PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Storyline

=SA= GRIMREAPER
05-22-2005, 02:52 AM
I am really interested in watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. However, I haven't beat Final Fantasy VII yet. I played it over 3 years ago and never even got the chance to finish Disk 1. If i watch the movie, i will be confused because i don't know much about the storyline. I also can't get Final Fantasy VII because i don't have a Playstation and i can't get one right now. So I'll ask for a favor, can someone PLEASE give me the following:
1. A link to the FULL storyline to Final Fantasy VII, including spoilers.
OR
2. Give me cracked PC version of FF7 or a ROM version of FF7 for Playstation to play on PC (to admins: if it is against the rules to ask for this, please delete #2, and I apologize.)

Hawkeye
05-22-2005, 02:55 AM
I didnt tell you about downloading azuraru at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/...up.exe?download

I also didnt tell you that you could download the game at torrentspy.com

that is all

Garnet
05-22-2005, 03:13 AM
yep :)

i played FF7 6 times b4 go out and buy the game.

=SA= GRIMREAPER
05-22-2005, 04:19 PM
thank you very much Hawkey3. by the way, can you also not tell me which file to download at torrentspy.com? I don't know which is the right one for a Playstation emulator.

KoShiatar
05-22-2005, 09:19 PM
If you have a Playstation emulator you don't need to download any ROM.
The computer will run the original PSX disk without much effort, given that your hardware is powerful enough.
www.epsxe.com

I think this is the site of the best playstation emulatort yet. There is also a help forum but be sure to read the FAQ and the emulator help file before posting anything. Download 1.5.2 version because 1.6.0 has known issues with Final Fantasy games. And be sure you have the right plugins for your hardware.

Good luck!

ehsteve
05-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Epsxe is a very good emulator and I highly recommend it. Just be sure to read the help file before you use it because it will not work on your first try. You have to experiment with different plugins before you can get it to work on your computer.

As far as the story goes, you really aren't missing much. There is a lot of character development you would be missing out on, but the story isn't too detailed. Here is my synopsis:

Everybody save the world from Shinra! Oh, no, Sephiroth is alive! Everybody save the world from Meteor!

Jess
05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
If you cannot get a hold of the game then I found the story for you. Yes, it includes Spoilers. Full Final Fantasy VII Story (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/ff7story.shtml) Enjoy. :)

Squall of SeeD
05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
If you cannot get a hold of the game then I found the story for you. Yes, it includes Spoilers. Full Final Fantasy VII Story (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/ff7story.shtml) Enjoy. :)

Some of those dates are off, as is some of the information.

First, it's never said in-game where JENOVA was sealed by the Cetra. There have been claims that it was sealed in the Northern Crater and claims that it was sealed in the Mt. Nibel mountains. Neither can be taken as fact as the game doesn't state it outright or imply it with any degree of certainty. All that's said is that Gast found JENOVA in a 2,000 year old geological stratum. Oddly, this article suggests both, first saying that the Cetra sealed JENOVA in the Northern Crater, then saying that Gast discovered it in the Nibelheim mountains. There's little consistency at work here.

Next up, it was roughly thirty years before the main events of the game that JENOVA was found by Gast and the experiments conducted on Lucrecia and Hojo, not fifteen. Also, it wasn't just Hojo who injected Lucrecia, but it was both Gast and Hojo. The project was Gast's and Hojo and Lucrecia were his assistants. They were having a child and both of them willingly offered up her and the unborn child to experimentation.

It would have been 22 years before the main events of the game that Aerith and Ifalna were captured and Gast killed, as Aerith was only 20 days old at the time. It would have then been 15 years before the main events of the game that Ifalna and Aerith escaped from Shin-Ra and Aerith was taken in by Elmyra.

Also to note is that -- while Tseng has authority over the other Turks -- it's never suggested that Reno or Rude had any second or third-in-command authority.

Concerning Seto, it's not known that he was Bugenhagen's son or son-in-law simply because Nanaki calls him "Grandfather." This was -- in all likelihood -- a title of respect or what everyone in the village would have called him. It was not uncommon in Japanese villages or Native American tribes for the leader of the community to be called "Grandfather." This game is a Japanese game and the area and people of Cosmo Canyon are based on Native Americans (most likely the Hopi).

Another moment where we find a lack of consistency is with the article stating that Hojo continues experimenting with JENOVA, "which he excavated," whereas it earlier stated that Gast had excavated it. In any event, this information is false. Gast excavated JENOVA.

In the same paragraph, we find the author(s) stating that the glow in the eyes of members of SOLDIER is due to being injected with JENOVA Cells, whereas in-game, President Shinra states that it is a result of Mako infusion. While possible that he didn't realize what JENOVA Cells could do to one's body and it may yet have been that the glow was a result of that, no suggestion that Mako doesn't cause the glow is ever brought forth in-game.

A couple of small points, but incorrect nonetheless, are the statements that Cloud moved Tifa aside, then attacked Sephiroth, as well as the one that Tifa made her way to Midgar. Cloud rushed up the stairs, grabbing Zack's Buster Sword when he entered the pod room in the Mt. Nibel Reactor, stabbed Sephiroth in the stomach, then went back and moved Tifa aside. He proceeded to attack Sephiroth again when he tried to escape, and it was then that he was skewered by Sephiroth and threw him off the catwalk. As for Tifa, Zangan took her all the way to Midgar himself.

Also incorrect is that Cloud didn't take to the experimentation that Hojo conducted on him and was labeled a failure. Due to the information in the Escapee Report in the back of the Shin-Ra Mansion's library, we know that Cloud was, in fact, a success, as he had a reaction to JENOVA's Cells, whereas Zack did not and was the failure. Also questionable is the matter of only "most" of the Sephiroth Clones being the survivors of Sephiroth's massacre in Nibelheim, as the game never alludes to anyone else having been part of the experiment.

Also questionable is whether or not Sephiroth was the one manipulating Cloud and the other Clones. While possible, it's also possible that it was JENOVA manipulating all of them, Sephiroth included. As it is not currently known whether it was Sephiroth or JENOVA, stating either as fact is a poor decision. And, again, Cloud wasn't a failure. This article has twice failed to take account of that. At worst, he could be described as "incomplete" for having been rescued by Zack before being assigned a number as the other Clones were.

Another inaccuracy is the statement that Barret founded AVALANCHE. The author(s) of the article can likely be excused for this inaccuracy, however, as the article was likely written before Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis was unveiled. The game is based 6 years before the main events of Final Fantasy VII, and focuses mainly on the conflicts between Shin-Ra and the -- at the time -- new terrorist group, AVALANCHE.

Another bad decision on the part of the author(s) was to state that a Sephiroth Clone arrives in the Shin-Ra headquarters and slaughters the personnel, taking JENOVA's body with it. Palmer makes no mention of the Sephiroth form he saw carrying JENOVA's body away, leaving the possibility open that the body of JENOVA walked on its own after assuming Sephiroth's form. Also, any point where it's stated that a Sephiroth Clone in Sephiroth's form does anything is possibly inaccurate due to the possibility of it being pieces of JENOVA in Sephiroth's form that the party encounters, which then transform from the tentacle (as seen on the Shin-Ra cago ship) or whatever other part of JENOVA's body they may have been into JENOVA-BIRTH, JENOVA-LIFE, and JENOVA-DEATH, rather than them being Sephiroth Clones that have been forced to transform.

A small inaccuracy, but wrong nonetheless, is the statement that Dyne gave his pendant to Barret as a means to reach the upper levels of the Gold Saucer. He, in fact, gave it to him to give to Marlene. Barret was able to use it to gain access to the Gold Saucer, however, as Mr. Coates recognized it as being Dyne's and assumed that Barret must have killed him (probably considering him the new "Boss" as a result).

Another inaccurate point is the statement that the Black Materia was sealed within the Temple of the Ancients, within one smaller structure after the other. In fact, the Temple was the Black Materia, and transforms into it after the sacrifice of the first Cait Sith.

The article is also wrong in saying that Cloud was unable to resist Sephiroth/JENOVA's control and threw the Black Materia to Sephiroth's body to summon Meteor. In fact, Cloud believed it was his purpose at that point, as he had been convinced he was nothing but a bit of JENOVA that had taken on Cloud's form and assumed his memories based on Tifa's memories of the "real Cloud." Also, he didn't throw it. He just handed it over.

So the article more or less conveys the story but gets a lot of facts wrong. Overall, it's decent, but not one I would recommend.

=SA= GRIMREAPER
05-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey thanks for all the help guys. I'm really learning alot about this .iso and .bin files and emulating for Final Fantasy. btw, my cousin says he still has his copy of FF7 and is willing to give it to me, so i won't have to go through all of this to play FF7, but I also wanna play FF9, so i gotta learn how to use ePSXe anyway. Thank you all for the help, I really appreciate it!! Thanks for the story Jess, although Squall of Seed claims many of the facts are wrong.

KoShiatar
05-23-2005, 08:58 PM
FF IX needs a patch. And so does 8. Be sure to downlad it !

=SA= GRIMREAPER
05-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I wasn't talking about the PC version of FF7, i meant the PS version.

KoShiatar
05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes, and so am I. The Playstation version of FF 8 and 9 needs a patch to be run on an emulator. Patching is very easy, you'll find instructions on the emulator help file.

Rydia
05-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Challenge

I challenge you people to give me a very brief (about a paragraph) summary of Final Fantasy 7's storyline. For the best person I will use my artistic skills to draw them anything they want

Big D
05-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Challenge

I challenge you people to give me a very brief (about a paragraph) summary of Final Fantasy 7's storyline. For the best person I will use my artistic skills to draw them anything they wantHere goes...

Final Fantasy VII is a story about many things. Love, friendship, sacrifice, revenge, environmental awareness... but above all, it is the story of one man's journey through all of these things. Cloud Strife begins his journey believing his is a former elite fighter, now working as a mercenary opposing a corporate super-entity. In time, though, he uncovers many new truths: he and his friends are drawn into a greater fight for the life of the planet itself, to protect it from an old foe which would willingly destroy all life to further its own power. A dear friend loses her life in the struggle as Cloud begins to discover that he, too, was an unwitting part of the plot which fused ancient monster to human flesh, creating the powerful threat to everyone's existence. Ultimately, as their world descends into anarchy, Cloud and his friends win the desperate fight against the combined powers of Sephiroth and Jenova, freeing the Ultimate White Magic which cleanses the world of its burdens - but not before a the enemy's power exacts a heavy toll. New life is promised, but loss can never be forgotten.

Quite a long paragraph, perhaps, but I think it gets the point across:p

Rydia
05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
You win!!!
What would you like me to draw you?

Hawkeye
05-29-2005, 04:27 PM
thank you very much Hawkey3. by the way, can you also not tell me which file to download at torrentspy.com? I don't know which is the right one for a Playstation emulator.Sorry for the long reply. There is a search engine at the top of the site, just type in Final Fantasy 7 or VII and look for a PC version of it.

Big D
05-29-2005, 11:07 PM
You win!!!
What would you like me to draw you?Yay!
Um, I'd love a picture showing Cloud and Tifa at Aeris' burial at the end of disc one. That scene's a really powerful one, loaded with emotion, but also beautiful in its own way.

Rydia
05-31-2005, 11:04 AM
You win!!!
What would you like me to draw you?Yay!
Um, I'd love a picture showing Cloud and Tifa at Aeris' burial at the end of disc one. That scene's a really powerful one, loaded with emotion, but also beautiful in its own way.
I'll get unto that for ya!

Croyles
06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
I tried to run ff7 on epsxe but when i get to the credits screen which is before the new game screen everything just goes past superfast and then it starts again without going to the new game screen. anyone know how to fix this? I already have the bios scph1001.bin installed and a graphics plugin.

EDIT: i have already made a thread about this but fear that no one currently browsing hte help forum will know anything epsxe and therefore not post.