PDA

View Full Version : Why I think this is the worst game to ever bear the name "Final Fantasy"

Dreddz
05-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Upon playing through the game again today I actually thought to myself
This game rocks !
The battle system is great.
My favourite Job System is back from FF3 + 5
Only bad thing about the game is the story which is not so bad

FunnyCide
05-14-2005, 08:15 PM
I think people hate it because of the stupid completion points...at least thats part of it. I hate the completion points, but other than that the game ain't half bad :tongue: :)

Zifnab
05-14-2005, 08:37 PM
It's awful on so many levels. The story is bland and uninteresting, the only time it promised anything was at the end of Chapter 3, where they pulled the same tired old plot twist out of their arse. It was good in FFIV, getting old by FFVIII. It's just cheap. The gameplay is basically hours of mini games. Mini games should be fun little gems to waste an hour or two on, perhaps a few more if you absolutely must complete everything in the game. A game made entirely out of sidequests and games was just frustrating and cheap.
God, the music. The piano intro was alright, along with the two vocal tracks, but the rest was a mush of unmemorable garbage. I swear, I can remember maybe two other tracks off the top of my head.
90% of the world was just taken from FFX. Fair enough, it's the same world, but please. I had had enough of Mi'hen Highroad, Mount Gagazet and Zanarkand the first time through. Isn't there anywhere else in Spira worth visiting? It's a shame, because the one location they actually bothered to change was quite nice. I'm of course refering to Killika. And is it just me, or did the locations that were exactly the same actually glitch more than in the original? The transition from high quality characters to the low budget blocky ones was much easier to notice too, especially if you keep your eye on Rikku's randomly pixelating earrings.
And from what I can gather, of the story there was one major question - Who is this evil Tidus, and how does he relate to the good Tidus? I've completed the game, I'm sorry to say, but I still don't have a bloody clue. Was he the real Tidus? If so, why did the Fayth dream him to be nicer? Was Jecht kept the same, or did he have an evil(er) counterpart too? And there's something somewhat unformiddable about the memory of an evil incarnate of a whiney teenage wanker. I was more intimidated by the religious bug, and that's saying hell of a lot.

Monol
05-15-2005, 03:46 AM
Well personally i find there to be alot more good in FFX-2 then bad...i mean sure it probably has more flaws then any other FF but i think it pulls off everything quite nicely...i think the real problem is that pepole expect too much from the game...i mean honestly i dont think they were trying to blow us away (as fans) or aim for the best ff yet...they just made it for fun so i dont expect a die hard game that most might expect....i actually respect the game alot...i mean as we all know square enjoys trying new things and a sequel to an rpg is no exeption..thats quite difficult to pull off and personally i thought the game would blow but i enjoyed it alot...but Zifnab has his points too...theres alot of things cleared up and alot of things unanswered...im also still baffled on the whole "why tidus looks like shuyin" but o well....all in all..i like the game :)

Armisael
05-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I believe some peole hate it,because it's too "girly"..You know you have only 3 characters at the game who are girls...

Leene
05-15-2005, 09:55 AM
I believe some peole hate it,because it's too "girly"..You know you have only 3 characters at the game who are girls...

:save: I agree :save:

Mercen-X
05-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Tidus was a reincarnation of Shuyin whose actions helped to feed the war that would eventually last 2000 years. In case you forgot, Sin arose of "the pride" of humans in their technological advancements which flourished after the 2000 year war. After Zanarkand was decimated, it was another 1000 years before Tidus became a dream of the Fayth.

It's my opinion that you weren't paying attention to the story because you were too busy fuming in your hypocritical way over the massive differences X-2 had from X.

What I loved most was the battle system. Granted, the fiends were a little too easy, the world was old, the missions were nothing but distractions (guess what? You didn't have to complete them all to finish the game), and the music wasn't that impressive. When I went to gather a collection at that Sphere place, I could only pick out like 5 or so songs that I liked. I thought the rest were kinda boring. Nevertheless, most of the problems you're experiencing with the game have to be more than a little related to your personal discrimination against it. After all, it is still a great game.

Zifnab
05-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Tidus was a reincarnation of Shuyin whose actions helped to feed the war that would eventually last 2000 years. In case you forgot, Sin arose of "the pride" of humans in their technological advancements which flourished after the 2000 year war. After Zanarkand was decimated, it was another 1000 years before Tidus became a dream of the Fayth.

It's my opinion that you weren't paying attention to the story because you were too busy fuming in your hypocritical way over the massive differences X-2 had from X.
Where does it say that? Quotes?

And what gave you that impression? I dislike the game because I don't feel any care put into it on Square's part. I'm not going to rave at it for being different unless the changes made were poor ones which, in my opinion, they were. I had to force myself to beat it once, simple as that.

DMKA
05-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Because it doesn't have Cloud and Sephiroth.

Destai
05-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I didnt care that the three main characters were girls. I did care that the three main characters and the entire game and its theme were so bloody girly. it was irksome. I didnt enjoy the fights much. They werent very tacticul at all. I could easily just hold down the X button for 9/10 of the games fights and win easily. I enjoyed the ability change theme throughout the series but I didnt like how this game changed it from ability roles like mages and warriors and took it to fashionable costume changes (again with the girly *irks*) . I didnt like the music. Infact, I hated it. The opening piano was promising but the pop videos were so unbelievably bubble gum pop. I wouldnt have minded in most games but with how everything else was so girly in the game it was getting more and more like a 12 year old girls fantasy diary. I didnt like the open access to the whole world instantly. I like to make my way from place to place. I feel that strings a story together much nicer in a video game. I didnt like how the story had so little to do with X. It left me dissapointed. I mean it was X-2 so I think its fair to have some expectations. I didnt like how these two identical people from 2,000 years in the past had nothing to do with Tidus and Yuna. The game didnt say anything about Tidus being Shuyins reincarnation.

Personally I think most people were either extremely biased for or against the game to the point where both side is stupid. I know the game certainly wasnt as bad as Zfinab is trying to say and I think theres enough teenage fangirls throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.

lightshifter
05-16-2005, 08:01 PM
i liked FF X-2 yes i knw its a bit girly but it was slighly differnt to the other FF games with the battle system and dressspheres ok it also had bad points as well but i thought it was good

UltimateSpamGrover
05-16-2005, 08:40 PM
FFX-2 was horrible. First of all, I like games that are actually difficult, this game was pathetically easy. Second of all, the game was too girly (as posted in previous posts). Third, the music sucked (mainly because Nobuo Uematsu didnt do any of it). Fourth, the instant airship access and going anywhere you want in the beginning of the game was not fun.

Cyraniel
05-18-2005, 02:14 AM
I doubt there being too many clantly clad women was most players problems. In fact, I think that may have helped SE sell more than say if they had Wakka dressing up too.

kikimm
05-18-2005, 02:46 AM
A big part of the reason that I hate this game is because it exists. I didn't want a sequel to FFX---the ending was perfect, beautiful. Dpressing, but that's why it was so damn good. And then Square Enix has to go on and be like any other big business, sucking us dry for more money when they announced this game. Urgh. FFX was perfectly fine the way it was. >=O!

I know change is good, but I did NOT like the changes they made in this game. This is, of course, mostly to do with the story and characters. I liked Yuna before, but in X-2 I hated her. She's way too happy. Yeah, good for her, whatever, shut hup. I preferred her more shy, and sincere, not happy-go-lucky. Sure it's been 2 years, but if that was me, I still wouldn't have gotten over Tidus' "death", no sir.

The game was just too damn happy for me. I like darker, more mature games, and while the X-2 had it's moments it was, overall, too much sunny fluffy bunny lalaland for me. Blegh. I want some ANGST.

They also compltely wrecked Rikku. I liked her in FFX, and then they fit her into the role of obnoxiously loud and girly character. Paine didn't interest me at all, either. Barely even got to know her; I couldn't have cared less if she died.

Like others said, the music sucked. It's not like that really matters to me, but when I don't like a game, that only brings it even further down. The only thing I liked about the game was the gameplay. Man, that was fun, battling, and the whole dressphre thing. VERY entertaining, I must say. But unfortunately that's not enough for me. Story/characters is/are everything to me. Sorry.

So that's why I hate this game. :cool:

:D

Buccura
05-21-2005, 07:31 AM
I feel I must say why I think that out of all the Final Fantasy games, that this is the worst of them all. Let me say that I have played every single one (Save XI, but I dont concider it a part of the series as more of a spin-off (Not that I think its bad) but still), so I can make a fair comparision. Anyway, I think this game is the biggest mistake Square has ever made and should not have ever been created. Heres a detailed explination of why.

First, lets go over the characters, starting with Yuna. I really liked her in X. She really was the ideal white mage/summoner for the Final Fantasy series. She was kind, caring, and noble. Yet somehow in X-2, she turns into this twin gun weilding pop singer. How in gods name does that transition? They took her wonderful character and turned her into someone you would see on MTV (which I hate with a passion, but thats anouther story).

Then theres Rikku. Personality wise, I'm glad she isn't to different. However, now they have her wearing this skimpy bikini like outfit. I personally liked her X outfit so much better, because it had a really cool thiefy/tech girl look to it (Something I love xD), yet here she looks like some reject Al Behd Baywatch star.

Paine.... she is really one of the very few almost redeaming factors of this game. Because I will always love fighter girls. A chick with a sword is always awesome to me. Sadly though, she still has to say some rather lame lanes. I mean, casting ice "Ice ice baby"... what the hell is that? Still, I concider her the lesser of the three whores of Square.

Now, the story. X had a good story, it was interesting and unique. It had a lot of cool things about it, and at the end it was a moving emotional conclusion to the great story. But X-2 completely butchered it. The story for X was done, it was finished, but they had to add in some redicoulous (sp?) Charlies Angels plot to it mixed with some cheap story that some 13 year old would come up with as Fan fiction.

And the music..... ughh, worst soundtrack ever! I mean, Real Emotion? What the hell is THAT?! The Japanese version is somewhat toleratable but the english version is HORRIBLE. There are some merely ok tracks on X-2, but nothing above that. Especially the battle the victory music. The battle music seriously got on my nerves to no end. All the battle songs from I to X was great, catchy, and would get stuck in your head for hours to come. This only gave me a headache for hours to come. And the victory music... first time I heard it I though "....wtf**k". I'm sorry but putting 70s music (not the good kind, the horrible kind) in Final Fantasy and cheap pop just doesn't work for me at all.

Then theres the blatant sex appeal. This game is WAY to slutty for a Final Fantasy game. Theres to much emphasis on the femanism of the characters, to many skimpy cloths, and to just to much girlyness (By that certain meaning, I refer to for instance the bathing scene...). Two outfits I hate the most are the Samuari and the Thief outfit. Thieves dont wear a lot so they can easily move, but they dont wear THAT revealing of clothing. And the Samuari sphere.... that is just a total and complete insult to a very honorable warrior code, Square should seriously be ashamed of themselves.

There are some things that would be redeaming factors, but sadly are over-shadowed by its flaws. I mean, I loved the idea of an opened ended Final Fantasy, and I loved the idea of changing classes on the fly . In addition, I liked the idea of an all girl Final Fantasy. Seriously, I thought playing as three cool girls would be great. So I decided to give this game an honest try and have about 5 hours of gameplay on it. But sadly there was just not enough good to overshadow the many bad. The sex appeal, terrible music, butchered story and setting, and just plain god awfulness of it was too much.

Simply put, I think this is game was a huge mistake and should never have been made. I'm sorry, but I would much rather play Mystic Quest than play X-2, because it is an insult to this great series that I love so dearly.

Ok, that concludes my rant.... I look forward to the hate PMs XP

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
O.k all and all it isnt such a bad game but it doesnt deserve the title "final fantasy". also there should be more characters and im not realy sexist but all girls in a normAL GAME who cares. all girs in a FF game bad idea. Because FF games alway have relation ship between the main male character and the main female character. E.G cloud and tifa or sqall and rinoa. I dint mind the girl all hard and tough and stuff becaused on FF7 i spent almost all of the game with tifa being the best character even though i was balancing out the materia evenly but my point is its to sexist all women ruling and stuff theres usually a balance in other FF games.( not that im against women being leaders and stuff) so its too unbalanced to be call an FF but as a normal game its pretty decent

TheAbominatrix
05-21-2005, 09:39 AM
FF's do NOT have always have a relationship between the man guy and the man girl, or even relationships at all.

The game isnt for everyone. That doesnt mean it doesnt deserve the name Final Fantasy. It's an FF game, the end. I'm not gonna argue anyone's opinions, because everyone's entitled to their own. I enjoyed the game, frankly. And the Japanese seemed to love it, it won numerous awards in Japan.

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I back you up when you say everyones entitled to there own opinion. I enjoyed it too but as a final fantasy i think it sucks.

TheAbominatrix
05-21-2005, 09:48 AM
"As a Final Fantasy" is a very subjective term. Have you played Final Fantasy I? It's worlds different from, say, Final Fantasy VII. Final Fantasy is always changing and growing and expanding. Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles, and XI are so different from the rest of the series, yet they're still FFs. The Spirits Within and Advent Children arent even games, but they're still Final Fantasys. Because they bear the title. There really is no requirement in quality or in content to become a Final Fantasy, it's just whatever Square develops under the name.

DMKA
05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
TheAbominatrix said basically everything I was about to say, in a much nicer manner than I would have said it.

I personally liked the game just fine. I had tons of fun with it, and I liked that it tried new things and it was *GASP!* full of originality! zomg what a concept!

Every FF has something different and unique about it. If you're whining now I hate to see what you're going to act like over FFXII, which won't even have the same battle style, random battles, or a separate battle screen, which have been trademarks of all the past FFs.

boys from the dwarf
05-21-2005, 11:09 AM
abominatrix I have played FF1 the only one i havent played is 3. I see your point and it is a bit unfair to say it doesnt deserve the name but its probbably the worst FF game ive played. because the story sucks the only decent story is paines past life.
And i like FF1 because of the time loops andalso the story line is ever changing on so you just need to concen trate harder on it like the story of the sky people and stuff and also the lefien so it is complicated it you take it far enough. but i suppose FF2 could be the worst because its just constant war between you and the emporor. FF 10-2 is too short but the mini games are good

TheAbominatrix
05-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm not saying I is bad by any means. I'm merely pointing out that it's very different from other games in the series, and if anything, it's the basis on which all FF games should be judged as to whether they merit the title. FF is constantly changing though, so that isnt applicable... but FFI is just as different from, say, FFVIII as X-2 is from the rest of the series.

BlackRibon
05-21-2005, 12:57 PM
X-2 was a great game, but it didn't looked like an ff...
i just hope they don't make others ff games like that.

Destai
05-21-2005, 02:07 PM
TheAbominatrix said basically everything I was about to say, in a much nicer manner than I would have said it.

I personally liked the game just fine. I had tons of fun with it, and I liked that it tried new things and it was *GASP!* full of originality! zomg what a concept!

Every FF has something different and unique about it. If you're whining now I hate to see what you're going to act like over FFXII, which won't even have the same battle style, random battles, or a separate battle screen, which have been trademarks of all the past FFs.DMKA, No ones whining about Square trying something different. You'll very rarely find someone giving out about that. The problem is that most people didnt like the changes in this game while they did like the changes in other FF games. Plenty of FF games are original but the fans still want them to be relatively "FF".

TasteyPies
05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
"Oh poopie"

*Spoilers ahead*

Yunas change into a free spirit was due to Rikkus unfluence trying to make her forget about all that has happened: A dead boyfriend, spending all that time thinking she had to kill herself to kill sin, all the hardships they faced. Spending so much time with Rikku, Yuna's personality started to mimmic Rikku's. This makes for more giggling, mentions of the word "poopie" and way too much giggly girl stuff than I can handle. Rikku was fine in FFX, but thats because there were like 7 charicters. We don't need 2/3 charicters with Rikku's personality. Rikku ruined the game by corrupting Yuna...I wish Yuna stayed herself.

Cuchulainn
05-21-2005, 02:54 PM
With the exception to presentation & music, there wasn't THAT much difference from other FF games. A lot of the gameplay and set-up has been done before in earlier games.
If you're simply asking 'Was this one of the worst FF game you've played, in your opinion?' then my answer would be 'Yes'. Does this make it a bad game? 'No, not by any means'. It was an enjoyable game, just not the best.

Lastly, read everything TheAbominatrix says, wise & learned words.

DMKA
05-21-2005, 04:04 PM

Every FF has something different and unique about it. If you're whining now I hate to see what you're going to act like over FFXII, which won't even have the same battle style, random battles, or a separate battle screen, which have been trademarks of all the past FFs.DMKA, No ones whining about Square trying something different. You'll very rarely find someone giving out about that. The problem is that most people didnt like the changes in this game while they did like the changes in other FF games. Plenty of FF games are original but the fans still want them to be relatively "FF".
Actually, that's all they're whining about.

Destai
05-21-2005, 05:41 PM

Actually, that's all they're whining about.Buccura and many other people who didnt like the game explained why they didnt like it and what they didnt like about it. Maybe Im crazy for thinking this but what if the game really wasnt that good? :confused:

rubah
05-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Tastey Pies is very correct when he says that Rikku is the reason that Yuna's personality has changed.

Yuna is an emotional sponge, much like myselfxD Her empathy (which causes her to soak up the attitude of the people around her) is why so many people in spira loved her so dearly when she was a summoner. She still has that, and it comes into play just about every time that you have to start a mission.

So Yuna's personality changing is very possible and even makes sense.

as for the game itself, I liked it. It gave me what I wanted after the end of ffx, and a bit more besides.

Sure some of the actions they take in there, as well as the dialog, makes me cringe from time to time, but so did ff8's graphics the first time I saw them.

If you have trouble playing it, try NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY. Think to yourself 'oh, well this game looks like it's supposed to be fun and hyper' then play it expecting it to be.. . hmm, let's say 'fun and hyper.'

It'll make it a lot easier, I'm sure.

Del Murder
05-22-2005, 07:15 AM
I decided to merge these 'why this game sucks' threads into one since we only need one of these at a time.

Crop
05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I didnt care that the three main characters were girls. I did care that the three main characters and the entire game and its theme were so bloody girly. it was irksome. I didnt enjoy the fights much. They werent very tacticul at all. I could easily just hold down the X button for 9/10 of the games fights and win easily. I enjoyed the ability change theme throughout the series but I didnt like how this game changed it from ability roles like mages and warriors and took it to fashionable costume changes (again with the girly *irks*) . I didnt like the music. Infact, I hated it. The opening piano was promising but the pop videos were so unbelievably bubble gum pop. I wouldnt have minded in most games but with how everything else was so girly in the game it was getting more and more like a 12 year old girls fantasy diary. I didnt like the open access to the whole world instantly. I like to make my way from place to place. I feel that strings a story together much nicer in a video game. I didnt like how the story had so little to do with X. It left me dissapointed. I mean it was X-2 so I think its fair to have some expectations. I didnt like how these two identical people from 2,000 years in the past had nothing to do with Tidus and Yuna. The game didnt say anything about Tidus being Shuyins reincarnation.

Personally I think most people were either extremely biased for or against the game to the point where both side is stupid. I know the game certainly wasnt as bad as Zfinab is trying to say and I think theres enough teenage fangirls throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.

Thats what i was gonna say i just couldnt be botherd to post it all.

Buccura
05-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Tastey Pies is very correct when he says that Rikku is the reason that Yuna's personality has changed.

Yuna is an emotional sponge, much like myselfxD Her empathy (which causes her to soak up the attitude of the people around her) is why so many people in spira loved her so dearly when she was a summoner. She still has that, and it comes into play just about every time that you have to start a mission.

So Yuna's personality changing is very possible and even makes sense.

as for the game itself, I liked it. It gave me what I wanted after the end of ffx, and a bit more besides.

Sure some of the actions they take in there, as well as the dialog, makes me cringe from time to time, but so did ff8's graphics the first time I saw them.

If you have trouble playing it, try NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY. Think to yourself 'oh, well this game looks like it's supposed to be fun and hyper' then play it expecting it to be.. . hmm, let's say 'fun and hyper.'

It'll make it a lot easier, I'm sure.

I tried. I really gave this game an honest shot, but I just couldn't bring myself to truely enjoy it sadly.

Kida
06-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I HATE how you can have different endings. I've only played it once and I only got 72%. I am now venturing onward to get the perfect ending and I despise this...the bad ending left me feeling like I played the game for nothing, a waste of time. grrrrr it's so fustrating!!!!!!!!!!! oh and the poppy music ::cringe:: :S

The Anarchy Angel
06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Damn those concerts, especially the beginning one *third play through* "NOO! Not the songs i can't take much more of this torture!" *dies of boredom*

I could have (and did) play this game wile half/asleep

tylen
06-17-2005, 09:50 PM
i ,having never completed a FF game yet because of getting bored around 3/4 of the way through and moving onto the next, thought X and X-2 were both quite good but i was not impressed with tidus being dead & or a dream an yuna was so un happy. call me old fashiond but i quite like happy endings.

NotQuiteNecessary
06-17-2005, 11:06 PM
1. Anyone who says its too girly should shut up. It was painstakingly clear it would be like Spice Girls on acid from the commercials.

I think theres enough teenage fanboys throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.
Fixed. Somehow I doubt it's mostly fangirls that are fapping to Rikku's Hooker!thong.

Zell Dincht
06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
i belive this game is so crap i would actually consider breaking the disk. i was so disgustited at the first song i actually turned the ps2 of and ran to a tap trying to cleanse myself of the dirtiyness. god it was horrible i mean c'mon who in their right mind would say something like disarsterific.The music was crap and the battle system ohhhhhhhhhhh don't get me started on how crap that was. if i say so myself square enix have basically f**ked everything up.

karatehero
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
:D

You all are exaggerating way too much.

There was nothing wrong with this game. True the enemies weren't hard and it lacked that ultimate battle (weapons, nemesis etc...). Other than that though, it was just fun. Its fun to play the game and get everything and not have to kill yourself in the effort.

I loved FFX. I played it for many hours. But I STILL am not anywhere close to the max you can be. It woudl take forever! Every game doesnt' have to be that way.

The mini games were annoying? How about chocobo racing and breeding? Most annoying thing ever?

Look, it was an easy game and it was a continuation. It was light and fun and you get to see your characters again. Whats wrong with that?

The Anarchy Angel
06-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Nearly everything. By the looks of this thread, the majority of people would prefer to have a really challenging game that they could get their teeth stuck into and really have a go at the game. They appreciate difficulty and challenges, but not the dummed down style that Square Enix has given us this time, they screwed up a bit and know not to make continuations, because they're hardly ever as good as the first

thinking of names is hard
06-24-2005, 08:02 PM
I think that it was a good game. I think that everyone here has big expectations of final fantasy and when it strays from its original gameplay, people start complaining. People should be aware that they need to make some things different other wise the series would get repetitive and the only ones playing the games would be those who have too much money to spare on the same game over and over again.
I doont like it as much as other final fantasy games, but i think its good they are trying something new. It was over girly but hopefully they won't make the same mistake again after maing it once.
So stop complaining and be grateful youve got all the other games in the series.

Lon611
06-25-2005, 03:08 AM
FFX-2 is a good game, but the only thing that prevents me from playing sometimes is that there are TOO many minigames. that, and teh fact that u CAN go newhere u choose. its a real casual game.

i liked the linearity of FFX cuz it had a great story, so i didn't mind the plot to continue. but FFX-2 just goes crazy on the whole freedom issue.

the music is pretty good, especially songs like "seal fo teh wind(?)", and teh soundtrack is overall one of the better ones in the series.

graphics improved,but were killed by the overall "happiness" of the game. i like dark, philosophical, or emotional games, and this one wasn't really it. i didn't feel i needed the urge to play, cuz everyone seemed fine. there was no motive for me.

Dante WolfWood
06-25-2005, 03:36 AM
ok, you people COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, for being a forum for fans of FF, y'all clearly have a complaint for every game....listen, if you like the game, post in it or make new topics or questions, if you dont like it, dont flame and attack square, now you can calmy give your OPINIONS and thats IT! dont attack a company bc youre not happy, hell, square doesnt care if youre happy or not, they care if there is green paper in their pocket, and if you noticed, FFX-2 did a damn good job at fulfilling their purpose...

also, yes, I also believe the fayth modeled tidus after shuyin and I believe square didnt make any quotes bc they wanted people to feel smart by figuring it out by themselves...if you didnt notice that tidus was based off shuyin...pay attention instead of finding ways to diss the game...

now, to not stray off topic:

actually, I did enjoy this game but I do wish it was never created, FFX ending WAS perfect, and I do believe they ruined it...but, I did like the spunkyness of the girls and the battle system so I dont have any room to complain. (and if i did, I wouldnt shout it out saying that this game didnt deserve FF in the title,it sucked,etc.,etc...)

Lon611
06-25-2005, 03:41 AM
ok, you people COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING, for being a forum for fans of FF, y'all clearly have a complaint for every game....listen, if you like the game, post in it or make new topics or questions, if you dont like it, dont flame and attack square, now you can calmy give your OPINIONS and thats IT! dont attack a company bc youre not happy, hell, square doesnt care if youre happy or not, they care if there is green paper in their pocket, and if you noticed, FFX-2 did a damn good job at fulfilling their purpose...

we don't complain about EVERYTHING. the thread is abuot FFX-2, and most of us have both positive and negative opinions about the game. just cuz the game isn't perfect, we can't voice that?do we have to pretend as if its the greatest game in the world?then let us voice our opinions in a forum of opinions. :rolleyes2

Dante WolfWood
06-25-2005, 03:46 AM
no, I've noticed in almost every FF thread, someone always complain

and excuse me if I seemed like I was targeting everybody, I've just seem so many people complain so much, if you just have a simple opinion, thats fine; sorry to seem as if I'm attacking you.

ThroneofDravaris
06-25-2005, 04:18 AM
no, I've noticed in almost every FF thread, someone always complain

and excuse me if I seemed like I was targeting everybody, I've just seem so many people complain so much, if you just have a simple opinion, thats fine; sorry to seem as if I'm attacking you.

Err, This Thread is titled “Why I think this is the worst game to bear the name “Final Fantasy””, what did you expect to find here other than people complaining? Personally I don’t have a problem with people complaining, unless they drone on about something that simply isn’t true (ie, most of those morons who come up with the same implausible reasons why FF8 sucked).

Anyway, I think the main reason FFX-2 failed (well, it did go platinum, but you know what I mean) is that it tried to make something out of nothing. The entire game was based on a single scene at the end of FFX, (you know, the one when you see Tidus in the ocean). Basically, people wanted Square to elaborate on this final scene, yet there simple wasn’t enough material to work with in order to create an entirely new game. I think Square did the right thing with FF7 by making Advent children a movie rather than a game, as it would probably have been as boring as X-2 was. In order to put together a game from a single scene, square was forced to change the characters to make the game feel fresh, and come up with a new antagonist. Unfortunately, they failed rather dismally on both accounts. The changes that they imposed upon Rikku and especially Yuna made them annoying and, at times, completely intolerable to watch. The heartbroken antagonist Shuyin failed to live up to the utter malevolence of Seymour, and Vegnegun, while it had an awesome design, didn’t make any sense. Who cares if it’s barely controllable, IF YOU HAVE AN EASIER WAY OF DEFEATING SIN, YOU USE IT!!!!!!!! The music, as people have said, was stale and uninspired, especially 1000 Words. Basically, I think that Square used the fact that they already created the feel of Spira in FFX, thus didn’t need to try as hard with X-2, when really they needed to try even harder, to prevent the game from becoming repetitive.

In the end, Square tried to make a game out of a single scene and, ultimately, ended up beating a dead horse.

Dante WolfWood
06-25-2005, 04:26 AM
well, if ya want to complain....look for a thread already started that has complaining and then just "bump" it up....theres just too many of these...

ThroneofDravaris
06-25-2005, 04:45 AM
well, if ya want to complain....look for a thread already started that has complaining and then just "bump" it up....theres just too many of these...

True, but usually when a thread has too many post on it, people seem to just glance over the replies. In order for people’s opinions to be noticed, new threads have to be started. Besides, do complaint threads really take up that much space on the forums? Usually you can tell by the title of the thread the direction it will take, so wouldn’t it be simply enough just to ignore them?

Unless of course your like me, who won’t rest until I’ve proved EVERYBODY wrong.

Squall of SeeD
06-25-2005, 06:03 AM
also, yes, I also believe the fayth modeled tidus after shuyin and I believe square didnt make any quotes bc they wanted people to feel smart by figuring it out by themselves...if you didnt notice that tidus was based off shuyin...pay attention instead of finding ways to diss the game...

They couldn't have. The Fayth created Aeon Zanarkand based on their memories of the place as it had been 1000 years before Final Fantasy X began. The game's present is 1000 years later. Any Aeon Shuyin they made would long since be dead seeing as how time passes the same in Aeon Zanarkand as it does in the rest of Spira. For that matter, Aeon Zanarkand exists somewhere in Spira itself according to the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega Guide.

Further of note is that the Fayth were not randomly creating new people any longer. The city's own residents took care of maintaing its population through copulating. At best, Tidus is a descendant of Aeon Shuyin. The only purpose, however, that their resemblances really serve is to be a plot device to get Yuna to join the Gullwings and to provide a plot twist later in the game for the player when they learn that Shuyin and Tidus are two different people.

Destai
06-25-2005, 09:05 AM
1. Anyone who says its too girly should shut up. It was painstakingly clear it would be like Spice Girls on acid from the commercials.

I think theres enough teenage fanboys throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.
Fixed. Somehow I doubt it's mostly fangirls that are fapping to Rikku's Hooker!thong.Nope its pretty much fangirls who are preaching the whole "you go girl" and the general female empowerment bull. Not that you'd follow the whole fangirl Resum'e or anything like that (?)

Slash912
07-04-2005, 10:45 PM
While I am mostly OK with the game, the one thing that really bothered me was its MUSIC.

The music was so annoy that I turned the volume all the way down to almost mute, so that I don't have to listen to that pop music. Sometimes I even played the original FFX music in my head (e.g. Mt. Gagazet or Besaid). When a FMV shows up, I quickly turn the volume up, then only to turn it down again after FMV. Has anyone out there done the similar trick?