PDA

View Full Version : Nemisis!

Shinobi
05-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Can you guys give me some stratagies on how how to defeat nemisis?

boys from the dwarf
05-20-2005, 08:06 PM
O.K first get most of your stats around 200 and then have everyone have about 20 or 30 thousand. get your agility as high as you can too.nemi counters with power ful attacks so you might want to sacrifice a few aeons to save your characters. use quick hits and have everyone ready with there best overdrives to take of some major hp at the start of the battle as well as using aeon overdrives. have as many people with there ultimate weopon so your aeons can break the damage limit and keep hp high and try to have your aeons last as long as possible.

Shalashaska
05-20-2005, 08:12 PM
If your stats are high enough just Quick Hit with everyone and use an aeon to block Nemesis' attacks. You do not need Break HP Limit, but having Celestial Weapons for the 3 characters you plan on using should be a very high priority.

Do not use overdrives unless your M. Defense is very high because Nemesis counters overdrives with Ultima.

Legendary Caladbolg
05-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Also try to get good armor. With stuff like auto-haste and auto-protect.

boys from the dwarf
05-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Thats why i said break the hp limit. so you can survive his ultima counter attack

Cuchulainn
05-20-2005, 09:52 PM
You don't actually need to break hp limit, infact I'd advise against it. Unless you do the Dark Yojimbo reset trick, getting dark matter can be extremely longwinded & tedious.
Just max stats (except magic, that too is pointless, long winded & not needed), and cast Auto-Life. You will beat him. I have beaten every enemy in the game, including Dark Aeon's, with not one character with Break HP Limit.
Quick Hits & Auto-Life are your eternal friend.

rubah
05-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Psh, break hp limit is useless.

if you're dealing him 99999 each time, you won't need to use all seven aeons before you kill him, especially if you've got some nice 220+ agility and haste. Or if you can guess which one he will hit with the attack one person only attacks, you could get the number down to about three or so. He gives you break hp limit slots, so it only gets easier.

I like his 'omg ho noes kill everyone!' attack. It's pretty.

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 09:41 AM
actually cuchulaain breaking the hp limit makes every battle including nemisis a lot easier.

Ultima Shadow
05-21-2005, 03:22 PM
actually cuchulaain breaking the hp limit makes every battle including nemisis a lot easier.
Nope. Auto-Protect, Auto Potion, 255 defense and Trio of 9999 makes EVERY battle A LOT easier. :cool:

rubah
05-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Isn't trio of 9999 outdated with break dmg limit? X.x;; I never quite saw what was so good about it.

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 07:20 PM
along with the things you said as well as break HP limit makes every battle easier.

Shalashaska
05-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Here we go again with the BHPL debate. :rolleyes2 Use it if you want just understand that it is not needed for any battle (including Penance) and can actually make some battles harder. However, it does look much 'cooler' to have 75,000 HP than 9,999HP. ;)

Cuchulainn
05-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Isn't trio of 9999 outdated with break dmg limit? X.x;; I never quite saw what was so good about it.

The Trio of 99 is for the Auto-Potion.

Ultima Shadow
05-21-2005, 09:06 PM

Yes, and if you can do more than 9999 dammage, then you will even when you're under the effect of Trio of 9999. So you'll basically just be completely recovered whenever you're attacked. This makes ANY boss pice of cake.

But there's only 4 slots and Auto-Haste and Ribbon are far more important than Break HP Limmit.

However... I still prefere to have Break HP Limmit simply because I think it's more fun that way! :D

Shalashaska
05-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I would say Auto-Phoenix is more useful (depending on the situation of course) than Auto-Potion. Against say, Dark Anima, Auto-Potion will do no good for attacks like Pain.

Also if you choose to use Auto-Potion you can guarantee a full recovery by only having X-Potions in your inventory which is much more reliable than having everyone in Trio status all the time.

However... I still prefere to have Break HP Limmit simply because I think it's more fun that way! :D
Agreed.

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I know break HP limit is unneccesary aswell as auto protect,shell,haste and potion are all unneccesary as well as break damage limit and hp limit but they merely make things easier thats what ive been trying to say. so unless you want a challenge use all of them by all means.

Del Murder
05-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Wakka: Attack Reels (overdrive: Comrade)
Yuna: Auto-Life/Revive/Heal/Entrust (Nirvana/Auto-haste)
Rikku: Auto-Life/Heal/Super-Mega Barrier or whataver the best one is that gives you haste and regen and auto-life and all that good stuff

I just kept making sure that everyone had auto-life at all times. Since Yuna had auto-haste, Nemesis couldn't get off multiple attacks in succession.

Ultima Shadow
05-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I know break HP limit is unneccesary aswell as auto protect,shell,haste and potion are all unneccesary as well as break damage limit and hp limit but they merely make things easier thats what ive been trying to say. so unless you want a challenge use all of them by all means.
Well... the thing is that it actually IS easier without Break HP Limmit. :greenie:

MAS82587
05-25-2005, 03:37 AM
do any of u guys that have fought him have a picture of him?

rubah
05-25-2005, 03:58 AM
He's like a gold omega weapon, if that makes you feel better.