PDA

View Full Version : Enix games

Fire_Emblem776
05-21-2005, 04:34 AM
I have played many square games. But Enix, not much. Curenty i am working on playing Dragon Warrior for Snes, god it is so(*&^% hard! i thought FF 1 and 2 were hard as it is.
so any ways i want to know what enix games i should try out.
i own paladins quest it is not my stlye. And a few others, but i cant get interstd in others execpt for the dragon warrio seris wich i am curently stuk on!
ahh so any one a fan of enix? What do you recomed me to play. Yes i am playing a rom(cough), but realy.. DW was not relesaed in America! Not the Snes remake any ways. And i was using the nes guide to it and apparantly their is a diffence, ahh more spells bless the outside(exit spell)!!
Legend of Gaia?

TheAbominatrix
05-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Illusion of Gaia, not Legend of Gaia. You may be confusing it with Legend of Legaia.

Anyway, try out the Star Ocean games.

Del Murder
05-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Robotrek.

DJZen
05-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Act Raiser
Soul Blazer
7th Saga
King Arthur & The Knights of Justice :D

Yes, Enix is known for making VERY difficult games. They're also a much more popular company in Japan, where DQ games outsell FF games by a LOT.

Lord Chainsaw
05-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Enix is without a doubt my favorite company on the SNES.

The game I recommend above all others is ActRaiser. If possible, try to find a cart for this. The sim mode is a little difficult on the keyboard, and pretty much the only way to compensate is save state. If you can't find a cart, then ROM is still worth it, as this is the best game I've ever played. I'd go as far to recommend ActRaiser 2, another of my all time favorite games, but be warned that it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Let's just say some people find it too challenging. Again, the keyboard will make this game next to impossible without save states, which will zap the fun right out of it. Regardless it's worth a shot if you feel you can handle it.

E.V.O. is another very innovative game. It's a great platformer/RPG with classic ENIX style creativity in it. The premise of the game is to find Eden, evolving from basic forms of life into sentient, mature beings capable of appreciating and understanding the fruits of paradise. Very good game.

Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma are also very good games you should try out. I'd start with Soulblazer, and then work my way to Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma after that. While they are all part of a series, you won't find many storyline similarities between them other than connective themes that tie them together.

Vyk
05-22-2005, 04:11 AM
So they're not true sequals? Good I don't have to feel guilty for jumping in with Gaia or Terranigma. Soulblazer just didn't catch my fancy x_x;; I just like the look of Terranigma. But I liked the look of almost all the last few RPGs on SNES. Very FF6-ish. Dunno which game started that look, but Treasure of Rudras, Treasure Hunter G, FF6, kinda Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, Sieken Densetsu (3?). Hmm... I guess maybe it was a Square thing mostly... >_>; Nevermind.

Lord Chainsaw
05-22-2005, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I'll be the first to admit Soulblazer is a bit weak at the beginning. Grass Valley is pretty bland, and some of the first dungeons really don't stand out as anything special. Fortunately, the game gets a little better once you reach Greenwood, and really, really picks up once you reach the third world, St. Ellis Sea Bed.

Illusion of Gaia is much more player friendly than Soulblazer. I'd say the biggest advantages it has over Soulblazer are its more refined story and combat system. Soulblazer has much better exploration elements, and a better stat system as well as spells and equips, but Illusion has much more freedom in battle. The characters are also much more fleshed out in Illusion.

Overall, I'd rate the two games about the same. It's really just a matter of preference. If you didn't like Soulblazer, then by all means jump right in to Illusion. You won't be missing anything storyline wise aside from one boss cameo.

Fire_Emblem776
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Illusion of Gaia, not Legend of Gaia.
so then i guess that they are not related at all?
oe prequels or something?

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 12:23 AM
What's not related? Illusion of Gaia and Legend of Legaia? No. They're completly seperate games made by different companies.

Yamaguchi Oyabun
06-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Enix games I've played:

Actraiser 1 and 2 (fun), Robotrek (interesting) , DQ1, DQ2, DQ3, DQ4 PS remake, DQ5 (really loved it), DQ6, DQ7, DQ8 (quite good), DQ5 remake (still loved it), Valkyrie Profile (one of my fave), Star Ocean 1, Star Ocean 2 (nice), Star Ocean 3 (quite good).

Note: Dragon Quest series is even more well regarded and anticipated than FF in Japan.

DJZen
06-15-2005, 07:43 PM
To demonstrate what Yamaguchi Oyabun said, here are some facts about Dragon Quest's status in Japan:

-Laws have been passed about when Dragon Quest games can and cannot be released. This is how insanely popular it is over there.

-The name for the healing spell "Hoimi" has been adopted into the Japanese language officially.

-DQVII is the best selling game on Playstation PERIOD. Over 4 million copies have been sold worldwide. The game sold so well that it was the first game EVER to recieve an award from the Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs.

-People have been mugged for their copies of new DQ games.

It's funny how massively popular these games are in Japan and how they're almost obscure to the point of non-existance in the US. I can't even begin to understand why this is, but there you have it.