migs and megs of hardrive space, just after the Xbox.

Crazy the Clown
06-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Since my PS2 died, I'm looking forward to the PS3.

I'm getting ultra-damn-rusty in the gaming department.

Tidus Andronicus
06-16-2005, 06:47 AM
It shouldn't be too hard to allow HDDs as an optional feature of a game... and some games could just have a little warning thing on the back that says it needs the HDD to play... but Sony isn't as focused on the HDD for gamming... cause it doesn't really effect gamming that much.
I can see HDD effecting Online stuff, and holding saves, and music... but there aren't that many things a HDD can do for a game. lol
I'll still buy a HDD, but for the Online reasons, for saves, and for the Linux (if its on it XD).

Battousai62
06-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Well half of the Games I play are online so it is very important to me. But prob wont be that big of a deal. My PS3 is going to be stuffed with as HDD's many as I can fit into it.