PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: CODE Veronica *spoilers, huge ones*

Erdrick Holmes
05-19-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm replaying this game on my Dreamcast and I'm thinking, wouldn't Code Veronica count as RE4, and RE4 on the Gamecube count as RE5? Because if you payed attention to RECV's storyline during the game, it pretty much showed how Umbrella really got trashed, as the only remaining owners of the company and the heads of the bio-weapons research, Alfred and Alexia Ashford, died after battling Chris and Claire.

So, I wonder why they call RE4 "Resident Evil 4" insteadl of 5?

Dreddz
05-19-2005, 07:26 PM
smoking pot i presume

Lindy
05-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Code Veronica was counted as a side story, simple as that.

It doesn't cover the end of Umbrella, it covers the end of two Umbrella bases, the one in South America and the one in the Antarctic.

You've forgotten about Oswald Spencer, the head and leader of Umbrella, Alfred and Alexia were not the heads of the company.

Really, RE4 shouldn't be RE4 since it has nothing to do with zombies or Umbrella or whatever, but then Resident Evil : Leon Does Spain doesn't really fit well as a dramatic name, does it?

Pure Strife
05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe that RE4 was already planned for the PS2 when CV went into developement. That RE4 became Devil May Cry, and we never actually got a new RE for the PS2, not counting the Gun Survivor games.

In all honesty, I'm not sure why they didn't just call it RE4 and go on with their lives. I think after RE:CV they got a bit stuck for plot ideas, which is why we got an RE1 remake and a prequel (which just convulted the story) instead of an actual continuation.

Still, I've heard many a rumour about a Code: Veronica 2, so it's possible Capcom wanted to take the Redfields out of the picture and give them a branching series of their own to fall back on if they fucked up RE4. Hopefully if they do make a CV2 we'll get some bloody zombies, cause although the Ganado were for all intents and purposes the same moving targets, they didn't feel the same. Meh.

Erdrick Holmes
05-19-2005, 07:45 PM
The Redfields were the best characters in the series. The only character that's actually better then them is Leon.

Lindy
05-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Jill was better than Chris and Claire put together, she was the master of unlocking.

Though she won't be back, Resident Evil 3 was her "last escape".

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2005, 09:29 PM
No way man. RE:5 everything goes down. Wesker, Ada, Clair, Chris, Barry, Hunk, Leon, Sherry, Jill and Steve. Its gonna be one hell of a ride.

*dreams*

Lindy
05-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Ed...

Chris and Claire quit saving the world since Umbrella went down, thus no need for an anti-Umbrella organisation.

Barry went back to his family to live happily ever after.

HUNK only ever appears in mini-games.

Leon is working for the government on protecting the president and his family.

Sherry was taken in by the government too.

Jill stated that it was her "last escape" in RE3.

And Steve is just...well, Steve is DEAD.

EDIT : Well, since Wesker has every damned virus ever made, the plagas sample, and god knows what else, you know that he has to make his move eventually, and Ada will be by his side.

edczxcvbnm
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
1) Barry comes out of retirement after Umbrella comes after him to put him out of commision because he knows too much.

2) Steve isn't dead. Play Code Veronica X. He is possibly still alive(just like Ada was).

3) Last escape? Yes. Last round of breaking in and ass kicking? NO!

4) Leon maybe doing that but now that Ada is back he is once again throwen into the hurricane.

5) Hunk not only is in mini-games but many of the documents you read through out RE2,3 and CV

Long story short. They are never out of the game!

Lindy
05-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Uhh, there's no more Umbrella, it died, they stated that in RE4, so they couldn't come after Barry since they don't exist.

Steve is so totally dead, I played CVX, HE IS SO TOTALLY DEAD, Wesker stole his body for the T-Veronica Virus.

Jill's "last escape" thing was also a comment about her just getting out of the whole dealing with Umbrella and zombies stuff, which to be honest I'd be pretty sick of if I were her.

Leon IS too busy with his new job, and besides, he wouldn't be back in another game after he had RE4 all to himself as well as RE2, two games, they can't give him a third.

So what if HUNK is in documents? He appears in one in RE2, and the 4th Survivor mini-game, I don't remember any in RE3, but he had an epilogue. He's just a mini-game character, and besides, he works (or rather worked) for Umbrella, they're not around any more so realistically neither should he.

edczxcvbnm
05-20-2005, 05:57 AM
You just can't take the pressure. You don't want to see it all go down in RE5 man. RESIDENT EVIL 5: The Revenge of the Plot Hole!

I just want to say he has another game...Resident Evil Gaiden where he and barry team up! So fucking sad.

Lindy
05-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Actually, if you'd played Resi Gaiden, you would know that it was all a dream and never actually happened.

I do want to see stuff happen in RE5, just that most of the characters have been cut out already so there's not many left to work with.

Realistically, it could only be Chris and Claire, since they're kinda after Wesker, but even then...

There are hints that Sherry will appear, either as a main character or a villain though.

edczxcvbnm
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
The real reason why I say anyone can come back at any time is because they seem to do whatever they want. Resident Evil: Zero was a "How can we make more money?" type of plot and bringing back Wesker in Resident Evil: CV was a "You know what would be really cool?" type of thing. They can bring back anyone they want and justify it through plot not revealed yet in the games. They made that whole Wesker's Report that Ada was working for him and all this other crap just to help justify having Wesker be alive. Granted it is cool and it works but if after RE3 I said they should bring back wesker the same thing would be said "He is already dead" and stuff :erm:

I just want to see an end to the series with an all out end to everything and everyone for good.

Erdrick Holmes
05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Also, about Code Veronica. The relationship between Alexia and Alfred. Were they in an incest love affair or something or is Alfred just THAT crazy?

Lindy
05-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Brother and sister, just when they found out they were genetically engineered, and coupled with Alexia being "dead", Alfred went crazy and did the whole "pretending to be Alexia" junk.

Pure Strife
05-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Uhh, there's no more Umbrella, it died, they stated that in RE4, so they couldn't come after Barry since they don't exist.

Steve is so totally dead, I played CVX, HE IS SO TOTALLY DEAD, Wesker stole his body for the T-Veronica Virus.

Go read Wesker's report 1/2. They have them on Game FAQs somewhere.

Jill's "last escape" thing was also a comment about her just getting out of the whole dealing with Umbrella and zombies stuff, which to be honest I'd be pretty sick of if I were her.

Whereas Leon was planning to get back into dealing with Ada/monsters/whatever? No, he got a job and pissed off. If someone else had been assigned to the President, they would have gone looking. Jill could be an optician at Donald and Atchison, doesn't mean she won't go off on a business conference where Umbrella/Wesker/whoever is using zombies to stage a hostile takeover of D&A and ends up kicking some ass. Jill is also Mikami's favourite character, though I don't know if he'll have anything to do with RE5.

Leon IS too busy with his new job, and besides, he wouldn't be back in another game after he had RE4 all to himself as well as RE2, two games, they can't give him a third.

I can see them brining him back as the main character, I think I read somewhere they're already thinking about bringing him back, but since I don't have a source atm I'll disgard that. Point is, they changed the series and the villian and continued his contact with Ada, he could be the main character of the next few games in the series if Capcom think it'll make a good/consumer-effective plot.

So what if HUNK is in documents? He appears in one in RE2, and the 4th Survivor mini-game, I don't remember any in RE3, but he had an epilogue. He's just a mini-game character, and besides, he works (or rather worked) for Umbrella, they're not around any more so realistically neither should he.

I think HUNK works for Wesker now, I was half expecting him to play a part in RE4. What's more likely is he'll have played some part in RE4 that we didn't see that dramatically changes the plot leading into RE5, because that'd be an easy way for Capcom to do it.

I do want to see stuff happen in RE5, just that most of the characters have been cut out already so there's not many left to work with.

If Chris had starred in RE4 you could argue Leon had been cut out. There's still every chance of any main character showing up in RE5, like ed says, they can do whatever they want.

Lindy
05-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Go read Wesker's report 1/2. They have them on Game FAQs somewhere.
How about you go read them? Then you'd know there was no reference to Steve in them at all, it only refers to the mansion and racoon city incidents. The only references to Barry are of the Mansion incident as well.

Croyles
05-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Actually i cant believe none of you know this but Jill, Claire, Barry, Wesker, leon, Chris and all of the rest never actually existed they were just the figment of Ashfields (the head of Umbrella, Alexias/thingys grandfather) imagination while he was having a nightmare after finding out that he his company has exceeded their annual budget and have a high possibility of being closed down. Jill was actually a character from one of his former wet dreams but somehow jumped into the story. all the games youve played are just his dreams.

so there, i bet no one knew that.