PDA

View Full Version : Why is FFVII just so awesome?

Khimbar
05-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Just looking for opinions...

Well, I idolize the game for First of all, DEPTH!! there is actually a plot! And also, the music is just so beautiful. Sqauresoft Started off Playstatkilon with a bang, definately. Replay value and value of optional sidequests are also a plus. Just curious, did anybody else find the Cactuar Island?

Shadow Bahamut
05-21-2005, 11:37 PM
found cactuar island of course, it's just south of Gold Saucer if i remember correctly...
yes, this game is a legend, it scored a 10/10 on the official PS mag in Europe, it was Game of the Year for three years running, it was the fastest game on platinum (2.5 months) and it gained Square at least $3.5 billion..

yes this game was good, in fact it should be placed in the Hall of Fame for Games....

Khimbar
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
true that, true that...

Shadow Bahamut
05-22-2005, 12:02 AM
heh, the plot was so complex it took me 4 yrs to fgure out how many plots there were in just the one game :eek: . I don't think any other FF comes close to FFVII's league...

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 12:25 AM
My favorite thing about the game is that the plot expands so much from being about some guy who is bombing reactors to getting drawn into saving the planet. It's Huge.

Shadow Bahamut
05-22-2005, 12:30 AM
My favorite thing about the game is that the plot expands so much from being about some guy who is bombing reactors to getting drawn into saving the planet. It's Huge.
and the thing is, you never want to quit the game..
i actualy managed to spend a full two days and two nights playing the game solid, minus time for food....

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 12:36 AM
i actualy managed to spend a full two days and two nights playing the game solid, minus time for food....

The longest I've played it was 8 hours, but I would have stayed on longer if we weren't leaving for vacation that night.

Khimbar
05-22-2005, 12:55 AM
well, along the lines fof waht Shadow Bahamut, i probably went about 120 hours of gameplay in a week with 15 hours of sleep and 5 meals, all in a single week, THANK YOU SUMMER!

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Playing it for a week straight is a waste to me. If you complete everything in the game too soon, the sooner you have to go out and buy a game that isn't as good.

Shadow Bahamut
05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
i had already completed it when i went 2 days solid...it was my rerun of the game....so it wasn't so bad.

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 01:24 AM
That's another thing--Replay value! I had to have gone through the game at least 5 times, and I'm just getting started. I'm not made of money, so I always try to squeeze the most time out of a game as possible. FFVII did the job.
I posted my previous reply because if I play so much and beat it 5 times in less than a month, I'll have to lose more money to buy another game. That's why I would never play for a week solid. It's all about the money.

Khimbar
05-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Well, by that time, i might've beat the game twice, plus i was only 9 years old, so i was like on ecstacy every time i turned the frickin PS on, so i didnt really care i saw the exact same scene like 20 times, but that was just me...

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Well, by that time, i might've beat the game twice, plus i was only 9 years old

How well could you understand the in depth plot back then?
I know I probably wouln't have. I don't know because I was 11 the first time I played it.

Garnet
05-22-2005, 01:49 AM
i chopped Sepheroth in the NC 9 times.... :) from start to finish each time average 45 hours.. except for the 2nd time :P 120 hours.
Plus countless of time breeding Chocobo... i got a save file just for em.

gone go do my 10th time soon.

Vyk
05-22-2005, 04:02 AM
No offense, but can we have an actual discussion? That was way too much FF7 "small talk" in my humble opinion. I love the game, but I can see why people tend to go insane when it gets praised. FF7 has a slightly unfair advantage. Like you two I played it throughout one summer. 2 or 3 hour sessions during the night. I'd take a break and go outside and stare at the stars. The two together gave me this awesome feeling I can't even describe. The atmosphere in VII was overwhelming to me. I just loved it and can hardly explain why. But I've always been fond of post-apocalyptic type scenery for some reason. There was a lot of charm and love and emotion in that game. And it truely captured my heart for some reason..

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 04:11 AM
The atmosphere in VII was overwhelming to me. I just loved it and can hardly explain why. But I've always been fond of post-apocalyptic type scenery for some reason. There was a lot of charm and love and emotion in that game. And it truely captured my heart for some reason..

This is why I rarely refer to FFVII as a game, but as an epic story that could go up against Gone with the freaking Wind. No matter what time in the game, you always feel the same emotion as Cloud. When Cloud is mad, you are mad. When Cloud is confused, you are confused. When Cloud is sad, well, fill in the blanks.

Shadow Bahamut
05-22-2005, 10:53 AM
FFVII is not a game, it's more a way of life, like a religion. My life started to convert into an FF world when i started playing it. Ever since, i have been a fan to the core.

FFVII has this ability to draw you back for more, even when you've completed it.

Destai
05-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Because it was my first Final Fantasy hence as far as Im concerned its better than all the rest. Its fun.

Craig
05-22-2005, 11:04 AM
It's vastly overrated and all the other FFs are just as good.

Chris
05-22-2005, 02:26 PM
It's the leading Final Fantasy game and the best game of all time.

Craig
05-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I haven't washed in 10 years, and I collect Pokemon cards.

Chris
05-22-2005, 02:37 PM
I haven't washed in 10 years, and I collect Pokemon cards.
:D

Garnet
05-22-2005, 04:33 PM
its a drug... an addicted drug, Heavier then Cocaine, stronger then Heroin.. A new kind of addiction.

Khimbar
05-23-2005, 03:21 AM
yup, FFVII was also the loss of my virginity in reference to Final fantasies and/or freakin rediculously good games. I dont know about you guys, but has anyone played Disgaea: Hour of Darkness by Atlus? that is a Tactics-esque game (another game i love) and is really good plot-wise, humor-wise, and gameplay-wise

sorry for that specific metaphor, but i thought it was needed....

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Shadow Bahamut
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
yep, i lost my virginity to FF too.....no, i meant, ......argh, the same way Khimbar did.... :(
anyways, ever since, i have never been the same. i have been to martial arts lessons and learnt how to handle weapons, well, basic hand combat weapons training... :tongue: .....kinda sad??

Dolentrean
05-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I love that world to the core! I love all the FF's but VII will always hold a special place to me, not only was it my first FF but it was the game that turned me into a gamer. I was young when I first played that game, even though I missed some of the finer points of the game it filled my young naive heart with a sense I couldn’t fully understand, I loved the story and I really attached to the characters. If VII is a drug then I am a junky, I have played that game many many times and never get tired of it. if you love FF VII then you know the sense it fills you with when you play it, like you have touched onto a new world, if you aren’t a VII fan then I am sure you have a game like that and it is a sense that everyone should experience.

DJZen
05-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I maintain that FFVII recieves far too much undue praise. Other games (some even in the same series!) did better in certain areas and came out earlier. I don't dislike the game or anything, I just feel that as an overall experience, I didn't like it as much as many of the other games. I could go on and on to elaborate my points, but I'm not much in the mood for that. Let's just say that when you've been playing games as long as I have, you see things from a different perspective. If FFVII was your first FF, you're going ot see it differently than if FFIV or FFI were your first FF. I've been talking to the local game store clerks here, who, like me, started off with the NES (some of them even before that!), and they all say the same thing: FFVII is fun, but it's just not as fun as the earlier games.

Wuggly Blight
05-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Reasons why its to awesome?
Although there was 6 before it, It was what brought it mainstream.
Extremely detailed world in depth and plot, everything had a plot, motive, personality, reasons and secrets. Characters was even developed long after they left the party for good. (Hint).
The world had alot of history put into it, granted FF8 had alot of history and lore too.
The main plot was extremely well developed and complex(It took me YEARS to figure it all out), the Characters all had diffrent motives and was well spaced out in joining your party. There was many sub plots, and many diffrent villains to contend with, BOTH Shinra, Its Turks, Weapon and good old sephy. It has so many mini games its unbelivable, and a replay value - Im still playing it after 8 years, how many other games can boast that?
It was good at using emotion within it, the soundtrack was exellent, and when it was released the graphics was revolutionary, (granted now people go UGH! I know its 8 years old, but it should have x-box standard graphics!) It was one of the first games like that, not the first, but one of them, with a 3d world and FMV a huge jump from snes and megadrive.
and finally, as it was stated, it was game of the year 3 times in a row, And for square it made them a HUGE profit.

Actually it's to the total opposite of 10, and alot of people played that first and go OMG! IT RULES!RIKKU IS SO CUTE IN HER NEW OUTFIT! its the same syndrome the anti-ff7 crew use on us, so go moan at them.

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
I say its awesome because it has a brilliant story line, i felt among the characters. I played it non-stop.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
its all stereotyping here. i loved ff7 and love ffx, although ff7 is better in my opinion. I think Vyks opinions on the game are the closest match to mine.

yuffielover
06-25-2005, 05:55 AM
FF7 changed so many lives. Yuffie became the greatest videogame character of all-time, hands down, while Sephiroth became the greatest videogame villain of all-time. It has been almost 7.5 years since we have seen a new #1 videogame character or a new #1 villain.