PDA

View Full Version : I'm not your mom!

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2005, 02:58 AM
So today at work, this little child thing in a stroller was staring at me and going "MAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" to which it's grandma replied "No honey, that's not your mama."

And the child went "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and I went o_o.

Have you ever had an experience of mistaken identity, either you mistaking someone/a stranger for someone you know OR someone mistaking you for someone?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-22-2005, 03:08 AM
all the time

Shlup
05-22-2005, 03:08 AM
OMG foa has abandoned her child! :o

A couple weeks ago at my friends piano recital some old man came up to me and thought I was the sister of my friend playing the piano. I just told him, no, she was sitting with her father across the hall.

-N-
05-22-2005, 03:41 AM
So you're telling me you responded "oh-underscore-oh"? No wonder the kid was freaking out like crazy. Be more responsible with your kids, Megan. Gosh. :rolleyes:

Faris
05-22-2005, 03:42 AM
People have been making clones of me. I've gotten a few situations like this: "Christina? Oh, sorry, my mistake. You look exactly like a girl I know, except that she's older."

Shlup
05-22-2005, 03:42 AM
She didn't say she said, she said she was like. Like, omg, there's a difference.

TasteyPies
05-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Still, what does O_o look like? Can anyone send me a photo of someone making that face?

Apollo
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Everytime I used to go to the mall with my mom and/or dad I'd be walking to fast or too slow and end up walking with a complete stranger until I actually looked up at that person to see that it wasn't my mom and/or dad. xD

Vyk
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
It's not a face, it's an emotional reaction depicted as a face on the internet. This depiction is known as an EMOticon. ;P

rubah
05-22-2005, 04:04 AM
My sister's kids used to think I was her when they were little little.

Kamiko
05-22-2005, 04:08 AM
People always look at me strangely in public places but that could be because I'm usually doing something weird...
Someone thought I was a dude once, and the same thing happened to my best friend... Then I turned around and they're all like "OH MY GOD! I AM SOOO SORRY!" xD

XxSephirothxX
05-22-2005, 04:14 AM
Once I remember tapping on some woman's arm in the grocery store because I wasn't paying attention and thought it was my mom. xD I was only about 6 or 7 though.

-N-
05-22-2005, 04:43 AM
She didn't say she said, she said she was like. Like, omg, there's a difference.I didn't say you were dense, I said you were obtuse. Gawsh. :rolleyes:

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2005, 05:14 AM
So one time, my friend Mary told methis story, one time she was in a restaurant with her family in Florida and she went to the rest room and as she came out of the restroom Auron's theme played no that was actually just on my winamp and this little girl came running up to Mary and hugging her going MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and Mary said she just kinda stood there in shock.

Man I love that story. Especially the aprt about me.

-N-
05-22-2005, 05:16 AM
*takes cocaine from foa when she's not looking* :shifty:

disapointedchild
05-22-2005, 05:34 AM
If someone mistaked me for there mom,
they would have to be blind,
or I would be extremely insulted.

DMKA
05-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Heh, my first semester of college, when I lived on the ECU campus I was walking back from the Taft Cafiteria, where I had just ate dinner, and this girl walks by and stops me and says "Oh wow hey!" and I just stare and she says "You're from Dallas aren't you? You went to blablabla High School right?" "ummm...I've been to Dallas.....once." "are you serious?" "yes" "wow...that's hard to believe cause you look soooo familiar."

And there's the time I got mistaken for Osama Bin Laden, but that's a story for another day.

o_O
05-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Still, what does O_o look like? Can anyone send me a photo of someone making that face?

My avatar. :D?

I'm almost positive that's what foa was doing.

Jojee
05-22-2005, 06:44 AM
MOMMY ^___^ *hugs face*

People always mistaken me for their granddaughter or pet!

smittenkitten
05-22-2005, 07:05 AM
hehe yeah once when i went to see my grandpa and i went round to the shop for chocolate right, then when iwas walking back this woman was walking toward me and then she started talking to me? "doging work again i see" and then she came closer and she realized i was'nt who she thought i was and said sorry hahahaha aww it was funny so i just laughed my head of all the way back to my gramps aw me work nah...

Peegee
05-22-2005, 07:08 AM

o_O or O_o can be done by flexing the muscle just under your eye so that it causes your eye to become smaller. I usually accompany this with a confused mouthal expression.

And no pics. Bwaahaha

Jojee
05-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Still, what does O_o look like? Can anyone send me a photo of someone making that face? OH, OH, I did it BWAHHH xD I did it I did it! I always do that face when my friends say something weird or something ^_~

... Oh my god it looks so painful xD *dies*

Strider
05-22-2005, 08:18 AM
The district manager of the place I work for has mistaken me for a co-worker on several occassions. Not once has he actually referred to me by my real name. :(

And, oh yeah, when I was little, people used to think my mom was a nanny because she's Mexican and I looked totally white.

WildRaubtier
05-22-2005, 09:51 AM
I looked at that photo of Jojo.

When I woke up, the docter said I'd laughed so hard I ruptured an artery in my brain. I see pandas.

Xander
05-22-2005, 11:07 AM
That photo is scaaary Jojoooo xD

When I was working at Sainsburys, I served someone, and they were like "how are your kids now", and I was like uuhhh I don't have any kids X_X

Blackmageboi
05-22-2005, 11:23 AM
some person thought i was somone they owed money to once. i didn't correct them

Destai
05-22-2005, 11:34 AM
My Dad sells cars so hes rarely in the same car twice. A car slowed down outside of school as I was leaving and I ran to it, opened the door and put on my seat belt and the guy was just staring at me like 0 o?

Ashi
05-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Once at a book store a little kid came and stood next to me while I looked for the books I wanted. It was so cute. And he was like staring at me with great amazement, he must have been 2 or something. His mummy came saying "oh there he is," and started to laugh at the way he was looking at me.

:cry:

Jojee
05-22-2005, 03:32 PM
xD I'm not denying the scariness.

My Dad sells cars so hes rarely in the same car twice. A car slowed down outside of school as I was leaving and I ran to it, opened the door and put on my seat belt and the guy was just staring at me like 0_o? LOL, that's great. I woulda been so embarassed. You shoulda said, hi daddy ^__^

Resha
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM

My avatar. :D?

I'm almost positive that's what foa was doing.

I was gonna say that! :D Oh, I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get mistaken for...Natasha's sister. But who, I always wonder, IS this mysterious Natasha? One day I was at the nurses', bleeding my heart out, mortally wounded, and that woman!!!!! Instead of tending to me, she stares at me hard and asks: "Are you Natasha's sister?" And she was only the 5th person too. -____-

Psychotic
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
God.

boris no no
05-22-2005, 06:24 PM
i have an identical twin sister so all the time.
but aparently theres a girl in Derby that looks just like me, so lots of my friends once started shouting silly things at her thinking she was me. wish i'd seen their faces when she said they were pissing her off!xD

plus at work people say things like "hows tha family" and i've never seen the person in my life O_O <----hahahahaha jojo

theundeadhero
05-23-2005, 05:29 AM
To JoJo

Hi Mom *wave*

FF freak
05-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Geee what an awful story mo-I mean Fire of Avalon

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Everyone always gets me and my best mate mixed up because most people think we're sisters when I look Chinese and she looks Indian (because we are) and some people mistake me for this other Chinese girl in my school and that's it

Rhylark
05-24-2005, 01:26 AM
I went to mall one day, and there was this girl that apparently looked exactly like me. I never saw her, but I would be walking around and these people came up to me and acted like I was their best friend. I was just like "Eh.. I don't know you." And they just thought I was joking around or something and then told me to meet them at "the place." They left me 30 bucks too. Kinda neat but weird.

Christmas
07-27-2022, 02:20 PM
A little toddler called me mum out of the blue and i took her home and raised her for a decade or so. :bigsmile:

Think she is ready to be cooked. :quina:

Quindiana Jones
07-27-2022, 02:47 PM
So that's what happened to Resha...

Christmas
07-28-2022, 03:33 AM
I will clone my food so that i can eat them over and over again. :bigsmile: