PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision!

Armisael
05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
So tommorrow night,Eurovision is going to be held..Is anyone else gonna watch it?
Any predictions?

p.s I believe Greece wil take "the number one!"^_^

Polaris
05-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Eurovision - The songs contest?! Wasn't it yesterday?!

Armisael
05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Eurovision - The songs contest?! Wasn't it yesterday?!
Nope tommorow is the final!^_^

jrgen
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
I saw the semi-finals yesterday. I was pretty surprised. There were actually a few decent songs.

ZuZu
05-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Damn sure I going to watch it! Even Finland didn't maked to the final. Oh, Why!? :D ;)
Norway was very interesting. Men singing in tricots, black lipstick..., but hey, they are in final.

Leene
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
You are the one you 're my number one
the only treasure i'll ever have
you are the one you 're my
number one anything for you cause
you are the one i love.
:save: Go Greece go! :save:

Destai
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I hate the eurovision. Once a song enters it, its forever scarred as eurotrash.

Chris
05-20-2005, 04:13 PM
All the songs are bad, I mean, really bad.
It's seems to be a pattern in these Eurovision contests. :rolleyes2

Armisael
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
You mean this year?

tomamar04
05-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I want the UK to win, because I'm patriotic.

Chris
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
You mean this year?
I mean every year. :D

Rainecloud
05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
I watch Eurovision for comedic value. :)

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I'll only watch it if Britian has a decent singer and song in store. Javine is a good singer but "Touch My Fire" is not going to win and I know it because it is so crap and plus Britain is probably the most hated European country. Actually I don't think that Britian has ever had a decent group, singer or song. We had Precious (eurgh!), Gemini (an even bigger EURGH!) and a whole lot of other crap. Now if Javine was replaced by Joss Stone singing "Spoiled" (or anyone who would be described as the British Christina Aguilera) then hell yeah I'd watch because with her and that song, there would be a chance of her winning. Is the contest only for pop music?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
yay another night of crappy songs, but actually i like Eurovision, every year me and my family have a bet on who wins, last year i had the choice between Ukraine and Norway, stupidly i chose norway, Norway came dead last with 3 points and Ukraine won :choc:

tomamar04
05-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Even if the UK had an amazing songs, and all the others were crap, we still wouldn't win. No one in Europe likes the UK (except Malta).

Brian The Pink Shark
05-21-2005, 09:12 AM
i personally feel that we should have been made to miss last year out after the disapointment of Gemini (nul points) its only fair on the other countries :choc:

FallenSilence
05-21-2005, 09:24 AM
I watch it every year just to see how damn terrible it is!

tomamar04
05-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Jemini was 2003, we had James Fox last year who finished about 10th.

Wuggly Blight
05-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Im watching it right now, and its awful... it never gets better. Its a form of torcher, I watch it for comic value but I cant even stand that now.

Shoden
05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
its pointless bad singers from around the globe gather into a tournament and are voted by failed or crappy celebs

Rye
05-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I still don't get this thing. I'm American, so most people here have never even heard of it. What's the point of this whole thing? Is it like some kinda patriotic Pop Idol thingy, except one song representing a country instead of different singers from one country?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-21-2005, 09:56 PM
i think that Norway song is brilliant, but im putting my money on Boznia-herzegovina that really sounds like a winner :choc:

jrgen
05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
The worst song of them all won. Not very unexpected.
Moldova or Hungary should've won.

Psychotic
05-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Most people in Western Europe watch it because the songs are so terrible, it's funny.

Most people in Eastern Europe watch it because they take it all seriously, which explains why they all vote for their neighbours.

Haha, Moldova made me laugh. :love:

jrgen
05-22-2005, 12:59 AM
All the countries in western Europe vote for their neighbours too. It's just that the songs of the western countries suck more, so they get less votes overall.

tomamar04
05-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Did anyone else notice that the 4 biggest European countries, excluding Russia, came 4th to last (Spain), 3rd to last (UK), 2nd to last (France), and Last(Germany).

gokufusionss1
05-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Terry wogan was class just taking the mick out of everyone.

Craig
05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I only caught a couple of songs, didn't manage to see the UK's.

It's true we only watch it because most of the acts are terribly untalented.

Leene
05-22-2005, 12:53 PM
:save: Well done Greece!
Well done Helena!
Greece were great! :save:

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/img/01_winnergreece_050521.jpg

Resha
05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I found out what it was...sort of. It seems to be a joke, from what people say. Dang, I wish we got a broadcast. xDDD

Polaris
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
To Portugal win I must go there and sing! They lost agaian...

Levian
05-23-2005, 10:53 PM
The nr. 1 reason why I watch Eurovision is Terry Wogan. It's only a pluss if Norway, which is my homecountry, has a decent song. Which we did this year. COMEONEOCMEOMENOENOECKOMEON I'M WEARING BLACK LIPSTICK AND COMWEONEOOCOMEONCOMEOPNCOMEON. :cool:

Zeldy
05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
The Uk should have won.. -_-
Our song was better than the greece song.I dont like javine but she is a good singer.
Nobody likes the Uk anymore. Did you notice how Germany,France,United Kingdom and Spain where at the bottom? We're the most important countries in the EU! we contribute the most! Gaawd...

jrgen
05-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Our song was better than the greece song.I dont like javine but she is a good singer.
Nobody likes the Uk anymore. Did you notice how Germany,France,United Kingdom and Spain where at the bottom? We're the most important countries in the EU! we contribute the most! Gaawd...
The songs from those countries were just as horrible as the winning song. And this event has nothing at all to do with the EU. Music is not a science either and therefore it is impossible to compete in it.

Zeldy
05-30-2005, 04:36 PM
The songs from those countries were just as horrible as the winning song. And this event has nothing at all to do with the EU. Music is not a science either and therefore it is impossible to compete in it.

Was the Malta song any good? No, some fat lady singing.
But they got alot more posts than us.
Countries just vote for their neighbouring countries.

Rye
05-30-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm glad Western Europe just watches to laugh, as it's an unfair competition. People just vote for their home countries or allies. It has nothing to do with talent. It'd be like people on American Idol getting votes based on where they live. Like: "Oooh, Carrie lived in (weird southern town, I dunno) I'd better vote her because I live there!" That happens sometimes in AI, but at least it's not a major thing.

jrgen
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=jrgen]Was the Malta song any good? No, some fat lady singing.
Yes, neighbouring countries are more likely to vote for eachother, but this is not a competition in which each country send the musically best artist to decide which country is the best musically. All countries send crap and that's fine as this is not a contest to be taken seriously. I just dislike it when people from countries that send bad songs whine about how they should've received more points and I especially dislike it when people go "The UK is the most important country in the EU, so obviously we should've received a higher score as we are the culturally superior nation.".

Leene
05-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Was the Malta song any good? No, some fat lady singing.

:save: I think that the Greek song was the best that is why Greece came first. Every year the best song wins.
I agree that countries just vote for their neighbouring countries but those countrys who are voted by their neighbours never come first they just take a good place.
So do you think that if Greece was not good UK would give 12 points?
:save:

Zeldy
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
We did? i never really watched it. I just think Terry Wogans Commentary was funny, he was right! The lady who presented its voice was so annoying >_>
But come on.. how many years is it now that we're always at the bottom? Surely Javine deserved a bit more than 18 points in total!
Yeh james fox was awful so we deserved "Nil pwa" for that.

Leene
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
:save: Yeah i agree.I think that Javine diserved a better place.
But what really annoys me is that everybody in this topic say that Greece did not deserve the first place but i think Greece deserved it. :save:

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
There song didnt seem so bad to be honest.
But i just think it was alot like ours, yet you win and we came last..

Leene
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
:save: Our song was a mix of ethnic and pop.UK's song was just pop. :save:

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Our song was a gamble really, thats the music that dominates our music charts, plus, she released that song awhile ago.
It makes you think, if Jordan had sung for us, would we have got higher?
a 6 month pregnant model..

Leene
05-31-2005, 01:10 PM
:save: I think your song was usual.Our song was unusual. :save:

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Im not a sour loser, ... , Congratulations to greece!
Lets hope next year we do good :fpsweat:
They should get some rock in there instead of pop!

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Damn it the judges in the semi-finals should have chosen Jordan in a tight PVC catsuit instead of Javine. Sure she can't sing but then she could have flashed her boobs at everyone and UK would have gotten at least 22 more points or so. Hell this country is full of tarts and sluts so why don't we use that to our advantage?! :D. If it was a rock contest then we'd so win if Lostprophets entered

Leene
05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Im not a sour loser, ... , Congratulations to greece!
Lets hope next year we do good :fpsweat:
They should get some rock in there instead of pop!
:save: That's the spirit! :save:

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Damn it the judges in the semi-finals should have chosen Jordan in a tight PVC catsuit instead of Javine. Sure she can't sing but then she could have flashed her boobs at everyone and UK would have gotten at least 22 more points or so. Hell this country is full of tarts and sluts so why don't we use that to our advantage?! :D. If it was a rock contest then we'd so win if Lostprophets entered
She was 6 months pregnant!
Plus, she is so ugly :fphung:
And i say Cradle of Filth to go in, Dani Filth is so hot!

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-31-2005, 01:38 PM
I know lol but you know how some men are hopeless :rolleyes2 and Ian Watkins is so much more sexier!! And how could I forget congratulations Greece

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 01:43 PM
And how could I forget congratulations Greece
You silly moo! :fpcow:
and who's Ian Watkins? Of course.. no one can beat Lauri Ylönen!