PDA

View Full Version : Jecht, the "chosen" one?

Dante WolfWood
05-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Why was jecht chosen to go to spira??? I never figured it out....

Also, How'd he get there? sin? Why was sin there in the first place then? I thought you had to be connected to the dream city to get there? is it possible that the dream world is in sin? then why doesnt it attack more than once? and why didnt it attack when Jecht left?

Someone please help me out man!

boys from the dwarf
05-23-2005, 06:56 PM
All i know is that the dream world is inside sin

SeeDRankLou
05-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I always thought that the dream Zanarkand was high above Mt. Gagazet, right above the mass of fayth. Because in FFX-2 the clouds all disappear and that new place opens up, and I figured that was the dream Zanarkand going away.

Anyway, if you go talk to the fayth after you get the airship, they will tell you some of these things. I don't think that Jecht was chosen to go, I think it was an accident. Tidus was chosen because of Jecht, but I don't think Jecht was chosen. I always thought that Sin went to the dream Zanarkand so that Yu Yevon could see it. That's what all of this was for, I'm sure Yu Yevon would like to see the fruits of his labor. I think Sin attacks the dream Zanarkand because of Jecht. Jecht has moments of control over Sin, and destroying the dream Zanarkand was one of those moments. I don't think Yu Yevons would ever have done that.

crazybayman
05-24-2005, 01:52 PM
:confused:

I'm not the type to read deeply into things, and I didn't play FFX-2 (because its complete <bad stuff, man>) in its entirety, but I always assumed this after playing FFX a few times:

Jecht was brought 1000 years into the future but "riding" Sin when he was out at Sea, as Tidus did. Jecht came in contact with Sin out at Sea, so that Zanarkand didn't see, and hence was not damaged by, Sin.

Zanarkand did exist 1000 years in the past, and was destroyed by Sin, so when Tidus, Yuna and company journey to Zanarkand, its a pile of rubble.

Is there something I'm missing here, by not playing FFX-2? I know Tidus visits his old Zanarkand with the Fayth in his dreams in FFX, but What's this Dream Zanarkand your talking about?

Edit by Kishi: Language.

Halenite
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
It explains in X that the Zanarkand Tidus comes from is only a dream of the fayth. It literally says it directly. How you missed that is beyond me.

bigbri2k5
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Zanarkand did exist 1000 years in the past, and was destroyed by Sin, so when Tidus, Yuna and company journey to Zanarkand, its a pile of rubble.
i thought that the machina of bevelle destroyed zanarkand and yu-yevon turned the people into fayth summoned sin as armour so he could continue to summon the dream zanarkand of tidus and jecht

crazybayman
05-24-2005, 06:28 PM
It explains in X that the Zanarkand Tidus comes from is only a dream of the fayth. It literally says it directly. How you missed that is beyond me.

Oh yeah...........that's right, now I remember. I didn't miss that, I just forgot.

i thought that the machina of bevelle destroyed zanarkand and yu-yevon turned the people into fayth summoned sin as armour so he could continue to summon the dream zanarkand of tidus and jecht

That's right, its all coming back to me now. Its just been a while since I played it last.

Krag Koopa
05-27-2005, 06:21 AM
I heard that the fayth said that Zarnarkand went into war with bevelle Zanarkand got destroyed and the people became the fayth.....but they dont all summon aeons they summoned the dream that tidus lives in thats why they were all glowing on the gagazet trail....I know that aurons dead and the unsent can go wherever they want so before that jecht became the final summon for braska and killed him thats how he became sin and since the dream world is inside sin and since Jecht is sin he couldn't go back so if tidus came to spira by being touched by sin wouldn't everyone else be in spira too? despite all that im still confused.......

Squall of SeeD
05-27-2005, 05:27 PM
All i know is that the dream world is inside sin

It isn't. We go inside Sin. There's no Dream Zanarkand there. For that matter, Sin can go to Dream Zanarkand and it's outside of the creature. It's never implied that it is within it.

I always thought that the dream Zanarkand was high above Mt. Gagazet, right above the mass of fayth. Because in FFX-2 Spoiler: the clouds all disappear and that new place opens up, and I figured that was the dream Zanarkand going away.

Those were just clouds. This is two years after X ended. Dream Zanarkand has been gone for a good while.

Bevelle's Machina never touched Zanarkand. Zanarkand was losing the war out on the front lines (the Calm Lands) and Yu Yevon had the people of Zanarkand become the Fayth. As Bevelle's army climbed Mt. Gagazet to approach Zanarkand, they heard the Hymn of the Fayth and Sin appeared, attacking them. Sin destroyed Zanarkand, as Yu Yevon lost control of it and himself.

Shauna
05-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Jecht was brought 1000 years into the future but "riding" Sin when he was out at Sea, as Tidus did. Jecht came in contact with Sin out at Sea, so that Zanarkand didn't see, and hence was not damaged by, Sin.

Oh. Just so you know, there's no time travel in FFX. :)

FF freak
05-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh. Just so you know, there's no time travel in FFX. :)

Even if they got a Dilorean? You know that "Back to the Future" car I don't know how to spell.

I just figured that the fayth dreamed Jecht either by accident or design gave his potential to save the world and conjured him to reality. Then when he failed the fayth had a replacement waiting that they knew Jecht would approve of....Tidus.

Krag Koopa
05-28-2005, 02:08 AM
so thats how tidus is jechts son....

KuRt
05-28-2005, 03:26 PM
The bastards in spira saw Jecht´s name in a telephonebook and decided to get jecht there.

Squall of SeeD
05-28-2005, 05:19 PM
I just figured that the fayth dreamed Jecht either by accident or design gave his potential to save the world and conjured him to reality. Then when he failed the fayth had a replacement waiting that they knew Jecht would approve of....Tidus.

The fact that we're told he disappeared while training out at sea, and knowing that Sin travels within the ocean and served as a gateway between the two realms was intended to indicate that he got there through Sin as well.

For that matter, the Fayth weren't making new people anymore. The made Dream Zanarkand in the image of Zanarkand 1000 years before this point in time. The people that populate Dream Zanarkand in the present are the product of procreation amongst Dream Zanarkand's citizens.

Dark elf lord
05-30-2005, 08:43 PM
if sin did get Jecht a 1000 years in to the future why did it not destroy Zanarkand?

I think that the army in Zanarkand suckt i mean if thy kan send him away with sword why not whit guns (it make not sens i mean just nuke him) :D

Dr.M
06-01-2005, 02:58 AM
The bastards in spira saw Jecht´s name in a telephonebook and decided to get jecht there.
jecth was the star player of the zanarkand abes. he would have a privet number. although thats a very good theroy.

Blitzball Hooligan
06-01-2005, 03:56 AM
I think Jecht wasn't chosen by anyone, it was just a coincidence that he was in the ocean training when Sin came by and made him "real" through contact.

Queen Anthai
06-03-2005, 08:29 PM
The thing that always bugged me is that if Jecht was a dream, like Tidus, then how could he become Sin? Does Sin's touch make the Fayth-dreams into reality?