PDA

View Full Version : Kojima Productions site opens

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Experience this (http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/).

Lots of information on Metal Gear Acid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Kojima Productions itself, and yes, Metal Gear Solid 4. I could have posted this yesterday, but I figured I'd wait until the site was less congested so you could actually see the trailers without repeatedly restarting them.

I am happy.

Pure Strife
05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
And for anyone who can't be bothered to read through Hideo's biography:

Set after MGS2 events, stars Solid Snake, promises a completely new sneaking experience.

Snake, Otacon, Ocelot and Vamp are easily recognisable in the portraits, I like how Vamp has the bulletwound still in the middle of his forehead. I'm guessing the two women on the left are Meryl and Olga, be interesting to see what part Meryl has come back for (assuming it is her). I have no idea who the women on the far right is, but by far the biggest mystery is the guy with the eyepatch.

That Big Boss' ghost/zombie? Solidus back somehow? Looks very emaciated, and it seems strange Kojima would make yet another character with one eye. Be interesting to see if they throw in more characters or keep it in the MGS family. Either way, I'm already looking forward to this.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-18-2005, 11:18 PM
The characters shown in the MGS4 part of the sites are, from left to right,
Vamp.
Some new chick.
Raiden, with his High Frequency Blade in one hand and a baby--either Olga's or Rose's--in the other.
Revolver Ocelot.
Solid Snake.
Otacon.
Big Boss's corpse!
Naomi Hunter!
Oh I'm feelin' it.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I agree the new chick could conceivably be Meryl Silverburgh, from her hair and clothing. Her face looks nothing like Meryl, though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I want to see more with Zone of the Enders! There's so much potential with that game and the world that's been created around it.

Pure Strife
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
The characters shown in the MGS4 part of the sites are, from left to right,
Vamp.
Some new chick.
Raiden, with his High Frequency Blade in one hand and a baby--either Olga's or Rose's--in the other.
Revolver Ocelot.
Solid Snake.
Otacon.
Big Boss's corpse!
Naomi Hunter!
Oh I'm feelin' it.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I agree the new chick could conceivably be Meryl Silverburgh, from her hair and clothing. Her face looks nothing like Meryl, though.

Meryl has been confirmed, according to Gamespot. I wouldn't have picked up the chick on the far right as Naomi, so I'm not sure about that one. Have to have another look at the sword weilding person though, I thought it was a chick but I see how it could be Raiden. Didn't think about the baby either, be interesting to see what that has to do with the plot.

Also, Kojima said there would be "no place to hide", or something to that effect, so you have to wonder what he's cooking up.

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
The video they showed was funny as hell. The race car sounds and the splinter cell parody were fantasic. If Naomi is back then I want them to get the original voice actor back from MGS1 as I didn't like the voice actor in MGS:TTS.

From what I have read MGS3 Substinance will have MG 1 and 2 on the disc which makes it an automatic purchase just to be able to play the MSX versions!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Definitely. Subsistence has so much to offer that I don't think people can rightly complain about it the way they complained about Integral and Substance.
If Naomi is back then I want them to get the original voice actor back from MGS1 as I didn't like the voice actor in MGS:TTS.Jennifer Hale did Naomi's voice in both the original MGS and MGS:TTS. The only difference in her performance was that she didn't use a British accent in TTS. She shows up as "Carren Learning" in the original's credits, but that was just because the original MGS was a non-union project so the cast members who were union members had to use pseudonyms in order to not catch heat. Happens all the time.

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I see...thanks for providing massive knowledge where I had lacked it. To me the voice work in the twin snakes for a few characters just wasn't as good...then again maybe I am just way to use to the old voices.

Swordicanus
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
It also looks like Solid has a bigger beard on him to give him a more wise mature look....... looking more like the old Big Boss every game

Erdrick Holmes
06-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I hope they port MGS3: Subsistance on the XBox like they did with MGS2. My Dual Shock 2 controller died.

Do you need a DS2 to play MGS3 or do you just need a PS2 controller with thumbsticks?

Drift
06-04-2005, 11:47 AM
woo go MGS4!!!

edit:: i cant see the mgs4 trailer?!?!?! :(

My name is...something..?
06-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Ah, that's sweet.
Can't wait for Subsistence.
I want the original Metal Gears badly.
Especially Solid Snake.

BTW, did anyone notice the guy in the MGS 4 section that looks like Vamp from MGS2?

He's on the far left on the bottom of the screen.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-04-2005, 10:59 PM
The characters in the MGS4 image were confirmed as being Vamp, Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden, Revolver Ocelot, Solid Snake, Otacon, Big Boss, and Naomi Hunter.

The reason I wasn't sure Meryl was Meryl because the face just didn't look like hers; to me, it looked more like Olga's face. Then I remembered that Olga was designed to look extremely similar to Meryl.

Psychotic
06-04-2005, 11:05 PM
So Big Boss is now an evil zombie? Sounds...interesting.

06-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Makes sense, you never saw Vamp die.
Methinks he works for the Patriots. :shifty:
But I'll save that for later.

-N-
06-07-2005, 06:58 AM
That MGS4 E3 trailer was hilarious.

06-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Lol, yes it was.
Although, I am a fan of Raiden I still thought it was highly hilarious.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Makes sense, you never saw Vamp die.
Methinks he works for the Patriots. :shifty:
But I'll save that for later.The only member of Dead Cell to work for the Patriots was Fatman. Solidus, Fortune, and Vamp were clearly fighting against them, and Vamp has a personal bone to pick with them for the way they screwed around with and killed off Fortune and her family.

Big D
06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
The MGS3 re-release sounds great, but it's still a monumental pain-in-the-butt/cash-grab to sell the same game twice (who knows how many more there might be?) with a few bonus items thrown in the next time around. I understand the idea, and I'll probably get it some day, but it still makes it look as though they did a half-assed, couldn't-be-bothered-to-finish-it-properly job the first time.

MGS4 is a concept I highly approve of. Hopefully they'll provide some more insight into Vamp (I know the back-story about the church bombing, but the actual mechanics of being undead would be interesting), and some further clues as to how Liquid is able to 'possess' Ocelot. My theory is that it's something to do with nanomachines left over in Liquid's arm - in MGS2, we're told that nanomachines can create networks to store memories when they circulate through the user's brain. I'm guessing that this is how Liquid was able to 'come back'... it's a preferable explanation to 1970s B-grade horror stuff like a damned soul trapped in a human arm or whatever.

*looks at site* Haha, MGS3:Subsistence is touted as having a "new duel mode... [and] demo theatre" when both of those were actually included in the PAL version of the original game.

I like how the 1960s FOX logo is used as the site's icon.

Looks like there are some interesting projects on the horizon... pity most of them will be on consoles I either won't own, or won't get for a long while yet.

Drift
06-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I CANT WATCH THE MGS4 TRAILER!!!! ;_; please help

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
...how Liquid is able to 'possess' Ocelot. My theory is that it's something to do with nanomachines left over in Liquid's arm - in MGS2, we're told that nanomachines can create networks to store memories when they circulate through the user's brain. I'm guessing that this is how Liquid was able to 'come back'... it's a preferable explanation to 1970s B-grade horror stuff like a damned soul trapped in a human arm or whatever.Since Ocelot is the son of The Sorrow, who was a spirit medium, it is commonly presumed that he inherited some of that ability, allowing him to channel Liquid through his arm.

-N-
06-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Since Ocelot is the son of The Sorrow, who was a spirit medium, it is commonly presumed that he inherited some of that ability, allowing him to channel Liquid through his arm.
I definitely missed that part. O_O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-08-2005, 05:19 AM
What part?

06-08-2005, 05:23 AM
I think he's saying he never saw The Sorrow and Ocelot connection.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Well, here (http://www.thesnakesoup.com/?section=myths&content=mgs3-1).

Big D
06-09-2005, 04:39 AM
That makes sense... the article pretty much confirms it. I've never heard that particular conversation before. There's so much info hidden in those optional radio conversations. I've just played the game for the sixth time, and only now have I found out why the Cobras explode when they die.

Drift
06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
please help i cant watch the MGS4 trailer :(

Jowy
06-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Just refresh it, or try again tomorrow.

It's probably up at another site too. I watched the E3 one at IGN.

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes, Merly has been confirmed a main character, by www.wkikpedia.org and www.gamespot.com

Erdrick Holmes
08-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Have thee been convermed plans for MGS3:S to be on the XBox? The put MGS2:S on the PS2 and XBox so I don't see why XBox can't have MGS3:S

Also, people seem to think that Vamp is a vampire. He really isn't, he's just a gypse. How do I notice? Look how Vamp stands outside during broad daylight on the big shell, vampires can't survive sunlight.

EDIT: Has Kojima ever done produced/directed any non-Metal Gear games?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
He directed Snatcher and Policenauts, and he produces the Z.O.E. and Boktai series. They're all his babies.