PDA

View Full Version : Kylie Minogue diagnosed with breast cancer

Rye
05-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I wasn't a big fan of her music, but that's very sad. :/ I remember hearing how Delta Goodrem had cancer.

Destai
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
That poor woman :( But thankfully Breast Cancer is usually treatable. Its a terrible diesease for anyone but hopefully she wont have anything to worry about.

eestlinc
05-19-2005, 12:14 AM
We just can't get her out of our heads! That sucks, and I feel for everyone who is diagnosed with cancer, but why am I supposed to care about celebrities any more than anyone else?

Miriel
05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Not meaning to be flippant or anything, but she's not the only woman to get breast cancer. In fact, she should consider herself lucky that it was caught so early. I think the outpourings of grief and support would be better directed elsewhere.

No, she's not the only woman to have breast cancer, but why should her fans direct their concern elsewhere? That doesn't make any sense to me. If you don't care, you don't care. But if people want to support her, that's their concern.

Skogs
05-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Not meaning to be flippant or anything, but she's not the only woman to get breast cancer. In fact, she should consider herself lucky that it was caught so early. I think the outpourings of grief and support would be better directed elsewhere.

No, she's not the only woman to have breast cancer, but why should her fans direct their concern elsewhere? That doesn't make any sense to me. If you don't care, you don't care. But if people want to support her, that's their concern.

It's not that I don't care. It's that I don't care more than I would for any other breast cance sufferer. I know two people who have had breast cancer, (both parents of friends) and one of them didn't survive.

It's more of a dig at people's obsession with celebrity, than anything else.

Alice
05-19-2005, 07:37 AM
It's more of a dig at people's obsession with celebrity, than anything else.

I dont know if shes so much a celebrity, shes not very "luxurious", though she is famous. Ofcourse, you know, jesus wasnt the only person to die on a cross, but alot of people look to him... I suppose its just people being obsessive over his "celebrity" as you so call it.

When an international "star" who has been around a good 10-15 yrs is diagnosed with cancer, you can only expect people to care. Sorry for your losses due to the disease, most people are affected by it somehow in their lives, but by having someone as well known as her, it helps increase knowledge and understanding, and support for the fight against it... so for u this is a blessing, but a sacrifice she pays for.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-21-2005, 02:03 AM

She said something that as well as her family....she was dissapointed that she couldnt go on tour for her fans but she also felt for those suffering from the disease...even the family said instead of giving flowers donte money for research...

imean that fact that she could be quite selfless at this stage deserves my respect for her....even though i dont listen to her music

all the best to kyle and to those who fight cancer among her!

Shlup
05-21-2005, 02:53 AM
I've known a number of people with breast cancer. All of them beat it with, compared to other cancers, relative ease. It's a super sucky thing to go though, but I'm not particularly worried about the survival of those who are diagnosed.

Giga Guess
05-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Still a tragedy IMHO.

DMKA
05-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Well that sucks. I like that song "Love At First Sight" quite a bit. *listens* :(

But hey, I mean, she's not dead or terminal or anything yet, so it should be more of a "I hope she beats it!" thing than a "oh what a tragedy I'll miss her!" thing.

Shoden
05-21-2005, 09:10 PM
shes a celebrity she can pay for top of the range treatment plus shes likely to donate lots to cancer funds

Destai
05-22-2005, 11:21 AM
This is only going to increase her fame. Knowing Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with it caused a large ammount of woman to get a check up for breast cancer.

Xander
05-22-2005, 11:23 AM
It's a shame, because it's a shame that anyone should get breast cancer. I don't think it's any more worse because it's her, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone, so I hope she recovers, as I would anyone.

Resha
05-22-2005, 05:06 PM
That sucks. But it happens. :( It did happen to Delta Goodrem and Anastacia as well. She'll recover. :D