PDA

View Full Version : Jechtness

Pouring Rain
05-22-2005, 08:27 PM
I cannot freaking stand Jecht! And I need help beating him. He will just not die for me! I have heard that you need the Magus Sisters. I'm about to get them so everybody can shut up now. I'll never be able to completely fix Lulu's Onion Knight cause I keep getting hit by thunder. So will you help me? And what do I need to customise something with Zombiestrike? I know I need Zombie. Since I screwed up Auron, I'll have to deal with Anima for the Zombie attack that DIDN'T work.

boys from the dwarf
05-22-2005, 08:46 PM
What are your characters stats because you need about 5000 HP to beat him and around 120 strength. you could beat him with lower but it makes it easier. the first time i did it i used the magus sisters to do 30000 each turn but now my chatacters can do it without aeons.

rubah
05-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Just get to where you hit for 99999 damage each time and hit him about twice.

Easiest way to do this is with auron and yuna and their celestial weapons :)

redxiiii
05-23-2005, 10:07 PM
The first time I compleated the game I didn`t have any celestial weapons and my characters stats weren`t that high but I still beat him, I just went in there with my aeons on overdrive and unleashed them and without celeastial weapons it made it hard because they didn`t have break damage limit but I still beat him with some Whacks from Auron and a couple of holies from Yuna.

crazybayman
05-24-2005, 02:17 PM
First time I finished this game, I did it without the Magus Sisters, or any extra Aeons. Sounds like you need higher levels, that's all.

And yes, Jecht is one big c#nt.

Ezme
05-25-2005, 08:10 PM
What is everyones obession with celestial weapons and max stats on here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most people seem to think it is impossible to complete an FF without being stupidly strong. I've never got max stats or all the celestial weapons in any FF. I think i got the godhand and whatever kihmari's one was. Come to think of it i think this is the only FF i ever got special weapons in. When I completed FFVIII my squall was level 35 and the others 30 and i still kicked ultimecia's ass!In FFX I think my max charecter was around 3000hp is, mabey closer to 4000. I know its a cool achievement but its not mandetory in order for you to enjoy/complete the game

Sorry for the rant it just gets on my nerves sometimes. And I know not everyone thinks this. phew

Legendary Caladbolg
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
You could also try to get blitz ace for Tidus.

rubah
05-25-2005, 09:02 PM
What is everyones obession with celestial weapons and max stats on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because we have nothing better to do and think it fun to kill the final bosses in as small a number of hits as possible.

and your beating ff8 at level 30 is hardly extraordinary, considering how ff8's levels work :)

It's just getting a full money's worth out of a game, you know.
Otherwise, it'd be like reading a book but going 'oh, I don't feel like reading this chapter, so I'll just skip it' xDD

Fireblade13
05-25-2005, 09:56 PM
I only needed yuna's celestial weopen and them to be on their 3rd sphere grid to beet him. thes levels were brought by zanarkands cloister and the city of the dead was hard to figure out.

Ravenmorghane
05-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Firstly, yes it does help to have the characters built up until they're as strong as aeons, but its also nice to take the time to find the extra stuff throughout the games because some of them do cool stuff with pretty colours etc.
Makes the game last longer and makes ya feel good that you managed to figure them out, although I have found the side quests for this game more fustrating and complicating than any other final fantasy I've ever played or seen. And the ultimate weapons do help in the kicking of butt.

With the lightning dodger game, the best tactic is to hit x as soon as you see the screen flash white a mili-second before the lightning flashes. It takes some skill but with practice your reaction time should improve.

rubah
05-27-2005, 12:23 AM
actually, the best thing for lightning dodging is doing it at the right time:o

ideally, all the celestial weapon sidequests should be done between 5-9:00 PM (that's when I did rikku, kimarhi, and lulu's, at least, three rather intense/annoying ones:P) This is a time of the day when teenagers like ourselves are wide awake still and able to think. Sometimes you don't think about doing sidequests until 2:00am, but you've lost most of your coordination by thenxD

FOr lightning dodging specifically, try doing it on a night when there's a REAL thunderstorm outsidexD and having someone to talk to and yell at and plead with not to turn the tv channel.

Pouring Rain
06-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Okay... And I got the Magus Sisters yesterday! Yay! And Wakka has 5000 something hp, Auron and Tidus have about 4900 hp, Lulu has 2600 hp, Kimahri has 2500, Yuna has 2900 hp, Rikku has 3200 hp. Did I name everybody? And I'm not a teen yet. I'm a tween. Thats 10 years old for all ya'll people who don't watch "Who Wants to be a Millionare?". I'm turning 11 this year. I have Auron's, Lulu's, Rikku's, and Yuna's celectaial weapons. I play a lot. So close to getting Kimahri's weapon. One more stone and then the ghost. Woo hoo!!!

Pouring Rain
06-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I have customised a LOT more since then. Yuna is still weak and gay, though. I think. 2799 or something. Lu used to be 2761, and now she is 3229! Mwa hahahahahahaha! I'm sorry, I just felt like it. Auron is totally sucking with his Celstial item unless he attacks on a flan or does a critical attack. Like the first time I did it with Shooting Star, he did some 22000! Now on an overdrive, he does 8000. And on a critical attack, he does 10000. It rocks. But he doesn't have peircing. And Kimahri's HP is 4000! Wakka is still 5000. And Tidus has Blitz Ace. Its funny that if you don't make it, he falls and hits his head. That thing goes so fast, it makes Energy Rain look slow. Jesus, thats hard. I tried to get Tidus' weapon with the Sun Sigil, but I keep getting hit by birds. Why won't this Chocobo fly?! Anyway, I just gotta say thanks for helping me out. Now if I could get through the tower of the dead again...

Zanius
06-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Lady Rikku, for the Chocoboo race, you could use an extra tip that worked with me. When the race starts, just press R1+R2+L1+L2, and move the analogues to get a better movement on your Chocoboo. I think that could make some some good.

By the way, I defeated Jacht by doing this:

- Have Tidus, Auron and Yuna on your party

- Use the Zombie attack on Jecht

- Cast Curaga on Jecht, and he'll loose a lot of HP

- Watch out with the 2 towers that restore Jecht about 3000 units of HP on him. All you have to do is to knock down only one of them.

- When the Jecht's overdrive gets the full bar, use Tidus to talk to Jecht, and his bar will go down.

- You also can use the aeon’s overdrives to do more damage.

I hope that all those tips could make some good. ;)

thinking of names is hard
06-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Auron takes more damage off enemies when he is low on hp with his celestial weapon. It does help to have the magus sisters...

If you cant find all the celestial weapons just customise your own ones. Lulu is just ridiculously boring to get so i just left it and made her own weapon with the items i got for capturing in each area. i didnt get Tidus' either...i remmember something being really hard and i couldnt do it.

I didnt use a specific team. I swapped round all my characters so they all had their fair share of damage...But most people liked to use Yuna, Auron and whoever else is strong...

So yeah-make sure Auron is low on heath-Yunas ready to summon-everyones equipped with decent weapons-Tidus is ready for the limit break-get ready to cast zombie and curaga-dont forget to talk to Jecht when his bar is almost full and you should be ok...

Not too much ro remmember i hope?

Lon611
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Lady Rikku, for the Chocoboo race, you could use an extra tip that worked with me. When the race starts, just press R1+R2+L1+L2, and move the analogues to get a better movement on your Chocoboo. I think that could make some some good.

can ne1 verify if that actually works?does it improve ur chances greatly?

neways, i had a problem with Braska's Final Aeon my first playthru cuz im not too keen on leveling up in games. but thats usually the easiest way to beat a boss:level up.

if not, just make sure every1 has haste, and caste curaga(don't remember if thats what its called in FFX) every round. make sure Auron has Zombie Attack;it doesn't really help do damage, but it does nullify the Yu Pagoda's healing capabilities.

there's also something on the net about a japanese player beating Braska's Final Aeon with an NSG game, and it prolly only took 3 mins, so u may want to search for that video. it has some nice japanese rock to it, too :D

Zanius
07-01-2005, 12:48 PM
can ne1 verify if that actually works?does it improve ur chances greatly?

Well that tip worked with me. After 4 tries, I won the Chocoboo racing.

hockeydude
07-06-2005, 09:30 PM
i find that trick is only in your head!! it doesnt help your movement it just something to make you think your doing better. with or without pressing those buttons the controls are the same. atleast thats what i find.

and with jecht just get atleast ONE celestial weapon. try getting Yunas. hers has double ap on it so she can level up faster. and make sure yuna and or lulu knows either ultima or holy. those can do some good damage. and you dont need the magus sisters for me when i faced jecht i only had one celstial weapon and only used 1 aeon.

but owell good luck with jecht

rubah
07-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I think hockeydude hit the nail right on the head there, about pushing the shoulder buttons in chocobo racing.

Lon611
07-06-2005, 11:48 PM
I think hockeydude hit the nail right on the head there, about pushing the shoulder buttons in chocobo racing.

still...im intrigued, lol.

Zanius
07-08-2005, 12:54 AM
i find that trick is only in your head!!

Well that's your opinion... :rolleyes2

Ok... for that you should try to have patience and get better your skills, for the race. :rolleyes2 Because the tip I mentioned really work.

And I agree with you... getting Yuna's or Lulu's Ultimate Weapon, is the best thing way to level up and can be very useful against Jecht., using the Ultima and Holy attacks.

sayen
07-10-2005, 11:07 PM
when i beat the game my tidus dident even do 9k dmage i had no celstrail weapons and had holy and ultima. and i beat braskas final aeos with overdrives same with yu yevon after casting reflect on him.

Pouring Rain
08-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Alrighty. I finished Final Fantasy X like two months ago with Auron and Yuna's celestial weapons because those were the only weapons I had fully customized. Anyway, I would like to say thank you so much for the hints and theroies and thank you so much!

Zanius
08-14-2005, 02:06 PM
All right Lady Rikku! :D

That's great; I hope that you liked the ending! ;)

Pouring Rain
08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Yesh, I liked it. I also found it funny when Yuna was running toward Tidus, and she was trying to hug him, and she went right through him and she almost fell off the airship. It was more like she was trying to take him down. And then my cousin fell the exact same way! execpt she tripped over my shoe and she was trying to give me a water bottle. It was hilarious. But Yu Yevon was rediculous!. Anyway, it was fun. I said I was never going to touch that game again, and I kept my promise. But my cousins think I'm stupid xD.

Rhi
08-17-2005, 09:39 PM
the ending made me cry it was so sad....but then again i dont live in reality, i just visit sometimes

Pouring Rain
08-26-2005, 12:46 AM
LMFAO!