PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears, Xenosaga or Xenosaga II? Whats your favourite?

Destai
05-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Which soundtrack do you prefer? Yasunori Mitsude who did the Chrono series made Xenogears and enosaga I's soundtracks while Yuki Kaijura from .hack//sign did the music for the movie scenes (not the crappy gameplay music) in Xenosaga II. Which ones do you like most? I thought Xenogears was fairly plain but I loved Xenosaga I&II. I could listen to II instantly. The music is so uniques and ,well brilliant. Xenosaga I's soundtrack is one of my fav soundtracks ever.

Vyk
05-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Xenogears. Very ominous and captivating at times. And some of the best peices from Chrono Trigger were re-done and given new life. Xenosaga (haven't played 2, and don't intend to) seemed a lot like elevator music rather than something you're supposed to be interested in. Probably because there's a lot of time spent running around, in towns and whatnot... I dunno. It just didn't catch me like XG did. Nothing about it did. KOS-MOS was the best though.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Xenogears, although the others are good too.

-N-
05-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Xenogears, a very solid, all-around OST.

Vortigar
05-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Xenogears hands down (especially Creid). The songs span a wide variety of moods, and compliment the game perfectly. Xenosaga was a solid soundtrack; however, I agree that it sounded more like elevator music. The focus of that game wasn't the music, it was the visuals, which is I why I think the soundtrack lacks a little. As for Xenosaga II, it doesn't even compare to either. It's like comparing FFX-II to FFX. Two completely different composers, and one is CLEARLY more talented than the other (in this case Yasunori Mitsuda).

My name is...something..?
05-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Xenogears.
I love that soundtrack. The other two don't even come close.

Destai
05-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Xenogears hands down (especially Creid). The songs span a wide variety of moods, and compliment the game perfectly. Xenosaga was a solid soundtrack; however, I agree that it sounded more like elevator music. The focus of that game wasn't the music, it was the visuals, which is I why I think the soundtrack lacks a little. As for Xenosaga II, it doesn't even compare to either. It's like comparing FFX-II to FFX. Two completely different composers, and one is CLEARLY more talented than the other (in this case Yasunori Mitsuda).Ok so you said in another thread you cant compare FFVI and Chrono Trigger but now you're calling Yasunori Mitsuda far better than Yuki Kaijura? Trust me Yuki Kaijura is very talented as anyone whos heard fatal fight and/or Communication Breakdown will know, and I think shes far better than some watered down Nobuo Uematsa. What makes my opinion better than yours? Nothing, which is why people shouldnt make statements like how one composer is superior on two completely different soundtracks.

Vortigar
05-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Ok so you said in another thread you cant compare FFVI and Chrono Trigger but now you're calling Yasunori Mitsuda far better than Yuki Kaijura? Trust me Yuki Kaijura is very talented as anyone whos heard fatal fight and/or Communication Breakdown will know, and I think shes far better than some watered down Nobuo Uematsa. What makes my opinion better than yours? Nothing, which is why people shouldnt make statements like how one composer is superior on two completely different soundtracks.

Nowhere in my post did i ever say that Yuki Kaijura is not a talented composer. I said that Yasunori is more talented, but that is all. And as for your opinion about Yuki vs. Nobuo, that's your opinion, if that's what you think between the two then I can respect that. I fail to see why you got so worked up over an opinionated post, which is odd because you're asking a question that demands an opinionated answer. It's impossible to stay neutral if you say anything beyond "I like soandso better", due to the fact that you then start justifying why the composer you like is better, in the form of reasons. I'll admit my opinion is stated very boldly, but if you don't agree, i don't see a reply like that as being necessary. At any rate i'm not out to make enemies, as I just joined the board and am finding a lot of stuff to reply to and talk about so I appologize if I offended you.

Destai
05-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Ok so you said in another thread you cant compare FFVI and Chrono Trigger but now you're calling Yasunori Mitsuda far better than Yuki Kaijura? Trust me Yuki Kaijura is very talented as anyone whos heard fatal fight and/or Communication Breakdown will know, and I think shes far better than some watered down Nobuo Uematsa. What makes my opinion better than yours? Nothing, which is why people shouldnt make statements like how one composer is superior on two completely different soundtracks.

Nowhere in my post did i ever say that Yuki Kaijura is not a talented composer. I said that Yasunori is more talented, but that is all. And as for your opinion about Yuki vs. Nobuo, that's your opinion, if that's what you think between the two then I can respect that. I fail to see why you got so worked up over an opinionated post, which is odd because you're asking a question that demands an opinionated answer. It's impossible to stay neutral if you say anything beyond "I like soandso better", due to the fact that you then start justifying why the composer you like is better, in the form of reasons. I'll admit my opinion is stated very boldly, but if you don't agree, i don't see a reply like that as being necessary. At any rate i'm not out to make enemies, as I just joined the board and am finding a lot of stuff to reply to and talk about so I appologize if I offended you.Im not irritated by your post but Im a Yuki fan I didnt like seeing a statement saying Mitsuda outclassed her and I would have called it a statement more than an opinion.

Vortigar
05-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I don't know what was going through my head when I made my original post but I must have been irritated at something, as I try not to sound as blatantly malicious as I did. If I could restate my main point from the original post, let it just be that I prefer Yasunori Mitsuda to Yuki Kaijura when comparing the Xenogears soundtrack to Xenosaga II. ANd actually, since I saw Communication Breakdown in your post I hunted it down to listen to it, since I didn't remember the song, and it is superbly good.

Destai
05-29-2005, 01:56 AM
Well I have to say with your recommendation in mind I found the Creid soundtrack and it roxors my socks. If your opinion of the soundtrack is coming from playing the game (which Ive never played) as opposed to listening to the soundtrack itself then I could see where your coming from as episode II had two composers. Yuki was one who did the movie scenes and the other one was someguy who did the apparently terrible background music.

Vortigar
05-29-2005, 03:01 AM
Wow that certainly explains a lot. Yeah my only experience with the music is from the 5ish hours of the game i've played. I'll have to look into more of the music to find the stuff Yuki did, as i wasn't aware there were two composers (and my first post is based on the guy who did the horrible background music). Seems I misjudged Yuki on music she didn't even compose (sorry Yuki!):eek: I'm currently looking around for the full Xenosaga II soundtrack so i can hear it for myself.

Also, i'm glad to hear you are enjoying Creid. It's been an old favorite of mine for a long while, and I still find myself listening to it. I especially love June Mermaid, Lahan, and Two Wings from that soundtrack, although they are all good in unique ways.

Destai
05-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Well for anyone whos interested ffadvanced have recently set up the soundtrack for download.
http://www.ffadvanced.com/xenosaga/xenosaga2/xenosaga2 soundtrack.php

Vortigar
05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Good stuff, downloading it now.