PDA

View Full Version : FFIV IS bollocks!

AerisIsMyGod
05-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok I have a problem with this game.

Probably because I started with the later games.

The battle system pisses me off, 5 people is too much.

And the plot has annoyed me, it doesn't seem very interesting and Golbez is possibly the worst villian ever.

I would like to enjoy this game, should I start playing from where I left off or should I just give up on it now?

Mookies
05-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Take a rest. One day you'll remember it, and go back.

TheAbominatrix
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
It pisses you off because five people are in the party? That seems... well, really dumb. Sorry. Is it too strenuous to select a command for one more person? Not to mention that you rarely have all five slots filled until the end of the game.

Either play it or dont. I think it's one of the best RPGs ever, and it has a wonderful story. Golbez is a great villian. But if you dont like it, dont play it.

Zifnab
05-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Having five people is what made it great. I always find that in games where you can choose your party, the characters you don't use get pushed back in terms of personality, as they don't frequently get a say in things.
Also, Golbez was a freakin' awesome villain, it's just so tragic that he wasn't truly responsible for his actions.

Loony BoB
05-19-2005, 12:45 PM
*edits thread title to something non-censored*

If you don't like the game, then I guess you may as well not play it, in my opinion.

Master.Pug
05-19-2005, 01:47 PM
the only annoying thing is the huge number of random battles, but the characters and the whole story are awesome, it comes right behind VI and VII in my hitlist!

Give it a try or trash it if you don't like it, its your decision...

Destai
05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I dont like it much eaither. I thought Golbez was a crap villain. Maybe he was considered cool when the game first came out but the whole mind controlled brother thing is just corny if you ask me. I didnt like the battle system. It was orbably class in its time but the controls are slow and irritating. The story doesnt seem like anything particularly interesting to me all round. Im at the final boss and have been there for about two years with no real interest in tackling him. Its the sortve game Id play on a gameboy in the car when I have nothing better to do but right now Im just not interested.

Rainecloud
05-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd just like to say: Best thread title ever.

Thanks. :)

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2005, 01:52 AM
I... di...jus...

:mad2:

rubah
05-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Give up on it now, and come back to it in a few months when you can't remember anything.

That's what I did. and now I still don't remember anything^_^

boys from the dwarf
05-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah. stupid amnesia. gets me every time.

Classic Axe
05-20-2005, 07:49 AM
This game is the best FF because you can have so many characters, and also that you actually care about them because they have a real backstory, and that the story actually moves in various directions.
This and FF6 are really the Final Fantasy games that could pass for novels all on their own, thanks to their magnificent stories.

KoShiatar
05-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I think it's just a matter of taste. I love that game and I suggest that you try to beat it , but don't force yourself if you think it's crap. Videogames are made for amusement, not for making you angry. Just for curiosity, where are you currently in the game?

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Why is it that whenever someone dislikes a Final Fantasy game they feel compelled to make a thread about it? If you don't like it, don't play it. There are people who do enjoy it and whining about it isn't serving much of a purpose.

Destai
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Why is it that whenever someone dislikes a Final Fantasy game they feel compelled to make a thread about it? If you don't like it, don't play it. There are people who do enjoy it and whining about it isn't serving much of a purpose.Its a harmless topic about FF4 in the FF4 forum.Its harmless chat.

AerisIsMyGod
05-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Just for curiosity, where are you currently in the game?

The last thing I remember was escaping from that underground
joint.

Another thing that pissed me off wasTellah "dying" although I am suspicious about him and another unemerged character

Tellah was the only character who has interested me so far

Dreddz
05-21-2005, 08:02 PM
This is my 4th favourite FF game.
Right behind FFVII, FFIX and FFVI
How can you hate it?

Takara
05-23-2005, 01:20 PM
:whimper:

Its a harmless topic about FF4 in the FF4 forum.Its harmless chat.

It's all harmless fun until it makes someone cry. :(

And it makes me cry. :cry:

Like this: :crying2:

Ultima Shadow
05-23-2005, 07:36 PM
It pisses you off because five people are in the party? That seems... well, really dumb. Sorry. Is it too strenuous to select a command for one more person? Not to mention that you rarely have all five slots filled until the end of the game.

Either play it or dont. I think it's one of the best RPGs ever, and it has a wonderful story. Golbez is a great villian. But if you dont like it, dont play it.
It's impossible to put it better than this. *agrees 100% with Abominatrix*

Necronopticous
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
This thread makes me sad ;(

UltimateSpamGrover
05-24-2005, 05:31 AM
FFIV is an OK Final Fantasy, not the best, not the worst, in my opinion.

Raven Nox
05-24-2005, 07:00 AM
I'd just like to say: Best thread title ever.

Thanks. :)

Other then it crusing FF4, yes. It's the best thread title ever.

FF4 was my first FF, and I like it very much. It's not my favorite FF, but it's good none the less. if you hate it, then fine. I can't change your opinion.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
06-05-2005, 10:39 PM
FF4 is absolutely brilliant.

PS. I'm stuck, if you'd care to zip over to "For God's Sake help Me..."

ff-fanatix
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
wow if i started a thread for everygame i didnt like id be forever writing bloody threads......

the fact that we tell you its great and post spoilers is obviously gonna make you hate it more.....

over time ive learned its the games that people are /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif at, that people hate.....maybe its because you find the game 2 hard trying to control 5 players and having to actually get involved in the story that makes life difficult for you...therefore you hate it....

my brother does that.....he doesnt read what people are saying...fails to be immersed in the story...gets confused and angry and hates the game when he cant beat it....

so some people love ff4 for all these amaizng things such as 5 people parties...amaziong stories...and well worked characters.....

btu some people hate it for it..cant all have the same tastes...but we can all say as a majority...we love final fantasy in general....if not the why the hell you here???

My advice.....leave it in the cupboard for a while come abck to it at a later date.....thats what i ahd to do with ff5....all thsoe job classes were too much for me.....go through some earlier games and work your way up to it.....

...btw the bit that matey got stuck at in baron with the guards.....i did that too lol....took me hours to figure it out.....sometime we look at situations and fail to see the simple solution, just complexing things in our own minds lol....

Dewprincess
06-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I know how you feel about hating the game, though I'm not sure why the extra party member is a concern. (I'm simply finding it a lot harder than I was prepared for.) This is my second time attempting FFIV after I got mad at it last summer and swore not to play it again. Well, time passes and you forget how mad you get at games and I played it again, this time getting all the way to the final boss. Right now I'm mad at it again, ranted on my livejournal about how much I hate it, but sooner or later I'll calm down, level up some more, and hopefully beat it :)

If you really hate everything about the game then certainly don't play it. Personally, I feel that it has a great story and developed characters, which is why I went back to give it a second chance. There are plenty of other Final Fantasies out there that are very different from FFIV that you can play in the meantime!

Master Quan
06-13-2005, 02:24 PM
FFIV IS bollocks!

What is wrong with you?

And the plot has annoyed me, it doesn't seem very interesting and Golbez is possibly the worst villian ever.

I would like to enjoy this game, should I start playing from where I left off or should I just give up on it now?

Yes It probably is because you started with the later games.

How can 5 people be too much? It requires barely any more thought, and means that you should find the game easier.

Start playing from where you left off, If you didn't like the bits playing up till now, you're going to hate redoing them.

seein2stars
06-14-2005, 02:05 AM

I love the 5 people system, it's awesome, keep playing, (if your playing snes or psx) i would say rather play psx, because its harder

Butz
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
FF4 was easy, I played it on PS1 (no tricks , no cheats)..

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 01:08 AM
The game is great!! Keep on playing. I just think the storyline is OK but try it out more...

Wiegrahf42
06-27-2005, 01:55 AM
It's an alright game, we have to remember that it set all the standards for later FF's here in the U.S. Not my favorite, but not trash either.