PDA

View Full Version : Don't throw rocks at me but...

Rye
05-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Why does one gaming system have to be better than the other to people. Why does it have to be like "GET DS, PSP MAKES YOU INTO SATAN" and vice-versa? If I had money, I'd buy both. I can't wait until PS3, and if I had money, I'd probably get Xbox 360 too. I play with Nintendo AND Sony and I have no problem with Microsoft.

I'm getting a little upset with these threads of "I HATE YOU BECAUSE OF THE GAME CONSOLE YOU PLAY. I SHALL BURN THY PS3." And even if it's not that extreme, it's still not good. Seriously, I think each gaming console has something good. PS2 has the Final Fantasy games mostly. Gamecube has those cute fun games like Pikmin and Animal Crossing. Xbox has cool fighting games.

I guess you could see this as "WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? ;____________;" thread. And it is.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Ryechu/holdhands.gif

I will be killed for this thread. :)

MecaKane
05-21-2005, 10:33 PM
People who can only afford one system want to convince themselves they spent all their money on the best one possible.

And it would suck if all the systems were all equally the same. Why, look at how the Genesis came out. NES was 8-bit with two buttons, so then Sega put one out that was 16-bits and had THREE buttons, and then SNES trumped that with SIX buttons! One has to be better and grab as much of a market share as it can, and the next ones will try to outdo that.

Lindy
05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I hate the DS and PSP equally since they're bother overrated and overhyped =D

I also dislike when people say a console will be better when it's X more powerful than another, when it comes down to games rather than specs. Like, people say how the PS3 is 230839 more powerful than the PS2, so the Revolution will be awful as it's only 5 times more powerful than the Gamecube.

So? PS3 might have AWFUL, AWFUL games, so might the Revolution, so might the Xbox 360, you can't judge the systems on their specs alone, and you also can't judge them just on games that are suggested to come out on them (which by the looks of things are all sequels), since you're just going on a name.

I say, don't bother getting along, just shut the HELL up about how one system is better than another and go back to enjoying the damned things.

Also, this just about covers all of it : http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050404.jpg

Shlup
05-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Hooray for Rye! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Shoeberto
05-22-2005, 01:01 AM
All of the arguing is what made me more of a PC gamer.

YukiKiro
05-22-2005, 01:53 AM
well its all a product of advertising and franchise loyalty. its like two countries fighting over religion; they're fighting simply because they can't agree on a single belief. all wars are started by beliefs one way or another. we can't get along, that much is obvious; but the game companies are no better than the fan boys as they're sort of the cause of it. all of the "we're better than this consol because of _______" influences some of this. its not all society's fault.

Lindy
05-22-2005, 02:02 AM
It has nothing to do with wars, beliefs, anything like that.

It comes down to this simple fact :

People enjoy arguing about what's better more than sitting down and enjoying it, because they are idiots.

I just spend time arguing about what's better in between enjoying what I'm arguing about, for me it's filler, and it takes up other people's precious time. Though usually I just give in and call everything crap =D

YukiKiro
05-22-2005, 02:21 AM
It comes down to this simple fact :

People enjoy arguing about what's better more than sitting down and enjoying it, because they are idiots.
that's basically what i just said.

Samuraid
05-22-2005, 02:55 AM

ShunNakamura
05-22-2005, 03:40 AM
I like that cartoon :P

Anyways I don't mind the arguing too much, and personaly I do think some systems are better then others. Mix of games and specs. Since I tend not to like the FPS and the nintendo games a whole lot I tend to stick to the PS.... and since I can only afford one system.... perhaps less then that even, I do like to make sure I at least get a good deal.

All the systems have thier ups and downs, BUT for some people some systems are better.

boy.. I talk alot above just to try and get to that last sentence.

Vyk
05-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Eh... I've hated companies before. I've taken my hate out on their consoles. But really it's business ehtics I hate. I was an avid Sony hater for the longest time. Didn't care much for Microsoft either. But I'm stuck with their OS and don't really mind it. But they're kinda money grubbing. And they get enough of my money so I was waiting until X-Box got a game that I REALLY love (this WOULD have been True Fantasy Live Online, but that was cancelled) or the price dropped to something reasonable (around $100 or something). I might get an X-Box soon... they're gonna have to cute the price by autumn ^_^

Gnostic Yevon
05-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Well, I do have definate favorites in the consoles, but
I try not to be a geek about it. If someone asks what I have, I'll tell him. If he asks which one to get, I'll tell him what I like and what I think makes it good (or makes the other one bad). After that, I don't care.

I like sony better because it has more variety in the games. They have more platformers and rpgs and fewer shooters and sports games. My biggest complaint of xbox is that it has mostly shooters and sports games, and that there really isn't much else (unless you are into online play, which I'm not particularly). That doesn't make xbox trash. Heck if that's the kind of stuff you love to play, and you live for online gaming, Sony would be a bad choice for you. Gamecube is kind of a different case, because nintendo has made some weird games for gamecube, and if you aren't into that kind of weird, nintendo isn't for you.

With handheld game systems again I tend to lean sonyward (haven't bought one yet) because I've just not seen anything great on DS, and the Duel Screen concept just doesn't seem appealing. PSP looks great and hopefully will have some great games soon. GBA might be good too.

Armisael
05-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Hooray for Rye! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:
^_^

Xander
05-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, what Lindy said mostly. ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
05-22-2005, 12:10 PM
An arguement such as this is somewhat frivolous as the PC is the best gaming platform ever, baring none.

Destai
05-22-2005, 12:16 PM
OMFG b-COS X-BoX IS GHEY"1!!

I have to admit I find the consoles battling it out pretty entertaining. Im always going to enjoy a console for its games and only its games. I dont care muh for the console itself. Plus Ive gained a dislike for Microsoft since they sued Sony for that few billione dollars or yen with the whole controller mess up.

Lindy
05-22-2005, 01:20 PM
that's basically what i just said.
Not really, you just waffled on about beliefs and tried to compare it to countries fighting over religions. If you'd basically said that you would have...basically said that.

RSL
05-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Lindy has it right. A console is nothing without games. I don't even look at the specs of upcoming systems because I don't care.

Zeldy
05-30-2005, 04:51 PM
God.. im like, a Nintendo Fan-girl.
FF is the only game i like on the ps1, its the only game i play.
To be Honest, my ps1 collects dust unless im going through a FF phase.
I despise sony.. They just copy nintendo totally, i bet there making a mini psp now because nintendo are making a mini ds.(I cant remember the name of it..)
They just copy copy copy!
But ff is a v.good game..
I cant wait till Nintendo Revolution comes out ^.^

Yamaneko
05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Ah, yes, but you still have the Nvidia vs. ATi, and Intel vs. AMD rivalries going on in the PC gaming community, although I'll agree on a smaller scale than the console rivalries.

Shoeberto
05-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, but even with those, everyone knows that AMD and nVidia win. So it's not that big of a contest.

KentaRawr!
05-30-2005, 09:34 PM

I hate you because you like PC games.

Lindy
05-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, but even with those, everyone knows that AMD and nVidia win. So it's not that big of a contest.

Dual Core > Hyper Threading

Whatever nVidia does > ATI

Creative > Everything else

Yeah, it's pretty set what you should have for a PC D=

Yuffie514
05-30-2005, 09:52 PM
well, i guess one solution would be if we were all rich, but if one console had too many cheesy games, then i dump it.

Old Manus
05-30-2005, 10:00 PM
*throws rocks*

Seriously though, the DS turns you into Satan.

KentaRawr!
05-31-2005, 04:50 AM
You just called me Satan, you...uh...Satan. o_O

Mo-Nercy
05-31-2005, 04:54 AM
I agree with you, I guess. It DOES sound all good in text, but the fact remains that I'll probably never get anything but Sony consoles. I don't hate Nintendo, because I've emulated more or less every game they've released on GBA and SNES but...I think the grounds for my inability to accept Nintendo consoles have been in me since childhood, infused by the society in which I live. It's not something I can explain, which makes me all the more geekier.

DMKA
05-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Lindy has it right. A console is nothing without games. I don't even look at the specs of upcoming systems because I don't care.
Ditto.

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
*throws rocks*

Seriously though, the DS turns you into Satan.

=O
Atleast the DS works properly! The PSP's square button dosn't pick up!
Sony dont care.

Dreddz
05-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh god
Dont turn this into a PSP v DS thread again
There have been 2 very large threads on this topic
And Zelda, Dont lie, no dont, its ok, no need

Rye
05-31-2005, 02:35 PM
I never tried PSP but it looks pretty cool. Both have the draw back of having such good graphics in such a tiny screen that I feel dizzy and can't play often.

I agree with that. The only thing I really cared about when deciding between Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube was which had a DVD player as I really wanted one, and which had games I'm most into. I like fighting games now and then, but Xbox was almost completely fighting games and sports games, so I chose PS2.

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
I agree with that. The only thing I really cared about when deciding between Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube was which had a DVD player as I really wanted one, and which had games I'm most into. I like fighting games now and then, but Xbox was almost completely fighting games and sports games, so I chose PS2.

Ah, but as you watch DVD's on your ps2 you weaken the Laser.
At the end of the day it isnt a DVD player, its a games console, But it can play DVD's.
I tryed to tell my friends that but i one of them fell out with me coz i stormed off and after she told me to "SHUT UP!"
The Revoloution will have a built in DVD player.

Rye
05-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Ah, but as you watch DVD's on your ps2 you weaken the Laser.
At the end of the day it isnt a DVD player, its a games console, But it can play DVD's.
The Revoloution will have a built in DVD player.

Really? That explains why my PS2 sucks lately, I guess. xD I think I need to buy a DVD player sometime soon. They're pretty cheap lately so it wouldn't be too bad.

SomethingBig
05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
I do it cuz I'm tired of hearing people say things like, "OMFG teh DS is teh gayer than teh PSP cuz teh DS has teh tuch scrin!1!". Same thing for the Cube.