PDA

View Full Version : Guns

Sasquatch
05-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Alright, why don't characters with guns blow the hell out of their enemies? Wouldn't that make sense? Are they all just air-powered and barely strong enough to hurt, or what? You would think if an enemy got a bullet in the head, they'd be prettymuch out of the fight, wouldn't they?

RedCydranth
05-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah!!! And Magic? Whats up with that? Its not real.. so why is it in the game? Another thing thats so unrealistic is the fact that all of these games take place in some world that doesn't exist. Also have you seen some of the characters FF has? Green Hair, Super sized swords, Guns for arms... Heck there are people that don't even look close human. And Moogles, what is with those guys... they are the size of a small monkey and they can converse fluently in english. Their brain size can't comprehend our language. Man oh man... This Final FANTASY thing is so lame...

Zante
05-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Alright, why don't characters with guns blow the hell out of their enemies? Wouldn't that make sense? Are they all just air-powered and barely strong enough to hurt, or what? You would think if an enemy got a bullet in the head, they'd be prettymuch out of the fight, wouldn't they?

Being sliced by the Buster sword would kill anyone instantly too, for that matter.

Generaly, the fight mechanics are different than the real world (in-game). In FFVII, for example, when Barret shoots the guy in the Gold Saucer prison, he dies instantly, as does the man running away from Scarlet. Its just that fights wouldnt be much fun if everyone would go down after one hit.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-21-2005, 11:26 AM
It really pisses me off that vincent has such lame attack power, considering he looks badass, and he carries a gun. Usually I thiink "PWNAGE!!" when I see someone like that, but with Vincent I think otherwise :{.

DMKA
05-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, and being impaled and sliced with a giant sword...man, you would think that would end the fight, wouldn't you? Oh wait maybe they're made out of rubber?

(just another example of why guns suck btw)

AerisIsMyGod
05-21-2005, 02:13 PM
It could possibly be because it's a smurfING video-game.

Moron.

EDIT: Don't insult others if you want to continue to post here. -Murder

FallenSilence
05-21-2005, 03:25 PM
A game with the word "fantasy" in the title obviously isn't going to reflect complete reality, is it now?

Craig
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
None of you know what you're talking about. You can't kill someone until you make their HP hit 0, duh!

DJZen
05-21-2005, 06:46 PM
It's all got to do with size. As we all know, bigger weapon means more damage. This is why you could NEVER kill someone by attacking them with a knife. It's just not big enough to make people die. This is why no muders have ever been comitted with a knife, only with swords. An arrow is even flimsier looking, so an arrow couldn't possibly ever kill someone. This is why Archers have never proven tactically advantageous. Now, bullets are even SMALLER than arrows, so you can only imagine just how pathetic they are in terms of killing power. It's like shooting rubber bands at someone. :D

Craig
05-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Wars aren't won in a day, and that's because everybody has such high HP it takes forever to kill them.

DJZen
05-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Not to mention Curaga.

tailz
05-22-2005, 10:38 AM
well if what zen says it right whe only have one thing to do

blow up everything and go back to the middle ages

done problem solved

Craig
05-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Final attack Materia plus Phoenix Summon doesn't help either.

DJZen
05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
But you can't blow it up, remember? Bombs are NOTORIOUSLY weak! When has any explosion not caused by magic ever actually ACCOMPLISHED something? What we REALLY need are HUGE SWORDS! I'm talking Claymores and Landsknechts!

SWORDED!!!

Craig
05-22-2005, 07:14 PM
One time, this guy was all up in my face like "Gimme yo' Wallet!" and I said "No!". So anyway, this guy pulls out a pistol and shoots me in the face, 1 damage. I just pull out my Buster Sword, 9999. I leveled up too, it was a good day.

Dark elf lord
06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
why a sword it's harder to kill something with a sword then with a gun if Auron give Tidus a M4 or a tank it will be easier to protect Yuna with that :p

KoShiatar
06-09-2005, 06:25 PM
It really pisses me off that vincent has such lame attack power, considering he looks badass, and he carries a gun. Usually I thiink "PWNAGE!!" when I see someone like that, but with Vincent I think otherwise :{.

True. But I usually keep in in my party anyway because of his great limit breaks, and uh, oh..because he's SOOOOO handsome to look at. *punches herself in the head for saying that*
Actually it's hilarious fun watching Vincent fight. I like to think of him as a homicidal manic who shoots random monster and people out of frustration, shouting "LUCRECIA!" That's what his gun is really for!

Dreddz
06-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I never got how swords could over-power guns like from FFVII or VIII
But the games would be boring if it was gun based

DJZen
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Or this one time where this guy was all in my face with a knife. I totally laughed at him 'cause knives can't kill people. He got all mad and started stabbing me in the face and yelling about how he had more AGI so he could attack more times, but I was like "nuh-uh!" and hit him once with my greatsword and he was all like "OH NOES! TRUNCHEONED!" But then I had to correct him that truncheons are short range bludgeons and he was all like "stfu n00b". So I stabbed him again.

JaytodaP
06-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Why the hell would you stick a big ass blade on a revolver, when you could just fricken kill every thing with it. Squall is such a dumbass.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 02:16 AM
How fun would it be if everytime Vincent, Irvine or Any gunner from Tactics or X-2 instantly killed their enemy. None at all. Thats why guns don't kill, Swords do.

DJZen
06-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Haven't you been listening? GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE! SWORDS kill people!

Del Murder
06-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Guns are too clumsy and random. I prefer a more elegant weapon.

Ultima Shadow
06-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah, seriously, guns can't kill people! If you're shoot by a gun, just use Curaga! Swords can cause 9999 dammage which means instant kill!!! I have this really, really big sword that I used to wack people with. I mean... sure, the cops tries to stop me but what the heck... they use GUNS!!! Seriously, those losers only caused me about 12 dammage before I omnislashed them with my oversized sword, doing 9999 dammage with each hit. Then some rocket launcher dude appeared and he was actually pretty tough... but I just used Curaga and my really big sword and kicked his ass! :)

Edit:

OMG!!!!!!!!!1111111111111132225
:chop: :fencing: :chop: :fencing: :chop: :fencing: :chop: