PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me in temple of ancients

Shrub
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
i just got through the red dragon and now im fighting the huge monster in passage 12 and every time i fight him he kills me my stats are cloud vincent at lv 31 and aeris lv 26 cloud has 1500 health and vincent 1300 aeris 1000 any tips?

Seal Evil
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Only attack the boss with physical attacks; don't use any magic except Bahumut. Also, you can un-equip (is that a word? lol) the rest of your materia, so your hit points increase... which I think you'll need.

That's the way I always do it anyway.

Jess
05-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Move all your players into the back row, so then his attacks take off less than they would as if you were in the front row. Then only have Restore and Bahamut equipped. Use vincent and Cloud to attack constantly, and use aeris to heal on each round. Limit breaks are also very useful on this boss. Hope this helps, good luck. :D

redxiiii
05-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Take materia of everybody except Aeris and only give her Bahumut and the restore-all materia combo, put everyone in the back row, using Bahumut is a good strategy and when the demon wall uses avalanche I guarantee that everyones Limit breaks will go up provided they don`t die, so just use those as much as possible, by the way what limit breaks have you got for each character? and maybe it wouldn`t be a good idea to use vincent`s limit break because then he can`t revive anyone.

boys from the dwarf
05-22-2005, 08:39 PM
If cloud knows meteorain as a limit break that should take of a lot of the demonwalls health and vincent should use his limit too unless you realy need that many healers and then use aeris to heal and summon bahamut.

Lon611
05-23-2005, 12:02 AM
wow. yesterday i was in the exact same shoes as u were in.but my stats were a lil higher. cloud (the strongest in my party) was around lvl 33. and like u, demon gate (?) mopped the floor with me.

so i went outside, and lvld up outside the temple. there shud be lil red things taht comes in groups of 3, 4, and 5. they give the most experience. i spent an hour or two leveling up to level 40, and also went to gongaga and rocket town to obtain the "time" and "barrier" materia, because i didnt' have them.

i went back inside to the temple of the ancients, and after beating red dragon, equiped the bahamut materia to aeris. also, make sure she has the cure-all combo. caste barrier and haste, and that shud allow ur characters to defeat him. when i fought, vincent also had the death gigas limit break, and that "gigadunk" really helped out, and did 1000+ each turn. after that, the rest is easy. shudn't take too long, or that much effort. good luck, and i hope i helped :)

Stilva
05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
There are easier ways than some of those above.
Instead of moving to the back row, how about a Big Guard? Then, you'll be protected against his attacks, you're attacks will take the same and you can attack more frequently. If you haven't already got Big Guard, it is an Enemy Skill gained from the Beachplug enemies on the beaches along the East coast of the Corel continent.

Other E-Skills, such as Aqualung and Beta can also prove rather handy if I remember correctly. And use the Added Effect Materia combined with Choco-Mog in somebodies weapon. This trick should keep you in good stead for much of disc one and two.

Glad ta be of service

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
just go back in the room where u fought the red dragon and get more ap

Shrub
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Move all your players into the back row, so then his attacks take off less than they would as if you were in the front row. Then only have Restore and Bahamut equipped. Use vincent and Cloud to attack constantly, and use aeris to heal on each round. Limit breaks are also very useful on this boss. Hope this helps, good luck. :D
thx this worked except aeris and vincent died so i just kept healing and using clim hazzerd and it was a piece of cake

Zidane_Tribal
06-08-2005, 08:18 PM
wow, your guys are a lot lower in level compared to mine,

i just totally anihalated him with bahamut, odin, and so on.

my team was Cloud Aeris (god i hate using her, shes so weeak cause i never use her) and Vincent

i pwned him first try..but i had to fight him again cause i forgot to take off all materia on Aeris cause she disappears...man i hated that

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Huh? They don't automatically unequip her stuff? Does both or materia and equipment go away?

Yeah, Shrub that was my strategy last time through, since I was lazy about leveling up.

Can you fight where the Red Dragon is? I thought once you beat the Red Dragon you were stuck with your lvls and had to fight the Demon Gate next.

KoShiatar
06-08-2005, 09:46 PM
wow, your guys are a lot lower in level compared to mine,

i just totally anihalated him with bahamut, odin, and so on.

my team was Cloud Aeris (god i hate using her, shes so weeak cause i never use her) and Vincent

i pwned him first try..but i had to fight him again cause i forgot to take off all materia on Aeris cause she disappears...man i hated that

I have the same team (I'm around level 40 though, with Vincent level 3 limit break...I love that guy) and I'm just outside the temple...wish me luck.

And...we all know what happens to Aeris next. So when do I have to unequip her?

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I think you have to send her into the battle with the Demon Gate with nothing or weak armor if you want to keep everything you can.

What happens with materia you equip? Does her materia automatically end up in your inventory?

Garnet
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
with aerith disapearing with your materia...
you will get them all back when she die young. :P

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok, so your materia disappears until Disc 2 starts, then it ends up in your inventory?

Is this true when Cloud and Tifa leave your party later? Like your materia is in your inventory the whole time? Or, does it stay on their equipment until you get them back?

Zidane_Tribal
06-13-2005, 07:47 PM
you can only get the materia back when they are back in your party

and thats after you get the huge the materia if i am correct.

but yeah if you have materia on them and they leave...you have to wait to get them back in your party before you have the materia back :(

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Which totaly sucks BTW.

I always make cloud the best and *poof* my party sucks.

Khimbar
06-13-2005, 09:01 PM
yea, that usually happens to me also, but now that i knwo the ropes, hehe, i knowingly unequip him now.

daggertrepe
06-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Here is my tips:

Use Bahamut
NEVER use magic (it sucks on him)
Use Odin (if you have it)
Use throw(if you have it, and don't throw any weapons that you need!!!)
Use climhazzard (GET IT IF U DON'T HAVE IT!!!)
Have Cure 2
And attack.

Also, having Great Gospel makes you almost infinite. If truly helps.