PDA

View Full Version : Best football match you've ever seen

tomamar04
05-23-2005, 06:49 PM
This can be either in real life, or on TV.

The most exicitng match I've seen is Euro 2004, when Czech Republic beat Holland 3-2 in the group stages.

Psychotic
05-23-2005, 07:00 PM
When I saw this thread title, I instantly thought of the same game - Czech Republic vs Holland.

tomamar04
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I know!

I want to see that game again.

In fact I want to see all of Euro 2004 again...

Psychotic
05-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Still, the one in your sig was a pretty awesome one too :laugh:

tailz
05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
well i remember those matches good thing we atleast made it to the semi finals ( i think) but the most exiting one was holland - sweden whe finaly won the penaltys

yes

tomamar04
05-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Still, the one in your sig was a pretty awesome one too :laugh:

Believe me, it comes a close second, with England vs Argnetina in the 98 world cup coming 3rd.

NM
05-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Liverpool Vs Olympiacos in the group stages of this years Champions League.

Croyles
05-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Lol i also thought of Euro 2004 Czech versus Holland. best game ive ever seen. Nedved kicked arse!

Cuchulainn
05-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Ireland 1 Italy 0, World Cup Group Stage, 1994

Manchester United 2 Bayern München 1 - European Cup Final, 1999
Manchester United 3 Juventus 2, European Cup Semi-Final, Second Leg, 1999
Manchester United 2 Arsenal 1, FA Cup Semi-Final, 1999

Oh 1999, what a great year.

And a game that brought shame to football, that I had the misfortune to attend personally was Ireland Vs England in February 1995. England fans joined with Loyalist Scum from the gutters of Northern Ireland's Protestant Estates and attacked Irish fans. Game was abandoned.

Doc Sark
05-23-2005, 10:31 PM
And a game that brought shame to football, that I had the misfortune to attend personally was Ireland Vs England in February 1995. England fans joined with Loyalist Scum from the gutters of Northern Ireland's Protestant Estates and attacked Irish fans. Game was abandoned.

I remember watching that game on the tele. It lasted about 16 minutes or something with Ireland in the lead before it was called off. But can you rephrase that second to last sentence to "a small minority of English fans" or "some English fans", I hate to be picky but I don't like to think of all English fans being hooligans, as they aren't.

Best game I ever saw was the 1989 F.A Cup Final where Liverpool beat Everton 3-2. Other great matches for me are the already mentioned Holland 2-3 Czech Republic game in Euro 2004 and the Liverpool v Alaves 5-4 thriller UEFA Cup final.

Of course nothing will ever top beating the Germans 5-1 on their own turf. Legendary.

Shoden
05-23-2005, 10:57 PM
AC Milan Vs Inter Milan ??? never saw the end result as it was a repeat so i never saw the score
Newcastle 5 vs Hapoel Bnei Sakhnin 1
and
Newcaslte 4 Vs Olympiakos 0

Sunderland 0 vs Huddlesfield (i think) 3
hillarious

Arsenal 7 Everton 0 good god sheez and a team like that got beat by birmingham and got lucky in the a cup arsenal is one lucky team

you know i prefer tormenting mackems and not man u fans coz sunderland is more local and theres alot of them around hopefully i wont get beaten up for it

again lol its just me though a few funny cracks on em and supporters are in hulk form and tears

Strider
05-23-2005, 11:53 PM
2002 NFC Wild Card game, New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers. My Niners come back from 25 points down to win 39-38. Of course, not before a botched field goal and a missed penalty, but that's besides the point.

Cuchulainn
05-24-2005, 12:11 AM
I remember watching that game on the tele. It lasted about 16 minutes or something with Ireland in the lead before it was called off. But can you rephrase that second to last sentence to "a small minority of English fans" or "some English fans", I hate to be picky but I don't like to think of all English fans being hooligans, as they aren't.

You're not being anal and it's a perfectly valid point. The problem then though was that it was organised before the match started and a LOT of C18 & Loyalists got tickets. It wasn't a fair representation of the English fans as a large part were on an organised rampage & not normal fans. Though English fans are still known to disrupt wherever they go in Europe. Italian fans & Turkish fans, I believe, nowadays are much, much worse. The FA has done a lot to curb the Hooligans & Racists of English football and to a large extent, they have succeeded.

escobert
05-24-2005, 02:01 AM
The Hungry Bears Roar
January 26, 1986

"When the great teams in Super Bowl history are recalled, the Chicago Bears of Super Bowl XX certainly will be given a lofty spot on the list.

Rarely has any Super Bowl champion played with such intensity, power and emotion. And seldom has any Super Bowl winner had so much fun doing what comes naturally.

Even before the Bears had demolished the outclassed New England Patriots, 46-10, before an awed sellout crowd at the Louisiana Super-dome in New Orleans, their defense already was being compared to some of the National Football League's all-time best. By the end of the game, the question became: What other defense has been better, especially in the last 20 years or so?"

Bears > all
<3
http://www.supernfl.com/SuperBowl/sb20.html

Kirobaito
05-24-2005, 02:44 AM
1992 NFC Championship Game, Cowboys versus 49ers. Cowboys won 30-20.

tomamar04
05-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Why has this topic changed to American football?

Doc Sark
05-24-2005, 09:49 AM
You're not being anal and it's a perfectly valid point. The problem then though was that it was organised before the match started and a LOT of C18 & Loyalists got tickets. It wasn't a fair representation of the English fans as a large part were on an organised rampage & not normal fans. Though English fans are still known to disrupt wherever they go in Europe. Italian fans & Turkish fans, I believe, nowadays are much, much worse. The FA has done a lot to curb the Hooligans & Racists of English football and to a large extent, they have succeeded.

I agree. It is a shame that English fans still have the trouble tag attached to them for their past misdermeanours but you're right, the measures being taken by the F.A and local constabularies to combat the problem has been effective. I don't know much about Loyalists or the problems in Northern Ireland they cause, but I do know about Combat 18 and they are scary, irrational people. Football should never be about violence.

I thought of another game that was amazing! The Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle twice! Once with Fowler scoring the winner in injury time, and once with Collymore doing the same! Amazing games.

tomamar04
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
When Spurs thrashed Chelsea 5-1 (I think) in the league cup.

escobert
05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Why has this topic changed to American football?
You said the best Football match not American or otherwise.