PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair Man

VoodooChild
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I was viewing the new FFVII:AC trailer, and theres a part where the WCM pulls off the cloak...I was watching this and pausing it to see if I could get a glimpse of who it was. I have included an image below...Dont look at the image if you dont want to know....Even though, my theory may not be correct, it could still ruin it for those who do not wish to know.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/VoodooChild034/snapshot20050521185156.bmp

I personally think its Rufus...Before viewing the trailer, I thought it was Hojo as Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo were calling him "Mother.." so I assumed that Hojo had created them, also I paused one of the other trailers while it was showing the WCM, and you can see that hes wearing white (which is what Hojo wore in the game) Rufus was the last person I thought it would be, as I thought he was dead, but by looking at the image, he looks just like Rufus...(Blonde short hair, and wearing white) Also in the trailer you can see that on the wall behind the wheelchair man, there is a Shinra sign on the wall.

What do you guys think? Would like to hear your theories.

Craig
05-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Wasn't it confirmed to be Rufus a while back?

DMKA
05-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I think so. Infact since the first AC trailer I ever saw I thought it was him. It makes perfect sense, and it's quite brilliant imo. :D

Of course, if could not be him and be someone else, like, say Heidegger.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I'll say right now that there's a fine possibility it's actually Sephiroth in disguise.

Edit: Or Jenova or whatever.

TurkSlayer
05-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I wrote a thread like this a while back saying that I too had discovered it was Rufus. I was suprised to find that everyone else already knew. This informations been out for awhile. Sorry man.

Ultima Shadow
05-21-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.ccaa.org.uk/images/treatment/occupational_therapy/wheelchair_man.gif

BackRoomKid
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
they called 'him' mother? i don't think so...they called Jenova mother, not hojo

VoodooChild
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Well thats disappointing...I didnt know everyone knew who it was... lol :( Oh well, was worth a try!

Shin
05-22-2005, 01:22 AM
This is how he may look: [MAY BE A SPOILER]

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/4813/10hb.jpg

So yeah, my guess is that he's Rufus.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-22-2005, 02:58 AM
it kinda looks like shirek from TLOZ

Lord Magician
05-23-2005, 12:47 AM
I don't think that refus is on the weel chair. I think it could be proffesor Hojo, you know, the father of sephiroth. :mad:

Squall of SeeD
05-24-2005, 02:47 AM
I don't think that refus is on the weel chair. I think it could be proffesor Hojo, you know, the father of sephiroth. :mad:

Hojo was old, had long hair, and had a rather narrow face, characteristics which are obviously not true of the Wheelchair Man:

Nomura's design of Hojo (http://photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/HojobyNomura.jpg).

VoodooChild
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Not forgetting the glasses....unless of course hes had contacts :P

Lord Magician
05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah maybe it's not hojo at all. :mad:

Dolentrean
05-26-2005, 02:36 AM
its been confirmed for some time now that the man in the wheelchain is in fact refus.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-26-2005, 02:17 PM
He's still officially referred to as a bunch of question marks. So, no, it hasn't been confirmed.

CloudStrife48
05-27-2005, 02:25 AM
It's Rufus.

Case Closed.

Squall of SeeD
05-27-2005, 05:09 PM
He's still officially referred to as a bunch of question marks. So, no, it hasn't been confirmed.

Magazine scans in Jump magazine aren't official material. The cast list given out at the preview shown at the Venice Film Festival was. Said cast list makes note of "Rufus Shinra" having been in the preview. Taking all other characters present in the preview into account, the only one that could have been Rufus was the Wheelchair Man.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Rufus Shin-Ra could easily become Fake Rufus Shin-Ra.

I have trouble with the fact that they've basically told us it's him with the "Mr. President" line without actually showing us so. That and the scene with Kadaj kneeling before him, and the fact that, as it stands, there's no known origin for the new Jenovaroth. I'm not saying that Rufus definitely isn't Rufus, but I expect there to be at least one big plot twist in AC, and that would qualify.

Squall of SeeD
05-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Rufus Shin-Ra could easily become Fake Rufus Shin-Ra.

I have trouble with the fact that they've basically told us it's him with the "Mr. President" line without actually showing us so. That and the scene with Kadaj kneeling before him, and the fact that, as it stands, there's no known origin for the new Jenovaroth. I'm not saying that Rufus definitely isn't Rufus, but I expect there to be at least one big plot twist in AC, and that would qualify.

I agree that it would, but as for the matter of Kadaj kneeling before the Wheelchair Man, I imagine that was simply to mock him. Granted, we can't be certain at this time, but it doesn't appear to be reverance in light of other things. One of the scenes in the 20 minute preview has Kadaj taking a threatening tone with him and implies that he's forcing him to help the Silver-Haired Men.

But, yeah, a plot twist with him wouldn't really be a surprise.

Lord Magician
05-30-2005, 12:47 AM
This is the only picture where you actualy see half of his face. I don't know if you already seen it.

http://ff7ac.net/pages/characters/wcm/wcm.jpg

Kamiko
05-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Not Jenova then... is it confirmed that they called the person Mother?

Squall of SeeD
05-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Not Jenova then... is it confirmed that they called the person Mother?

No. Kadaj calls this person "Mr. President." "Mother" is JENOVA. They're after JENOVA's head and want "Mr. President" to help them get it.

Kamiko
05-30-2005, 05:27 AM
Well, this is kind of a 'duh' thing then

myxednuttz
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
im pretty sure that the wheelchaired man is rufus...in some scences where you can see the inside of the cloth covering him....he's wearing a white suite. and in the game he too wore a white suit....

Lord Magician
06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Why in the first messages here is says SPOILER: .

What is that supposed to mean???

TurkSlayer
06-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Why in the first messages here is says SPOILER: .

What is that supposed to mean???

Highlight after it, in what appears to be blank space.

Lord Magician
06-09-2005, 02:32 AM
O_o ........wow. How did they do that? I know it involves the color font thing, but what color? :mad:

Squall of SeeD
06-09-2005, 03:18 AM
O_o ........wow. How did they do that? I know it involves the color font thing, but what color? :mad:

It involves using these tags around the text (without the spaces between "spoiler" and the brackets):

[ spoiler ] The stuff you want to have appear invisbile goes here. [ / spoiler ]

Lord Magician
06-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Ok. I got it. Thanks everyone.

Strawberry_Mew
06-10-2005, 07:08 PM
That has to be Rufus cuz he has blonde hair and pluz you can see the black like turtle neck shirt he wore under his white coat.

Lord Magician
06-11-2005, 01:18 AM
I KNOW WHO IT IS 100% sure! Wile I was at movietome.com, it showed me the cast, and it's Rufus Shinra.

The proof is at this link Click Here (http://www.movietome.com/movietome/servlet/MovieMain/movieid-117923/Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children/) .

ff-fanatix
06-11-2005, 01:46 AM
dont really prove much other than rufus shinra MAY be in the film in some capacity.....

Lord Magician
06-11-2005, 03:45 AM
It shows a lot. ->It shows things like for example. Everyone you know is there but you did not know rufus is there. And since they did not put the weelchair mans voice, so that must mean Rufus IS THE WEELCHAIR MAN! Second it shows sephiroth could possible be coming back for revenge. Since in the in the trailrs it show that he does not talk, but there it show ther IS SOMEONE USING HIS VOICE! So 70% he might be back.Or he might just talk in another of clouds memory the trailers does not show..