PDA

View Full Version : Travel Sickness

Xander
05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you get travel sickness? I do and it REALLY sucks ;__; If you do, have you got any good cures that actually work? When I was younger I tried loads of stuff but it didn't really help. Okay, maybe I should just learn that I cannot play my GBA whilst travelling. But gah, that's the point of it ;__;

Armisael
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah i do when i am travelling with car and bus!I try not just to think about it!Not that it works but anyway!^_^
Sometimes i get some pills though!

Craig
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
If I travel for too long I start to feel a little ill, but that's about it.

TheAbominatrix
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
I get it if I'm concentrating on something else (reading or playing games) or if we're going on curvy roads. I've actually had to throw up before. It really sucks.

Dr.K
05-20-2005, 12:59 PM
The only travel ailment I get is a painful backside, but I have some relatives who get travel sickness. I hear that the best way to curb it is to focus on distant objects in the landscape, and that focusing on objects very close to you like a book, or say, a GBA ( :p ) usually results in nausea. Another very good remedy is to eat ginger before you set off, but ginger is nasty! Ginger cookies on the other hand...

Jess
05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I used to get Travel Sickness, still do every now and again. But there are some pills that you can get that stops travel sickness, or atleast calms it down. I can't remember what they are called though. :(

Lindy
05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Every time you talk about it, I'm all nice and understanding, but inside I'm giggling since I never get it because of my iron stomach.

*mean*

Jebus
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't get travel sick. I read and play gameboy in cars with no problem for long stretches of time. Although because the roads suck here in Missouri, it's hard to read because of all the bumps the vehicle shakes, which makes it hard to read.

Devourment
05-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Do you get travel sickness? I do and it REALLY sucks ;__; If you do, have you got any good cures that actually work? When I was younger I tried loads of stuff but it didn't really help. Okay, maybe I should just learn that I cannot play my GBA whilst travelling. But gah, that's the point of it ;__; :eek: You can't play your GBA!! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't play mine whilst I was travelling! Maybe just sleep! :love:

I've never been on a plain, but I've been on a ferry & trains (of course). I did feel a bit sick the first time I went on a train. Same goes for when I rode a ferry. Normally on the trains, it's the smell that makes me feel sick! I'm okay on ferries now though so I'm not sick anymore.

Hmmm. Cures... try to relax yourself, I know it's a bit silly, but if you ease your mind you might not feel as sick as much. Before you go on a long journey perhaps getting some good rest would help too! :p

Xander
05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Every time you talk about it, I'm all nice and understanding, but inside I'm giggling since I never get it because of my iron stomach.

*mean*

I seem to remember you feeling very sick on a bus to Bath about a year ago, and you weren't giggling then. Hehe. *giggles*

Captain Maxx Power
05-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I actually get the opposite, I get stationary sickness. If I stare at the same point or am in the same position for a long period of time I start to feel nausea.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-20-2005, 03:38 PM
i get car sick which is really bad considering i love travelling, i used to get really sick on car rides but now i can control it but i just cant go really long ride :choc:

Destai
05-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I never really have had trouble with car rides, boats or aeroplanes.

Chris
05-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Whenever I travel back to Denmark (from the Philippines) I always get an upset stomach.
The crappy food, the flight and the exhausting waiting, I hate waiting. :(

Rainecloud
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I only get travel sickness when I'm on a coach for some reason.

I'm fine when I'm in a car/bus or on a plane. *shrugs*

Ashi
05-20-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm known to be car sick a lot. For some reason it never happens on buses/coaches, though. But on my way to college every morning...ugh. Also, the time of the day seems to be a factor as well, and traffic. If the car has to stop/move every few minutes it gets kinda bad. And it's bad when it's really early in the morning or around midday, don't remember getting sick at any other times.

Edit: And yes, at any time of the day if I attempt to read or play a portable game in a car I'd get really sick.

One time we had to stop at the nearest pharmacy and get pills for travel sickness.

Jojee
05-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Yess sometimes I get car sick when I'm riding in other people's cars. Then I threaten them to stop the car or I'll puke on them, and then we go out and frolick in the sunshine ^_^

Oh, and video games -_- First person shooters!? GAH!! Spiro the dragon or something, GAH!! I can't... do those games... cos' I get so sick..

I love buses though, never get sick on buses ^_^ They're so comfy. Oh, when I say buses, I don't mean public buses. They can just be scary. I meant school buses and coach buses... :</>D Fun!

louby_4eva
05-20-2005, 06:18 PM
I get travel sick as well, I just put up with it, I find that I feel less sick if I sit next to an open window. Oh, and don't have a mint if you're feeling travel sick, so not a good idea.

Smile and Be happy :love:

rubah
05-21-2005, 12:35 AM
I never got sick on a trip until we went to Blanchard Springs. The roads around Mountain view/home near Clinton ARE AWFUL.

Now winding mountain roads make me feel ill if I think too much. So I just focus on the music and try to curl up into a ball.

Kirobaito
05-21-2005, 12:38 AM
I've never had a problem with travel sickness. Hopefully I never will. I've always been perfectly fine on planes, and cars are just fine for me.

Lindy
05-21-2005, 01:52 AM
So, from this thread, and experience from my own mother and sister, it appears that all girls suffer awfully from travel sickness.

And really sucky guys.

Shlup
05-21-2005, 02:02 AM
I get motion sick when the car is hot and humid. I fix it by putting a penny in my belly button. :D

ShiggtyLuffLuff
05-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Never been sick from traveling, glad for that too since the recent traveling we've been doing I've been the one driving. Bleh. I know there are anti car sickness pills but I don't know what they are called. ;.;

Shlup
05-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I believe you're thinking of Dramamine. That's what my grandma takes anyway.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
05-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah! That's the stuff, don't they sell it at Gas stations? :confused:

TheAbominatrix
05-21-2005, 02:30 AM
They sell it most everywhere. I took some for the boat trip I went on.

I get slightly sick if I read on planes. It's mainly that I just get nervous, I think.

kikimm
05-21-2005, 03:10 AM
Oh. My. God. I get it all the time. No, really. That's why I hate going places, especially with my friends, because I get it so easily, and it's embarressing. If I look down for more than 10 seconds, it comes. So yeah, I throw up all the time.

Oh---nothing I've tried has EVER worked for me, except Dramamine. Wow. When I was on a plane last week, I was miserable the entire time, threw up, blah blah, all that good stuff. But I took it on the way home, and I didn't feel A THING. So take that stuff, it really, really works. They do have the less drowsy kind too, if that bothers you. :) But yeah, that stuff rocks.

:D

Jewels
05-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I used to feel air-sick but now I'm ok. I actually like the plane food now. And I never get car-sick.

Strider
05-21-2005, 08:09 AM
I've never been affected by travel sickness. I rule.

Rusty
05-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I never suffer from travel sickness :)

nik0tine
05-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I was under the impression that travel sickness was a myth.

Shlup
05-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I was under the impression that travel sickness was a myth.
Tell that to my stomach.

I should dig up the photos of the fish eating my vomit after I got sea sick... They're some of my favorite vacation photos.

boris no no
05-21-2005, 06:17 PM
i used to be sick going to the nearsest town which is only 3 miles away :'(
i get so bad sometimes. i suck on boiled sweets to make me feel better.