PDA

View Full Version : STOP COPYING MY BROTHERS >:O

Peegee
05-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I just found out that RyRy is the same age as my kid brother (Martin). And I've known for a while now that Mandee (and possibly Ashley if they are the same age) are the same age as my other (middle) brother (Ray).

Yet with Ry I'm perfectly comfortable chatting with her, even though I look at Martin's friends/schoolmates as losers and his female schoolmates as .. well, something condescending. People who are Ray's age I look at and see somebody likely inexperienced and optimistic, which can be either something neutral or again, condescending. But I can talk smack with Mandee any time, and there's no (as far as I'm concerned) age difference.

SO

If you have siblings, how do you cope with mutually exclusive friends who are of their age? Do you see them as 'people who are like my sibling' or somehow see through that? What's up with this? Does it even go as far as dating, like if I were to insanely date somebody Ray's(Mandee's) age, would that be weird?

WTF?

*throws a sock at your mom*

Rye
05-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I find people my brother's age to be okay, because since my brother is very immature, he's not a good example for people his age.

I'm older than your brother though, because his birthday is in October. I haxx0red to find out!

Peegee
05-18-2005, 09:16 PM
o noes!

Shlup
05-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Last time I went to Cid's house I was talking to this girl and found out she was in my boyfriend's baby sister's class. That was weird. xD

I don't have any friends my own siblings' ages though. My sister and brother are six and two, and I'm not that weird. :p

bennator
05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
My sister is 4 years younger, and we don't have mutual friends (the HS - MS gap is fairly large), but, I do have the weird experience of being friends with the older/younger siblings of people my age. For example, right now I'm talking to the little sister of a guy in my class who I rarely talk to, yet I talk to her quite often.

Boosk
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, alot of my friends are my sisters friends but we're twins so it's not that weird.....My best friend is going out with a girl who was in my little bros class....but she's amazing so it dosn't matter! And my older brothers friends are my old friends.....friend thief!

Kagga :love:

Samuraid
05-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Some of my friends are also my brother's friends even though they are closer to his age.

Yamaneko
05-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't have any friends, so I don't have to deal with this.

escobert
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I never had to deal with my brothers frioends it was more they had to deal with me. I'm 9 years younger then my next brother Joel. Although I did have to deal with my little sisters friends but, They were only a year younger then me and I just dated her girl friends :p

Resha
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
My brother and his friends bang on my door. They throw guns at me (which is wrong, anyways). They touch my PS! They spill glue and grape juice on my bed. They attack me. They pretend I'm a monster. They try to dance with me. They try to invade my room..

:(

I whack my brother.

Kirobaito
05-18-2005, 10:58 PM
foa is my sister's age, and I enjoy talking to her much more than I enjoy talking to my sister. I don't really consider it weird at all. Jebus is a year younger, but close enough. I don't have a problem talking to him, either.

Jojee
05-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I talk to people of all ages online, but offline... nah. ^_^ My brother is six years younger than me and I really can't talk to his friends.

eestlinc
05-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't have any siblings so I don't know what you people are talking about.

Resha
05-18-2005, 11:15 PM
:D My brother is 10 and 1/2 years younger than me. xD He's 4 going on 5. Hence, annoying KIDS. Gah!

rubah
05-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Um, my siblings are all about eight-15 years older than I am.

I don't really know any people besides them that age.

And if I do, I'm sure I'd just think, 'oh, they're an adult.'

and now that I think about it, one of my good friends is that age:P

T-MaN
05-19-2005, 01:29 AM
I don't like hanging with my little bro's buddies because... I just don't want to. I like hanging with my little brothers though. When I lived with the family (before Dorm Life), I would always take them to watch movies with my friends. Their ages are 10 and 6. They be cool dudes. :)

fire_of_avalon
05-19-2005, 04:09 AM
My sister and I know each other's friends and get along pretty well, but I'm not especially close to them and she's not especially close to mine. However Rubah and KB are pretty close to her age, and I don't think of them any differently.

Haha, I'm not copying any of your dumb old brothers so nyah

Miriel
05-19-2005, 05:36 AM
My brother and I had several mutual friends during High School even though we didn't run in the same circles. But we're only 2 years apart, so the age difference is minimal. And when it comes to friends, age is pretty irrelevant to me.

Del Murder
05-19-2005, 05:39 AM
There are brief instances where I do find it odd, but we're all adults now and only 2-6 years apart so it's no longer significant. I don't really acknowledge time as existing anymore.

The Captain
05-19-2005, 08:02 AM
More than anything else, I always try to give each person the benefit of the doubt and realize that people age differently. Some people aren't mature even when they're old enough to retire, whilst others are wise beyond their years when they're well younger than I am.

Certainly, sometimes I'm caught off guard at a person's age, and I must admit that there are certainly times that I've found myself making assumptions as to someone's age by their words or actions, but in the end, I try to allow people to be themselves, let who they truly are shine on through and allow age to just be a passing phase, not a defining element.

Take care all.

Loony BoB
05-19-2005, 09:31 AM
For reference for those who don't know, I'm 21 years old.

When I left New Zealand, my stepsister was about 12 years old. Now I think she's 15 years old. That really weirds me out, because for about 2-4 weeks later this year, she's going to be the same age as my sort-of-girlfriend-type-person. To me, she's still like... that 12/13 year old little sister I have, so yeah.

Crazy.

As for my older sister who is 23 years old, nah, I view her as generally someone I can talk to as if she was my own age anyway, and that's the same for any 23 year old.

As for my much younger siblings, I have a 13 year old stepbrother, but I don't really know that many 13 year olds, if any, so yeah. He's cool though. I have a half sister who is around 10, but of course I don't have any 10 year old friends around.

Rusty
05-19-2005, 09:57 AM
My sister is 14 years old, so me and her are pretty close in age (I'm 16). I have no problem talking or hanging out with her, we are very close. I've never had a problem with age, I've nearly always ended up being the oldest of my offline friends, so I guess I'm used to being around younger people :)

boris no no
05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
i talk to a few people online thats my brothers age. they do seem more mature them him though...
i mainly talk to people my age though and above.

Jess
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
My brothers 19, and I have friends who are his age, or even slightly older. I don't really see it as a problem though, because as long as I'm not hanging out with him! [Although I do get along with my brother, it just wouldn't seem right.] :p