PDA

View Full Version : about squall's look

radyk05
05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
hello there. i have a friend who wants to know the following:
Who is he modeled after? will anybody tell me his name (the model's name, that is)? i heard somewhere that is the same guy that tidus was modeled after. is it true?

DMKA
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Who is he modeled after? will anybody tell me his name (the model's name, that is)?
A singer in Japan by the name of Gackt, formerly a member of the band "Malice Mizer".

http://www.mahamari.com/story/gfx/la_squackt02_s.jpg

i heard somewhere that is the same guy that tidus was modeled after. is it true?
I've heard that too, though I'm not sure how true that is. I know for a fact that Squall was, because it's been confirmed in press releases and by the developers. But eh, I definitely see why people would think that if it's not true...because I mean, look:

http://pikachan.lardpirates.com/random/gackt/gackt-tidus.jpg

So maybe.

Kamrusepas
05-23-2005, 06:39 PM
I heard the other day that he was actually modeled after River Phoenix. Makes me like Squall more....

Armisael
05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow,a guy that looks like Squall and Tidus!!!^_^

rubah
05-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I prefer to believe what Kamrusepas said.

Huzzah River Phoenix.

Destai
05-23-2005, 08:18 PM
My gandmothers convined he looks more like a gigolo : :/

Leene
05-23-2005, 08:21 PM
:save: He looks more like Tidus than Squall. :save:

Gwelenguchenkus
05-23-2005, 08:59 PM
In another thread it was made clear that Gackt modeled in those clothes , and even commented that they looked like Squall's, and that it was intentional. In other words, he modeled after the game was released.

Gackt was not the inspiration of Squall or Tidus's character design.

That is an extremely horrible rumor that should die. This rumor was developed off of some Gackt website a while ago, and ever since people have been spreading this rumor even though there is absolutely no evidense to support any of it. It's really starting to piss me off actually.

Just like Gogo is not Adlai Stevenson.

rubah
05-23-2005, 11:45 PM
What do you mean Gogo isn't Adlai Stevenson?

Alexander
05-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Wow, Squall is bad enough to my eyes without looking like a androgine adn effeminate J-Pop singer o.O;

Seriously. Gackt isn't the best singer in the world. And he seems to be so... gay. Not as an offense. "Gay" meaning "homossexual", as it should be... XD

*~Nirvana~*
05-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Who is he modeled after? will anybody tell me his name (the model's name, that is)?
A singer in Japan by the name of Gackt, formerly a member of the band "Malice Mizer".

http://www.mahamari.com/story/gfx/la_squackt02_s.jpg

i heard somewhere that is the same guy that tidus was modeled after. is it true?
I've heard that too, though I'm not sure how true that is. I know for a fact that Squall was, because it's been confirmed in press releases and by the developers. But eh, I definitely see why people would think that if it's not true...because I mean, look:

http://pikachan.lardpirates.com/random/gackt/gackt-tidus.jpg

So maybe.

Gackt is just plain freaky. He gives me the shivers....

Mercen-X
05-24-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm fine with the last pic. The other two make him look like some psycho.

Armisael
05-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I know for a fact that Squall was, because it's been confirmed in press releases and by the developers.
Guys this has been confirmed officially..

rubah
05-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I've still never seen these interviews and press releases though.

and I prefer to not not believe in it being gackt anyways ^_^

minerva
05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I do think they look a like, and I don't believe that just because he's more attractive and delicate looking than a girl, his automatically gay.
that's just a stereotype, and a bad one at that. I mean does a guy have to be all macho and rough looking to be straight or to be atractive to a woman?
Also I read somewere that Tidus looks a lot like a japanese car racer, but i don't remember his name.

Kamrusepas
05-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I do think they look a like, and I don't believe that just because he's more attractive and delicate looking than a girl, his automatically gay.
that's just a stereotype, and a bad one at that. I mean does a guy have to be all macho and rough looking to be straight or to be atractive to a woman?

Not necessarily. I just don't like Gackt. I personally don't care who Squall was modeled after.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Also I read somewere that Tidus looks a lot like a japanese car racer, but i don't remember his name.

I agree with this. Being gay does not mean you look feminine. I hate it when little immature idiots call everything "gay". I find it very offensive, and no, it's not because I'm gay.

I know for a fact that Squall was, because it's been confirmed in press releases and by the developers.
Guys this has been confirmed officially..

No, it hasn't. This is a lie.

MushroomZOMBIE
05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
HE'S HAWT.LOL.Even though I don't like pop singers............HE'S STILL HAWT.Not hotter than Billie Joe Armstrong,though.......that's because Billie lives closer to me......(In California........Wahhhhhhh!!!!!)If there were more guys who looked like that in Miami,Around the ages of 14-16,I would be darn-ass happy!!!!!!!
Don't criticize me.I just hate the guys who live around here THAT much........

radyk05
05-24-2005, 10:06 PM
he also looks like cloud from advent children...

Armisael
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I have found this pic:
http://o2jamforum.e-games.com.my/attach.aspx/3082/gackt+squall.jpg

Yeah Squall must have been modeled after him..

Redfield
05-25-2005, 01:47 PM

wow! lol i never knew that... but now you point it out, yes it must be true lol... i'll never look at Gackt the same again... didnt he do a duet with utada hikaru at one point?

Braindead_Paul
05-25-2005, 03:59 PM
In another thread it was made clear that Gackt modeled in those clothes , and even commented that they looked like Squall's, and that it was intentional. In other words, he modeled after the game was released.

The first picture of Gackt (the one on the left) is from an album which was released in March 1998, the first pictures of Squall showed up in late 1998. So whatever was "made clear in another thread" is not entirely true.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Squall to be modelled after a real person (so I would be glad if anyone could disprove what I wrote above), but this "rumor" might be true. And as the picture of Gackt is older than Squall and really looks like him you can't eliminate any possibility of it.

Redfield
05-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah... the resemblance is quite amazing... his music is pretty cool though

Luthien
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I really donīt like the idea of Squall being modeled after Gakt, or whatever his name is...
I mean, Squall is soo cute!!! I rather think he looks more like Steve Burton :love: :love:

Check him out in www.steveburton.com (http://www.steveburton.com)