PDA

View Full Version : How long do we have left???

Cruise Control
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
How long do you think Squaresoft has left untill EA absorbs and assimilates them? My bet is on 2, maybe 3 consoles. Or until they run out of exciting plot lines.

Can no one stop EA's reign of terror? I mean for heavens sake, they practically own renderware. Whats next, the government? I say the government has a few years left (just kidding).

Gwelenguchenkus
05-20-2005, 01:46 AM
I will fight to the death before that happens.

Cruise Control
05-20-2005, 01:48 AM
I'd say another flop like X-2 (don't get me wrong I liked it so much, i got 205 hours out of it), and squaresoft goes down the drain.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Square's next ten games could be "flops" and they'd still keep going because you can usually count on people to buy anything with their name on it. It's good and bad, really.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-20-2005, 02:01 AM
Actually, since their popularity is so high right now, I'd say it would take a few really 'bad' games before people start associating the new Final Fantasies with 'crap' ::gasp::

I don't think that will happen for a long while, though. Even with games like FFX-2 (I'm not sure it really did that bad, actually.. IIRC the sales were pretty good), Square-Enix is still making some very polished, quality games.

rubah
05-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Didn't square have some deal with EA a few years ago? that fell through when they merged with enix?

I can't really invision a takeover though.

Cruise Control
05-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Compared to the sales of most Final Fantasy games, it was pretty bad.
They did have a deal. It fell through, and now squaresoft remains one of the few fortresses of resistance against the onslaught of EA's purchase/liquidation scheme.

DJZen
05-20-2005, 04:27 AM
What the heck are you babbling about?

Raven Nox
05-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Umm... ok... :lol:

If EA ever takes over SE, you might as well kill me. I hate, I repeat, HATE EA Games! All the games they make is crap except the Sims, and that can get boring pretty easy. They'd destory the FF series, of all the games of theirs I've played, it seemed like they didn't even try, they just slaped something together and called it done. They sucked. Oh my sweet Christmas, they sucked.

Yuffie514
05-20-2005, 08:11 AM
How long do you think Squaresoft has left untill EA absorbs and assimilates them? My bet is on 2, maybe 3 consoles. Or until they run out of exciting plot lines.

Can no one stop EA's reign of terror? I mean for heavens sake, they practically own renderware. Whats next, the government? I say the government has a few years left (just kidding).

speaking of assimilation, SE willl assimilate fans of the no.#1 XBOX game into MORE Final Fantasy fanatics! ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

DMKA
05-20-2005, 05:24 PM
X-2 flop? What the hell are you talking about? That game did rediculously well.

KuRt
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Don´t buy crap from EA.

ThroneofDravaris
05-20-2005, 05:48 PM
They did have a deal. It fell through, and now squaresoft remains one of the few fortresses of resistance against the onslaught of EA's purchase/liquidation scheme.

errr

Top 10 Final Fantasy sales as seen in gamepro magazine:

1.FFVII
2.FFX
3.FFVIII
4.FFIX
*5.FFX-2*
6.FFT
7.FFTA
8.FFA
9.FFCC
10.FFC

Not all that bad...

DJZen
05-20-2005, 08:18 PM
You know, I just bought LotR: The 3rd Age. It's really sweet. You should definitely check it out. It's like FFX only in Middle Earth, so no blitzball. Oh and the dialogue is a lot better.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM

errr

1.FFVII
2.FFX
3.FFVIII
4.FFIX
*5.FFX-2*
6.FFT
7.FFTA
8.FFA
9.FFCC
10.FFC

Not all that bad...

WHAT! Tactics is that high? That makes me happy.

Yuffie514
05-22-2005, 11:17 PM

1.FFVII
2.FFX
3.FFVIII
4.FFIX
*5.FFX-2*
6.FFT
7.FFTA
8.FFA
9.FFCC
10.FFC

Not all that bad...

is that in order? FFX may be a breakthrough in the series, but i insist FFVIII be kicked up a notch.

abrojtm
05-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Go buy a couple hundred thousand copies of FFVIII and maybe it will be number 2 ;)

rubah
05-23-2005, 01:03 AM
As long as it's beating out ff9xD

Yuffie514
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Go buy a couple hundred thousand copies of FFVIII and maybe it will be number 2 ;)

i will...advertise it in Africa and get everyone there to play it! it'll be like nothing they've ever experienced!

...i'll make pirated copies and sell them in China Town. :tongue: :tongue:

Fireblade13
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I actually enjoy certain EA games like LOTR but they murdered Harry Potter with difficulty. Sims loses its feel easilly with how quickly the bars drop. FF will never fall it was started as a last ray of hope and will march on in the same way for gamers.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
As long as it's beating out ff9xD

WHAT! I love FF9 :cry:

squareSOFT
05-27-2005, 12:22 AM
You know, I just bought LotR: The 3rd Age. It's really sweet. You should definitely check it out. It's like FFX only in Middle Earth, so no blitzball. Oh and the dialogue is a lot better.

It is a COMPLETE copy-off of FFX right down to the exact buttons. It has bland charaxters and no story(literally). One of the worst RPG's i've ever played. EA is all crap!!!

DJZen
05-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Uhhh.... no, it's not a copy, and I can list several reasons why, but I'd rather just make silly comments at this hour. For example:

Did you know that you can take your characters's clothes off in this game? O.O

Now, because I'm still confused as to what this thread is about, I'll ask again.

Huh? What's going on? Where am I? Who are you people? WHY AM I NOT WEARING ANY PANTS?!

I mean...

Could someone please explain what this supposed threat from EA is? I'm horribly confused as to how EA could possibly pose any threat to the corporate juggernaut that is Squenix.