PDA

View Full Version : AOL / Internet Explorer problems

Ffgrandmaster
05-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I have windows XP and I wanna know how to get rid of Internet Explorer Pop ups/ ads as they keep kicking me off AOL. This is my fourth time trying to submit this cause they keep shutting down AOL on me, Iv'e called AOL but they didn't help and I don't know how to contact Internet Explorer Someone please help
(Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum)

Vyk
05-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Pop-ups don't just happen. You've got adware (: If only I could think of the URLs to pages that have Spybot and Ad-aware for download...

Ffgrandmaster
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
I've got Ad-Aware and AOL Spy Zapper + most of the Pop ups are downloads for registry repair and Adware/Spyware programs

DMKA
05-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Well prepare to be bombarded with "OMG IE SUX GET TEH BEST BROWSER EVAH TEH FIREFOX NOW YOU STOOPID NOOB!11" post any minute now.

But yeah, it's exactly what Vyk said...you need to kill adware/spyware, which is what's doing that...plus if you have windows xp and you're getting popups, you've either turned the blocker off or that's some really evil spyware (which it probably is).

Ffgrandmaster
05-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks ... I had Ad-Aware but did't activate it *Hits self on head repeatdly* and my Spy-Zapper download was corrupted *Hits self more*

Necron
05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Aol has its own built in pop-up blocker. If you are on Aol 9 then it is at the bottom of the page (the second option)

CLick on it, and then click 'turn pop up controlls on'
I have Aol, and have used this method, and i never get pop up (other than the odd one that can pass the block)

:)

rubah
05-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Or you could do as Dimkah so generously suggested, and use firefox, which has a very spiffy additional Adblock plugin :o