PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Dragon Enemy, Where?

SlipKnoTKills
05-22-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm currently in the N-Zone and I need some dragon lances to beat Shinyru (not sure if thats how it's spelt). Anyway, I've beaten Omega which was pretty easy at level 44 for me, but Shinyru has me beat even though I only tried to face him once. I hear it's much easier with dragon lances so could someone tell me exactly what part of the N-Zone has the enemy called the "crystaldragon" to steal the lances from him. Thanks in advance =)!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-22-2005, 03:32 AM
If I recall correctly, I found them the most in the third-to-last area of the game.

rubah
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
For some reason, they strike me as being hard to find/steal from. I wish you luck.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-22-2005, 04:01 AM
I've never once gotten a Flying Dragon Lance from one; dozens of efforts to steal from them got me nothing but a lot of Elixirs.

abrojtm
05-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Reset is your friend :). But don't waste your time trying to get 4/8 of them. Coral Rings are by far the most important thing for that battle (Apollo's Harp also does added damage to dragons, just so you know.)

theundeadhero
05-22-2005, 08:34 AM
It's possible to beat him without Coral Rings, but a lot harder. As far as the lances, the dragon is a rare fight and getting a lance from them is rarer. It's much equivilent to getting a tail from pink puffs in FFIV.

Braindead_Paul
05-22-2005, 01:34 PM
You only need to fight 4/8 dragons to get 4/8 Dragon Lances if you use the Return spell when you get an elixir. It still may take some time...

Master.Pug
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
You only need to fight 4/8 dragons to get 4/8 Dragon Lances if you use the Return spell when you get an elixir. It still may take some time...

*nods*
Those lances make him die VERY quick (one turn if you're doing a good job ;-))
and don't try to get the dragon whip from Shinryuu (rare steal), its pretty hard and annoying^^

SlipKnoTKills
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
All I need to know is exactly where you can get in a fight with these dragons in the n-zone, because there are about 5-6 places with different enemies in the n-zone. Considering they are rare to fight, I would like to be in the right place at least =). Just give me a description, like castle or water caves where omega was. Thanks!

Del Murder
05-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I usually fight this dragon in the area surrounding the treasuse that Shinryu is in.

theundeadhero
05-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Myself too.

Master.Pug
05-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I usually fight this dragon in the area surrounding the treasuse that Shinryu is in.

thats right, its the place where their appearance is quite frequently!
you may encounter some in the 1 or 2 screens before, but not as often!
they don't appear in the next screen (with the savepoint where you fought Necrophobe before)

Braindead_Paul
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I fought them in the first screen of the last part of the N-Zone (right after the castle). There are only Behemots and Crystal Dragons there (I think, maybe Movers too) and about 1/3 - 1/4 of the fights were Crystal Dragons.
The area around Shinryuu's chest may be even better though...