PDA

View Full Version : anakins birth

Excelsior
05-23-2005, 06:58 AM
theres a theory about how that sith lord that could create life actually created anakin. or he taught it to palapatine, who created anakin. or something. so he would be conceived by the force, n' stuff. yo. check it.

Shlup
05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
I think they're already talking about this in one of the other Star Wars threads, but it is an interesting theory.

darkchrono
05-23-2005, 07:46 AM
no, I doubt it. If that were true than he would have tried to create alot of those types of kids.

Also, really there isn't any real great proof that he was conceived in the manner that they say. The only person who said anything about it was Shmi and all she said was that she couldn't explain who the father was. And from that Qui Gon came up with the conclusion that Anakin was conceived through the force.

There really was no great proof throughout the entire trilogy that he was a miraculous birth. Qui Gon just took one line that Shmi told him and came up with his own conclusion.

Maybe Shmi was just like alot of women who have unwanted pregnancies and figured that whoever it may have been was not important enough to mention.

nik0tine
05-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Ive always wondered who anakins father was.

Old Manus
05-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I AM ANAKINS FATHER! SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

Meat Puppet
05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Luke travels back in time to do the deed, apparently.

FF Junkie
05-23-2005, 10:12 AM
I AM ANAKINS FATHER! SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

HILARIOUS!!! :D :p

But seriously, the whole notion of Anakin's origins is supposed to be rather cut and dry, not open for debate. This is Lucas' version of the Immaculate Conception, and it's not supposed to be tricky.. it's just hard to believe. The exact dialogue from the official episode 1 script lists this as the dialogue between Shmi and Qui-Gonn at the time of the discussion of origin:

QUI-GON
He can see things before they happen.
That's why he appears to have such
quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait.

SHMI
He deserves better than a slave's
life.

QUI-GON
The Force is unusally strong with
him, that much is clear. Who was his
father?

SHMI
There was no father, that I know
of... I carried him, I gave him
birth... I can't explain what
happened. Can you help him?

So we're only supposed to really have one of two options to believe here... either somebody slipped crazy party gal Shmi some intergalactic rufies OR Anakin's was a birth in the tradition of the Immaculate Conception, which would mean he's the stuff of legend, as in the Legend of the one to bring balance to the force.
The whole part about Shmi saying she can't explain it simply means that she can't reason/ justify how she got pregnant, knowing that it takes two to tango, so to speak, and it was just her...no "dancing", and yet here was little Ani.
Also, as for the notion of Palpatine knowing the power to save lives deal... he clearly never did. For starters, he tells Anakin he doesn't know how, but says that with their combined efforts they'd find a way... and yeah, i'm aware there's an argument against that reasoning.. that being that Palpatine is pretty much a huge liar/ manipulator, and he could have been lying...BUT if he were, why doesn't he save himself from dying at the end of Episode 6.... he's not sleeping and incognizant as to what's going on, as Plagueis supposedly was when Palpatine took him out.

As for Darth Plagueis creating Anakin..... while he theoretically could have done so, assuming he actually had this power(more on yet another theory regarding this in a second), looking to the prophecy you'd see that this was not the case, that it was simply a matter of the prophetic one coming to life... you see, Anakin DID fulfill the prophecy in the end. Thanks to the Rule of Two instigated by Darth Bane there can only be two Sith Lords at any given time. So when Anakin kills Palpatine in Episode 6 (sorry to all those who want to give Luke credit for this, but he's pretty much reduced to a whining little boy once that lightning starts a'flowin') and then dies himself, the Sith thread dies as well, and there is a balance in the force once again. It was Anakin who launched Palpatine to his death, not Luke. Luke DID have a part in it, as if it weren't for his suffering bringing out Anakin's fatherly instincts to protect and love his son, Vader'd never have returned to the Light Side; but there can be no argument that the act of bringing down the Sith was Anakin's alone.

I have to head to bed soon... I've been up for over 24 hours now and am starting to wane on the side of being "sleep-drunk", but I wanted to touch on that whole theory regarding Plagueis' power quickly.... As stated a few times throughout, Palpatine's whole plot centers on his abilities as a master manipulator and liar. He can obviously read into people's thoughts a bit, as well as their feelings. This is quite evident when he reveals that he knows about Anakin's worrying about saving Padme. You can't say he just sensed Anakin's anxiety as losing a loved one.. he names the woman and the event of child birth. So anyhow, a lot of the things Palpatine says to Anakin are all in an attempt to lure him over to the dark side to replace Dooku as his apprentice. (There are a few scenes that were deleted from the movie that I feel were vital to understanding just how much s#%t Palpatine was shoveling- one thing he brought up was the false rumor that Obi-Wan had a thing for Padme-trying to drive a wedge between Ani and his closest tie to the Jedi Order). Sooooo... he knew that nothing was more important to Anakin than Padme. Anakin didn't believe the rumors about Obi-Wan, as it wasn't enough to lure him to the dark side. So if you were Palpatine, it'd be an incredibly powerful persuading tool to be able to claim you could show Anakin how to save the life of his love by switching teams, so to speak. Thus, what I'm getting at is this: Palpatine may have simply made up the lie about Plagueis being able to stop people from dying just like he made up the lie about Obi-Wan having a thing for Padme; both with the intention of driving a wedge between Anakin and the Jedi and luring him to the dark side.
On that note, I need to lay down, while it's still dark out :) Have a great one everybody. I'm VERY glad to see so many fellow Star Wars junkies on here... can't wait to get back on here later today and talk about it some more :)

TheAbominatrix
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
It takes a very powerful Sith sorcerer to do such a spell. The Sith are rare, and not all Sith use spells, so, darkchrono, it'd be feasible and the reason there arent a lot of them... not to mention Sith are loathe to make it possible for anyone to be stronger than them, so again, they wouldnt do it very often.

While I do agree that Anakin is birthed by the Force itself, I'm merely stating the possiblity, as Sith sorcerers have that spell available to them.